Hercules Has Seen Richard Dreyfuss Enhance 2010’s Final Four Episodes of WEEDS!!
“Weeds” begins its four-episode Dreyfuss-infused season-closing Motor City arc tonight and I’m here to tell you season six finishes strong: it’s funny, suspenseful and moving.
Not only is the Botwin’s future decided in Dearborn, but we learn the teenage Nancy left a lot of mayhem in her wake before heading west to Agrestic. (By the way, a big Botwin-free part of 6.12 is set in Agrestic, which has been improbably rebranded Regrestic.)
Showtime says of 6.10, titled “Dearborn-Again”:
Nancy, attempting to score some big cash, returns to her hometown where she takes up residence with Warren an old acquaintance. Andy and Doug try to secure information on where to locate fake passports. Meanwhile, Silas and Shane curiously dig into Nancy's past.
* The “previously” package begins with the words of Nancy Botwin’s sister, played by Jennifer Jason Leigh: “Just admit for once you had sex with Mr. Schiff. Your math teacher. And he threatened to stab himself in the heart with a geometry compass when she dumped him. He finally got fired, divorced his wife and camped out on our front lawn until daddy finally had him taken away. He used to send you notes from the loony bin.”
* This week’s “Weeds” logo is a Sky Mall catalog.
* Nancy thinks Dearborn, Mich., her hometown, is an excellent place to get fake passports because of its enormous Arab population.
* Dreyfuss may here play the least savory character of his career. Which is not to say it's not entertaining.
* We meet devout and not-terribly-devout Muslims during these final four episodes.
* We learn Nancy was an “amazing” gymnast and dancer who designed her own outfits.
* Eldest son Silas has a lot of thinking to do in these final four.
* The visit to Sherwood and Arlene Price comes at 6.10’s midpoint. That’s Eric Lange, who played Dharma head of research Stuart Radzinski on season five of “Lost.”
* Curiously, only one homeless unemployed auto worker is encountered this week.
To anticipate the question, Showtime has ordered a seventh season.
10 p.m. Monday. Showtime.
Follow Herc on Twitter!!
Follow Evil Herc on Twitter!!
Season Eight!! Volume Seven!!
112 Blu-rays Under $10!!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Oct. 25, 2010, 3:03 a.m. CST
With some tighter writing and less stunt casting (honestly, what was Linda Hamilton doing? I learned more about her character by reading articles on AICN than I did from watching the episodes...) they could have tied up the story this year. <p> But making Shane into some kind of Dexter-lite and drawing things out... it's just frustrating. It feels like they're going back to spinning wheels and plots and biding their time until the inevitable cliffhanger, without actually resolving anything.
Oct. 25, 2010, 4:50 a.m. CST
I've enjoyed the past three seasons to a point, but I've really just wanted them to go back to Agrestic.
Oct. 25, 2010, 5:49 a.m. CST
Because I miss the old intro. I miss Guillermo too.
Oct. 25, 2010, 6:34 a.m. CST
Considering that some of us saw through the charade that was that crapfest before the end if its first season.
Oct. 25, 2010, 8:36 a.m. CST
Oct. 25, 2010, 9:37 a.m. CST
equals massive laughs every week like the rest of the season so far... YES, PLEASE... wtb Season 10+!
Oct. 25, 2010, 9:40 a.m. CST
This year has been a return to form. It's been tightly written with the same level of quality we got the first couple of years. I was so ready to give up after season 5's finale but I'm back in at this point. Bring on S7
Oct. 25, 2010, 11:21 a.m. CST
USA is where it's at.<p>More pot please.
Oct. 25, 2010, 11:34 a.m. CST
It felt like they were trying to bring it back to the core family. And Nancy and Andy's relationship continues to be really interesting.
Oct. 25, 2010, 12:13 p.m. CST
Fuck the rest of 'em, Doug and Andy is where it's at. Two of the best characters (and actors) on TV at the moment without question.<p>!What do you call that thing between the dick and the asshole?"<p>"The coffee table".
Oct. 25, 2010, 1:05 p.m. CST
It like every character was on auto-pilot.
Oct. 25, 2010, 5:10 p.m. CST
Because she's the least likable character on any show on TV right now. They try hard to write her as a sympathetic narcissist MILF, but I absolutely can't stand the character. if that's the point, that's just sad. <p>If it wasn't for Justin Kirk and the rest of the supporting cast, this show would not exist. All MLP knows how to do is cry and smile crooked, and sip on a straw on queue. I fucking hate Nancy Botwin as a character, but I love the supporting cast. So, I watch.
Oct. 25, 2010, 6:22 p.m. CST
after co-starring with her in RED.
Oct. 26, 2010, 8:58 p.m. CST
So what's in the room?
- Check Out Spidey and Electro in the First Clip from THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2! -- 59 total posts 59 posts
- Is one of these guys ready to play Dr. Victor Von Doom in Josh Trank's FANTASTIC FOUR?! -- 185 total posts 54 posts
- ‘Nobody’s Interested In Your Texts!!’ President Barack Obama Takes On Zach Galifianakis BETWEEN TWO FERNS!! -- 69 total posts 34 posts
- Jason Sudeikis to star as the Laker lovin', disguise wearin' Irwin "Fletch" Fletcher in FLETCH WON! -- 92 total posts 20 posts
- The Rock ‘Em, Sock ‘Em Badassity Of TITANFALL Is Now Upon Us!! -- 76 total posts 17 posts
- New Clip from CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER! -- 87 total posts 11 posts
- International OCULUS Poster Has Arrived! -- 11 total posts 11 posts
- See The Flash's Full Costume For The New CW Show!! -- 76 total posts 10 posts
- A New And Nice Clip From Darren Aronofsky’s NOAH!! + Emma Watson Introduces A New Trailer!! -- 131 total posts 9 posts
- Aliens look to Steve Martin to find them a new home planet in this extended teaser for HOME, entitled ALMOST HOME! -- 20 total posts 8 posts