Even I, The Behind the Scenes Pic of the Day, has heard the legend of a man-fish!
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here with today’s Behind the Scenes pic!
I’ve featured The Creature in a previous BtSPotD. That particular still was from Revenge of the Creature. I can’t be 100% positive, but I think today’s is from the original Creature From the Black Lagoon.
You know, I don’t know what it is about the Creature flicks, but there’s a whole lot of behind the scenes looks at the guy in the suit goofing off. The first BTS pic was of the Creature kissing a dame and this one has him dancing. At least I hope that’s what he’s doing.
So, for your October enjoyment I present to you a dancing fish-man!
If you have a pic you think should be included email me. I’m looking for the iconic, the rare or the just plain cool behind the scenes shots to feature here.
Tomorrow isn’t the Friday, but the Behind the Scenes Pic will still live up to the date.
Follow Me On Twitter
Previous Behind the Scenes pics:
- Big Trouble In Little China
- Clash of the Titans
- Dr. Strangelove
- Sesame Street
- The Birds
- The Dark Knight
- Batman (1989)
- Batman: The TV Series
- Stephen King’s IT
- Raiders of the Lost Ark
- Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
- Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
- The French Connection
- The Road Warrior
- King Kong (’33)
- The Empire Strikes Back (Luke with Slate)
- Rebel Without A Cause
- Taxi Driver
- The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
- Tommy Chong Meets The Blues Brothers
- The Empire Strikes Back (Filming the Crawl)
- John Carpenter’s The Thing
- Die Hard
- Frankenstein Meets The Wolf Man
- The Howling
- Revenge of the Creature
- The Empire Strikes Back (Vader & Luke Duel)
- The Godfather
- Rambo III
- Planet of the Apes
- Pan’s Labyrinth
- The Adventures of Robin Hood
- Marathon Man
- Young Frankenstein
- Viva Las Vegas
- The Empire Strikes Back (Han driving a snow cat)
- Rio Bravo
- Back to the Future
- The Time Machine
- War of the Worlds (1953)
- Alien (Chestburster)
- On Her Majesty’s Secret Service
- Dr. No
- The Twilight Zone
- Once Upon A Time In The West
- Lawrence of Arabia
- Star Trek: The Original Series
- The Empire Strikes Back (Luke in Wampa Cave)
- Edward Scissorhands
- The Warriors
- 2001: A Space Odyssey
- Fantastic Mr. Fox
- Requiem for a Dream
- The Princess Bride
- Hard Boiled
- Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1956)
- They Live
- The Empire Strikes Back (Tippet with Wampa)
- Dirty Harry
- Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
- Blade Runner
- Raiders of the Lost Ark (Periscope Ride)
- The Godfather (Coppola & Brando)
- The Lady Eve
- 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea
- The Empire Strikes Back (Bald Vader)
- Mary Poppins
- Alien 3
- Total Recall
- The Pink Panther
- Fawlty Towers
- The Trouble With Harry
- The Shining
- An American Werewolf In London
- The Gate
- The Fly (1958)
- Army of Darkness
- Seed of Chucky
- John Carpenter’s The Thing (Bottin)
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Oct. 12, 2010, 6:21 p.m. CST
Oct. 12, 2010, 6:22 p.m. CST
..the design of that suit is fantastic.
Oct. 12, 2010, 6:25 p.m. CST
I called it "Creature from the bottom of the swimming pool" when I was a kid.
Oct. 12, 2010, 6:28 p.m. CST
Oct. 12, 2010, 6:31 p.m. CST
nah without the ass from the first pic,this pic does not worth it.
Oct. 12, 2010, 6:40 p.m. CST
by nylon raider
Iconic as the creature design is(I've literally seen it a 1000's of times in magazines and comics for decades) I'm ashamed to say I have never seen this movie.I cant explain why-I saw every other monster B movie in existence but this movie always eluded my radar ....I am off to rectify this forthwith. The pic is a beaut' by the way.
Oct. 12, 2010, 6:48 p.m. CST
this movie set in Transylvania or something like that & it dealt with a town being terrorized my four or five "monsters", but they ended up just being people with genectic problems & deformities. I remember watching as a kid in the 80s, I also remember lots of smoke-machine usage in the movie. ANYBODY???HELP??
Oct. 12, 2010, 6:49 p.m. CST
On this evidence, it's a definite maybe.
Oct. 12, 2010, 6:51 p.m. CST
by Anything But Tangerines
Oct. 12, 2010, 6:54 p.m. CST
There's junk in theatrical and direct-to-dvd to THIS DAY that can't touch that creature design.
Oct. 12, 2010, 7:17 p.m. CST
Oct. 12, 2010, 7:21 p.m. CST
I made the wrong assessment.
Oct. 12, 2010, 7:22 p.m. CST
Oct. 12, 2010, 7:27 p.m. CST
by Mike K
...that was light and that it was not that bad.
Oct. 12, 2010, 7:30 p.m. CST
Oct. 12, 2010, 7:44 p.m. CST
I'm pretty sure that line, or something close to it, is uttered within, no? Costner = Manfish
Oct. 12, 2010, 7:57 p.m. CST
Has anyone seen one in a museum or anything. I know a lot of the stuff from that era rotted pretty fast.
Oct. 12, 2010, 8 p.m. CST
by Tigger Tales
Oct. 12, 2010, 8:05 p.m. CST
was Creature From the Black Lagoon.<br>Heady times indeed.
Oct. 12, 2010, 8:09 p.m. CST
Exit, stage left!
Oct. 12, 2010, 8:12 p.m. CST
by nolan bautista
..but that was Sharky! half-man/half-shark!
Oct. 12, 2010, 8:15 p.m. CST
by nolan bautista
..my Aurora model kit was King Kong (w/glow in the dark Kong head and glow in the dark Fay Wray)..heady times indeed,indeed!
Oct. 12, 2010, 8:17 p.m. CST
Any juicy details on that stalled (and ultimatley cancelled) production. I would have loved to see Carpenter tackle this in his prime<P>Speaking of projects that never were, are you still planing on doing a feature that would delve into projects that could have been?
Oct. 12, 2010, 8:29 p.m. CST
I believe you're thinking of the film "The Monster Squad." At least that is what comes to mind from your description.
Oct. 12, 2010, 8:38 p.m. CST
Yes, it is Transylvania 6-5000!! Awesome! & thanks anyway JFilm. heres the descript from Wiki "Transylvania 6-5000 (1985) is a movie about two tabloid reporters who travel to modern-day Transylvania to uncover the truth behind Frankenstein sightings. Along the way, they encounter other horror movie staples — a mummy, a werewolf, a vampire — each with a twist". And it stars Goldblum & Ed Begley Jr.
Oct. 12, 2010, 8:43 p.m. CST
Now, if youre blue<br> And you dont know where to go to<br> Why dont you go where fashion sits<br> Puttin on the ritz!
Oct. 12, 2010, 9:11 p.m. CST
by Nasty In The Pasty
Oct. 12, 2010, 9:26 p.m. CST
by frank cotton
suprised this hasn't been remade multiple times
Oct. 12, 2010, 9:35 p.m. CST
I am super serial! this movie scared the crap outta me as a kid watching the saturday afternoon Creature Feature. great pic Quint -
Oct. 12, 2010, 10:41 p.m. CST
But this is cool too. One of the best creature designs ever.
Oct. 12, 2010, 11 p.m. CST
Oct. 12, 2010, 11:48 p.m. CST
I like how that real Goomba looking guy in the background of the pic is like "What the fuck is dis guy doing?!?" Ha Ha Classic!!
Oct. 13, 2010, 12:03 a.m. CST
And it looks friggin great. Also got me a full size bust of the creature mask in my office, as well a statue of the creature swimming. As an avid freediver and spearfisherman in the Pacific NW, I love the Creature. If only I could get some gills....
Oct. 13, 2010, 1:11 a.m. CST
Oct. 13, 2010, 1:49 a.m. CST
I mean that's what I would do.
Oct. 13, 2010, 2:51 a.m. CST
The man in the suit (man in the suit, etc) is still working today at 80. Saw his name in the credits of Boardwalk Empire as marine co-ordinator. That's pretty darn cool, still top of his game late in life.
Oct. 13, 2010, 3:45 a.m. CST
And when I shit, it smells just like tuna.
Oct. 13, 2010, 6:58 a.m. CST
Similar to this pic: http://briansbelly.com/halloffame/images/gleason_andawaywego.jpg
Oct. 13, 2010, 8:35 a.m. CST
Oct. 13, 2010, 8:40 a.m. CST
by Cletus Van Damme
...but yeah, it's a Gleason impersonation.
Oct. 13, 2010, 9:28 a.m. CST
Oct. 13, 2010, 11:29 a.m. CST
and he will eat for a day. Turn a man into a fish and he will eat for a lifetime.
Oct. 13, 2010, 12:01 p.m. CST
Hadn't thought about the 'puss for a long time!
Oct. 13, 2010, 3:14 p.m. CST
wanted to grab some azz.
Oct. 13, 2010, 3:21 p.m. CST
Rumor has it that James Arness or his brother Peter Graves prior to their long running TV programs; Gunsmoke and Mission Impossible, respectively.
- Filed under "you're damn right it's 2014," Kevin Smith to direct Johnny Depp in YOGA HOSERS!! -- 244 total posts 54 posts
- Trailer for New Stephen King Thriller, A GOOD MARRIAGE! -- 36 total posts 28 posts
- Here’s Our First Official Image From The ANT-MAN Movie!! -- 290 total posts 18 posts
- August Picks & Peeks 2014 Catch Up: DePalma, Jarmusch, Corman, Cuaron, Arau, Cosmotos, Brass, Huston + more! -- 16 total posts 16 posts
- SHERLOCK’s Benedict Cumberbatch To Play Another Khan In Warner Bros’ JUNGLE BOOK Movie!! -- 102 total posts 13 posts
- The OLYMPUS HAS FALLEN sequel, LONDON HAS FALLEN gets a director and rumored synopsis! -- 178 total posts 10 posts
- Check Out the International Poster for HORNS! -- 35 total posts 9 posts
- Edgar Wright and Simon Pegg to Re-Team on New Film! -- 92 total posts 9 posts
- Drew McWeeny Drops By For The Latest Episode Of "Fire Talk With Me"! Blu-ray Contest Winner Announced! -- 25 total posts 8 posts
- A Tuesday MiniDocback Brings DOCTOR WHO S8 Promo Images, Moffat's MicroSynopses For S8 Eps, A Look At The New York & Mexican Premieres Of ‘Deep Breath’, And More!! -- 21 total posts 8 posts