Pierre may be taken with DUNE, but now it's FROM PARIS WITH LOVE's 2nd Trailer!
Hey folks, Harry here with the latest trailer from Pierre Morel's next film, FROM PARIS WITH LOVE... A very aggressive looking action flick with John Travolta as a showy badass of action, at least that is what they're going for. Seeing it in a trailer, my instant reaction is a desire to kinda giggle at it all. But as I remember how much I love that insane John Travolta of BROKEN ARROW or FACE/OFF.... I'm looking forward to this film, and even moreso, I look forward to discovery what Pierre's plan is for DUNE, I've heard he's a huge fan of the material, but that's more of a reason NOT to touch it in the framework of a big Studio film. One thing is for certain, this DUNE film will be a massively different direction for Morel. I'm not expecting any similarity with this one. In Glorious HD Quicktime!!! FROM PARIS WITH LOVE - hope Sean Connery is in it!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Jan. 5, 2010, 4:47 a.m. CST
looks like fun. looks like the sign outside the movie hall shud say please leave your mobile phone and brain outisde.
Jan. 5, 2010, 4:48 a.m. CST
Jan. 5, 2010, 4:50 a.m. CST
Jan. 5, 2010, 4:54 a.m. CST
Took a minute or so to recognize Travolta in this. He looked more like himself in Hairspray...
Jan. 5, 2010, 5:02 a.m. CST
...is looking more and more like an old queer. Love the 'Bear and Twink' dynamic in the trailer. Can't wait for the buttfucking.
Jan. 5, 2010, 5:12 a.m. CST
But this looks bloody awfull. If i wanted to see a fat balding man kicking the shit out off people i'd rather watch my dad on World or Warcraft.
Jan. 5, 2010, 5:13 a.m. CST
The music worked better with the scenes they were showing in the first trailer. In my super-duper-always-correct opinion.
Jan. 5, 2010, 5:31 a.m. CST
by GibsonUSA Returns
http://tinyurl.com/yg88fy9 <BR><BR> It hasnt aged AT ALL. I watch trailers from 2005 that look old, but this is still badass.
Jan. 5, 2010, 5:31 a.m. CST
by andrew coleman
Very 90's. I'm seeing this for sure I just have to support bad ass action movies. Taken was also solid.
Jan. 5, 2010, 5:35 a.m. CST
by GibsonUSA Returns
Nobody beats the Face/Off trailer.
Jan. 5, 2010, 5:47 a.m. CST
After Taken i am officially Pierre Morel's biggest fan, what an amazing movie that was, came out of nowhere and showed evey idiot in Hollywood how an action movie should be made. <P> I'd love to see him take on a Bond movie!
Jan. 5, 2010, 6:44 a.m. CST
Jan. 5, 2010, 7:19 a.m. CST
Looks like Travolta is channeling the ghost of Bennett from Commando.
Jan. 5, 2010, 7:29 a.m. CST
No way this movie gets made with Morel, no way.
Jan. 5, 2010, 7:30 a.m. CST
Jan. 5, 2010, 7:40 a.m. CST
Jan. 5, 2010, 7:58 a.m. CST
...and watching trailers from 2005 (not 04 or 06, and certainly not fucking 03) is a regular activity for you.<P>I dig kooky hobbies.
Jan. 5, 2010, 8:32 a.m. CST
Have to admit I haven't read beyond the Dune trilogy, but I am up for a less Lynch'y version that is very true to the text. As for other stuff that H'wood can focus on - I want to see David Weber's Safehold series come to life - excellent read for anyone looking for something great, and complex.
Jan. 5, 2010, 8:37 a.m. CST
by Earl Warren
This is not where I expected the sequel to "Paris, je t'aime" to go.
Jan. 5, 2010, 8:38 a.m. CST
...we got hollywood writers in tbs (jettl) and now up and risin rap stars (waka flocka) on here... i wonder when the reality stars will start poppin up
Jan. 5, 2010, 8:56 a.m. CST
They don't look cool, they look like chemo patients. The second Travolta showed up in this trailer, I immediately lost interest.
Jan. 5, 2010, 8:58 a.m. CST
Jan. 5, 2010, 9:06 a.m. CST
FROM PARIS WITH LOVE starring John Travolta reminds me of how awesome COMMANDO II could be with older Schwarzenegger returning as bad ass JOHN MATRIX.
Jan. 5, 2010, 9:21 a.m. CST
I think it was Beaks who wrote the other day that this film needs a classic feel. You don't get that from handheld camerawork. It's disquieting that the studio went from Peter Berg, the king of NauseaCam, to this guy. But who knows...maybe the style will be just a fad, like the zoom-happy cinematographers of the early 1970s.
Jan. 5, 2010, 10:34 a.m. CST
by Dr. Samuel Loomis
Jan. 5, 2010, 1:10 p.m. CST
Well said! The Jerky-cam era is already well, well past its sell-by date. I hope you're listening, Pierre.
Jan. 5, 2010, 1:16 p.m. CST
really the namesake of this site?
Jan. 5, 2010, 1:21 p.m. CST
by D o o d
Jan. 5, 2010, 2:32 p.m. CST
The Village People are playing at The Blue Oyster bar, John, so go out and have some fun you sexy bear you.
Jan. 5, 2010, 11:27 p.m. CST
And you "hate" Dune, lol? I think I know sarcasm when I hear it. Good one Jewhunter! Had me fooled for a sec there.
- HERCULES ON THE RADIO!! Learn What Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Thinks Of The First Jack Bauer 24 Adventure Since 2010!! Plus GAME OF THRONES, MAD MEN, HANNIBAL, AGENTS OF SHIELD, And More!! And The Return Of FX MOVIE DOWNLOAD Star Sasha Perl-Raver!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 8pm PT / 11pm ET!! -- 297 total posts 147 posts
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 383 total posts 102 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 280 total posts 34 posts
- ‘I Have Something To Say To The People Of Meereen!!’ The Stormborn Returns For Tonight’s Third GAME OF THRONES Of 2014!! -- 26 total posts 26 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 243 total posts 23 posts
- Does This X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST International Poster Get you X-Cited?? -- 586 total posts 20 posts
- Watch the Opening 3 Minutes of Joss Whedon's IN YOUR EYES! -- 210 total posts 20 posts
- ‘Why Don’t We Just Start Our Own Agency??’ Sunday Brings One Of The 13 Final MAD MENs!! -- 12 total posts 12 posts
- So, what's Steven Spielberg's slate looking like these days? -- 203 total posts 10 posts
- 3rd week of April 2014's PICKS & PEEKS: Welles,Wilder,Svankmajer, Mann,Jeong, Sirk,Trier & more!!! -- 153 total posts 7 posts