Screenwriter Richard Price Of THE WIRE, MAD DOG, SEA OF LOVE, SHAFT & RANSOM Fame Developing CBS Crime Drama!!
I am – Hercules
Novelist-screenwriter Richard Price, author of many an episode of “The Wire,” has sold a new pilot script to CBS.
Price’s association with “The Wire” not enough to get you excited about this?
Some of the big-screen projects Price has written:
The Color of Money
New York Stories
Sea of Love
Night and the City
Mad Dog and Glory
Kiss of Death
(I know a lot of moviegoers ignored “Mad Dog” and “Kiss of Death” when they hit cinemas, but HOT DANG those were fine motion pictures!)
Price's proposed series is titled "Rookies" and deals with newbie cops working bad neighborhoods.
The bad news is CBS lately has a way of common-denominatoring great writers and getting them to crank out their least-distinguished work. Witness David Mamet’s “The Unit” or the Tom Selleck vehicle “Blue Bloods,” which has a pair of key “Northern Exposure”-“Sopranos” vets writing it.
Find Deadline’s stories on the matter here.
Follow Herc on Twitter!!
Follow Evil Herc on Twitter!!
On Sale Today!!
119 Blu-rays Under $10!!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Oct. 12, 2010, 7:29 p.m. CST
Why not? No-one else did.
Oct. 12, 2010, 7:47 p.m. CST
Like all CBS shows are. If this was going to be on HBO or FX I would get excited for it; but no other channel is going to take a chance on a crime show that is not easily viewed procedural fluff.
Oct. 12, 2010, 9 p.m. CST
by SID 8.0
One of the best shows CBS ever had.
Oct. 12, 2010, 9:32 p.m. CST
Oct. 12, 2010, 9:39 p.m. CST
But was it as good as "The Bear" or "The Untouchables" or "Glengarry Glen Ross" or "Spartan"?
Oct. 12, 2010, 11:06 p.m. CST
by Nemesis Enforcer
it is crime dramas...
Oct. 13, 2010, 1:51 a.m. CST
Does he have club hands or some similar defect? around the time the Clockers novel came out, there was a piece on him in Details mag about how he researched the novel by going off with cops on patrols. The interviewer talked to one cop and all I remember is the cop saying "Richard Price? oh, you mean that dude with the deformed hand?" OR something along thsoe lines, It's been a long time since I read that interview.
Oct. 13, 2010, 5:47 a.m. CST
by SID 8.0
from Spartan. Which along with The Untouchables are my personal favorites.
Oct. 13, 2010, 5:50 a.m. CST
by SID 8.0
to say saving the President or taking down terrorists on airliner in flight. I still miss that show.
Oct. 13, 2010, 9:46 a.m. CST
or as it's otherwise known, EVERY SHOW ON CBS.
- JJ Abrams reveals a rusted out, beat up awesome looking X-Wing in new video! -- 465 total posts 79 posts
- Idris Elba to play one of Guy Ritchie's KNIGHTS OF THE ROUNDTABLE! -- 240 total posts 62 posts
- For your viewing pleasure, a 5-minute clip of Star Lord and his GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY! -- 195 total posts 50 posts
- Could This Be The (Barebones) Plot Of STAR WARS EPISODE VII?! SPOILERS! -- 1491 total posts 48 posts
- 4th Week of July 2014 PICKS & PEEKS: Werewolves, BLUE RUIN, Nordic Noir, ALL CHEERLEADERS DIE + more! -- 40 total posts 40 posts
- Universal Taps Alex Kurtzman And Chris Morgan To Reboot The Studio's Classic Monsters! -- 729 total posts 38 posts
Only Seven Episodes
Of LOUIE Next Year!! -- 40 total posts 30 posts
Longest. Marathon. Ever.
FXX To Air All 25 Years Of THE SIMPSONS Over 12 Days Starting Aug. 21!! -- 56 total posts 23 posts
- Look Upon JURASSIC WORLD’s Comic Con Exclusive Poster!! -- 165 total posts 20 posts
- Jake Gyllenhaal Sells Himself In Viral Teaser For Dan Gilroy's NIGHTCRAWLER! -- 57 total posts 16 posts