LOVE & OTHER DRUGS is about a blu-pill salesman!
Hey folks, Harry here to dream a little about LOVE & OTHER DRUGS by the always hopefully compelling, Ed Zwick. I'm a sucker for a good romantic drama - and that's what I hope this is. A film that is not quite a romantic comedy, but something that makes your heart ache a bit, that perhaps make you leave the theater with a tear caught on the edge of a smile. I'm thinking about films like BREAKFAST AT TIFFANY'S or THE APARTMENT... I believe Ed Zwick has that kind of film in him and I wonder if Jake & Anne can pull of that kind of emotional honesty. Anne still has a bit of that Gloss stuck to her, but there's a couple of shots in here that seems to have that wiped off. And as for Jake... I just don't know. When you're straining to find a young George Peppard or a young Jack Lemmon, who do you turn to? Is that Jake Gyllenhaal? I'm not sure. Here he seems to be trying to project a Tom Cruise "Jerry Maguire" type of vibe, but does Zwick have that Cameron Crowe pixie dust that makes all of it tear at the inner soul of the romantic heart? I don't know, but I hope it doesn't feel cheap or artificial and there's definitely that possibility. What do y'all think of this trailer for LOVE & OTHER DRUGS.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Aug. 21, 2010, 7:01 p.m. CST
That is all...
Aug. 21, 2010, 7:06 p.m. CST
For a high definition sexual experience?
Aug. 21, 2010, 7:07 p.m. CST
Let's just get that one out of the way right now.
Aug. 21, 2010, 7:26 p.m. CST
And I didn't think much about it two weeks ago, when filmdrunk posted it. Although there are reports that Hathaway gets naked in abundance, but that's offset by the fact that her character has Parkinson's. I'd still do her, though. Oh yeah....
Aug. 21, 2010, 7:31 p.m. CST
Most are watered down political satements that he wants to makes but doesnt want to "offend" the audience
Aug. 21, 2010, 7:51 p.m. CST
by Sailor Rip
lol. Good one.
Aug. 21, 2010, 7:55 p.m. CST
by Tigger Tales
Aug. 21, 2010, 8:15 p.m. CST
Which is why most talkbackers will never see it.
Aug. 21, 2010, 8:39 p.m. CST
Like my dick if I had to actually watch this derivative crap!
Aug. 21, 2010, 8:43 p.m. CST
not bad, but likeable enough. nothing new, though. I mean...that was the whole movie from beginning to end in the trailer, right? didn't we all just see it? <p>I saw the character introductions, the meet-cute, the first date, the sex scene, the secondary characters, the progression of the relationship, the funny scene with the fat friend, the conflict, the fake giving up, the big finale where he chases after her instead of doing hos job, or selling out, or fucking the hot blonde or something. the only thing left for the theater is the kiss at the end.<p>the irony is, the only movies that show EVERY FUCKING THING from beginning to end in their trailers, are the ones without an ounce of surprise or creativity in their plots. it would be funny if it weren't so sad.<p>when movies like Inception make a gazillion dollars, we always hope hollywood will go, "make more smart movies! make intriguing trailers that don't show everything!" but it never happens. because those smart movies that make a gazillion, they cost half a gazillion. and when you can just do a mad libs of romantic comedy cliches with some cute, popular stars and make just as much return on your investment, what's the point of doing anything unique?<p>it's just depressing.
Aug. 21, 2010, 9:38 p.m. CST
where Tom Cruise is screaming on the floor "Sakai! Sakai! Sakai" cuz he was going through alcohol withdrawal has to be one of the cheesiest scenes in movie history
Aug. 21, 2010, 10:21 p.m. CST
Hello. My friend URL: http://www.Yahcc.us The new update, a large hot FREE sHIPPING WE ACCEPT PYAPAL PAYMENT YOU MUST NOT MISS IT!!! thank you !!!
Aug. 21, 2010, 10:35 p.m. CST
... because it is way too long, and pretty much gives away almost all of the movie. That said, you'll probably go watch it now in spite of the warning, so have at it. You can find it on youtube.
Aug. 21, 2010, 11:14 p.m. CST
i used to come here for up to date shit, now they scoop trailers that have been on apple for over a week. im better off scouring the interwebbbz by myself to look for actual movie news
Aug. 22, 2010, 4:17 a.m. CST
booze. This movie will always be remembered for some guy farting in the audience in perfect time during wannabe's death sequence-
Aug. 22, 2010, 9:10 a.m. CST
Lonely sadsack "hunk" who travels for a living meets the unavailable woman. Dick jokes, surprise hidden relationship issues and Mo-Town music ensues.
Aug. 22, 2010, 9:30 a.m. CST
I'm feeling bad about calling her "grandma tits" all these years.
Aug. 22, 2010, 2:18 p.m. CST
Entire theater was busting a gut in that scene.
Aug. 22, 2010, 4:30 p.m. CST
You big huggable Teddy Bear of wuv you. You're getting soft on us arent you? We'll have to take you out for a good old wabbit hunt to help bwing back some of those manwy genre hormones for the fall season.
Aug. 22, 2010, 6:44 p.m. CST
by Guy Who Got A Headache And Accidentally Saves The World
Otherwise I don't get the point of this article
Aug. 23, 2010, 10:46 a.m. CST
Welcome to ---------------- http://www.newgoing.com We are specialized in offering all kinds of top brand shoes, jeans, t- shirts, bikini, swimwear, jacket, jerseys, watches, purses, handbags, belts, wallets , sunglasses and hats etc. Accept paypal ,All the prices list on our website include shipping cost,insurance,tax etc.. $30 nike shoes,air jordan shoes,nike shox shoes,gucci shoes $35 true religion jeans, ed hardy jeans,coogi jeans,affliction jeans, Laguna Beach Jeans $14 ed hardy T-shirts,Coogi T-shirts,Christian Audigier T-shirts,Gucci T-shirts,Polo T-shirts. $35 coach handbag,gucci handbag,prada handbag,chanel handbag. fbgf
- Who is in consideration to take the role of Snake in the ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK remake!?! -- 713 total posts 90 posts
- The Friday Docback Crawls ‘Into The Dalek’!! Reader Reaction For DOCTOR WHO S08E02 Is Here!! + HornOrSilk's 'Breaking Bubbles and Other Stories' Big Finish Audio Review, Clips, And More!! -- 413 total posts 47 posts
- WALKING DEAD!! BOARDWALK EMPIRE!! AGENTS OF SHIELD!! STAR WARS REBELS!! SOUTH PARK!! NEW GIRL!! HOMELAND!! GOTHAM!! FLASH!! SURVIVOR!! RESURRECTION!! PARENTHOOD!! BURGERS!! BLACKLIST!! BANG!! VOICE!! SLEEPY!! PERSON!! UTOPIA!! ANARCHY!! Z!! More Than 200 Autumn Premiere Dates!! -- 50 total posts 33 posts
- A New Clip From STAR WARS REBELS!! -- 29 total posts 29 posts
- DOCTOR WHO 8.2!! ‘Kelvington’ Reviews This Weekend’s Episode And Says He’s Not Sure He Enjoys ‘What The Show Is Becoming’!! -- 363 total posts 28 posts
- Abortionist Killers On PBS!! HOUDINI Hits History!! Angie Returns To THE DOME!! New DALLAS, PARADISE, WOLF, WILD, MASTERCHEF, MODEL, NINJA, HOTEL, BEACH, & RAW!! PARTNERS & MISTRESSES Finales!! UNAUTHORIZED SAVED BY THE BELL STORY!! Annaleigh Ashford On CRAIG!! Herc’s Monday TV Talkback!! -- 25 total posts 25 posts
- Final PICKS & PEEKS of Aug 2014: LEGEND OF HELL HOUSE, Zombies, FOSSE, RATS, Nukes & Teens!!! -- 370 total posts 23 posts
- A Few Promo Images From EXODUS: GODS AND KINGS Bring Ridleyish Spectacle!! -- 211 total posts 21 posts
- Fantastic Fest 2014 Trailer Wave Part 2! -- 23 total posts 15 posts
- Will there be a change of roster in Avengers: Age of Ultron and if so, who's gonna be on it? -- 312 total posts 13 posts