UPDATED WITH WINNERS!!
THE WALKING DEAD:
The Drew Struzan Poster!!
Herc’s Monday Giveaway II!!
This contest is over! Provisional congrats to @MonkeyandApple and @JayPCarlson!!
I am – Hercules!!
In celebration of my first decade manning Ain’t It Cool’s TV desk, we are giving away stuff like it’s going out of style!
All you have to do:
1) “Follow” me on Twitter.
2) Monitor my Twitter account on Monday, Sept. 13. At some point during this window I will post a question on that Twitter account. Two of the first readers to correctly answer this question via Twitter will win The Official Drew Struzan poster for “The Walking Dead,” AMC’s Frank Darabont zombie series launching Oct. 31.
IMPORTANT!! The question will begin with “WDQ.”
IMPORTANT!! Your Twittered answer MUST begin with @hercAICN. Don’t screw this up!
IMPORTANT!! This contest is available only to residents of the 48 United States not called Alaska and Hawaii.
IMPORTANT!! If Herc provisionally declares you a winner, immediately forward your shipping address and phone number to herculesAICN@yahoo.com. If you fail to do so within 24 hours, Herc will assign the prize to another.
Even if you’re a giant loser today, look for more supercool prizing in the coming days and weeks!
This post will be updated after the winner wins.
Follow “Walking Dead” on Facebook!
Follow “Walking Dead” on Twitter!
Follow Herc on Twitter!!
Follow Evil Herc on Twitter!!
148 Blu-rays Under $10!!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Sept. 13, 2010, 2:43 a.m. CST
if you don't have a Twitter account, you can't play. don't cry about it. if you don't have the internet you can't see this site. it's all a matter of how interconnected you want to be.<p>but I'm sure this won't stop people from complaining.
Sept. 13, 2010, 3:04 a.m. CST
I know theres no way im winning. Even if Im the first to answer the question (that happened before).
Sept. 13, 2010, 4:33 a.m. CST
Nice. Not interested in Twitter at all so I won't win, but still nice poster.
Sept. 13, 2010, 6:57 a.m. CST
Way to lead from the front.
Sept. 13, 2010, 7:47 a.m. CST
I thought STruzan called it quits after Hellboy?
Sept. 13, 2010, 8:22 a.m. CST
it's been 10 years!?!?
Sept. 13, 2010, 8:48 a.m. CST
I guess Herc calculated what it would cost to ship a poster to the last frontier or the Aloha state, and decided he didn't want to risk it.
Sept. 13, 2010, 9:33 a.m. CST
...but not enough to create a Twitter account.
Sept. 13, 2010, 10:06 a.m. CST
So just to be clear...you're defending the practice of enticing people to join the droning masses in whatever current social networking fad is on the go? If you've somehow convinced yourself that Twitter is somehow elevated above ChiaPets and Pet Rocks, all you need to do to ground yourself back to reality is to compare the following two phrases: <br><br>"You're still using Facebook? that was SOOO last year!"<br><br>"You've still got a Tamagotchi? That was SOOO last year!"<br><br>Just because something is in a digital flavor doesn`t mean it`s not a fad. I hate to say it, but you`re wearing the Internet version of a Chip & Pepper shirt with Doc Martens.
Sept. 13, 2010, 10:13 a.m. CST
I would HATE who I became if I ever found myself believing that anyone in the fucking world cares about what random thing I`m doing at any point in the day. Twitter is by far the worst of all the social networking fads. At least the previous ones were about helping to re-connect with people you`ve lost contact with. Twitter is just about narcissistic dipshits stroking their egos.
Sept. 13, 2010, 10:54 a.m. CST
Can I update my Twitter form my beeper? <P>
Sept. 13, 2010, 11:36 a.m. CST
A few of my friends ask me why I don't have a Twitter account. I tell them that they shouldn't give a fuck about what I'm doing unless I'm aiming a rifle at them. Hell man, you want to know what's up? Call me!
Sept. 13, 2010, 12:02 p.m. CST
Check out walkingdeadcast.com for another chance to win this poster. In our contest, whoever makes the best zombie sound wins.
Sept. 13, 2010, 12:42 p.m. CST
I don't believe twitter is as selfish as all that. You don't even have to update your status at all if you don't feel like it - however, you can read up to the minute breaking news, reviews, recaps & reactions to whatever you personally are interested in. Just because some may use it narcissisticly or as a promo, it doesn't mean it's not a good information tool. <p> Besides, as entertainment value goes, sometimes I feel like seeing pictures of Simon Pegg's dog, Minnie.
Sept. 13, 2010, 1:36 p.m. CST
Why are Alaska and Hawaii excluded from the poster contest?
Sept. 13, 2010, 5:10 p.m. CST
by Akira Cowabunga
It's nothing but a tool of raving narcissists who think people want to know what the fuck they're doing every minute of the day. Nobody is that fucking interesting. Only a bunch of goddamned losers with no lives follow twitter accounts.
Sept. 13, 2010, 6:44 p.m. CST
That's called a RSS feed. Twitter is most definitely damaged ego putty.
Sept. 13, 2010, 7:26 p.m. CST
For like a month now, I've been constantly monitoring your damn Twitter, hoping to win one of these fucking contests, and the minute, the MINUTE I turn my head, get up to piss or deal with my six year old, you finally fucking post. How about a more accurate timeframe, assbag?
Sept. 13, 2010, 8:08 p.m. CST
I do that too.
Sept. 14, 2010, 8:03 p.m. CST
not everyone who is on Twitter is some teenage girl sending messages about every boring thing they do. some people use it as a legitimate way to get updates from sites or important people that they are interested in. <p>saying it's like pet rocks or chia pets is pretty short sighted. the world is becoming more digital and more interconnected. if you think that's a bad thing, fine. that's a perfectly valid opinion. but Twitter is too often an easy scapegoat. it's just a platform for online communication, it can be used for cool stuff, or for nonsense. just like EVERYTHING ON THE INTERNET.<p>as for Facebook, well, it just became the most used sit on the internet, surpassing Google. it's not just a fad, it's changing the way we communicate, the way we advertise and promote, the way we promote ourselves.<p>again, if you don't like all this stuff, and you wish we could just stay in the 90's, that's fine. I completely respect that opinion (hey, my dad feels the same way...I mean, he's 62, but still). but if you just want to lump everything in together because it's cool to be anti-anything that's popular...I say boo to you.
- Cyborg is confirmed to appear in BATMAN VS. SUPERMAN, and we know who's going to play him! -- 245 total posts 8 posts
- UPDATED (17:15) with image of the cast in character! Meet Jon M. Chu's JEM AND THE HOLOGRAMS!! -- 94 total posts 2 posts
- 100 Lucky Ones will see AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 here in Austin on April 30th! -- 455 total posts 2 posts
- The Trailer For JESSABELLE! -- 24 total posts 2 posts
- Here's A Trailer For AS ABOVE SO BELOW!! Freaky Madness In The Catacombs Of Paris!! -- 29 total posts 1 post
- Clark Gregg navigates the world of Hollywood child actors with Sam Rockwell, Allison Janney, and William H. Macy in this TRUST ME trailer! -- 22 total posts 1 post
- SWEEPS DAY ONE!! Tammy 2 On The PARKS AND RECREATION Finale!! The Premieres Of BAD TEACHER And BLACK BOX!! New PORTLANDIA, ELEMENTARY, VIKINGS, BANG, HALF, MILLERS, CRAZY, KITCHEN, IDOL, JACK, GREY’S, VAMPIRE, REIGN, ANGER!! Sarah Hyland On LETTERMAN!! Gary Gulman On SETH!! SNL Digital Shorts!! Herc's Thursday TV Talkback!! -- 9 total posts 1 post
- THE HOBBIT: THERE AND BACK AGAIN Is Now Called... -- 217 total posts 1 post
- They're going to have to look for another MIDNIGHT RIDER, because after that tragedy, William Hurt ain't stickin' around! -- 79 total posts 1 post
- Behold The Greatness Of IMAX's GODZILLA Poster!! -- 132 total posts 1 post