ADVENTURELAND!! FUNNY PEOPLE!! BRUNO!! ANTICHRIST!! IN THE LOOP!! LIMITS OF CONTROL!! June Premiere Dates!!
I am – Hercules!!
These movies may be new to cable in June. Scores from the top critics at Rotten Tomatoes and Metacritic are added to help sort out movies viewers might be keen to pursue. The titles are arranged chronologically by cable premiere date to make it most useful to people with DVRs:
THE LIMITS OF CONTROL
BEYOND A REASONABLE DOUBT
IN THE LOOP
ALIENS IN THE ATTIC
The Movie Channel
BRIEF INTERVIEWS WITH HIDEOUS MEN
Find the list of May premieres here.
Find the list of April premieres here.
Find the list of March premieres here.
Find the list of February premieres here.
Follow Herc on Twitter!!
Follow Evil Herc on Twitter!!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
May 31, 2010, 3:29 p.m. CST
I really dug "Limits of Control." Not as good as "Dead Man," but still prime Jarmusch. "The universe has no center and no edges."
May 31, 2010, 3:53 p.m. CST
by jimmy rabbitte
"Here's to your fuck..." It's already run, into the ground; but I'm sure that won't stop the TB'ers. So... here's to all your fucks...
May 31, 2010, 4:51 p.m. CST
A good film that surprised me. I don't mind Kristen Stewart after seeing this. I know she plays a depressed teen in this too, but give this film some credit for having a hell of a more interesting story than Twilight.
May 31, 2010, 4:55 p.m. CST
I hope an HBO employee is reading this. Thanks for showing Taking Chance last night, one of the best things you all have done in years. You no doubt by now realize the shortcomings of The Pacific. I don't want to compare it to Band of Brothers either, but I mean come on. No one I know has even mentioned a word about The Pacific which really says something. I mean even I for a while was hiding behind the "it has to be historically accurate" defense, but I've had enough. True Blood is not a good show. Neither is that thing where that guy has a bunch of wives. And that fucking song on those commercials for Treme makes me want to put a bullet through my skull every time I hear it. But you are HBO so you can hide behind past successes while you sort your shit out. Also act like I'm one crazy person that happens to be alone in his thinkings, that should make you feel better. Whatever.
May 31, 2010, 5:57 p.m. CST
If you have trouble falling asleep, watch that.
May 31, 2010, 6:06 p.m. CST
was one of the most terrible sacks of shit I've ever seen. Don't get why people like it.
May 31, 2010, 6:30 p.m. CST
I hate True Blood as well, but its easily the most popular show they've done since Sopranos. It plays heavily to the new vampire fad, like a slightly less prepubescent Twilight, and its entirely populated by rednecks so naturally rednecks love it. <p> What's more concerting to me is their lack of good movies lately. Aliens in the Attic? Come on, even 8 year olds hated that movie. And if anyone is reading this from HBO: please, please never play Temple Grandin again. I know you're proud of your made for HBO movies, but 98% of them really are groan-inducing bores.
May 31, 2010, 9:18 p.m. CST
I don't understand anyone who thought it was enjoyable.
May 31, 2010, 9:49 p.m. CST
by Ronald Raygun
American Graffiti for the children of the 80's. I myself have never been a big fan of the "normal American kids just doin' stuff" genre, with the exception of Dazed and Confused of course.
June 1, 2010, 12:58 a.m. CST
June 1, 2010, 2:10 a.m. CST
by Margot Tenenbaum
It was like they scripted and shot it to be set in 1978 then it tested badly or something so they shifted it to the '80s without revising much.
June 1, 2010, 6:50 a.m. CST
First, it is hard to feel bad for a spoiled kid who *gasp* has to get s summer job to help pay for university. I nearly cried when his parents told him they couldn't afford to send him to Europe. And then there was the generic story about the strait arrow kid who meets the free spirit girl, who in actuality has issues of her own, and then they teach each other how to love.
June 1, 2010, 8:50 a.m. CST
by Dave I
Should I give it a chance? It sounds like an interesting premise, I've tried to avoid reviews to avoid ruining it, but it sounds like people are mixed on it. Is it worth giving it a watch, or is it unanimously a failure and I'm just imagining there are good reviews/opinions on this movie?<p><p>-Cheers
June 1, 2010, 9:17 a.m. CST
by Dave I
I thought it was a decent coming-of-age, summer love, growing up story, the performances were fun, more or less thought the actors did a good job, and it was funny yet balanced with decent teen melodrama. However, the story was pretty generic, I can see moorE12's points (yeah, it's hard to feel too bad for the rich kid who has to get a job instead of going on a Euro Summer Vacation), however that was part of the point; Jesse Eisenberg's character growing up. The free-spirit w/ family issues, a variant of the tough guy/girl with a heart-of-gold, a bit cliche' perhaps but I thought it was done well.<p><p>I took it as a fun albeit slightly flawed coming-of-age nostalgia flick that had some solid performances. So while I can see where people would have problems with it, to me it was a fun movie and Eisenberg, Ryan Reynolds, and Kristen Stewart all put in some pretty good roles in a movie that was pretty much what it advertised to be.<p><p>-Cheers
July 4, 2010, 2:21 p.m. CST
HBO crops widescreen movies even for people with HD!! The channel just hates films. (And they wonder why ratings are flagging!) Anyway, it's why I dropped the channel. As for original programming...remember BOARDWALK EMPIRE will be on in September. You will NOT be disappointed. I'm even going to re-sign with HBO, but only for the duration of BE.
- ‘He’s Worse Than Anybody!!’ Sunday Brings HBO’s Season Finale Of TRUE DETECTIVE!! -- 202 total posts 66 posts
- ‘We Got Six Bullets!!’ Sunday Brings WALKING DEAD 4.13!! -- 85 total posts 7 posts
- Darker ZORRO Reboot Finds its Writer! -- 307 total posts 6 posts
- Hercules Says RESURRECTION Is Easily The Best Broadcast Pilot Of The 2013-14 Season And ABC’s Best Pilot In Years!! -- 44 total posts 6 posts
- Lena Dunham Hosts SNL!! Sagan COSMOS Marathon On NGC!! New UNIVERSE, OUTRAGEOUS ACTS OF SCIENCE & BLACK SAILS!! SWAMP PAWN, RAISING WHITLEY, SCORNED, COPS & CRAZY HEARTS Finales!! Hallmark’s A RING BY SPRING!! Lifetime’s A TRIP TO BOUNTIFUL!! Herc’s Saturday TV Talkback!! -- 35 total posts 4 posts
- Harry shares Day 1 of SXSW which stars Jon Favreau's utterly delicious CHEF!!! -- 218 total posts 3 posts
- Spring Forward With Lauren Cohen & Sonequa Martin-Green On TALKING DEAD!! Data Brokers On 60 MINUTES!! The Premieres Of Fox’s COSMOS, Lohan’s LINDSAY & Carolla’s CATCH A CONTRATOR!! The Returns Of BURGERS, SIMPSONS, GUY, ONCE & REVENGE!! New GIRLS, ISLAND, AMAZING, SHAMELESS, FIANCE, WIVES, AX!! KARDASHIANS & LOOKING Finales!! Herc’s Sunday TV Talkback!! -- 6 total posts 3 posts
- SXSW 2014: Nordling Reviews BOYHOOD! -- 7 total posts 2 posts
- Merrick Stands Up In The Milky Way To Be Pummeled By The Greatness Of COSMOS: A SPACETIME ODYSSEY!! -- 44 total posts 2 posts
- 'There’s No Going Home For Me!!' The New Promo For Fox’s 24: LIVE ANOTHER DAY!! -- 13 total posts 2 posts