UPDATED WITH WINNER!!
BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER!!
Hercules' Monday Afternoon
Provisional congrats to @BrianVerderosa! Forward your phone and shipping address to HerculesAICN@yahoo.com!
I am – Hercules!!
In celebration of my first decade manning Ain’t It Cool’s TV desk, we are giving away TV box sets like they are going out of style!
All you have to do is:
1) “Follow” me on Twitter.
2) Constantly monitor my Twitter account between noon and 5 p.m. Pacific Time Monday, April 12. At some point during this window I will post a question on my Twitter account. One of the first readers to correctly answer this question via Twitter AFTER I pose it via Twitter will get his or her own copy of Buffy The Vampire Series: The Complete Series!
IMPORTANT!! The question will begin with “BQ.” That stands for Buffy Question.
IMPORTANT!! Your Twittered answer MUST begin with @hercAICN. Don’t screw this up!
IMPORTANT!! This contest is only available to residents of the United States.
IMPORTANT!! If Herc provisionally declares you a winner, immediately forward your shipping address and phone number to herculesAICN@yahoo.com. If you fail to do so within 24 hours, Herc will assign the prize to another.
Even if you’re a giant loser today, look for more supercool prizing in the coming days and weeks!
This post will be updated after the winner wins.
Follow Herc on Twitter!!
Follow Evil Herc on Twitter!!
58 Blu-rays Under $10!!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
April 12, 2010, 2:30 a.m. CST
April 12, 2010, 2:33 a.m. CST
the way Netflix does.
April 12, 2010, 3:03 a.m. CST
But on the other hand, the Netflix versions are Widescreen for seasons 4 on. You know, in case you ever wondered what was happening a few inches off to the side.
April 12, 2010, 3:14 a.m. CST
by Media Messiah
...I have no time to follow Twitter. Good luck with the contest anyway. May it be a overwhelming success!!!
April 12, 2010, 3:51 a.m. CST
Before: seriously lust-worthy blonde babe. After: totally unsexy.<p> We should get to the bottom of this so that other women don't make the same mistake.
April 12, 2010, 4:45 a.m. CST
by Duncan Irons
I hate that these contests are not open for international readers. I've got lots of free time you know...
April 12, 2010, 5:18 a.m. CST
by Bass Ackwards
I've never understood you're emphasis during these contests on making sure people don't answer the question until after you ask it. Do you post the question somewhere else before hand?
April 12, 2010, 5:29 a.m. CST
I would love to replace my "Buffy" collection I had to sell a while back. Looking forward to winning that later.
April 12, 2010, 5:31 a.m. CST
Thanks for the great chat yesterday Herc. It was a lot of fun. I never thought I'd be able to chat as long as I did. Thanks a lot!!
April 12, 2010, 6:40 a.m. CST
by Bouncy X
it wasn't framed or filmed to ever be that way. a perfect episode to show this is The Body. there's a shot of Buffy and a cop's head and its meant to squeeze her into a corner by having his head take a lot of space in the frame to give off how she's feeling. but of course the widescreen versions dont have that effect since there's open space on either side. plus i've seen countless UK people mention that in some cases, while rare, you see things and even people you shouldnt be on the side. the show was meant and made to be 4X9 and should stay as such. Whedon's even gone on record saying he didnt like what the UK dvds did.
April 12, 2010, 6:54 a.m. CST
Is the only episode filmed in widescreen format. Also, these Twatter contest suck, no point in waiting for Herc to tweet the question when it is on random servers that post at different times. The contest is really pick of the server.
April 12, 2010, 7:45 a.m. CST
I've never seen the show, but it's definitely been on my list of series I'd like to check out. Doubt I'll be able to follow Twitter all day for it though. Hell, I know I can't.
April 12, 2010, 8:11 a.m. CST
and maybe he can figure out how to develop a series again.
April 12, 2010, 8:12 a.m. CST
by Bouncy X
yeah and the retarded thing, the dvd isnt even anamorphic so you get to see a "squished" version on a widescreen television. my older tv could make those un-anamorphic movies look 16X9 but my newest tv just zooms in, its odd.
April 12, 2010, 8:43 a.m. CST
by Bouncy X
i noticed in the picture this is just the individual seasons but i also see its the original release packaging. not the slim sets they now sell, so whoever wins this it'll be like a collector's item. lol
April 12, 2010, 9:31 a.m. CST
than Leno ever did on Carson... <p> smelly faggot...
April 12, 2010, 9:32 a.m. CST
April 12, 2010, 10:09 a.m. CST
...than have anything to do with Twitter, Facebook, MySpace, or any other social networking bullshit.
April 12, 2010, 10:46 a.m. CST
would be Angel. I would still rank the final episode of Angel as one of the ten best scripted televised hours EVER.
April 12, 2010, 10:51 a.m. CST
the whole universe stuff has been interesting, and just a cool take on the big bad.
April 12, 2010, 10:55 a.m. CST
is television gold. Then the writing went down the toilet along with Sarah Michelle Gellar's lunches. Seriously, she must have had some kind of eating disorder during the later years, she made Ethiopians look well nourished.
April 12, 2010, 10:59 a.m. CST
Enough with the Twitter stuff. Please reward people who read your site.
April 12, 2010, 11:09 a.m. CST
If the old saying that "time is money" is still true then for some you're charging way more than NetFlix by wasting what very well could be a person's valuable time waiting for the twit to tweet. Mom must be so proud that you have so many online "buddies".
April 12, 2010, 11:57 a.m. CST
April 12, 2010, 12:08 p.m. CST
Herc, talk to us when you get Vampire Diaries.
April 12, 2010, 12:22 p.m. CST
Why won't you tell me? I'll reimburse you for the shipping and duty if that's any consolation.
April 12, 2010, 12:35 p.m. CST
He was better off staying at NBC.
April 12, 2010, 1:03 p.m. CST
by Double M
Now I have to open a stupid twitter account for this. Are you getting some sort of commission for this?
April 12, 2010, 1:06 p.m. CST
followed By Conan at 11 on TBS...very funny.
April 12, 2010, 1:57 p.m. CST
by Negative Man
<p>Or like the character 'Stuart' from MADtv constantly screaming "Look what I can do!"</p><p>It's nearly all about themselves.</p>
April 12, 2010, 3:08 p.m. CST
April 12, 2010, 5:20 p.m. CST
by Amazing Maurice
This show was years ahead of itself. And still continues to make a mockery of nearly every other fantasy drama currently on the air.<p>Just brilliant.
April 12, 2010, 5:30 p.m. CST
No surprise most went on to lucrative careers after Buffy ended.
April 12, 2010, 6:15 p.m. CST
by Double M
Just post it already so I can lose!!
April 12, 2010, 6:20 p.m. CST
April 12, 2010, 6:56 p.m. CST
So, while some would get Herc's tweet instantly, I got it 5 MINUTES OUT!!! Herc you are a Twat for Tweeting. Totally unfair for most, and your favorite writer is Drew Goddard or Stephen Dknight. But didn't even bother with twatting you because of such a time delay in your contest.
April 12, 2010, 7:14 p.m. CST
That was a bullshit question, Herc. How about you try again with a question that's actually about the show, instead of about you.
April 12, 2010, 7:35 p.m. CST
That was kinda cool.
April 12, 2010, 7:43 p.m. CST
And people are still guessing - Hee!
April 12, 2010, 10:56 p.m. CST
I was first with correct answer and didn't win for some reason that was never explained
April 13, 2010, 8:23 a.m. CST
Oooh, and they're the Big Box seasons too. Those are the ones I have. My first 3 seasons of Angel, however, are in the 3 slim double-disc case sets.
- 1st wk of Sept 2014's PICKS & PEEKS with Universal Monsters, FIRESTARTER, Eco-Terrorism, swords & fantasy! -- 87 total posts 83 posts
- Final PICKS & PEEKS of Aug 2014: LEGEND OF HELL HOUSE, Zombies, FOSSE, RATS, Nukes & Teens!!! -- 385 total posts 13 posts
- The Friday Docback Crawls ‘Into The Dalek’!! Reader Reaction For DOCTOR WHO S08E02 Is Here!! + HornOrSilk's 'Breaking Bubbles and Other Stories' Big Finish Audio Review, Clips, And More!! -- 425 total posts 12 posts
- Who is in consideration to take the role of Snake in the ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK remake!?! -- 725 total posts 11 posts
- AICN HORROR: Dr. Karen Oughton checks out four fear-filled films from Film4 FrightFest 2014: THE LAST SHOWING! SIN CITY: A DAME TO KILL FOR! THE GUEST! DOC OF THE DEAD! -- 10 total posts 10 posts
- The DRUNK HISTORY Finale!! HOUDINI Finale!! ROYAL PAINS Finale!! RIZZOLI & ISLES Finale!! HARD KNOCKS Finale!! New TALENT, CARTER, GEAR, LITTLE, LIARS, MATADOR, WIZARD!! The Chenbot On LETTERMAN!! Brienne Of Tarth On CRAIG!! Herc’s Tuesday TV Talkback!! -- 10 total posts 10 posts
- Abortionist Killers On PBS!! HOUDINI Hits History!! Angie Returns To THE DOME!! New DALLAS, PARADISE, WOLF, WILD, MASTERCHEF, MODEL, NINJA, HOTEL, BEACH, & RAW!! PARTNERS & MISTRESSES Finales!! UNAUTHORIZED SAVED BY THE BELL STORY!! Annaleigh Ashford On CRAIG!! Herc’s Monday TV Talkback!! -- 31 total posts 6 posts
- AICN COMICS PODCAST reviews GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY! WAYWARD! SUNDOWNERS! & More! -- 5 total posts 5 posts
- WALKING DEAD!! BOARDWALK EMPIRE!! AGENTS OF SHIELD!! STAR WARS REBELS!! SOUTH PARK!! NEW GIRL!! HOMELAND!! GOTHAM!! FLASH!! SURVIVOR!! RESURRECTION!! PARENTHOOD!! BURGERS!! BLACKLIST!! BANG!! VOICE!! SLEEPY!! PERSON!! UTOPIA!! ANARCHY!! Z!! More Than 200 Autumn Premiere Dates!! -- 54 total posts 4 posts
- Harry may be crazy about SIN CITY: A DAME TO KILL FOR - but so may you -- 570 total posts 3 posts