Gemma Arterton is a writer's muse, don't we wish, in Stephen Frears' TAMARA DREWE
Hey folks, Harry here and here's a film I've been looking forward to, since I first chatted with Gemma Arterton about it last year. Gemma playing a muse feels right. When she came into the hotel bar to sit and talk with me, she commanded attention. Her opening line about, "Feeling a bit slutty today," as she had those crazy slashed up levis and she was dodging about avoiding rats with cameras upon the streets of London. And while I haven't been particularly fond of CLASH OF THE TITANS or PRINCE OF PERSIA... I did see her as a bright indication of life, in otherwise sleepwalking films. But hook her up with Stephen Frears? Put her with this older cast and make her the object of desire for everyone? Yeah - I can see that working. As we talked, the energy with which she spoke about this project, in contrast to the FX spectaculars she had been attached to was easily caught. She bounced in her seat talking about how excited it was going to be, to play with Frears and the rest of the cast. Take a look at this trailer and tell me this doesn't look like her best work is coming October 8th... Click Here for TAMARA DREWE
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Aug. 26, 2010, 8:45 p.m. CST
by James Westfall
Aug. 26, 2010, 8:49 p.m. CST
Aug. 26, 2010, 8:54 p.m. CST
Aug. 26, 2010, 8:55 p.m. CST
she has a very unique, inspiring face.
Aug. 26, 2010, 9:04 p.m. CST
--------- http://www.jorer.com ---------- JORER Inc. We are the best online dealer.about all kinds of Nike shox . http://is.gd/e8AUl run retailing and wholesale trade wordwidely for years. Free Shipping And Customs,Super Sale Off Retailing,With 1Week Delivery to your door.
Aug. 26, 2010, 9:22 p.m. CST
Aug. 26, 2010, 9:24 p.m. CST
Seeing da butt, You KNOW you wanted to
Aug. 26, 2010, 9:46 p.m. CST
And she not attractive.
Aug. 26, 2010, 9:48 p.m. CST
It's funny when a flip-flop with socks wear nerd here says "Oh she's not attractive".
Aug. 26, 2010, 10:24 p.m. CST
Aug. 26, 2010, 10:43 p.m. CST
hear that Gemma?
Aug. 26, 2010, 11:03 p.m. CST
by Voice O. Reason
Man was I disappointed when I watched that trailer.
Aug. 26, 2010, 11:05 p.m. CST
But who the hell wants to watch a movie about a bunch of writers (anyone who has ever hung around them knows that male writers are always on the make) trying to lay some broad? And then hilarity ensued. I doubt it.
Aug. 26, 2010, 11:06 p.m. CST
I just thought I'd drop that one subtly in, albeit slightly off topic.
Aug. 26, 2010, 11:19 p.m. CST
wtf are sony pictures classic trying to make idiots think this was adapted from a graphic novel or some shit?
Aug. 26, 2010, 11:24 p.m. CST
What an ass in those shorts!! Dude, I've been hot on her since I watched one of her interviews on YouTube.
Aug. 27, 2010, 12:13 a.m. CST
by Horace Cox
I'd give her 24 hours to get off my face.
Aug. 27, 2010, 12:28 a.m. CST
Gemma Arterton is pretty nice. She looked good as Strawberry Fields and was the only good thing about that crappy Clash of the Titans. Gemma Atkinson however, is amazing. Great shorts on Arterton though. Zowee!
Aug. 27, 2010, 3:15 a.m. CST
...I'm going to be the weird bloke who says Gemma Arterton has got the cutest little nose he's ever seen on a grown woman.
Aug. 27, 2010, 3:19 a.m. CST
Aug. 27, 2010, 3:53 a.m. CST
Because it's adapted from a long-running UK comic strip that's, in turn, inspired by FAR FROM THE MADDING CROWD.
Aug. 27, 2010, 3:56 a.m. CST
http://bit.ly/cKT0tY - you're welcome!
Aug. 27, 2010, 4:43 a.m. CST
Aug. 27, 2010, 6:38 a.m. CST
and hold it in like a bong.
Aug. 27, 2010, 7:01 a.m. CST
you said it about the nose and i agree with ya. i'm all about 'different' noses. the comics sans stuff sucks, trying to make the movie seem 'wackier' than it is, and it's not about graphic novellists anyway. the movie itself doesn't look that great... but at least they don't say 'starring that one arrogant douche that got killed in V for Vendetta'
Aug. 27, 2010, 7:09 a.m. CST
This could be brilliant, it's from seriously good source material. Posy Simmonds graphic novel is a great satire and should result in something far removed from a twee Curtis-lite romcom. I'd also watch anything with Tamsin Greig in it.
Aug. 27, 2010, 7:27 a.m. CST
Obviously she's got something about her, some spark, and for godddd's sake I would struggle not to look at her insanely amazing legs and ass as she walked by...but her line delivery leaves a lot to be desired IMO. Clash and Persia were pieces of shit, let's make no pretence there, but I actually found her 'acting' to be one of the worst things about Persia!!
Aug. 27, 2010, 1:01 p.m. CST
by Royston Lodge
Aug. 27, 2010, 2:25 p.m. CST
by Wyndam Earle
i will honor Ms. Atherton's "acting" prowess by watching this at home with the sound turned down, lube and tissues at the ready...owowowoowoow
Aug. 27, 2010, 9:49 p.m. CST
by Verbal Kombat
And she looks capable of so much more.
Aug. 28, 2010, 3:26 a.m. CST
We got the usual innuendo. We got the inhale her flatulence fetish. And some dude is complaining about the font used in the trailer. My fellow AICN friends, yer weird-Os.
- HERCULES ON THE RADIO!! Learn What Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Thinks Of Fox's Batman-Free GOTHAM, Woody’s MAGIC IN THE MOONLIGHT, The Final Season Of BOARDWALK EMPIRE, And The Latest MARVEL, DC, STAR WARS & STAR TREK News!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 8pm PT / 11pm ET!! -- 254 total posts 139 posts
- Who is in consideration to take the role of Snake in the ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK remake!?! -- 536 total posts 23 posts
- DOCTOR WHO 8.2!! ‘Kelvington’ Reviews This Weekend’s Episode And Says He’s Not Sure He Enjoys ‘What The Show Is Becoming’!! -- 270 total posts 17 posts
- The Friday Docback Crawls ‘Into The Dalek’!! Reader Reaction For DOCTOR WHO S08E02 Is Here!! + HornOrSilk's 'Breaking Bubbles and Other Stories' Big Finish Audio Review, Clips, And More!! -- 253 total posts 10 posts
- Amazon To Bring Back Patrick Warburton As Ben Edlund’s TICK?? -- 41 total posts 6 posts
- Harry may be crazy about SIN CITY: A DAME TO KILL FOR - but so may you -- 552 total posts 3 posts
- Final PICKS & PEEKS of Aug 2014: LEGEND OF HELL HOUSE, Zombies, FOSSE, RATS, Nukes & Teens!!! -- 345 total posts 3 posts
- Scream and Shout: Quint is inspired by Guardians of the Galaxy to revisit BATTLE BEYOND THE STARS (1980)! -- 199 total posts 2 posts
- A Few Promo Images From EXODUS: GODS AND KINGS Bring Ridleyish Spectacle!! -- 157 total posts 2 posts
- The Gathering On OUTLANDER!! Into The Dalek On DOCTOR WHO!! Monsters On BEWARE THE BATMAN!! SOLE CUSTODY On LIFETIME!! New INTRUDERS, POL, CHIMA, HILLBILLY, FLIPPING, WHEELS And OUTRAGEOUS ACTS OF SCIENCE!! Herc’s Saturday TV Talkback!! -- 6 total posts 1 post