CBS’ THE AMAZING RACE
Finally Going HD In 2011!!
I am – Hercules!!
One of the last network shows to make the jump to HD and one of the network shows fans most want to see in HD, “The Amazing Race” will indeed make the switch to high-def cameras next year, CBS entertainment president Nina Tassler tells The Hollywood Reporter.
Expense and portability was said to be an issue, but aren’t there loads of 1080p camcorders that cost $110 and fit in your shirt pocket?
Find all of The Hollywood Reporter’s story on the matter here.
Follow Herc on Twitter!!
Follow Evil Herc on Twitter!!
142 Blu-rays Under $10!!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Nov. 2, 2010, 7:51 p.m. CST
I call their excuses for not jumping complete bollocks. One of the highest rated programs on TV and they use the "too expensive" excuse, when they pay 360K an episode to the kid in 2 1/2 men? inexcusable!
Nov. 2, 2010, 8:45 p.m. CST
Can climb with Bear, run with Bear and jump of waterfalls with Bear. Portability issues my ass.
Nov. 2, 2010, 10:43 p.m. CST
...broadcast with the cloud sidebars they show in the ads.
Nov. 3, 2010, 12:16 a.m. CST
about fucking time!
Nov. 3, 2010, 3:09 a.m. CST
As someone who has had both SD and HD professional digital cameras on his shoulder, yes, portability is definitely a consideration. And as someone who worked as a tape logger on a series of the Amazing Race Asia, those cameras get an absolute work out. But I am very glad that the next season will be in HD, because, well, it is about time.
Nov. 3, 2010, 8:50 a.m. CST
Just because something says it is 1080p doesn't mean the quality and flexibility of the camera is anywhere near good enough for tv.
Nov. 3, 2010, 12:44 p.m. CST
even the shitty 720p videos on YouTube look better than the 480i Amazing Race
Nov. 3, 2010, 1:19 p.m. CST
Team Melon finished second on sunday.
Nov. 3, 2010, 4:55 p.m. CST
Six years ago, the Rush HD channel on the Voom HD Network was putting HD cameras in the helmets of snowboarders and downhill BMX bike racers and the pictures were in absoultely gorgeous full 1080 HD. Those shows were broadcast quality, without question. They looked spectacular on my new plasma TV.
Nov. 3, 2010, 9 p.m. CST
by AL bino
With the locations alone they could find new viewership just by jumping from 480i to 1080p. <br> <br> And, yeah, my understanding has always been that carrying around the full sized HD cameras was too bulky a setup at the beginning. But certainly they've been able to jump to a prosumer level now for at least 2 or 3 years with no problem. <br> <br> Whatever, sure it's long overdue, but count me in as excited.
- 3rd Official X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST trailer hits - and it is a big one!!! -- 229 total posts 219 posts
- ‘A Gift From The Clairvoyant!!’ Patton Oswalt Joins Joss Whedon’s AGENTS OF SHIELD!! Seinfeld On PIONEERS OF TELEVISION!! The Returns Of NEW GIRL, AWKWARD & WIFE SWAP!! The Premiere Of FARGO!! Plus New BOY, STORAGE, SCHUMER, PERSON, TOSH, NCIS, GLEE, FIRE, CONTAINER, MINDY, DUSK, ORIGINALS, SUPERNATURAL & VOICE!! TEEN MOM Finale Special!! DANCE MOMS 100!! HARDCORE PAWN Finale!! Nathan Fillion & Tatiana Maslany on CONAN!! Herc’s Tuesday TV Talkback!! -- 138 total posts 32 posts
- Jaden Smith will dress like a girl to avoid slavery in THE GOOD LORD BIRD! -- 72 total posts 20 posts
- Everyone thinks Elizabeth Banks is a hooker in this red-band WALK OF SHAME trailer! -- 45 total posts 19 posts
- The Composer For That BATMAN / SUPERMAN Movie Is… -- 234 total posts 12 posts
- David Fincher wants more money to do his JOBS! -- 177 total posts 12 posts
- MAGIC MIKE XXL gets a release date! -- 21 total posts 9 posts
- Matthew Vaughn to get SUPERIOR to stay in the Mark Millar business for Fox! -- 24 total posts 8 posts
- 3rd week of April 2014's PICKS & PEEKS: Welles,Wilder,Svankmajer, Mann,Jeong, Sirk,Trier & more!!! -- 110 total posts 7 posts
- THE SIGNAL and V/H/S co-director David Bruckner to direct the found footage FRIDAY THE 13TH reboot?! -- 65 total posts 6 posts