Find Out Who Will Receive THE WOLFMAN Prize Pack!!
...with the results from last week's WOLFMAN contest (announced HERE).
Firstly, apologies for the delays in posting the results - there were communications issues regarding contest organization that took a few days to resolve. Now that we're back in play, here's a look at a few of the finalists - as well as the winning entry.
Firstly, I'd like to say that there were a number of impressive entries, including these pieces from a 6.5 year old Geek-In-Training named Ben Kimmel. We were tempted to give him the prize...
Other final contenders included...
John Sloboda from OH...
Juan Carlos Lizarraga from CA...
Tom Whalen from PA...
Joe Lemieux from MA...
Woody Welch from CA...
Patrick Pendergast from OR...
Ryan Shovey of FL...
...and this wallpaper from Zach Copeland of CA (EMBIGGENABLE)
The prize pack goes to:
Branden Hafiz of NJ.
Really like the simplicity of the image, the dimensionality of that splatter, etc. It's striking & I kept coming back to it.
Thanks to everyone for participating, really enjoyed seeing everyone's contributions. Keep your eyes peeled for another opportunity in the next week or two. Something to do with KICK-ASS...
--- Follow Merrick on Twitter! ---
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Feb. 18, 2010, 12:34 p.m. CST
Feb. 18, 2010, 12:46 p.m. CST
But I like that the kid got in on the fun too.
Feb. 18, 2010, 12:48 p.m. CST
Too bad I didn't win that coaster! Next time!!!
Feb. 18, 2010, 12:57 p.m. CST
Welllll, not really. <p> I prefer Woody Welch and Tom Whalen's myself.
Feb. 18, 2010, 12:58 p.m. CST
The moons one was cool too
Feb. 18, 2010, 1:01 p.m. CST
Thanks for picking my piece! Im a huge fan of AICN, but Id also like to say, Woody from CA, his piece is fucking radical as shit. Once again, thanks a lot!
Feb. 18, 2010, 1:29 p.m. CST
I realize the collage is rather crude but I didn't make it specifically for this contest; it was something I threw together a while back for personal use. So when this came up I figured "what the hell, I'll submit it". Cool to be featured on the site though. A lot of great work here, congrats to all. - Zach Copeland from CA
Feb. 18, 2010, 1:44 p.m. CST
I don't have a problem with it really. Just compared to the others, it seemed like a collage that would have been relatively simple to do. Please don't take offense! And congrats for having your work featured here!
Feb. 18, 2010, 1:47 p.m. CST
I'd like to see that movie!
Feb. 18, 2010, 2:02 p.m. CST
I like these art contests! I'll try to enter the next one.
Feb. 18, 2010, 2:49 p.m. CST
a kick-ass contest would KICK ASS! Hope there are more coaster's & disposable cups involved!!! ; )
Feb. 18, 2010, 3:29 p.m. CST
And yes, the one's from the kid's are funny.I was temtped to mail something in MUCH like that(for the fuck of it)
Feb. 18, 2010, 6:37 p.m. CST
take a fucking bow, dude. Congrats on being the best one, even if you didn't win. You get a ten, monkey!
Feb. 18, 2010, 6:41 p.m. CST
I guess when your entry is even more juvenile than the 6 yr olds and 10 times more vulgar they don't wanna waste the space. Your loss TBrs. Your loss.
Feb. 18, 2010, 6:45 p.m. CST
Mondo would be sucking hime off right now. Just needed a cooler font and it would be pretty sweet. Lots of nice work there people. Why you would put so much effort in for a disposable cup is beyond me. Oh....you love art..oh. Carry on.
Feb. 18, 2010, 7:17 p.m. CST
Hi this is Joe Lemieux from MA: The artist who painted those stones is my Brother In-Law Nik Clarke, for the past four years he has made one these Classic Monsters stones, painted free hand for my birthday or for Christmas! He is an amazing artist, he is not very tech savy, I thought his time is due for the world to know of his talents and his artwork!
Feb. 19, 2010, 4:34 a.m. CST
They are both rip off's of other people work! One of them was featured in last months Empire magazine!
Feb. 20, 2010, 12:10 p.m. CST
...is EERILY similar to the Olly Moss poster featured in Empire Magazine...see link: http://tinyurl.com/yjwwm83
Feb. 20, 2010, 12:13 p.m. CST
FUN FACT: Olly did the Locke Poster for damoncarltonandapolarbear over the summer...the Saul Bass inspired one with the wheelchair.
Feb. 21, 2010, 12:23 a.m. CST
So, I saw the post a couple days ago claiming i ripped off my design. Took it as flaming, and laughed it off. I just got off an airplane after reading Empire magazine, and sure enough, there was the poster in question, and wow, yes, that is pretty much exact. Though I never saw this prior, I do agree, it looks like a total ripoff. I would have flamed me as well. My process was simple, google some wolfman related imagery, saw the moon cycle and BAM, poster. In hindsight, not an original idea to boot. Ah well, I like the understated feel of his better. The skull instead of wolf head makes it more of a classic design poster.
Feb. 23, 2010, 1:49 a.m. CST
Feb. 23, 2010, 1:52 a.m. CST
He's more scary than the movie version. At the very least it should be the model for Marvel's Werewolf by Night movie.
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 230 total posts 205 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 185 total posts 141 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 205 total posts 62 posts
- Does This X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST International Poster Get you X-Cited?? -- 559 total posts 36 posts
- Two Images From Michael Fassbender’s MACBETH Movie!! -- 114 total posts 24 posts
- Watch the Opening 3 Minutes of Joss Whedon's IN YOUR EYES! -- 180 total posts 23 posts
- HERCULES ON THE RADIO!! Learn What Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Thinks Of The First Jack Bauer 24 Adventure Since 2010!! Plus GAME OF THRONES, MAD MEN, HANNIBAL, AGENTS OF SHIELD, And More!! And The Return Of FX MOVIE DOWNLOAD Star Sasha Perl-Raver!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 8pm PT / 11pm ET!! -- 10 total posts 10 posts
- Check Out Thomas Haden Church in this Trailer for WHITEWASH! -- 66 total posts 10 posts
- ‘There Is Only One Hell!!’ Stannis, Davos, Melissandre, Varys, Bran, Hodor, Reek And The Bastard Of Bolton Return For Tonight’s Big Second GAME OF THRONES Of 2014!! -- 356 total posts 9 posts
- In Many Ways We Need Each Other!! Graham & Lecter Reform Their Crimefighting Team On HANNIBAL!! New WHOSE, FIVE-0, BLOODS, UNFORGETTABLE, DIXIE, GUNS, LAST & SMACKDOWN!! Return Of THE WRITERS’ ROOM!! HANGER 1 Finale!! Shatner On CRAIG!! Herc’s Friday TV Talkback!! -- 29 total posts 9 posts