ABC Reducing V’s Second-Season Order From 13 To 10 Episodes??
I am – Hercules!!
A Deadline Hollywood source indicates that ABC will reduce the Badler-enhanced second-season of its lizard-Nazi flying saucer series from 13 to 10 episodes.
The report comes on the heels of Thursday’s news that starting Jan. 4 ABC is scheduling “V” after “No Ordinary Family” in the 9 p.m. Tuesday slot currently housing the “Dancing With The Stars” results show.
"V's" competition this winter will likely include "NCIS LA," "The Biggest Loser" and "Raising Hope."
Despite a coveted timeslot following ABC’s top hourlong, “Lost,” last season, “V’s” ratings saw a precipitous decline:
Find all of Deadline’s story on the matter here.
Follow Herc on Twitter!!
Follow Evil Herc on Twitter!!
Buffy Season Eight
Motion Comic In Blu-ray!!
112 Blu-rays Under $10!!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Oct. 19, 2010, 12:16 a.m. CST
Oct. 19, 2010, 12:18 a.m. CST
That's surprising to hear a episode reduction before the 2nd season even started. Sounds like they decided to cancel it no matter the numbers (unless it has an unlikely miracle gain).
Oct. 19, 2010, 12:36 a.m. CST
I actually like V. But it'll be canceled thanks to No Ordinary fucking Family. Goddamnit.
Oct. 19, 2010, 2:08 a.m. CST
by The McPoyle Clan
It's not exactly burning up the ratings, and the run from the initial order isn't going to carry it far beyond the beginning of the year, holiday breaks included. Unless ABC picks up the back nine, the two can't be paired for long, at least according to the current plan.
Oct. 19, 2010, 2:45 a.m. CST
that there IS a market for a classic SciFi show. The fact that they are doing everything they can to remove the Sci from the Fi is why their ratings collapsed.
Oct. 19, 2010, 4:07 a.m. CST
where the aliens are being super nice and helpful throughout, and we're expected to somehow accept them as antagonists because their leader is kind of a bitch. Oh, and there is also a rebel faction of aliens we are supposed to accept as protagonists despite having never been made to sympathize with why they're rebelling in the first place. This show is a classic example of what happens when writers don't understand the fundamentals of writing. You can't write a multi-season 'long con' with a subtly suspicious antagonist when the entire premise of the story IS the underlying motive that we are not being shown. Making invading aliens seem sinister is just about the easiest thing you can do, yet this show has somehow managed to go an entire season without providing any sense of threat. By the end of the season finale, I still felt Japanese Knotweed was a greater threat to America than these aliens.
Oct. 19, 2010, 4:11 a.m. CST
I think the fact that this sites TV columnist has "shitty dance shows for women" set as a recurring recording schedule on his Tivo is a sign that neutered house-cat husbands are just as much a part of the problem.
Oct. 19, 2010, 4:35 a.m. CST
is that Elizabeth Mitchell's character is less fleshed out here as the MAIN CHARACTER with full screen time than she was as a side-character in an ensemble show. Hell, I think I even connected more with her in her single episode of House than I do with her V character. The show is also devoid of any likable male lead. The son is a whiny emo-brat, the journalist is a wooden douchebag, and non-threatening, super-manicured, Mr. Clean lookalike black man #3754 is, surprise, dull as rocks.
Oct. 19, 2010, 7:21 a.m. CST
Yet which one got canceled?<br> <br> Makes no sense to me.<br>
Oct. 19, 2010, 7:48 a.m. CST
and the 'fifth column' is the world's most incompetent resistance movement, which seems to be about 4 people in an apartment somewhere.<p>
Oct. 19, 2010, 7:51 a.m. CST
Men have their arm twisted to watch those dance shows by the hot women on them. Some if it is terribly painful to sit through, but some of the women are almost worth sitting through it.
Oct. 19, 2010, 8:13 a.m. CST
Flashforward was cancelled and still has more fan support now than the 'V' remake ever had.
Oct. 19, 2010, 8:34 a.m. CST
I haven't watched a single show on ABC this season. They have absolutly nothing good on.
Oct. 19, 2010, 8:46 a.m. CST
Oct. 19, 2010, 10:15 a.m. CST
The writing is pretty weak. Heroes' season 2+ writing is better than this which isn't saying much. I never got into flashforward either. Something about ABC shows beside 'Castle' are very flat and uninteresting.
Oct. 19, 2010, 10:29 a.m. CST
The second half of the first season was outstanding. I hope they can keep up that momentum this time.
Oct. 19, 2010, 11:12 a.m. CST
by Booster Gold Lives
ABC just doesn't know how to handle a genre show unless it's initially disguised as something else (i.e. Lost). They think just because something plays to the Comic-Con crowd that it'll be a hit, and they can't comprehend anything subtle anymore. Granted, that's not all them, their audience tends to clamor for "reality" TV instead of something with a brain, but if you feed people shit, they get used to it and want more. And now these nimrods are trying a "Hulk" series? Give me strength.
Oct. 19, 2010, 11:14 a.m. CST
V started slow but did get better and better last season. I have never seen ABC try so hard to get rid of series. First they air 4 episodes then put it on hiatus for 4 months. Now they push it to mid-season AND reduce the eps?!?!? Why would they do that? Oh... because ABC is owned by Disney and V is produced by WB. They have no vested interest. Freaking maddening!
Oct. 19, 2010, 12:03 p.m. CST
V started slow, but the last half of that season was amazing.
Oct. 19, 2010, 3:36 p.m. CST
Not that the first half was good, but the second half was far worse. I don't even know why they're bothering. They don't even have to worry about nerd rage on this one. Just cancel it already. At this point, V is just welfare for some Hollywood exec's buddy.
Oct. 19, 2010, 6:34 p.m. CST
V is just boring!
- The Friday Docback Crawls ‘Into The Dalek’!! Reader Reaction For DOCTOR WHO S08E02 Is Here!! + HornOrSilk's 'Breaking Bubbles and Other Stories' Big Finish Audio Review, Clips, And More!! -- 389 total posts 23 posts
- Who is in consideration to take the role of Snake in the ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK remake!?! -- 644 total posts 21 posts
- A Few Promo Images From EXODUS: GODS AND KINGS Bring Ridleyish Spectacle!! -- 204 total posts 13 posts
- WALKING DEAD!! BOARDWALK EMPIRE!! AGENTS OF SHIELD!! STAR WARS REBELS!! SOUTH PARK!! NEW GIRL!! HOMELAND!! GOTHAM!! FLASH!! SURVIVOR!! RESURRECTION!! PARENTHOOD!! BURGERS!! BLACKLIST!! BANG!! VOICE!! SLEEPY!! PERSON!! UTOPIA!! ANARCHY!! Z!! More Than 200 Autumn Premiere Dates!! -- 26 total posts 9 posts
- DOCTOR WHO 8.2!! ‘Kelvington’ Reviews This Weekend’s Episode And Says He’s Not Sure He Enjoys ‘What The Show Is Becoming’!! -- 343 total posts 8 posts
- Fantastic Fest 2014 Trailer Wave Part 2! -- 15 total posts 7 posts
- Is this what Doctor Doom looks like in Josh Trank's FANTASTIC FOUR?! -- 316 total posts 7 posts
- Abortionist Killers On PBS!! HOUDINI Hits History!! Angie Returns To THE DOME!! New DALLAS, PARADISE, WOLF, WILD, MASTERCHEF, MODEL, NINJA, HOTEL, BEACH, & RAW!! PARTNERS & MISTRESSES Finales!! UNAUTHORIZED SAVED BY THE BELL STORY!! Annaleigh Ashford On CRAIG!! Herc’s Monday TV Talkback!! -- 6 total posts 6 posts
- Final PICKS & PEEKS of Aug 2014: LEGEND OF HELL HOUSE, Zombies, FOSSE, RATS, Nukes & Teens!!! -- 352 total posts 5 posts
- Will there be a change of roster in Avengers: Age of Ultron and if so, who's gonna be on it? -- 304 total posts 5 posts