CBS’ THE AMAZING RACE
Finally Going HD In 2011!!
I am – Hercules!!
One of the last network shows to make the jump to HD and one of the network shows fans most want to see in HD, “The Amazing Race” will indeed make the switch to high-def cameras next year, CBS entertainment president Nina Tassler tells The Hollywood Reporter.
Expense and portability was said to be an issue, but aren’t there loads of 1080p camcorders that cost $110 and fit in your shirt pocket?
Find all of The Hollywood Reporter’s story on the matter here.
Follow Herc on Twitter!!
Follow Evil Herc on Twitter!!
142 Blu-rays Under $10!!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Nov. 2, 2010, 7:51 p.m. CST
I call their excuses for not jumping complete bollocks. One of the highest rated programs on TV and they use the "too expensive" excuse, when they pay 360K an episode to the kid in 2 1/2 men? inexcusable!
Nov. 2, 2010, 8:45 p.m. CST
Can climb with Bear, run with Bear and jump of waterfalls with Bear. Portability issues my ass.
Nov. 2, 2010, 10:43 p.m. CST
...broadcast with the cloud sidebars they show in the ads.
Nov. 3, 2010, 12:16 a.m. CST
about fucking time!
Nov. 3, 2010, 3:09 a.m. CST
As someone who has had both SD and HD professional digital cameras on his shoulder, yes, portability is definitely a consideration. And as someone who worked as a tape logger on a series of the Amazing Race Asia, those cameras get an absolute work out. But I am very glad that the next season will be in HD, because, well, it is about time.
Nov. 3, 2010, 8:50 a.m. CST
Just because something says it is 1080p doesn't mean the quality and flexibility of the camera is anywhere near good enough for tv.
Nov. 3, 2010, 12:44 p.m. CST
even the shitty 720p videos on YouTube look better than the 480i Amazing Race
Nov. 3, 2010, 1:19 p.m. CST
Team Melon finished second on sunday.
Nov. 3, 2010, 4:55 p.m. CST
Six years ago, the Rush HD channel on the Voom HD Network was putting HD cameras in the helmets of snowboarders and downhill BMX bike racers and the pictures were in absoultely gorgeous full 1080 HD. Those shows were broadcast quality, without question. They looked spectacular on my new plasma TV.
Nov. 3, 2010, 9 p.m. CST
by AL bino
With the locations alone they could find new viewership just by jumping from 480i to 1080p. <br> <br> And, yeah, my understanding has always been that carrying around the full sized HD cameras was too bulky a setup at the beginning. But certainly they've been able to jump to a prosumer level now for at least 2 or 3 years with no problem. <br> <br> Whatever, sure it's long overdue, but count me in as excited.
- First look at footage from Genndy Tartakovsky's POPEYE! -- 229 total posts 128 posts
- Rejoice! DEADPOOL: THE MOVIE comin' to you in February 2016!! -- 232 total posts 95 posts
- The GODZILLA Sequel Has A Writer!! -- 72 total posts 72 posts
- Josh Trank's FANTASTIC FOUR gets pushed back nearly two months, and knocks ASSASSIN'S CREED off the calendar! -- 141 total posts 50 posts
- Quint is surprisingly quite fond of Kevin Smith's TUSK! Fantastic Fest 2014! -- 50 total posts 50 posts
- Guy Ritchie brings a mermaid onto land to play his Guinevere in KNIGHTS OF THE ROUNDTABLE: KING ARTHUR! -- 99 total posts 43 posts
- DOCTOR WHO S08E05 ‘Time Heist’ Reader Reaction Begins Now!! + HornOrSilk’s ‘Domain Of The Voord’ Big Finish Audio Review, Synopses For Upcoming S8 Eps, And More!! -- 37 total posts 37 posts
- Here’s A Video Of STAR WARS EPISODE VII’s Millennium Falcon, Highlighting One Little Detail… -- 446 total posts 35 posts
- Muldoon Happily Gets Lost in THE MAZE RUNNER! -- 62 total posts 34 posts
- The Premiere Of TIM & ERIC’s BEDTIME STORIES!! New GARFUNKEL, HAVEN & LOSER!! HONORABLE, RUSH, WORST, NAKED, MARRIED & SATISFACTION Finales!! The Return Of BREAKING AMISH!! Terry Gilliam On COLBERT!! Carmen Lynch On CRAIG!! Julianna & Viggo On SETH!! Ali Wong @MIDNIGHT!! Herc’s Thursday TV Talkback!! -- 23 total posts 20 posts