Live in Chicago? Wanna hang with THE LOSERS on Wednesday night? Capone has details on an advanced screening!!!
Hey everyone. Capone in Chicago here.
So my month and a half of on-and-off traveling is nearly complete. This weekend I'm lucky enough to once again head downstate to Champaign-Urbana to attend my second Ebertfest. But before I hit the road, I'm going to squeeze in a screening of THE LOSERS, starring Jeffrey Dean Morgan, Zoe Saldana, Chris Evans, Idris Eldba, Columbus Short, and Jason Patric. From all early accounts, this one is a shitload of fun, and I can't wait to see this movie, based on the Vertigo comic book series (which itself was a reboot of a DC Comics war title, set during World War II. But you already knew that.).
I've got 200 seats to fill, and this Chicago screening of THE LOSERS will take place this Wednesday, April 21, 2010 at 6:00pm (please note the earlier start time) at the AMC 600 North Michigan Ave. theaters (entrance at Rush and Ohio). Now normally I don't give out the location of these screenings, but I'm doing so this time because I won't be sending out confirmation emails to the winners of this contest.
IF YOU WIN, YOUR NAME WILL APPEAR ON THIS SITE NO LATER THAN WEDNESDAY MORNING. And I'll repeat, YOU WILL NOT GET A CONFIRMATION EMAIL FROM ME FOR THIS CONTEST. Winners simply arrive with a photo ID, we'll check it again the winners' list, and you're in. Simple.
Because we've only got a couple days until this screening, I'm going to make this one easy. Here's how to secure a pass good for you and one guest.
Send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org (please note the new email address) with the subject line "I'M A LOSER!!!" In the body of the email, I need your Name, whether or not you're bringing a Guest (guests' names are not required), and the answer to the following question (read carefully): "What is qualifies you to be in a group called The Losers? In other words, what is the biggest loser-like trait you possess?" Keep your responses BRIEF--limit your answers to 50 words or less (no matter how tempted you are to go over the limit). People with the most creative answers win, and will hear from me very soon.
Please keep in mind that this is not an exclusive AICN event, and it is slightly overbooked to make sure there is a full house. If you cannot arrive at this screening early, please do not enter. If there's even the slightest chance you'll have to back out of attending if you do win, don't enter. If you have a job that might make you late or unable to attend, or an ill/pregnant relative, or a temperamental significant other, or a scratchy throat, do not enter. Anyone not showing up without informing me ahead of time so I can fill their seats is no longer eligible for future screening contests.
Good luck, everyone! And thanks to Warner Bros. for letting us hang with some real LOSERS on Wednesday.
Follow Me On Twitter
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
April 19, 2010, 9:45 p.m. CST
April 19, 2010, 9:46 p.m. CST
April 19, 2010, 10:29 p.m. CST
Can NYC at least get an advanced screening for "MacGruber?" This shouldn't be too hard for you to set up as SNL is fucking filmed in New York!!!!
April 19, 2010, 11:54 p.m. CST
April 20, 2010, 2:15 a.m. CST
makes me feel good:) Ill pass on this.
April 20, 2010, 7:52 a.m. CST
Does that qualify me?
April 20, 2010, 7:53 a.m. CST
...in the Alama South contest, I guess the Cubs will be playing in Chicago this Wednesday.<br><br>Which actually makes sense and thus the (admittedly stupid) joke loses all of its punch.
April 20, 2010, 11:49 a.m. CST
Seems a helluva waste
April 20, 2010, 3:27 p.m. CST
http://www.toaaa.com We need your support and trust!!! free shipping accept paypal credit card lower price fast shippment with higher quality our website: http://www.toaaa.com best quality guarantee!! Safty & honesty guarantee!! Fast & prompt delivery guarantee!! Packing: All the products are packed with original boxes and tags also retro cards/ code numder Features: AAA QUALITY, COMPETITIVE PRICE AND SERVICE 1) The goods are shipping by air express, such as EMS,the shipping time is in 5-7 business days 2) They are in stock now; 3) Various styles and color for clients' choice 4) The Products are fit for most people, because of our wholesale price Tshirts (Polo ,ed hardy,lacoste) $16 New era cap $15 Air jordan(1-24)shoes $33 Handbags(Coach,ed hardy,lv,d&g) $31 Jean(True Religion,ed hardy,coogi) $30 Sunglasses(Oakey,coach,gucci,Armaini)$12 Bikini (Ed hardy,polo) $23 http://www.toaaa.com
- Harry shares Day 1 of SXSW which stars Jon Favreau's utterly delicious CHEF!!! -- 117 total posts 117 posts
- All 13 Season-Six Episodes Of CLONE WARS Land On Netflix!! Joan Jett On LETTERMAN!! Kenan Thompson On MEYERS!! TRAIN YOUR DRAGON On FX DOWNLOAD!! New HANNIBAL, FIVE-0, GRIMM, BLOODS, LAST MAN, NEIGHBORS, ELISTED, HOPE, BANSHEE, TREEHOUSE, GOLD & SMACKDOWN!! Herc’s Friday TV Talkback!! -- 83 total posts 49 posts
- Darker ZORRO Reboot Finds its Writer! -- 250 total posts 46 posts
- Learn What Happens Next On HBO’s GAME OF THRONES!! -- 117 total posts 41 posts
- Fox Renews For Next Season THE MINDY PROJECT, THE FOLLOWING, BROOKLYN NINE-NINE And NEW GIRL!! -- 50 total posts 33 posts
- Quint eats up Jon Favreau's CHEF, opening night flick of SXSW 2014! -- 27 total posts 27 posts
- Lena Dunham Hosts SNL!! Sagan COSMOS Marathon On NGC!! New UNIVERSE, OUTRAGEOUS ACTS OF SCIENCE & BLACK SAILS!! SWAMP PAWN, RAISING WHITLEY, SCORNED, COPS & CRAZY HEARTS Finales!! Hallmark’s A RING BY SPRING!! Lifetime’s A TRIP TO BOUNTIFUL!! Herc’s Saturday TV Talkback!! -- 20 total posts 20 posts
- HERCULES ON THE RADIO!! Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Chats Up BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER / ED WOOD Icon (And Hollywood Royalty) Juliet Landau!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 10pm PT / Sunday 1am ET!! -- 20 total posts 20 posts
- Karen Gillan has Night Terrors in this First OCULUS Clip! -- 19 total posts 19 posts
- Nordling Reviews THE GRAND BUDAPEST HOTEL! -- 102 total posts 17 posts