Live in Chicago? Wanna hang with THE LOSERS on Wednesday night? Capone has details on an advanced screening!!!
Hey everyone. Capone in Chicago here.
So my month and a half of on-and-off traveling is nearly complete. This weekend I'm lucky enough to once again head downstate to Champaign-Urbana to attend my second Ebertfest. But before I hit the road, I'm going to squeeze in a screening of THE LOSERS, starring Jeffrey Dean Morgan, Zoe Saldana, Chris Evans, Idris Eldba, Columbus Short, and Jason Patric. From all early accounts, this one is a shitload of fun, and I can't wait to see this movie, based on the Vertigo comic book series (which itself was a reboot of a DC Comics war title, set during World War II. But you already knew that.).
I've got 200 seats to fill, and this Chicago screening of THE LOSERS will take place this Wednesday, April 21, 2010 at 6:00pm (please note the earlier start time) at the AMC 600 North Michigan Ave. theaters (entrance at Rush and Ohio). Now normally I don't give out the location of these screenings, but I'm doing so this time because I won't be sending out confirmation emails to the winners of this contest.
IF YOU WIN, YOUR NAME WILL APPEAR ON THIS SITE NO LATER THAN WEDNESDAY MORNING. And I'll repeat, YOU WILL NOT GET A CONFIRMATION EMAIL FROM ME FOR THIS CONTEST. Winners simply arrive with a photo ID, we'll check it again the winners' list, and you're in. Simple.
Because we've only got a couple days until this screening, I'm going to make this one easy. Here's how to secure a pass good for you and one guest.
Send me an email at email@example.com (please note the new email address) with the subject line "I'M A LOSER!!!" In the body of the email, I need your Name, whether or not you're bringing a Guest (guests' names are not required), and the answer to the following question (read carefully): "What is qualifies you to be in a group called The Losers? In other words, what is the biggest loser-like trait you possess?" Keep your responses BRIEF--limit your answers to 50 words or less (no matter how tempted you are to go over the limit). People with the most creative answers win, and will hear from me very soon.
Please keep in mind that this is not an exclusive AICN event, and it is slightly overbooked to make sure there is a full house. If you cannot arrive at this screening early, please do not enter. If there's even the slightest chance you'll have to back out of attending if you do win, don't enter. If you have a job that might make you late or unable to attend, or an ill/pregnant relative, or a temperamental significant other, or a scratchy throat, do not enter. Anyone not showing up without informing me ahead of time so I can fill their seats is no longer eligible for future screening contests.
Good luck, everyone! And thanks to Warner Bros. for letting us hang with some real LOSERS on Wednesday.
Follow Me On Twitter
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
April 19, 2010, 9:45 p.m. CST
April 19, 2010, 9:46 p.m. CST
April 19, 2010, 10:29 p.m. CST
Can NYC at least get an advanced screening for "MacGruber?" This shouldn't be too hard for you to set up as SNL is fucking filmed in New York!!!!
April 19, 2010, 11:54 p.m. CST
April 20, 2010, 2:15 a.m. CST
makes me feel good:) Ill pass on this.
April 20, 2010, 7:52 a.m. CST
Does that qualify me?
April 20, 2010, 7:53 a.m. CST
...in the Alama South contest, I guess the Cubs will be playing in Chicago this Wednesday.<br><br>Which actually makes sense and thus the (admittedly stupid) joke loses all of its punch.
April 20, 2010, 11:49 a.m. CST
Seems a helluva waste
April 20, 2010, 3:27 p.m. CST
http://www.toaaa.com We need your support and trust!!! free shipping accept paypal credit card lower price fast shippment with higher quality our website: http://www.toaaa.com best quality guarantee!! Safty & honesty guarantee!! Fast & prompt delivery guarantee!! Packing: All the products are packed with original boxes and tags also retro cards/ code numder Features: AAA QUALITY, COMPETITIVE PRICE AND SERVICE 1) The goods are shipping by air express, such as EMS,the shipping time is in 5-7 business days 2) They are in stock now; 3) Various styles and color for clients' choice 4) The Products are fit for most people, because of our wholesale price Tshirts (Polo ,ed hardy,lacoste) $16 New era cap $15 Air jordan(1-24)shoes $33 Handbags(Coach,ed hardy,lv,d&g) $31 Jean(True Religion,ed hardy,coogi) $30 Sunglasses(Oakey,coach,gucci,Armaini)$12 Bikini (Ed hardy,polo) $23 http://www.toaaa.com
- 1st wk of Sept 2014's PICKS & PEEKS with Universal Monsters, FIRESTARTER, Eco-Terrorism, swords & fantasy! -- 140 total posts 136 posts
- A Badass GAME OF THRONES Sword Guy Has Apparently Been Cast In STAR WARS EPISODE VII!! -- 44 total posts 44 posts
- BBC Issues DOCTOR WHO: ‘Robot of Sherwood’ Promo Images!! + DOCTOR WHO EXTRAs For ‘Deep Breath’ And ‘Into the Dalek’ Are Now On YouTube!! -- 20 total posts 20 posts
- The Friday Docback Crawls ‘Into The Dalek’!! Reader Reaction For DOCTOR WHO S08E02 Is Here!! + HornOrSilk's 'Breaking Bubbles and Other Stories' Big Finish Audio Review, Clips, And More!! -- 431 total posts 18 posts
- AICN COMICS PODCAST reviews GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY! WAYWARD! SUNDOWNERS! & More! -- 16 total posts 16 posts
- Final PICKS & PEEKS of Aug 2014: LEGEND OF HELL HOUSE, Zombies, FOSSE, RATS, Nukes & Teens!!! -- 385 total posts 13 posts
- Who is in consideration to take the role of Snake in the ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK remake!?! -- 726 total posts 12 posts
- The DRUNK HISTORY Finale!! HOUDINI Finale!! ROYAL PAINS Finale!! RIZZOLI & ISLES Finale!! HARD KNOCKS Finale!! New TALENT, CARTER, GEAR, LITTLE, LIARS, MATADOR, WIZARD!! The Chenbot On LETTERMAN!! Brienne Of Tarth On CRAIG!! Herc’s Tuesday TV Talkback!! -- 12 total posts 12 posts
- AICN HORROR: Dr. Karen Oughton checks out four fear-filled films from Film4 FrightFest 2014: THE LAST SHOWING! SIN CITY: A DAME TO KILL FOR! THE GUEST! DOC OF THE DEAD! -- 8 total posts 8 posts
- Capone talks love among the ages with LOVE IS STRANGE director & co-writer Ira Sachs!!! -- 8 total posts 8 posts