L.A. Readers! "Everything Is Terrible!" Presents "Everything Is Festival!" At The Cinefamily, 8/28 - 8/29! Get Your Tix Now!
This weekend (August 28th - 29th), something terrible is coming to Los Angeles.
From the lunatics behind the internet's Everything Is Terrible!, it's the "Everything Is Festival" or "The 10th Annual Gathering Of The Terribles!" For two whole days at the Cinefamily (based out of Los Angeles's historic Silent Movie Theatre on Fairfax), these masters of the found-footage melange will melt minds with an assortment of bizarre clips, whole feature films, a "Total Madness Dance Party," and so much more. If you're wondering whether this is for you... it probably isn't, but you should buy tickets anyway. Here's some incentive:
1) After the Los Angeles premiere of 2EVERYTHING 2 TERRIBLE: TOKYO DRIFT during the 8/28 evening show, Zack Carlson of The Alamo Drafthouse will be dropping by with a 35mm print of Woo-sang Park's THE MIAMI CONNECTION, the followup to the notorious-in-certain-circles L.A. STREETFIGHTERS aka NINJA TURF. I haven't seen either (the Cinefamily will be screening L.A. STREETFIGHTERS on 9/11), but Zack's colleague Lars Nilsen has, and he is very persuasive...
Alamo Drafthouse presents The Miami Connection:
Zack Carlson, co-programmer of Austin, TX's legendary Alamo Drafthouse, will be here in-person to present a 35mm screening of one of the Alamo's favorite HFS-style roasters! From the Alamo's website: "Earlier this year at Weird Wednesday, we presented a pretty astonishing film, L.A. Streetfighters (aka Ninja Turf), a film that contains no ninjas at all but nevertheless thrilled the crowd with its depiction of immigrant street gangs and 35-year old high school students. The crowd was confused, many were angry, a few had blood streaming from their eyes -- but we all knew we'd witnessed something. Now, for those same people and also for those who missed Ninja Turf because they had to work or were pussies, we present the director's followup, The Miami Connection. It also takes place among superannuated high schoolers and there's a lot of talk (and even a song) about ninjas but it remains to be seen whether any ninjas were actually persuaded to appear in this film. Part of us hopes not. After all, it's not ninjas themselves that excite us, it's the anticipation that ninjas might appear." - Lars Nilsen
There's a trailer...
This will be followed by the Total Madness Dance Party.
2) The early show on 8/29 (5 PM start time) will be "Harmon and Schrab's Found Crap", a compendium of fucked-up clips from two of the funniest writers on the planet, Dan Harmon and Rob Schrab. They're promising "lost racist BENNY HILL episodes", tapes "handed down" from Tim & Eric, and special appearances from Rob Huebel and Paul Scheer. This will evidently go on for three hours. Fine by me.
3) The 8/29 evening show (8 PM start time if we're lucky) will be the Found Footage Battle Royale and BBQ, a no-holds-barred onslaught of under-two-minute clips, all of which will vie for title of the Most Messed-Up Thing In The Universe or something (the winner will be determined by an applause-o-meter). The EIT gang seems to think this will get ugly. I can't wait.
For more on the event, visit the Cinefamily's official site. You can buy a full festival pass for $20.00 or individual tickets for whichever screening(s) you'd like to attend. I will most certainly be seeing you there.
One last thing: if that MIAMI CONNECTION trailer was good to you, be sure to buy tix now for the 9/11 screening of L.A. STREETFIGHTERS aka NINJA TURF. Again, some incentive...
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Aug. 25, 2010, 3:03 p.m. CST
Because it's news I have absolutely no interest in.
Aug. 25, 2010, 3:03 p.m. CST
Aug. 25, 2010, 3:08 p.m. CST
by Gil Brooks
I'll be rockin with my cock in, er, or something like that...
Aug. 25, 2010, 6:11 p.m. CST
has made me laugh harder and more consistently than anything released in theatres this year. Maybe even in the last five years. Its THAT fucking funny/weird/whatthefuck? I rarely throw the term "genius" around, but for Everything Is Terrible, it's not only true, it's a hard, cold fact.
Aug. 25, 2010, 6:27 p.m. CST
One night, I saw that it was gonna be on Encore. Having never heard of it, I read the craptastic premise and set the DVR. Needless to say, it was AMAZING. How can you not love a movie where your two "high school" protagonists are played by Asian dudes EASILY in their early 40s? Bad dubbing, worse acting, shitty cinematography. Not to mention, (Biff himself!) Thomas F. Wilson's screen debut!
Aug. 26, 2010, 9:08 p.m. CST
--------- http://www.jorer.com ---------- JORER Inc. We are the best online dealer.about all kinds of Nike shox . http://is.gd/e8AUl run retailing and wholesale trade wordwidely for years. Free Shipping And Customs,Super Sale Off Retailing,With 1Week Delivery to your door.
- 3rd Official X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST trailer hits - and it is a big one!!! -- 458 total posts 448 posts
- Stallone Talks EXPENDABLES Casting Approach!! Nicholson!?!? -- 223 total posts 223 posts
- Some Wicked Cool Stills For The Upcoming BATMAN: ARKHAM KNIGHT Game!! -- 116 total posts 116 posts
- Re-Revised X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST Casting Re-Adds A Mutant!! -- 105 total posts 105 posts
- ‘A Gift From The Clairvoyant!!’ Patton Oswalt Joins Joss Whedon’s AGENTS OF SHIELD!! Seinfeld On PIONEERS OF TELEVISION!! The Returns Of NEW GIRL, AWKWARD & WIFE SWAP!! The Premiere Of FARGO!! Plus New BOY, STORAGE, SCHUMER, PERSON, TOSH, NCIS, GLEE, FIRE, CONTAINER, MINDY, DUSK, ORIGINALS, SUPERNATURAL & VOICE!! TEEN MOM Finale Special!! DANCE MOMS 100!! HARDCORE PAWN Finale!! Nathan Fillion & Tatiana Maslany on CONAN!! Herc’s Tuesday TV Talkback!! -- 193 total posts 87 posts
- The Composer For That BATMAN / SUPERMAN Movie Is… -- 278 total posts 56 posts
- This nifty teaser for Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO hints at some freaky stuff going on in the Amazon! -- 53 total posts 53 posts
- Matthew Vaughn to get SUPERIOR to stay in the Mark Millar business for Fox! -- 68 total posts 52 posts
- Jaden Smith will dress like a girl to avoid slavery in THE GOOD LORD BIRD! -- 103 total posts 51 posts
- Everyone thinks Elizabeth Banks is a hooker in this red-band WALK OF SHAME trailer! -- 71 total posts 45 posts