AIR!! LOCKER!! SERIOUS!! RETREAT!! SUMMER!! EMBRACE!! DAD!! WILD!! SHERLOCK!! September Movie Premieres!!
I am – Hercules!!
These movies may be new to cable in September. Scores from the top critics at Rotten Tomatoes and Metacritic are added to help sort out movies viewers might be keen to pursue. The titles are arranged chronologically by cable premiere date to make it most useful to people with DVRs:
THE BOYS ARE BACK
CALL OF THE WILD
(500) DAYS OF SUMMER
EL NIDO VACIO
A PERFECT GETAWAY
WORLD’S GREATEST DAD
DID YOU HEAR ABOUT THE MORGANS?
WHERE THE WILD THINGS ARE
A SERIOUS MAN
BOONDOCK SAINTS II
CIRQUE DU FREAK: THE VAMPIRE’S ASSISTANT
THE HURT LOCKER
UP IN THE AIR
Find the list of August premieres here.
Find the list of July premieres here.
Find the list of June premieres here.
Find the list of May premieres here.
Find the list of April premieres here.
Find the list of March premieres here.
Find the list of February premieres here.
Follow Herc on Twitter!!
Follow Evil Herc on Twitter!!
2 In Blu!!
3 In Blu!!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Aug. 31, 2010, 1:56 a.m. CST
Aug. 31, 2010, 2:04 a.m. CST
I thought Whiteout was going to be an entirely different type of film than it actually was (if you've seen the trailer and the movie, you know what I mean). I was so disappointed by that film. But I have to say that I can't quite agree that it was the worst. It was just not what I thought it would be and, even after coming to terms with that, it was just limp in its delivery.
Aug. 31, 2010, 3:43 a.m. CST
Do you do any research for this thing? I've personally watched 7 of these movies on cable several weeks ago. Fired Up and Jennifer's Body? Those movies are from 2009, they've been on cable for MONTHS.
Aug. 31, 2010, 4 a.m. CST
You list movies that have already been playing yet DON'T mention the actual real, bonafide, first time ever on cable, September premieres of Sherlock Holmes, The Vampire's Assistant, Ninja Assassin, Did You Hear About the Morgans, Dear John, Armored and Everybody's Fine.
Aug. 31, 2010, 8:09 a.m. CST
It never made sense to me when they'd wait a full year and then another six months to air some movie they had the rights to. I know thats not really where the competition is at anymore, but still, it always seemed like a dumb programming decision.
Aug. 31, 2010, 3:15 p.m. CST
It's a small, simple movie, but I thought it was really cool how it did a crime story in such a specific, unusual setting. Of course, I also saw this trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TEk0GI5VDM which I thought was accurate to the material. Many people saw THIS trailer instead, though: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ev9cIe4FFY and that trailer makes you think you're getting some kinda damned supernatural thriller with fucking aliens or some shit.
Aug. 31, 2010, 3:37 p.m. CST
HBO/Cinemax is showing several of the ones you're attributing to them already. I like the idea of this column in theory (no, I don't have netflix), in practice I think it needs a little tuneup... ;)
Aug. 31, 2010, 5 p.m. CST
by Adelai Niska
ALL CAPS!!!!! EXCLAMATIONS!!!UNREADABLE!!!!
Aug. 31, 2010, 5:56 p.m. CST
by I am_NOTREAL
that I tried to watch "Boondock Saints" (the first one) and nearly vomited from the sheer stupidity of it. What a piece of crap, I can't believe anyone--ANYONE--not directly related to the director has anything but disdain for it. Seriously, that movie is shit.
Aug. 31, 2010, 8:19 p.m. CST
those are the duplicates you talk about, I enjoy this column though....EYE SEE YOU IS THE SAME FILM AS WHITEOUT, Kris Kristofferson is in both of them, and they both were tUrrible
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 109 total posts 84 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 82 total posts 38 posts
- Does This X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST International Poster Get you X-Cited?? -- 551 total posts 28 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 162 total posts 19 posts
- Watch the Opening 3 Minutes of Joss Whedon's IN YOUR EYES! -- 171 total posts 14 posts
- Two Images From Michael Fassbender’s MACBETH Movie!! -- 99 total posts 9 posts
- ‘There Is Only One Hell!!’ Stannis, Davos, Melissandre, Varys, Bran, Hodor, Reek And The Bastard Of Bolton Return For Tonight’s Big Second GAME OF THRONES Of 2014!! -- 353 total posts 6 posts
- Check Out Thomas Haden Church in this Trailer for WHITEWASH! -- 61 total posts 5 posts
- So, what's Steven Spielberg's slate looking like these days? -- 187 total posts 3 posts
- Nordling Reviews TRANSCENDENCE! -- 206 total posts 3 posts