Far Go The Lions In Season Five Of FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS??
I am – Hercules!!
The fifth (and likely final) season of “Friday Night Lights” arrives on DirecTV 101 this fall and on NBC next year.
We’ve a potentially spoiler-filled report from an untested source claiming to have witnessed a key scene shot at Dallas’ Cotton Bowl. It is cloaked here in invisotext:
I know you have reported on Friday Night Lights before and thought you might find this tidbit interesting. I was a crowd extra last night for the taping of the last episode of Friday Night Lights Season 5 at the Cotton Bowl in Dallas, TX. The episode will see the East Dillon Lions, coached by Eric Taylor and Billy Riggins face off agains the Hudgins Hawks in the Texas High School Football State Championship at the Cotton Bowl. The bulk of Saturday's filming seemed to focus on crowd reaction shots of various plays by both teams, with the crowd switching shirts midway to cheer for the opposing team. Present in the crowd sitting in a row on the 50 yard line were Connie Britton, Zach Gilford, and Aimee Teegarden. Brad Leland was filmed walking up and down the sideline reacting to plays. Also introduced were a new East Dillon Swedish football player and the father of East Dillon QB Vince. Both will play prominent roles in Season 5. The most interesting item about the shoot was the filming of the last play of the game. The East Dillon Lions are down by 3 with :03 seconds to play and line up for the Hail Mary pass. The producers would not inform the crowd if the pass would be caught or not, and filmed two versions of the scene, one with the crowd reacting wildly to a win, the other to a loss. Throughout the filming, everyone seemed to be very careful not to refer to the episode as the "series finale" and a couple of the AD's let slip that East Dillon's win or loss will depend on whether the show sees a sixth season or not (although they did not elaborate on which eventuality would be played out in either case). This excited me to no end as it has been previously reported the show would end after five seasons. Apparently, the recent Emmy campaign and nominations has breathed some commercial life into this critically successful show. At least for now, the producers appear to be at least preparing for the possibility of a sixth season.
Thanks, Herc, and I really enjoy your contributions to AICN.
-Just list me as an anonymous contributor if you use this.
Follow Herc on Twitter!!
Follow Evil Herc on Twitter!!
“Mr. Show: The Complete Series,” $47.49 last week, is momentarily $20.99!! (58% Off!!)
106 Blu-rays Under $10!!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
July 19, 2010, 12:50 a.m. CST
July 19, 2010, 12:51 a.m. CST
I really wish people would have caught on to it early on. Kyle Chandler and Connie Britton are amazing on that show. Actually, all cast members past and present always bring their A game, but those two really stand out as spectacular performers. Fingers crossed for Emmy wins. Such an amazing show.
July 19, 2010, 1:01 a.m. CST
September can't get here fast enough.
July 19, 2010, 1:24 a.m. CST
Can't proselytise it enough. <p> Nevermind all the overrated cable series. FNL, best show on television four years running period.
July 19, 2010, 1:25 a.m. CST
by Ozman X
Something about the Go Lion cartoon. eh, let's move on.
July 19, 2010, 5:18 a.m. CST
July 19, 2010, 5:34 a.m. CST
For a show that almost didn't get a 2nd season, it wound up having 5 seasons. I only watched season 1, but I still plan to watch the rest one day.
July 19, 2010, 6:57 a.m. CST
I really hope this show gets a 6th season. It's rare a show on network tv captivates the viewer as this show has done.
July 19, 2010, 11:47 a.m. CST
....can someone please tell the producers and writers that not every single football game ends with a come-from-behind victory in the final five seconds? It's exciting when it happens on occasion, but come on. It's like cutting the red wire with :01 second remaining.
July 19, 2010, 1:15 p.m. CST
Pushing my patience with the last-second victories. Even in real life HS football they fail 99% of the time. Come up with some other way of injecting drama into the game, will ya?
input this URL: ( http://www.shoes2.us/ ) you can find many cheap and fashion stuff
July 21, 2010, 10:26 p.m. CST
ANOTHER SEASON OF CONNIE BRITTON
- Cyborg is confirmed to appear in BATMAN VS. SUPERMAN, and we know who's going to play him! -- 224 total posts 224 posts
- THE HOBBIT: THERE AND BACK AGAIN Is Now Called... -- 216 total posts 216 posts
- Behold The Greatness Of IMAX's GODZILLA Poster!! -- 129 total posts 129 posts
- There Will Soon Be No More Orci / Kurtzman Movies!?!? + One Of Them Is Pushing To Direct The Third JJVerse STAR TREK Film!! -- 462 total posts 125 posts
- UPDATED (17:15) with image of the cast in character! Meet Jon M. Chu's JEM AND THE HOLOGRAMS!! -- 90 total posts 90 posts
- BARBIE. The Movie. -- 179 total posts 49 posts
- They're going to have to look for another MIDNIGHT RIDER, because after that tragedy, William Hurt ain't stickin' around! -- 75 total posts 46 posts
- UPDATED (21:55): Trailer taken down by IFC! The trailer for BOYHOOD takes us through a decade-plus of the life of young lead actor Ellan Coltrane! -- 54 total posts 46 posts
- Amanda Seyfried to fly with PAN! -- 36 total posts 36 posts
- Tom Hardy (as twins) and Emily Browning to star in Brian Helgeland's gangster flick, LEGEND! -- 44 total posts 35 posts