DRAG ME TO HELL!! TRUCKER!! VICKY CRISTINA!! HANGOVER!! GIRLFRIEND EXPERIENCE!! TRANSFORMERS! LAND OF THE LOST!! May Premieres!!
I am – Hercules!!
These movies may be new to cable in May. Scores from the top critics at Rotten Tomatoes and Metacritic are added to help sort out movies viewers might be keen to pursue. The titles are arranged chronologically by cable premiere date to make it most useful to people with DVRs:
FIVE MINUTES OF HEAVEN
ICE AGE: DAWN OF THE DINOSAURS
MEDICINE FOR THE MELANCHOLY
ZACK AND MIRI MAKE A PORNO
BEYOND A REASONABLE DOUBT
THE GIRLFRIEND EXPERIENCE
LAND OF THE LOST
VICKY CRISTINA BARCELONA
TRANSFORMERS: REVENGE OF THE FALLEN
DRAG ME TO HELL
MY SISTER’S KEEPER
MY LIFE IN RUINS
BROTHERS AT WAR
Find the list of April premieres here.
Find the list of March premieres here.
Find the list of February premieres here.
Follow Herc on Twitter!!
Follow Evil Herc on Twitter!!
All seasons of “Deep Space Nine,” “Voyager,” and “Enterprise” are momentarily $36.99 Each!! 47% Off!!
74 Blu-rays Under $10!!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
April 30, 2010, 8:52 p.m. CST
It's been two years.
April 30, 2010, 9:14 p.m. CST
and Iron Man are both on Paramount's new pay channel, Epix, available on Cox Cable, Fios and coming soon to Dish.
April 30, 2010, 9:31 p.m. CST
...as of last Monday.
April 30, 2010, 9:44 p.m. CST
I have Comcast and no Epix channel that I'm aware of exists on it.
April 30, 2010, 9:45 p.m. CST
...Valkyrie for months now, but not once did I see a mention for Zack & Miri, or The Spirit. But then again, with a RT meter of 7, it's no wonder.
April 30, 2010, 10:28 p.m. CST
by The Bicycle Sharer
Really? Waiting for "Crystal Skull?" Seriously? To each his own, I guess. I'd just about rather choke down a vomit shake with extra chunks than watch that again.
April 30, 2010, 10:28 p.m. CST
...given the impending sequel, IRON MAN would've premiered next month. Showtime owes me an explanation. In the meantime, here's to the cable premieres of IGOR, THE SPIRIT and ZACK AND MIRI.
May 1, 2010, 12:59 a.m. CST
by Ronald Raygun
I remember back when I was in middle school, our cable service screwed up and we inexplicably got Showtime for free. Even then, I never watched it.
May 1, 2010, 3:10 a.m. CST
for this column and the info on Ironman/crystal skull being on epix.
May 1, 2010, 6:16 a.m. CST
putting actual links to the RT / MC pages, rather than just more diversions to Amazon? Fucking shills.
May 1, 2010, 8:09 a.m. CST
I'll never understand why Showtime premieres things a year and a half after they're theatrical run. Especially when HBO, Cinemax and STARZ have all resorted to premiering things 9 to 10 months after its theatrical run. I guess thats why Paramount and Lionsgate started EPIX. They must've got tired of their shit playing long after everyone stopped giving a crap about it.
May 1, 2010, 8:17 a.m. CST
It just seems like a lazy way for people to back up their opinions - "I must be right because Rotten Tomatoes agrees with me. Wah."
May 1, 2010, 9:32 a.m. CST
Thanks. That is all.
May 1, 2010, 10:01 a.m. CST
It's a great "experimental" movie. I call it that because it's not a true movie (@ only about 75 minutes in length). And Sasha Grey (yes Porn Star Sasha Grey) blew me away with her acting ability (no pun intended).
May 1, 2010, 10:06 a.m. CST
plus she takes it in the pooper.
May 1, 2010, 10:44 a.m. CST
Next to mine, of course.
May 1, 2010, 2:33 p.m. CST
...in The Girlfriend Experiment. I want that 75 minutes of my life back. I'm a HUGE Soderbergh fan and I absolutely loath that mess. Could barely keep myself awake. <P>Don't have Epix (yet) here on Comcast in the Bay Area, either.<P>Actually pretty excited for Five Minutes of Heaven, Trucker and Vicky Cristina Barcelona. Also, cable is the only way I ever watched the previous Ice Age films. So I suppose I'll check that one out, too. And maybe now a few more people will finally see Zack and Miri... ehh, probably not.
May 1, 2010, 2:33 p.m. CST
...like this column.
May 1, 2010, 3:46 p.m. CST
It's good to get Movies 4-5 Months after their theatrical release.With Cable, it's for the most part a full fucking year or more. To hell with that.
May 1, 2010, 4:29 p.m. CST
are these premiere date posts... it would be great if they covered whether something is on the HD channels though...
May 1, 2010, 6:58 p.m. CST
SHOWTIME is the ONLY pay channel that shows movies OAR. Those of you looking to see CRYSTAL SKULL or IRON MAN (on the TERRIBLE Epix channel...and the wait for new films is just as long as it was with SHOWTIME. The wait is due to the studios...not SHOWTIME) or TRANSFORMERS 2, etc. can watch them with at least one-third or more of the picture missing. At least on SHOWTIME, the movies are presented as seen in theaters. I've dumped HBO and passed on EPIX but I'll never drop SHOWTIME.
May 1, 2010, 6:59 p.m. CST
Showtime does not have the rights to IRON MAN. But you can see the cropped version on EPIX.
May 1, 2010, 9:30 p.m. CST
May 1, 2010, 9:49 p.m. CST
Why am I still paying to watch year old movies?
May 1, 2010, 11:38 p.m. CST
And I've not seen hide nor hair of Epix.
May 2, 2010, 11:21 a.m. CST
...yes, but not in HD. All HD movies are cropped on that channel (Except for Pixar films...I guess they don't give Starz a choice, God bless 'em!).
May 2, 2010, 12:23 p.m. CST
by Lazarus Long
It wasn't enough to be pimping DVD releases on a daily basis, now this? Herc's output for this site is like 95% shilling and 5% analysis/news.
May 2, 2010, 2:34 p.m. CST
by Judge Briggs
actually decent. I really enjoyed it. Anyone else? Man, Showtime pretty much takes up that entire list.
May 2, 2010, 3:48 p.m. CST
by Mel Garga
Meh, not so much. I did learn how the 'Dutch Rudder' works, though. Plus, the film featured an awesome song by Live. Naturally, it's not available on the soundtrack.
- After writing Gareth Edwards' STAR WARS flick, Gary Whitta will move on to Mark Millar's STARLIGHT! -- 183 total posts 27 posts
- DOCTOR WHO S08E05 ‘Time Heist’ Reader Reaction Begins Now!! + HornOrSilk’s ‘Domain Of The Voord’ Big Finish Audio Review, Synopses For Upcoming S8 Eps, And More!! UPDATE RE: UPCOMING UK TIME CHANGE!! -- 163 total posts 26 posts
- CBS, The Only Network Without A Superhero Show, Just Ordered To Series Berlanti’s SUPERGIRL!! -- 67 total posts 21 posts
- Capone says Kevin Smith's wonderfully grotesque TUSK falters when it tries too hard to be funny!!! -- 61 total posts 20 posts
- The GODZILLA Sequel Has A Writer!! -- 212 total posts 19 posts
- Papa Vinyard talks with Rose McGowan about her first project as a director and the DAWN Film Festival she's curating this week in downtown Los Angeles! -- 30 total posts 19 posts
- The Additions of Sam Elliott and DEADWOOD’s Garret Dillahunt Suggest That The Final Season Of JUSTIFIED Will Own Us All!! -- 31 total posts 12 posts
- Harry @ Fantastic Fest 2014: TUSK, REALITI, CUB, TALE OF PRINCESS KAGUYA, HIVE, MAN FROM RENO & FREE FALL! -- 11 total posts 11 posts
- Capone's Art-House Round-Up with THE DISAPPEARANCE OF ELEANOR RIGBY: THEM and Terry Gilliam's THE ZERO THEOREM!!! -- 24 total posts 10 posts
- HERCULES ON THE RADIO!! Learn What Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Thinks Of Tomorrow's THE STRAIN, The Next HOMELAND, Fox’s GOTHAM, Showtime’s THE AFFAIR, ABC’s FOREVER, CBS’ SCORPION & MADAM SECRETARY, Scott Frank’s A WALK AMONG THE TOMBSTONES And The Latest MARVEL, DC & SNL News!! Plus The Return Of Horrorella!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 10pm PT / Sunday 1am ET!! -- 9 total posts 9 posts