HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON:
Plus One Created
By Jonah Hill!!
I am – Hercules
Animated series based on hit movies are on the way.
* The Cartoon Network has ordered to series “How To Train Your Dragon,” based on the hit 2010 big-screen adventure about a Viking lad and his winged mount.
* Fox has ordered six episodes of “Napoleon Dynamite” with Jon Heder and other cast members from the 2004 movie voicing their characters. Jared and Jerusha Hess, who scripted the movie, are writing and producing the TV version with longtime “Simpsons” writer-produer Mike Scully.
* In addition, Jonah Hill joins Seth Rogen (“Knocked Up”) and Jason Segal (“Forgetting Sarah Marshall”) as the latest Judd Apatow player to write his own starring vehicle. Fox has ordered seven episodes of Hill’s “Allen Gregory,” about the world’s most celebrated 7-year-old, who suddenly finds himself attending a regular elementary school. Andrew Mogel and Jarrad Paul (“Yes Men”) scripted with Hill.
Find Deadline’s stories on the matter here and here.
Follow Herc on Twitter!!
Follow Evil Herc on Twitter!!
When Anakin & Vader
Were Two Different Guys!!
114 Blu-rays Under $10!!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Oct. 12, 2010, 2:23 p.m. CST
Oct. 12, 2010, 2:42 p.m. CST
We're at the point we're taking six year old movies and making them into cartoons? FUCK THIS! I QUIT! TV deserves to die.
Oct. 12, 2010, 2:47 p.m. CST
and boy was it shit
Oct. 12, 2010, 2:54 p.m. CST
Oct. 12, 2010, 2:58 p.m. CST
Does this mean no sequel to the movie?
Oct. 12, 2010, 3:13 p.m. CST
Seriously, is this the first work Jon Heder has had since Ashton Kutcher Punk'd him? I would have preferred a longer hiatus from him..
Oct. 12, 2010, 3:16 p.m. CST
How many movies do feedback members remember surviving into a TV series? I remember one or two, but not any good ones.
Oct. 12, 2010, 3:20 p.m. CST
by Prof. Pop-Cult
Is there really an interest by the public for this? There would probably be more interest in a Big Lebowski animated series. (Though they should not do one.)
Oct. 12, 2010, 3:34 p.m. CST
was not a funny movie. I really truly do not get the appeal that this had with some people. It was the anti-funny comedy. I'll give the show 3 episodes before it's yanked.
Oct. 12, 2010, 3:42 p.m. CST
by Dapper Swindler
Napoleon Dynamite was a film paced like a series. But I know a lot of people hated it so I expect to read as much over and over again in this talkback.
Oct. 12, 2010, 3:51 p.m. CST
I thought it was going to be an actual series, to which I would have thoroughly supported.
Oct. 12, 2010, 4:08 p.m. CST
Oct. 12, 2010, 4:28 p.m. CST
Will fit in quite nicely here.
Oct. 12, 2010, 4:28 p.m. CST
Oct. 12, 2010, 4:30 p.m. CST
jonah hill as harry
Oct. 12, 2010, 4:44 p.m. CST
way too late
Oct. 12, 2010, 4:45 p.m. CST
by Tigger Tales
Oct. 12, 2010, 4:46 p.m. CST
by Tigger Tales
Oct. 12, 2010, 5:26 p.m. CST
Hopefully one of these FOX shows will replace "The Cleveland Show."
Oct. 12, 2010, 5:51 p.m. CST
...instead of trying to develop the similar, but inferior, Napoleon into a movie. They even tried to rip off Mike Judge with the animation style
Oct. 12, 2010, 6:04 p.m. CST
Wasn't it called Buffy the Vampire Slayer or something. Seems like it tanked.
Oct. 12, 2010, 7:27 p.m. CST
but alas its not going to happen
Oct. 12, 2010, 8:09 p.m. CST
Just off the top of my head, heres a list of successfull TV shows that were movies first: - 1) M*A*S*H 2) The Odd Couple 3) Stargate 4) Buffy the Vampire Slayer 5) Friday Night Lights - I personally also enjoyed 'Starman','Gidget','The Love Bug', 'Private Benjamin', 'Weird Science' 'Teen Wolf - The Animated Series', and 'The Real Ghostbusters'.
Oct. 12, 2010, 8:30 p.m. CST
Not just a play on words, an actually fact, Jack! Dyno-Mite! Dyno-Mite! http://www.cinema-suicide.com/2010/09/29/black-dynamite-comic-animated-series-preview/
Oct. 12, 2010, 8:40 p.m. CST
Oct. 12, 2010, 8:41 p.m. CST
Oct. 12, 2010, 8:42 p.m. CST
Oct. 12, 2010, 8:48 p.m. CST
Oct. 12, 2010, 9:09 p.m. CST
by Nasty In The Pasty
At least three big screen sequels to each, an animated TV series, and "holiday" specials out the wazoo, until we forget just how good the first film in each series was. Bah...
Oct. 12, 2010, 9:16 p.m. CST
Oct. 13, 2010, 3:56 a.m. CST
Except for the fact that Ellen Page doesn't shave her pussy.
Oct. 13, 2010, 8:14 a.m. CST
Bella, Edward and Jacob in Jr. High... and of course they have a rockin' band and end each episode with an uplifting message for the kiddies.
Oct. 13, 2010, 8:37 a.m. CST
MASH Buffy the Vampire Slayer Clone Wars Real Ghostbusters Highlander Stargate La Femme Nikita Friday Night Lights Fame Granted, the ratio favors suck.
Oct. 13, 2010, 8:38 a.m. CST
I forgot this board doesn't recognize carriage returns
Oct. 13, 2010, 8:39 a.m. CST
Oct. 13, 2010, 9:30 a.m. CST
Oct. 13, 2010, 9:32 a.m. CST
Oct. 13, 2010, 11:15 a.m. CST
It's Cartoon Network! I highly doubt that a kid's show on a cablenetwork is going to put the kibosh on a successful movie franchise. It's been done before: Star Wars (Droids and Ewoks series) came back, so did Toy Story (Galaxy Rangers). Indy Survived Young Indy (too bad).
Oct. 13, 2010, 11:40 a.m. CST
Oct. 13, 2010, 3:16 p.m. CST
Someone asked earlier why people foudn Napoleon Dynamite funny. I know for me, being from a flyover town eerily similiar to wherever Napoleon was...it pointed out all of those things that appeared normal when i was younger and completely showed us how ridiculously mundane they were. Case in point the chicken egg scene. Seemed normal back then but in watching in through a cinematic lense you realize how batshit it really was..and then you laugh. Or at least thats why i thought it was funny.
Oct. 13, 2010, 4:42 p.m. CST
The Hess's, Heder et al figured out they were really just a one hit wonder, and now have to resort to rehasing on TV.. I suppose this is a better option than Napoleon Dynamite 2, Utah Boogaloo.
Oct. 13, 2010, 9:07 p.m. CST
by Nasty In The Pasty
Damn lack of an edit button...
Oct. 13, 2010, 9:38 p.m. CST
...this is pretty much the worst news ever written.
- That rumor about Sony selling SPIDER-MAN? Don't you believe it for a second! -- 423 total posts 247 posts
- Holy Crossover!! Magneto’s Boy Quicksilver To Speed About In Whedon’s AVENGERS 2 And Singer’s X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST?? -- 210 total posts 210 posts
- Papa Vinyard thinks that HANGOVER: PART III was a paycheck grab for a buncha people who are already rich!! -- 174 total posts 174 posts
- The METALLICA THROUGH THE NEVER Teaser! -- 184 total posts 118 posts
- New MAN OF STEEL trailer makes me happy that Superman has severe red eye!!! -- 786 total posts 114 posts
- Next on the Reboot assemblyline? TIMECOP!! -- 141 total posts 97 posts
- Sandler, Piss, Barf, And Hayek Grace The New GROWN UPS 2 Trailer!! -- 93 total posts 93 posts
- Green-Band and Red-Band trailers for the new Jason Sudeikis & Jennifer Aniston VACATION ripoff, WE'RE THE MILLERS are here!! -- 91 total posts 91 posts
- Seems Coppola Is Gearing Up For A New Italian-American Epic!? -- 86 total posts 86 posts
- We have some new details on the POLTERGEIST remake/reboot/sequel!! -- 206 total posts 56 posts