UPDATED WITH WINNER!!
A Samsung Galaxy S
Vibrant Android Superphone!!
Herc’s Monday Giveaway!!
This contest is over! Provisional congrats to @JimMaltese!!
I am – Hercules!!
In celebration of my first decade manning Ain’t It Cool’s TV desk, we are giving away stuff like they are going out of style!
All you have to do is:
1) “Follow” me on Twitter.
2) Monitor my Twitter account between 11 a.m. and 11 p.m. Pacific Time Monday, Aug. 9. At some point during this window I will post a question on that Twitter account. One of the first readers to correctly answer this question via Twitter will win The New Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant Android Phone, which just went on the market last month.
Included in the package is three free months of T-Mobile service.
This device contains a cell phone, a camcorder, a Kindle, an Internet browser, a music player, a wifi antenna, a global positioning device, the “Sims 3” Collector's Edition, a copy of James Cameron’s “Avatar” and Zeus knows what else.
IMPORTANT!! The question will begin with “GQ.”
IMPORTANT!! Your Twittered answer MUST begin with @hercAICN. Don’t screw this up!
IMPORTANT!! This contest is available only to residents of the United States.
IMPORTANT!! If Herc provisionally declares you a winner, immediately forward your shipping address and phone number to herculesAICN@yahoo.com. If you fail to do so within 24 hours, Herc will assign the prize to another.
Even if you’re a giant loser today, look for more supercool prizing in the coming days and weeks!
This post will be updated after the winner wins.
Follow Herc on Twitter!!
Follow Evil Herc on Twitter!!
“Battlestar: Galactica” on Blu-ray, $244.99 last month, has momentarily fallen to $132.99!! That works out to Less Than $33.25 Per HD Season!! 56% Off!!
Kubrick's Masterpiece in Blu: $7.99!!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Aug. 9, 2010, 5:37 a.m. CST
Do you seriously want to watch a movie on it? Especially something as visually rich as AVATAR?
Aug. 9, 2010, 6:14 a.m. CST
...want to be an iPhone?! LOL!<p> That said, I wouldn't turn down the chance of a free one.<p> Reno is right too - who the hell would want to watch Avatar on that?!
Aug. 9, 2010, 7:10 a.m. CST
...his visually stunning movie on a small cell phone.
Aug. 9, 2010, 8:09 a.m. CST
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKiIroiCvZ0 and 11 to 11?!?!
Aug. 9, 2010, 8:14 a.m. CST
Let me get this right. Someone monitors Herc on Twitter for ten hours and is The First to correctly answer his question but they may not win? Sign me up! No wait, like everything else associated with Twitter, I'll pass. Great rule for a contest Herc
Aug. 9, 2010, 9:23 a.m. CST
Aug. 9, 2010, 10:42 a.m. CST
and one that actually makes sense as to WHY it is available only to US residents. However, knowing that doesn't make me any more eligible.
Aug. 9, 2010, 11:03 a.m. CST
That's a nice phone.
Aug. 9, 2010, 12:03 p.m. CST
Why should anyone be surprised that the most of the readers of the site are excluded from giveaways/events by self centered promotion, retarded contest rules, and an "If you don't like it, screw off" attitude? For a site that tries so desperately to be a "national" site and solicit feedback from readers across the country (and world), y'all sure seem to still be very shortsighted and arrogant about how you promote and stage events and/or giveaways. And yes, I will continue to berate you guys every time I see something like this - even though I've been around here for almost 10 years now. Because outside of Twitter, Austin, and Chicago, the rest of your readers and participants don't fucking exist.
Aug. 9, 2010, 1:44 p.m. CST
I'll give it the old college try, but I'm pretty sure that I don't stand a chance.
Aug. 9, 2010, 1:48 p.m. CST
And do we really have to have a twat account to enter this?
Aug. 9, 2010, 1:51 p.m. CST
Aug. 9, 2010, 1:54 p.m. CST
Is it possible to have auto update rather than having to repeatedly press refresh? And can you make an alarm sound go off when someone (like hercAICN) has tweeted you?
Aug. 9, 2010, 2:52 p.m. CST
that tears it, I'm signing up to twitter!
Aug. 9, 2010, 3:29 p.m. CST
how about a contest that doesn't require being a member of an attention whore social networking site for once?
Aug. 9, 2010, 4 p.m. CST
Dude some people have work!!! And lives lol. 12 hour period?!? I want this phone, but I'm not going to be sitting on the computer for a whole 12 hours..
Aug. 9, 2010, 4:05 p.m. CST
Aug. 9, 2010, 4:05 p.m. CST
Aug. 9, 2010, 4:05 p.m. CST
before my lunch break expires. After that, I'm out.
Aug. 9, 2010, 4:10 p.m. CST
But it wasn't a masterpiece either. A visual masterpiece yes, but the story was run of the mill.
Aug. 9, 2010, 4:20 p.m. CST
Good luck all.
Aug. 9, 2010, 5:02 p.m. CST
What I think is going on with these things is that Herc, spending 10 years at a "tv desk" doing god knows what is building up a twitter following by doing this stuff. He's not sitting at that desk watching great shows he hasn't caught onto yet, he's not always calling around to people in the business, he's not breaking ANY stories... he's going through amazon DVD shit he can sell, but this is because I've determined that he's been at that desk writing a book, and the more people who follow him on Twitter will help his chances when it comes to getting published. WHAT ELSE IS HERC DOING WITH HIS DAYS?
Aug. 9, 2010, 5:06 p.m. CST
I kept accidentally getting th at giant ad taking up the whole front page and it occurred to me:<br><br>THE BIGGEST UPGRADES THIS SITE HAS IMPLEMENTED IN RECENT MEMORY IS THE ADVERTISING TECHNOLOGY.<br><br>No edit feature? No automatic page breaks? What the fuck, I taught myself Coldfusion in two months and could have recreated this site with the basic upgrades a week into learning the language.
Aug. 9, 2010, 5:54 p.m. CST
http://jorer.com ------------- We promise to: Provide 24/7 customer support on weekdays. Offer our customers the low Chinese wholesale price. Streamline the buying and paying process. Deliver goods to our customers all over the world with speed and precision. Ensure the excellent quality of our products. Help you find products and manufacturers in China. ------ http://jorer.com
Aug. 9, 2010, 8:05 p.m. CST
Aug. 9, 2010, 8:06 p.m. CST
Aug. 9, 2010, 8:10 p.m. CST
as it took me 15 seconds tops to answer the question yet by the time I pressed send, the original message was marked as being sent 4 minutes ago...
Aug. 9, 2010, 8:14 p.m. CST
It was lame 2 years ago. Now its a badge of stupidity. <P> Having a Twitter account means you really have no business using a computer anymore.
Aug. 9, 2010, 8:18 p.m. CST
63 security flaws on an iphone. Look it up. <P> I have a feeling the contest is limited to the US because the phone is locked to a carrier. Those phones have been in Europe for a bit but only now are hitting North America. <P> Hey Herc, I'll unlock that motherfucker for you if you promise to never mention Leno or Earl ever again.
Aug. 10, 2010, 3:32 a.m. CST
by Bass Ackwards
and random question, compare to last week. Though i still got it wrong (some reason I remembered him saying blue NOT yellow), and I was too slow (by a smidge!) at any rate.
Aug. 10, 2010, 4:36 a.m. CST
Wish I could play, just can't hang around my Twitter acct long enough. Enjoy your new Android OS phone. They're the best.
Aug. 10, 2010, 6:39 p.m. CST
Truth be told, I'm an Apple man at heart.
Aug. 11, 2010, 1:51 a.m. CST
And sour grapes are for people who can't afford an iPhone. What's your point?<p> I've had an iPhone since they first came out in 2007, and now have a 3GS and will be upgrading to a 4G shortly. Never experienced any security issues thus far. Sorry if that disappoints you.
- 1st wk of Sept 2014's PICKS & PEEKS with Universal Monsters, FIRESTARTER, Eco-Terrorism, swords & fantasy! -- 140 total posts 136 posts
- A Badass GAME OF THRONES Sword Guy Has Apparently Been Cast In STAR WARS EPISODE VII!! -- 44 total posts 44 posts
- BBC Issues DOCTOR WHO: ‘Robot of Sherwood’ Promo Images!! + DOCTOR WHO EXTRAs For ‘Deep Breath’ And ‘Into the Dalek’ Are Now On YouTube!! -- 20 total posts 20 posts
- The Friday Docback Crawls ‘Into The Dalek’!! Reader Reaction For DOCTOR WHO S08E02 Is Here!! + HornOrSilk's 'Breaking Bubbles and Other Stories' Big Finish Audio Review, Clips, And More!! -- 431 total posts 18 posts
- AICN COMICS PODCAST reviews GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY! WAYWARD! SUNDOWNERS! & More! -- 16 total posts 16 posts
- Final PICKS & PEEKS of Aug 2014: LEGEND OF HELL HOUSE, Zombies, FOSSE, RATS, Nukes & Teens!!! -- 385 total posts 13 posts
- Who is in consideration to take the role of Snake in the ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK remake!?! -- 726 total posts 12 posts
- The DRUNK HISTORY Finale!! HOUDINI Finale!! ROYAL PAINS Finale!! RIZZOLI & ISLES Finale!! HARD KNOCKS Finale!! New TALENT, CARTER, GEAR, LITTLE, LIARS, MATADOR, WIZARD!! The Chenbot On LETTERMAN!! Brienne Of Tarth On CRAIG!! Herc’s Tuesday TV Talkback!! -- 12 total posts 12 posts
- AICN HORROR: Dr. Karen Oughton checks out four fear-filled films from Film4 FrightFest 2014: THE LAST SHOWING! SIN CITY: A DAME TO KILL FOR! THE GUEST! DOC OF THE DEAD! -- 8 total posts 8 posts
- Capone talks love among the ages with LOVE IS STRANGE director & co-writer Ira Sachs!!! -- 8 total posts 8 posts