IFC Sets Launch Date For
ONION NEWS NETWORK!!
I am – Hercules!!
Jan. 21 marks the start of IFC's "Onion News Network," and because it’s not on NBC or Comedy Central, it’s guaranteed to have a lot more “fucks” than SNL or "The Daily Show."
It stars actress and former Fox News anchor Suzanne Sena as Brooke Alvarez.
And it is not to be confused with "The Onion SportsDome," which launches on Comedy Central 10 days earlier.
Find the trailer for the new show here.
Follow Herc on Twitter!!
Follow Evil Herc on Twitter!!
14.51 In Hardback!!
289 Blu-rays Under $10!!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Nov. 19, 2010, 5:06 p.m. CST
Nov. 19, 2010, 5:20 p.m. CST
Is that the gist?
Nov. 19, 2010, 5:58 p.m. CST
75% on the internet think their news reports are real for God's sake...a remake of UHF would be more appropriate to the idiot masses now days.
Nov. 19, 2010, 6 p.m. CST
by Harry Weinstein
Nov. 19, 2010, 6:09 p.m. CST
Nov. 19, 2010, 6:20 p.m. CST
by nolan bautista
The Onion is one of the sites i have on rotation(alongside AICN and Pornhub)
Nov. 19, 2010, 6:30 p.m. CST
Look for this new series to replace old man Jon Stewart in the ratings. Jon can tell as many old jokes as he wants, his dentures clacking, but it'll be nice to get some young blood doing comedy on TV. I predict after Onion Network News debuts, the elderly Jon Stewart will fall sideways while using his walker, and his dentures will pop out of his mouth like so many missed opportunities.
Nov. 19, 2010, 7:03 p.m. CST
by Nice Marmot
Nov. 19, 2010, 9:35 p.m. CST
I remember getting their paper on campus before they had even hit the net. They've sure come a long way.
Nov. 20, 2010, 6:09 a.m. CST
by JT Kirk
The Onion videos are hit or miss, but The Onion on TV is going to have the hardest time ever finding not 1 but 2 audiences at the same time. And Comedy Central is going to can theirs first because they are owned by a big corporation that worries about ad revenues more.
Nov. 20, 2010, 7:50 a.m. CST
by Mr. Smearkase
I'm sure I'll time in some day out of curiosity, but the promos they've been running on IFC make this look so lame. Kim Jong Il as Batman? Is that the best you've got for your promos?
Nov. 20, 2010, 10:34 a.m. CST
by Anything But Tangerines
Or Kennedy for that matter
Nov. 20, 2010, 10:57 a.m. CST
I've got the book on the Onion's front pages. That's one of the few that I remember.
Nov. 20, 2010, 11:27 a.m. CST
why do people keep insisting on this? heres a headline: "bright lights and girls in skimpy underwear distract morons from bullshit filmmaking"
Nov. 20, 2010, 12:09 p.m. CST
The videos and articles have always been for the most part brilliant, intelligently written satire , much better than most of the skits on SNL. hopefully this show is good and finds its niche audience
Nov. 20, 2010, 12:19 p.m. CST
http://www.theonion.com/articles/84-million-new-yorkers-suddenly-realize-new-york-c,18003/ http://www.theonion.com/articles/poll-finds-majority-of-male-voters-would-have-elec,18436/ how can you not think this was funny?
Nov. 20, 2010, 7:53 p.m. CST
by Bouncy X
so an actress is playing a character? so this will be some sitcom type show based around the website? i know its a fake site thats known to be fake but wouldnt it give it a better attempt at realism to have the anchors use their real names and sorta play themselves?
- ‘Kelvington’ Reviews This Weekend’s Season Premiere Of DOCTOR WHO And Asks: Why Is It So Terrible?? -- 157 total posts 157 posts
- Matthew McConaughey as Randall Flag in THE STAND?!! -- 119 total posts 119 posts
- Quint sits down with Frank Miller to talk a little about Sin City: A Dame To Kill For! -- 158 total posts 115 posts
- Get A Grip On Denzel Washington’s EQUALIZER!! -- 109 total posts 109 posts
- Take A ‘Deep Breath’ - The DOCTOR WHO S8 Weekend Docbacks Begin Now!! -- 103 total posts 103 posts
- Trailer for Gregg Araki's WHITE BIRD IN A BLIZZARD, Starring Shailene Woodley and Eva Green! -- 98 total posts 92 posts
- Shane Black to bring Remo Williams back to the big screen in THE DESTROYER! -- 219 total posts 86 posts
- Is Tarantino about to make Jennifer Lawrence one of THE HATEFUL EIGHT!?! -- 160 total posts 82 posts
- August Picks & Peeks 2014 Catch Up: DePalma, Jarmusch, Corman, Cuaron, Arau, Cosmotos, Brass, Huston + more! -- 384 total posts 52 posts
- Trailer for NIGHTCRAWLER! "If it bleeds, it leads!" -- 87 total posts 43 posts