IFC Sets Launch Date For
ONION NEWS NETWORK!!
I am – Hercules!!
Jan. 21 marks the start of IFC's "Onion News Network," and because it’s not on NBC or Comedy Central, it’s guaranteed to have a lot more “fucks” than SNL or "The Daily Show."
It stars actress and former Fox News anchor Suzanne Sena as Brooke Alvarez.
And it is not to be confused with "The Onion SportsDome," which launches on Comedy Central 10 days earlier.
Find the trailer for the new show here.
Follow Herc on Twitter!!
Follow Evil Herc on Twitter!!
14.51 In Hardback!!
289 Blu-rays Under $10!!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Nov. 19, 2010, 5:06 p.m. CST
Nov. 19, 2010, 5:20 p.m. CST
Is that the gist?
Nov. 19, 2010, 5:58 p.m. CST
75% on the internet think their news reports are real for God's sake...a remake of UHF would be more appropriate to the idiot masses now days.
Nov. 19, 2010, 6 p.m. CST
by Harry Weinstein
Nov. 19, 2010, 6:09 p.m. CST
Nov. 19, 2010, 6:20 p.m. CST
by nolan bautista
The Onion is one of the sites i have on rotation(alongside AICN and Pornhub)
Nov. 19, 2010, 6:30 p.m. CST
Look for this new series to replace old man Jon Stewart in the ratings. Jon can tell as many old jokes as he wants, his dentures clacking, but it'll be nice to get some young blood doing comedy on TV. I predict after Onion Network News debuts, the elderly Jon Stewart will fall sideways while using his walker, and his dentures will pop out of his mouth like so many missed opportunities.
Nov. 19, 2010, 7:03 p.m. CST
by Nice Marmot
Nov. 19, 2010, 9:35 p.m. CST
I remember getting their paper on campus before they had even hit the net. They've sure come a long way.
Nov. 20, 2010, 6:09 a.m. CST
by JT Kirk
The Onion videos are hit or miss, but The Onion on TV is going to have the hardest time ever finding not 1 but 2 audiences at the same time. And Comedy Central is going to can theirs first because they are owned by a big corporation that worries about ad revenues more.
Nov. 20, 2010, 7:50 a.m. CST
by Mr. Smearkase
I'm sure I'll time in some day out of curiosity, but the promos they've been running on IFC make this look so lame. Kim Jong Il as Batman? Is that the best you've got for your promos?
Nov. 20, 2010, 10:34 a.m. CST
by Anything But Tangerines
Or Kennedy for that matter
Nov. 20, 2010, 10:57 a.m. CST
I've got the book on the Onion's front pages. That's one of the few that I remember.
Nov. 20, 2010, 11:27 a.m. CST
why do people keep insisting on this? heres a headline: "bright lights and girls in skimpy underwear distract morons from bullshit filmmaking"
Nov. 20, 2010, 12:09 p.m. CST
The videos and articles have always been for the most part brilliant, intelligently written satire , much better than most of the skits on SNL. hopefully this show is good and finds its niche audience
Nov. 20, 2010, 12:19 p.m. CST
http://www.theonion.com/articles/84-million-new-yorkers-suddenly-realize-new-york-c,18003/ http://www.theonion.com/articles/poll-finds-majority-of-male-voters-would-have-elec,18436/ how can you not think this was funny?
Nov. 20, 2010, 7:53 p.m. CST
by Bouncy X
so an actress is playing a character? so this will be some sitcom type show based around the website? i know its a fake site thats known to be fake but wouldnt it give it a better attempt at realism to have the anchors use their real names and sorta play themselves?
- The Bat Cowl from BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE is in the hall! -- 229 total posts 229 posts
- There's a new awesome filming location for STAR WARS 7!!! -- 186 total posts 186 posts
- FIFTY SHADES OF GREY Trailer Is Like Daaaaayuuuuuuum! -- 132 total posts 131 posts
- Beginning of a flood of AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON Comic Con Artwork?!?! -- 200 total posts 116 posts
- Marvel Debuts Special ANT-MAN Poster For Comic Con! -- 109 total posts 66 posts
- Behold The Blazing New Poster For THE HOBBIT: THE BATTLE OF THE FIVE ARMIES!! -- 218 total posts 54 posts
- Sony Says Fuck It, Announces Release Dates For THE SINISTER SIX And THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 3! -- 348 total posts 53 posts
- SDCC '14: Title logo for WARCRAFT! -- 60 total posts 48 posts
- Marvel sets one additional 2018 release date! -- 104 total posts 43 posts
- He's not 007 anymore, but Pierce Brosnan is still kicking ass across Europe in the full trailer for THE NOVEMBER MAN! -- 85 total posts 36 posts