IFC Sets Launch Date For
ONION NEWS NETWORK!!
I am – Hercules!!
Jan. 21 marks the start of IFC's "Onion News Network," and because it’s not on NBC or Comedy Central, it’s guaranteed to have a lot more “fucks” than SNL or "The Daily Show."
It stars actress and former Fox News anchor Suzanne Sena as Brooke Alvarez.
And it is not to be confused with "The Onion SportsDome," which launches on Comedy Central 10 days earlier.
Find the trailer for the new show here.
Follow Herc on Twitter!!
Follow Evil Herc on Twitter!!
14.51 In Hardback!!
289 Blu-rays Under $10!!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Nov. 19, 2010, 5:06 p.m. CST
Nov. 19, 2010, 5:20 p.m. CST
Is that the gist?
Nov. 19, 2010, 5:58 p.m. CST
75% on the internet think their news reports are real for God's sake...a remake of UHF would be more appropriate to the idiot masses now days.
Nov. 19, 2010, 6 p.m. CST
by Harry Weinstein
Nov. 19, 2010, 6:09 p.m. CST
Nov. 19, 2010, 6:20 p.m. CST
by nolan bautista
The Onion is one of the sites i have on rotation(alongside AICN and Pornhub)
Nov. 19, 2010, 6:30 p.m. CST
Look for this new series to replace old man Jon Stewart in the ratings. Jon can tell as many old jokes as he wants, his dentures clacking, but it'll be nice to get some young blood doing comedy on TV. I predict after Onion Network News debuts, the elderly Jon Stewart will fall sideways while using his walker, and his dentures will pop out of his mouth like so many missed opportunities.
Nov. 19, 2010, 7:03 p.m. CST
by Nice Marmot
Nov. 19, 2010, 9:35 p.m. CST
I remember getting their paper on campus before they had even hit the net. They've sure come a long way.
Nov. 20, 2010, 6:09 a.m. CST
by JT Kirk
The Onion videos are hit or miss, but The Onion on TV is going to have the hardest time ever finding not 1 but 2 audiences at the same time. And Comedy Central is going to can theirs first because they are owned by a big corporation that worries about ad revenues more.
Nov. 20, 2010, 7:50 a.m. CST
by Mr. Smearkase
I'm sure I'll time in some day out of curiosity, but the promos they've been running on IFC make this look so lame. Kim Jong Il as Batman? Is that the best you've got for your promos?
Nov. 20, 2010, 10:34 a.m. CST
by Anything But Tangerines
Or Kennedy for that matter
Nov. 20, 2010, 10:57 a.m. CST
I've got the book on the Onion's front pages. That's one of the few that I remember.
Nov. 20, 2010, 11:27 a.m. CST
why do people keep insisting on this? heres a headline: "bright lights and girls in skimpy underwear distract morons from bullshit filmmaking"
Nov. 20, 2010, 12:09 p.m. CST
The videos and articles have always been for the most part brilliant, intelligently written satire , much better than most of the skits on SNL. hopefully this show is good and finds its niche audience
Nov. 20, 2010, 12:19 p.m. CST
http://www.theonion.com/articles/84-million-new-yorkers-suddenly-realize-new-york-c,18003/ http://www.theonion.com/articles/poll-finds-majority-of-male-voters-would-have-elec,18436/ how can you not think this was funny?
Nov. 20, 2010, 7:53 p.m. CST
by Bouncy X
so an actress is playing a character? so this will be some sitcom type show based around the website? i know its a fake site thats known to be fake but wouldnt it give it a better attempt at realism to have the anchors use their real names and sorta play themselves?
- HERCULES ON THE RADIO!! Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Chats Up BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER / ED WOOD Icon (And Hollywood Royalty) Juliet Landau!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 10pm PT / Sunday 1am ET!! -- 353 total posts 326 posts
- Fox Renews For Next Season THE MINDY PROJECT, THE FOLLOWING, BROOKLYN NINE-NINE And NEW GIRL!! -- 59 total posts 5 posts
- Darker ZORRO Reboot Finds its Writer! -- 257 total posts 4 posts
- Harry shares Day 1 of SXSW which stars Jon Favreau's utterly delicious CHEF!!! -- 133 total posts 4 posts
- Learn What Happens Next On HBO’s GAME OF THRONES!! -- 141 total posts 3 posts
- First glimpse of STAR WARS EPISODE VII art has Harry going full nostalgic for all things related to the Force! Plus an Actor cast? -- 569 total posts 1 post
- Quint eats up Jon Favreau's CHEF, opening night flick of SXSW 2014! -- 30 total posts 1 post
- SNOWPIERCER finally gets a U.S. release date in its full, un-Weinstened glory! -- 41 total posts 1 post
- All 13 Season-Six Episodes Of CLONE WARS Land On Netflix!! Joan Jett On LETTERMAN!! Kenan Thompson On MEYERS!! TRAIN YOUR DRAGON On FX DOWNLOAD!! New HANNIBAL, FIVE-0, GRIMM, BLOODS, LAST MAN, NEIGHBORS, ELISTED, HOPE, BANSHEE, TREEHOUSE, GOLD & SMACKDOWN!! Herc’s Friday TV Talkback!! -- 90 total posts 1 post
- Are You Primed For Optimus’ TRANSFORMERS: AGE OF EXTINCTION Character Poster?? -- 176 total posts 1 post