You Wanna Win A DVD Copy Of SPLINTERHEADS??
Irish Rican here -
SPLINTERHEADS is coming to DVD shelves everywhere February 16th and AICN is giving three copies to our readers!!!
For those who aren't in the know, here is a synopsis of the film:
Called “Easily one the best films of the year,” by National Lampoon, SPLINTERHEADS brings home the insane humor of such slacker comedies as Adventureland and Superbad. Starring Brat-packer Lea Thompson (SpaceCamp!) and Rachael Taylor (Man-Thing!),
SPLINTERHEADS launches the comedic talents of Thomas Middleton as Justin Frost, a twenty-something slacker who has decided that his "thing" is that he has no "thing" at all. When a small-time carnival rolls into town, he meets Galaxy, a gorgeous con artist who has more "things" going for her than anyone he has ever met.
When Galaxy takes Justin on a geocaching adventure, a GPS based activity that is part hike and part treasure hunt, he quickly falls for her. Complicating matters are his mom's (Thompson) floundering relationship with a lovesick local cop (Christopher McDonald - Breakin'!) and Galaxy's insanely jealous boyfriend Reggie (Dean Winters - 30 Rock's Beeper King!). In order to win her over he's going to need to step up his game, and maybe even figure out what his "thing" really is.
From what I've heard about the film it is actually a great light-hearted romantic flick mixed with some crazy comedy. 30 Rock fans will also be pleased to see that John Lutz (who plays J.D. Lutz on that show) appears in the film as well.
AICN is pleased to be able to give away three copies of Splinterheads. If you'd like to win one, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and your postal address by midnight eastern time 2/18/10.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Feb. 14, 2010, 6:59 p.m. CST
by Stereotypical Evil Archer
Feb. 14, 2010, 7:04 p.m. CST
former lead singer of the knack
Feb. 14, 2010, 7:20 p.m. CST
Feb. 14, 2010, 7:37 p.m. CST
National Lampoon praising something doesn't have any meaning to me. I mean look at all the crap that carries their name. I do appreciate the 80's cast and Dean Winters played one of my favorite characters on Oz. Who exactly says this is good? Is there a trailer for this? I'm lazy enough that I might not search for it.
Feb. 14, 2010, 8:30 p.m. CST
Feb. 14, 2010, 8:54 p.m. CST
When did this guy became a contributor? And how come he is not on the contacts page with his real name and email or #? I don't know why but this is pissing me off
Feb. 15, 2010, 2:16 a.m. CST
The movie sounds promising. It would be cool to win this. Fingers crossed.
Feb. 15, 2010, 7:28 a.m. CST
not a great one, but a pretty entertaining 80's movie, the 80's was hands down the best decade for kid's movies
Feb. 15, 2010, 10:45 a.m. CST
Bet you think I was gonna say 'Splinterhead', huh ? Huh ?
Feb. 15, 2010, 11:07 a.m. CST
and the winter movie dumping ground is upon us!
Feb. 15, 2010, 11:26 a.m. CST
i won't bother with it. even for free, i don't feel like i wanna add this title to my collection. it would just diminish its overall value. (wow, i feel so arrogant right now..)
Feb. 15, 2010, 4:56 p.m. CST
WHY ARE YOU PUBLISHING ANYTHING FROM THIS FUCKING HACK? all he does is hawk movies that no one with a brain gives a fuck about, like boondock saints 2. it seems fairly certain that he has a financial interest in the terrible movies he advertises here. so again, i ask WHY ARE YOU PUBLISHING THIS MALARKY? thank you.
Feb. 21, 2010, 2:36 p.m. CST
If anyone knows please post.
- So The MAN OF STEEL Sequel Has (At Least) A Third Superhero In It... -- 643 total posts 102 posts
- Joe Dante's Making A New Movie Called BURYING THE EX And You Can Be A Part Of It! -- 43 total posts 38 posts
- Beatles' manager Brian Epstein to get his own flick, entitled THE FIFTH BEATLE! -- 56 total posts 29 posts
- WARCRAFT is getting its cast together! Adds Ben Foster, Dominic Cooper, Toby Kebbell, and more! -- 64 total posts 21 posts
- More Angry Volcano Action in this New Trailer for Pompeii! -- 64 total posts 19 posts
- A New 300: RISE OF AN EMPIRE Trailer Brings The Xerxes!! -- 68 total posts 16 posts
- SNL Christmas!! Titties And Dragons On SOUTH PARK!! Tyson Entrée On Antepenultimate SURVIVOR!! HOARDING Finale!! New BURNING LOVE, GIRL CODE, MODERN, MIDDLE, AHS, X, SOUP, PICKERS!! Herc’s Wednesday TV Talkback!! -- 46 total posts 15 posts
- Fan Of The 2010 Paul Bettany Angry Angel Movie LEGION?? Syfy Just Ordered To Series The TV Version!! -- 18 total posts 14 posts
- More pics of zombied-out Aubrey Plaza in LIFE AFTER BETH! -- 49 total posts 14 posts
- Rinko Kikuchi looks for the buried loot from FARGO in KUMIKO, THE TREASURE HUNTER (based on a true story)! -- 26 total posts 13 posts