L.A. Readers! "Everything Is Terrible!" Presents "Everything Is Festival!" At The Cinefamily, 8/28 - 8/29! Get Your Tix Now!
This weekend (August 28th - 29th), something terrible is coming to Los Angeles.
From the lunatics behind the internet's Everything Is Terrible!, it's the "Everything Is Festival" or "The 10th Annual Gathering Of The Terribles!" For two whole days at the Cinefamily (based out of Los Angeles's historic Silent Movie Theatre on Fairfax), these masters of the found-footage melange will melt minds with an assortment of bizarre clips, whole feature films, a "Total Madness Dance Party," and so much more. If you're wondering whether this is for you... it probably isn't, but you should buy tickets anyway. Here's some incentive:
1) After the Los Angeles premiere of 2EVERYTHING 2 TERRIBLE: TOKYO DRIFT during the 8/28 evening show, Zack Carlson of The Alamo Drafthouse will be dropping by with a 35mm print of Woo-sang Park's THE MIAMI CONNECTION, the followup to the notorious-in-certain-circles L.A. STREETFIGHTERS aka NINJA TURF. I haven't seen either (the Cinefamily will be screening L.A. STREETFIGHTERS on 9/11), but Zack's colleague Lars Nilsen has, and he is very persuasive...
Alamo Drafthouse presents The Miami Connection:
Zack Carlson, co-programmer of Austin, TX's legendary Alamo Drafthouse, will be here in-person to present a 35mm screening of one of the Alamo's favorite HFS-style roasters! From the Alamo's website: "Earlier this year at Weird Wednesday, we presented a pretty astonishing film, L.A. Streetfighters (aka Ninja Turf), a film that contains no ninjas at all but nevertheless thrilled the crowd with its depiction of immigrant street gangs and 35-year old high school students. The crowd was confused, many were angry, a few had blood streaming from their eyes -- but we all knew we'd witnessed something. Now, for those same people and also for those who missed Ninja Turf because they had to work or were pussies, we present the director's followup, The Miami Connection. It also takes place among superannuated high schoolers and there's a lot of talk (and even a song) about ninjas but it remains to be seen whether any ninjas were actually persuaded to appear in this film. Part of us hopes not. After all, it's not ninjas themselves that excite us, it's the anticipation that ninjas might appear." - Lars Nilsen
There's a trailer...
This will be followed by the Total Madness Dance Party.
2) The early show on 8/29 (5 PM start time) will be "Harmon and Schrab's Found Crap", a compendium of fucked-up clips from two of the funniest writers on the planet, Dan Harmon and Rob Schrab. They're promising "lost racist BENNY HILL episodes", tapes "handed down" from Tim & Eric, and special appearances from Rob Huebel and Paul Scheer. This will evidently go on for three hours. Fine by me.
3) The 8/29 evening show (8 PM start time if we're lucky) will be the Found Footage Battle Royale and BBQ, a no-holds-barred onslaught of under-two-minute clips, all of which will vie for title of the Most Messed-Up Thing In The Universe or something (the winner will be determined by an applause-o-meter). The EIT gang seems to think this will get ugly. I can't wait.
For more on the event, visit the Cinefamily's official site. You can buy a full festival pass for $20.00 or individual tickets for whichever screening(s) you'd like to attend. I will most certainly be seeing you there.
One last thing: if that MIAMI CONNECTION trailer was good to you, be sure to buy tix now for the 9/11 screening of L.A. STREETFIGHTERS aka NINJA TURF. Again, some incentive...
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Aug. 25, 2010, 3:03 p.m. CST
Because it's news I have absolutely no interest in.
Aug. 25, 2010, 3:03 p.m. CST
Aug. 25, 2010, 3:08 p.m. CST
by Gil Brooks
I'll be rockin with my cock in, er, or something like that...
Aug. 25, 2010, 6:11 p.m. CST
has made me laugh harder and more consistently than anything released in theatres this year. Maybe even in the last five years. Its THAT fucking funny/weird/whatthefuck? I rarely throw the term "genius" around, but for Everything Is Terrible, it's not only true, it's a hard, cold fact.
Aug. 25, 2010, 6:27 p.m. CST
One night, I saw that it was gonna be on Encore. Having never heard of it, I read the craptastic premise and set the DVR. Needless to say, it was AMAZING. How can you not love a movie where your two "high school" protagonists are played by Asian dudes EASILY in their early 40s? Bad dubbing, worse acting, shitty cinematography. Not to mention, (Biff himself!) Thomas F. Wilson's screen debut!
Aug. 26, 2010, 9:08 p.m. CST
--------- http://www.jorer.com ---------- JORER Inc. We are the best online dealer.about all kinds of Nike shox . http://is.gd/e8AUl run retailing and wholesale trade wordwidely for years. Free Shipping And Customs,Super Sale Off Retailing,With 1Week Delivery to your door.
- THE HOBBIT: THE BATTLE OF THE FIVE ARMIES Trailer Has Arrived! -- 351 total posts 351 posts
- Harry says GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY is better than German Chocolate Cake & means it!!! -- 588 total posts 268 posts
- At Long Last, Our First Trailer For MAD MAX: FURY ROAD!! Official Vid Of Comic-Con Reel!! -- 614 total posts 164 posts
- Watch Quickly!! Some Test Footage From Tim Miller And Ryan Reynolds’ DEADPOOL Movie!! -- 144 total posts 144 posts
- SDCC '14: First footage of Batman vs Superman screens!!! Now w/ hi-res look at Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman!! -- 778 total posts 113 posts
- KILL BILL: THE WHOLE BLOODY AFFAIR to get a limited theatrical release in 2015?! -- 93 total posts 93 posts
- A New Tease For DOCTOR WHO Season / Series 8!! -- 85 total posts 85 posts
- A Nifty Video Tour Of The Warner Bros Museum Commemorates BATMAN’s 75th Anniversary!! -- 71 total posts 71 posts
- Eva Green in Talks for Tim Burton's MISS PEREGRINE'S HOME FOR PECULIAR CHILDREN! -- 58 total posts 58 posts
- The Girls Come Out To Play In Red-Band Comic Con Trailer For SIN CITY: A DAME TO KILL FOR! -- 53 total posts 53 posts