The Behind the Scenes Pic of the Day wishes you a good evening!
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here with today’s Behind the Scenes pic!
Like I mentioned at the tail end of yesterday’s BTS pic, today’s photo is a very staged shot and as such I was hesitant in running it. But it’s such a great shot of a great director and it’s perfect for this Halloween themed month of BtSPotD.
And I also remembered that the early shot of John Carpenter and Kurt Russell posing on the set of Big Trouble In Little China has been a reader a favorite, so I pulled the stick out of my ass, loosened up and decided an awesome pic is an awesome pic, staged or not. Plus I had a very nice, high res version to share, so make to click for the super big version!
We all know Hitchcock was a ham anyway. The dude had such a great and memorable sense of humor and wasn’t shy around a camera, still or otherwise. Which is one of the reasons he’s been featured so often in his column. I love him as a filmmaker and there’s tons of pics out there of him.
I have to imagine this one comes from the publicity surrounding THE BIRDS. Enjoy and be sure to click for the bigger version!
If you have a pic you think should be included email me. I’m looking for the iconic, the rare or the just plain cool behind the scenes shots to feature here.
Tomorrow’s Behind the Scenes Pic features a mad monster party!
Follow Me On Twitter
Previous Behind the Scenes pics:
- Big Trouble In Little China
- Clash of the Titans
- Dr. Strangelove
- Sesame Street
- The Birds
- The Dark Knight
- Batman (1989)
- Batman: The TV Series
- Stephen King’s IT
- Raiders of the Lost Ark
- Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
- Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
- The French Connection
- The Road Warrior
- King Kong (’33)
- The Empire Strikes Back (Luke with Slate)
- Rebel Without A Cause
- Taxi Driver
- The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
- Tommy Chong Meets The Blues Brothers
- The Empire Strikes Back (Filming the Crawl)
- John Carpenter’s The Thing
- Die Hard
- Frankenstein Meets The Wolf Man
- The Howling
- Revenge of the Creature
- The Empire Strikes Back (Vader & Luke Duel)
- The Godfather
- Rambo III
- Planet of the Apes
- Pan’s Labyrinth
- The Adventures of Robin Hood
- Marathon Man
- Young Frankenstein
- Viva Las Vegas
- The Empire Strikes Back (Han driving a snow cat)
- Rio Bravo
- Back to the Future
- The Time Machine
- War of the Worlds (1953)
- Alien (Chestburster)
- On Her Majesty’s Secret Service
- Dr. No
- The Twilight Zone
- Once Upon A Time In The West
- Lawrence of Arabia
- Star Trek: The Original Series
- The Empire Strikes Back (Luke in Wampa Cave)
- Edward Scissorhands
- The Warriors
- 2001: A Space Odyssey
- Fantastic Mr. Fox
- Requiem for a Dream
- The Princess Bride
- Hard Boiled
- Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1956)
- They Live
- The Empire Strikes Back (Tippet with Wampa)
- Dirty Harry
- Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
- Blade Runner
- Raiders of the Lost Ark (Periscope Ride)
- The Godfather (Coppola & Brando)
- The Lady Eve
- 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea
- The Empire Strikes Back (Bald Vader)
- Mary Poppins
- Alien 3
- Total Recall
- The Pink Panther
- Fawlty Towers
- The Trouble With Harry
- The Shining
- An American Werewolf In London
- The Gate
- The Fly (1958)
- Army of Darkness
- Seed of Chucky
- John Carpenter’s The Thing (Bottin)
- Creature From the Black Lagoon
- Friday the 13th (1980)
- A Nightmare On Elm Street (1984)
- Night of the Living Dead (’68)
- Frankenstein Meets The Wolf Man
- Silence of the Lambs
- The Exorcist
- Alien (crouching alien)
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Oct. 21, 2010, 2:54 p.m. CST
But hated The Birds. Only film of his I didn't like, even a little. Family Plot was more entertaining. Know it's just me.
Oct. 21, 2010, 2:59 p.m. CST
I seem to recall seeing this picture before, so it may have come out of the publicity dept at some point (though it doesn't look like something that would have been used to actually promote the film). Still a great pic. Is Hitch rolling his eyes because yet another actor - in this case a bird- is asking him "What's my motivation?"
Oct. 21, 2010, 3 p.m. CST
I accidentally put my screen name for the title of my previous post. Duh...
Oct. 21, 2010, 3:03 p.m. CST
Think I may have seen this before, but it's a cool shot and makes me totally psyched for Halloween. Thanks Quint
Oct. 21, 2010, 3:06 p.m. CST
by Nasty In The Pasty
And I had to chuckle seeing Hitch's shadow being cast upon the wall when Norman Bates enter's "Mother"'s room after returning to his house.
Oct. 21, 2010, 3:07 p.m. CST
I NEED that Empire book! :)
Oct. 21, 2010, 3:09 p.m. CST
OK, for the kids: Alfred Hitchcock would introduce every show and be about to die some sort of gruesome death every week. He had a great sense of humor.
Oct. 21, 2010, 3:29 p.m. CST
Alfred Hitchcock Presents cranked up just as I was entering first grade. Even at that tender age he quickly became one of my all-time favorites, on both small and big screens. My folks were fans too, so I had the good fortune to see THE BIRDS, NORTH BY NORTHWEST, and THE MAN WHO KNEW TOO MUCH on the big screen (maybe more, too long ago to remember 'em all!) His passing was like losing a favorite uncle. I too have seen this pic before, but that's OK; there were a lot of great publicity shots from THE BIRDS and this is a great one.
Oct. 21, 2010, 3:30 p.m. CST
Oct. 21, 2010, 3:49 p.m. CST
Oct. 21, 2010, 3:56 p.m. CST
Fuck Stephen King, Fuck John Carpenter and Fuck Clive Barker. It's all about Alfred Hitchcock, man! I love Hitchcock stories! "The Birds" is a masterpiece!
Oct. 21, 2010, 3:58 p.m. CST
... that crow's carcass is probably now in Steve Martin's private collection of "Birds" memorbilia.
Oct. 21, 2010, 4:09 p.m. CST
For once CG would be a benefit, rather than a distraction.
Oct. 21, 2010, 4:20 p.m. CST
Oct. 21, 2010, 4:40 p.m. CST
and probably he has fucked all the blond stars of Hollywood.lucky old man.
Oct. 21, 2010, 4:52 p.m. CST
I'm hoping that's what the btspotd is gonna be!
Oct. 21, 2010, 5:14 p.m. CST
Oct. 21, 2010, 5:44 p.m. CST
I'm on it. Choosing between over 350 entries (some of them sending as many 25 pics per entry) is taking me some time. But I will have a winner for you folks very soon!
Oct. 21, 2010, 5:50 p.m. CST
Absolute gem. Thanks for posting it.
Oct. 21, 2010, 5:57 p.m. CST
Where is he so he can tell us all how overrated Hitchcock is?
Oct. 21, 2010, 6:10 p.m. CST
That seems a little much - and kinda unfair. I sent two myself. I chose quality over quantity.
Oct. 21, 2010, 7:03 p.m. CST
Oct. 21, 2010, 7:25 p.m. CST
Simple. Only person to come close is De Palma but of course De Palma's entire style is based on Hitchcock. He just brought it to the next logical next which is more violence & Nudity
Oct. 21, 2010, 7:28 p.m. CST
It's either a fake bird stood up with a wire or it's a real bird tied to the sill.
Oct. 21, 2010, 7:38 p.m. CST
Fuuuuuuuuuuccck. It makes "The Room" look like Citizen Kane.
Oct. 21, 2010, 7:56 p.m. CST
Oct. 21, 2010, 10:19 p.m. CST
Oct. 21, 2010, 10:31 p.m. CST
by frank cotton
can you not like THE BIRDS? i demand an explanation.
Oct. 22, 2010, 12:30 a.m. CST
I also used to read my aunt's copies of the Hitchcock magazine and all the scary stories were great. He had an anthology book I found in my middle school library and it had a great story about giant man eating snails on an island and a guy crashes his boat on this island and is immediately bitten by one of these 10 foot tall snails and he spends the rest of the story stumbling slowly away from these things until one finally, slowly catches up to him as a rescue ship arrives. Sorry, spoiler.
Oct. 22, 2010, 12:50 a.m. CST
by Tigger Tales
Oct. 22, 2010, 9:44 a.m. CST
Oct. 22, 2010, 1:45 p.m. CST
I just find them boring and sometimes silly. There are some good sequences but that's it.
Oct. 22, 2010, 4:01 p.m. CST
The Thing (1982), Nightmare on Elm Street, Creepshow, The Dark Knight..just a handful of post 1979 movies selected for Behind the Scenes Pic of the Day. It gets old when fucking morons gloss over details to make a sarcastic generalization that doesn't even turn out to be true.
Oct. 22, 2010, 4:03 p.m. CST
However, the four I just cited are all after 1980, my point still stands, and you're still a moron.
Oct. 22, 2010, 9:58 p.m. CST
Tippi Hedren can't act, and the villains are fucking birds. peace.
- Timur Bekmambetov Finds His Ben-Hur For, Well, BEN-HUR!! -- 266 total posts 266 posts
- 3rd PICKS & PEEKS of Sept 2014: Crichton Blus, THE PARTY, Bloody Entertainment, GODZILLA 3D & More!!! -- 599 total posts 185 posts
- Is DOCTOR STRANGE coming to us in July 2016?!! -- 162 total posts 162 posts
- Loki vs. King Kong in SKULL ISLAND! -- 356 total posts 81 posts
- More Details On The Upcoming And Promising ALIEN: ISOLATION Game!! 'Survivor Mode’!! -- 74 total posts 74 posts
- DESTINY ‘Raids’ Have Begun!! More Events Coming Soon!! -- 73 total posts 73 posts
- Promo Images From DOCTOR WHO S08E05 - ‘Time Heist’!! -- 175 total posts 73 posts
- Meet Bigfoot in this New Clip from EXISTS! -- 72 total posts 72 posts
- Are you ready for THE GHOST DIMENSION!?! The new PARANORMAL ACTIVITY film gets a title and a release date!! -- 62 total posts 62 posts
- A New Trailer For Robert Downey Jr’s THE JUDGE!! -- 58 total posts 58 posts