The Behind the Scenes Pic of the Day’s mother told it to be wary of fauns!
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here with today’s Behind the Scenes pic!
I haven’t dug up any real deal professional stills from Pan’s Labyrinth’s BTS, but I was sent one that I’d wager was taken from Doug Jones’ site or Facebook page or something.
Sometimes it seems the movie gods make demands… I wrote out this week’s worth of BTS pics in advance and made the decision to include The Faun pic last week. Within the last 8 days I’ve received this picture at least a half-dozen times from you readers. Considering I found this in the very early days of this column and have not been sent it once until I had pre-written the below I thought that seemed like a sign I was on the right track.
And… well, I just have a soft spot to see fully dressed complex make-up monsters sitting around like normal. I’ve been able to see Middle Earth Orcs, Elves and Hobbits chowing down, Walking Dead zombies drinking punch and Skull Island natives sip some hot tea with my own eyes and there’s a conflict there that I love. These guys belong on the silver screen not drinking Coca-Cola like El Fauno here.
Here’s the pic:
If you have a pic you think should be included email me. I’m looking for the iconic, the rare or the just plain cool behind the scenes shots to feature here.
From Pan’s to Jim’s! See ya’ tomorrow for the next Behind the Scenes pic!
Follow Me On Twitter
Previous Behind the Scenes pics:
- Big Trouble In Little China
- Clash of the Titans
- Dr. Strangelove
- Sesame Street
- The Birds
- The Dark Knight
- Batman (1989)
- Batman: The TV Series
- Stephen King’s IT
- Raiders of the Lost Ark
- Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
- Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
- The French Connection
- The Road Warrior
- King Kong (’33)
- The Empire Strikes Back (Luke with Slate)
- Rebel Without A Cause
- Taxi Driver
- The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
- Tommy Chong Meets The Blues Brothers
- The Empire Strikes Back (Filming the Crawl)
- John Carpenter’s The Thing
- Die Hard
- Frankenstein Meets The Wolf Man
- The Howling
- Revenge of the Creature
- The Empire Strikes Back (Vader & Luke Duel)
- The Godfather
- Rambo III
- Planet of the Apes
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Aug. 14, 2010, 1:59 p.m. CST
Aug. 14, 2010, 2 p.m. CST
Looking forward to tomorrow's pic too, which I assume will have a Hoggle or a Ludo in.
Aug. 14, 2010, 2:02 p.m. CST
Movie was WAY overrated though.
Aug. 14, 2010, 2:17 p.m. CST
Eating lunch with a faun. I bet some of the crew kept thinking about that when they left the set.
Aug. 14, 2010, 2:20 p.m. CST
by Tigger Tales
Thanks, Quint--now I am hungry as a bat in a mice field.
Aug. 14, 2010, 2:29 p.m. CST
by The Dum Guy
He's eating venison.<br><br>I'm hungry.
Aug. 14, 2010, 2:37 p.m. CST
I'm not going to be able to shake the feeling that he's actually out there somewhere. It's like the home movie from Signs.
Aug. 14, 2010, 2:38 p.m. CST
Aug. 14, 2010, 3:03 p.m. CST
It would make a great deleted scene. "Hold up hold up,-urrrp!- okay let's do this."
Aug. 14, 2010, 3:12 p.m. CST
Aug. 14, 2010, 3:25 p.m. CST
by Ray Gamma
Yep. It's tuna pasta bake everybody. Ok folks, nothing to see here, it's all over now. Yeah, that's right. Tuna pasta bake.
Aug. 14, 2010, 3:27 p.m. CST
It wasn't in her head, it was all real.
Aug. 14, 2010, 3:56 p.m. CST
Wow. A pic from a movie I've never seen.
Aug. 14, 2010, 4:11 p.m. CST
by Sailor Rip
Shit. My whole concept of bread and reality has been thrown out the window. <p> And yeah, this isn't iconic. It looks like an extra from Nightbreed(great movie) eating lunch.
Aug. 14, 2010, 4:20 p.m. CST
Very cool pic, well done Quint!
Aug. 14, 2010, 4:25 p.m. CST
by Annie The Pod Racer
REALLY great lobster bisque on Tuesdays!
Aug. 14, 2010, 4:44 p.m. CST
and no color correction. Shows the quality of the makeup/costume work right there.
Aug. 14, 2010, 5:01 p.m. CST
There's a seafood restaurant on the Navy Pier in Chicago that serves the best lobster bisque I've ever had.
Aug. 14, 2010, 5:11 p.m. CST
by Mr Nicholas
Aug. 14, 2010, 5:12 p.m. CST
It's always surreal to be on lunch break during a shoot in the craft tents, surrounded by people in make-up and costumes. Rare to see photos taken during those moments.
Aug. 14, 2010, 5:14 p.m. CST
The Scott Pilgrim animation in the corner is the best AICN animation ever!
Aug. 14, 2010, 5:56 p.m. CST
by Tigger Tales
Aug. 14, 2010, 5:59 p.m. CST
by Royston Lodge
...like he's a bus boy at the demon's night club, on his break.
Aug. 14, 2010, 7:54 p.m. CST
thanks for this one
Aug. 14, 2010, 7:56 p.m. CST
What else can I say?
Aug. 14, 2010, 9:04 p.m. CST
by Nasty In The Pasty
Aug. 15, 2010, 6:37 a.m. CST
Aug. 15, 2010, 6:38 a.m. CST
Aug. 15, 2010, 12:27 p.m. CST
I'm going for lunch. C'ya!
Aug. 15, 2010, 7 p.m. CST
by The Dreaded Rear Admiral
Original Coke, French bread, French FRIES, and...what? Deviled ham? Pulled pork minus the BBQ sauce? What do fauns eat?
Aug. 15, 2010, 7:47 p.m. CST
I was expecting a few people would have, but I'm still glad to see it included in this series. It's a fantastic shot.
Aug. 16, 2010, 10:24 p.m. CST
Aug. 18, 2010, 10:38 p.m. CST
Good one. That made me laugh out loud. Besides SJP can't be made fun of too often.
Aug. 20, 2010, 1:50 p.m. CST
What a crap movie. So glad it lost to The Lives of Others.
- Will Ferrell and Adam McKay to bring you MANIMAL: THE MOVIE! -- 161 total posts 20 posts
- Edgar Wright's Next Project Revealed! -- 121 total posts 13 posts
- Idris Elba to play one of Guy Ritchie's KNIGHTS OF THE ROUNDTABLE! -- 339 total posts 12 posts
- 4th Week of July 2014 PICKS & PEEKS: Werewolves, BLUE RUIN, Nordic Noir, ALL CHEERLEADERS DIE + more! -- 169 total posts 11 posts
- JJ Abrams reveals a rusted out, beat up awesome looking X-Wing in new video! -- 550 total posts 10 posts
- "I would never order an alcoholic beverage on the bridge..." Trailer for SPACE STATION 76 has its heart firmly in place and its tongue firmly in cheek! -- 59 total posts 10 posts
- A New & Full Length Trailer For Disney XD’s STAR WARS REBELS!! -- 60 total posts 8 posts
- A Recently Recovered Gene Roddenberry Interview Leads To A Kickstarter About The Early Days Of STAR TREK!! -- 71 total posts 5 posts
- New Trailer Promises the Creepiest HONEYMOON Ever! -- 23 total posts 5 posts
- Fox Networks Group Chairman Peter Rice: ‘I’d Love To See Another Season Of 24!!’ -- 160 total posts 5 posts