Screenwriter Richard Price Of THE WIRE, MAD DOG, SEA OF LOVE, SHAFT & RANSOM Fame Developing CBS Crime Drama!!
I am – Hercules
Novelist-screenwriter Richard Price, author of many an episode of “The Wire,” has sold a new pilot script to CBS.
Price’s association with “The Wire” not enough to get you excited about this?
Some of the big-screen projects Price has written:
The Color of Money
New York Stories
Sea of Love
Night and the City
Mad Dog and Glory
Kiss of Death
(I know a lot of moviegoers ignored “Mad Dog” and “Kiss of Death” when they hit cinemas, but HOT DANG those were fine motion pictures!)
Price's proposed series is titled "Rookies" and deals with newbie cops working bad neighborhoods.
The bad news is CBS lately has a way of common-denominatoring great writers and getting them to crank out their least-distinguished work. Witness David Mamet’s “The Unit” or the Tom Selleck vehicle “Blue Bloods,” which has a pair of key “Northern Exposure”-“Sopranos” vets writing it.
Find Deadline’s stories on the matter here.
Follow Herc on Twitter!!
Follow Evil Herc on Twitter!!
On Sale Today!!
119 Blu-rays Under $10!!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Oct. 12, 2010, 7:29 p.m. CST
Why not? No-one else did.
Oct. 12, 2010, 7:47 p.m. CST
Like all CBS shows are. If this was going to be on HBO or FX I would get excited for it; but no other channel is going to take a chance on a crime show that is not easily viewed procedural fluff.
Oct. 12, 2010, 9 p.m. CST
by SID 8.0
One of the best shows CBS ever had.
Oct. 12, 2010, 9:32 p.m. CST
Oct. 12, 2010, 9:39 p.m. CST
But was it as good as "The Bear" or "The Untouchables" or "Glengarry Glen Ross" or "Spartan"?
Oct. 12, 2010, 11:06 p.m. CST
by Nemesis Enforcer
it is crime dramas...
Oct. 13, 2010, 1:51 a.m. CST
Does he have club hands or some similar defect? around the time the Clockers novel came out, there was a piece on him in Details mag about how he researched the novel by going off with cops on patrols. The interviewer talked to one cop and all I remember is the cop saying "Richard Price? oh, you mean that dude with the deformed hand?" OR something along thsoe lines, It's been a long time since I read that interview.
Oct. 13, 2010, 5:47 a.m. CST
by SID 8.0
from Spartan. Which along with The Untouchables are my personal favorites.
Oct. 13, 2010, 5:50 a.m. CST
by SID 8.0
to say saving the President or taking down terrorists on airliner in flight. I still miss that show.
Oct. 13, 2010, 9:46 a.m. CST
or as it's otherwise known, EVERY SHOW ON CBS.
- Check out this MASSIVE new HOBBIT: BATTLE OF THE FIVE ARMIES banner!! -- 196 total posts 41 posts
- Hold off, Aaron Cross: Matt Damon's back as Jason Bourne! -- 153 total posts 39 posts
- SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE Hires 20-Year-Old Cast Member!! -- 56 total posts 25 posts
- Here come a remake that will really make you feel old - Sony is fast tracking a remake to I KNOW WHAT YOU DID LAST SUMMER! -- 107 total posts 23 posts
- Copernicus is really pissed about the Stephen Hawking biopic THE THEORY OF EVERYTHING that he saw at TIFF -- 130 total posts 20 posts
- Scott Glenn Joins Charlie Cox, Vincent D’Onofrio, Rosario Dawson, Elden Henson and Deborah Ann Woll For Netflix’s DAREDEVIL Series!! -- 59 total posts 16 posts
- Looks like they got the right Mann to play Audrey Griswald in the VACATION update! -- 97 total posts 15 posts
- The New Trailer For THE HUNGER GAMES: MOCKINGJAY PART 1 Hints That The Movie Is Freakin’ Huge!! -- 266 total posts 13 posts
- New Poster for V/H/S: VIRAL!!! -- 27 total posts 10 posts
- Adam Wingard and Simon Barrett to take on I SAW THE DEVIL REMAKE!!!!!!!! -- 51 total posts 7 posts