Pierre may be taken with DUNE, but now it's FROM PARIS WITH LOVE's 2nd Trailer!
Hey folks, Harry here with the latest trailer from Pierre Morel's next film, FROM PARIS WITH LOVE... A very aggressive looking action flick with John Travolta as a showy badass of action, at least that is what they're going for. Seeing it in a trailer, my instant reaction is a desire to kinda giggle at it all. But as I remember how much I love that insane John Travolta of BROKEN ARROW or FACE/OFF.... I'm looking forward to this film, and even moreso, I look forward to discovery what Pierre's plan is for DUNE, I've heard he's a huge fan of the material, but that's more of a reason NOT to touch it in the framework of a big Studio film. One thing is for certain, this DUNE film will be a massively different direction for Morel. I'm not expecting any similarity with this one. In Glorious HD Quicktime!!! FROM PARIS WITH LOVE - hope Sean Connery is in it!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Jan. 5, 2010, 4:47 a.m. CST
looks like fun. looks like the sign outside the movie hall shud say please leave your mobile phone and brain outisde.
Jan. 5, 2010, 4:48 a.m. CST
Jan. 5, 2010, 4:50 a.m. CST
Jan. 5, 2010, 4:54 a.m. CST
Took a minute or so to recognize Travolta in this. He looked more like himself in Hairspray...
Jan. 5, 2010, 5:02 a.m. CST
...is looking more and more like an old queer. Love the 'Bear and Twink' dynamic in the trailer. Can't wait for the buttfucking.
Jan. 5, 2010, 5:12 a.m. CST
But this looks bloody awfull. If i wanted to see a fat balding man kicking the shit out off people i'd rather watch my dad on World or Warcraft.
Jan. 5, 2010, 5:13 a.m. CST
The music worked better with the scenes they were showing in the first trailer. In my super-duper-always-correct opinion.
Jan. 5, 2010, 5:31 a.m. CST
by GibsonUSA Returns
http://tinyurl.com/yg88fy9 <BR><BR> It hasnt aged AT ALL. I watch trailers from 2005 that look old, but this is still badass.
Jan. 5, 2010, 5:31 a.m. CST
by andrew coleman
Very 90's. I'm seeing this for sure I just have to support bad ass action movies. Taken was also solid.
Jan. 5, 2010, 5:35 a.m. CST
by GibsonUSA Returns
Nobody beats the Face/Off trailer.
Jan. 5, 2010, 5:47 a.m. CST
After Taken i am officially Pierre Morel's biggest fan, what an amazing movie that was, came out of nowhere and showed evey idiot in Hollywood how an action movie should be made. <P> I'd love to see him take on a Bond movie!
Jan. 5, 2010, 6:44 a.m. CST
Jan. 5, 2010, 7:19 a.m. CST
Looks like Travolta is channeling the ghost of Bennett from Commando.
Jan. 5, 2010, 7:29 a.m. CST
No way this movie gets made with Morel, no way.
Jan. 5, 2010, 7:30 a.m. CST
Jan. 5, 2010, 7:40 a.m. CST
Jan. 5, 2010, 7:58 a.m. CST
...and watching trailers from 2005 (not 04 or 06, and certainly not fucking 03) is a regular activity for you.<P>I dig kooky hobbies.
Jan. 5, 2010, 8:32 a.m. CST
Have to admit I haven't read beyond the Dune trilogy, but I am up for a less Lynch'y version that is very true to the text. As for other stuff that H'wood can focus on - I want to see David Weber's Safehold series come to life - excellent read for anyone looking for something great, and complex.
Jan. 5, 2010, 8:37 a.m. CST
by Earl Warren
This is not where I expected the sequel to "Paris, je t'aime" to go.
Jan. 5, 2010, 8:38 a.m. CST
...we got hollywood writers in tbs (jettl) and now up and risin rap stars (waka flocka) on here... i wonder when the reality stars will start poppin up
Jan. 5, 2010, 8:56 a.m. CST
They don't look cool, they look like chemo patients. The second Travolta showed up in this trailer, I immediately lost interest.
Jan. 5, 2010, 8:58 a.m. CST
Jan. 5, 2010, 9:06 a.m. CST
FROM PARIS WITH LOVE starring John Travolta reminds me of how awesome COMMANDO II could be with older Schwarzenegger returning as bad ass JOHN MATRIX.
Jan. 5, 2010, 9:21 a.m. CST
I think it was Beaks who wrote the other day that this film needs a classic feel. You don't get that from handheld camerawork. It's disquieting that the studio went from Peter Berg, the king of NauseaCam, to this guy. But who knows...maybe the style will be just a fad, like the zoom-happy cinematographers of the early 1970s.
Jan. 5, 2010, 10:34 a.m. CST
by Dr. Samuel Loomis
Jan. 5, 2010, 1:10 p.m. CST
Well said! The Jerky-cam era is already well, well past its sell-by date. I hope you're listening, Pierre.
Jan. 5, 2010, 1:16 p.m. CST
really the namesake of this site?
Jan. 5, 2010, 1:21 p.m. CST
by D o o d
Jan. 5, 2010, 2:32 p.m. CST
The Village People are playing at The Blue Oyster bar, John, so go out and have some fun you sexy bear you.
Jan. 5, 2010, 11:27 p.m. CST
And you "hate" Dune, lol? I think I know sarcasm when I hear it. Good one Jewhunter! Had me fooled for a sec there.
- There Will Soon Be No More Orci / Kurtzman Movies!?!? + One Of Them Is Pushing To Direct The Third JJVerse STAR TREK Film!! -- 391 total posts 54 posts
- BARBIE. The Movie. -- 151 total posts 21 posts
- UPDATED (21:55): Trailer taken down by IFC! The trailer for BOYHOOD takes us through a decade-plus of the life of young lead actor Ellan Coltrane! -- 27 total posts 19 posts
- They're going to have to look for another MIDNIGHT RIDER, because after that tragedy, William Hurt ain't stickin' around! -- 47 total posts 18 posts
- Tom Hardy (as twins) and Emily Browning to star in Brian Helgeland's gangster flick, LEGEND! -- 25 total posts 16 posts
- The First Official BTS Shots From JURASSIC WORLD Are Here!! -- 82 total posts 14 posts
- "Where do you stand on Michael Buble?" "His windpipe?" Steve Coogan and Rob Brydon have more celebrity impressions up their sleeves in THE TRIP TO ITALY trailer! -- 36 total posts 14 posts
- Robert Downey Jr. seems to be tweeting a picture a day from the set of Avengers: Age of Ultron... -- 112 total posts 11 posts
- Check Out the Trailer for EJECTA - From PONTYPOOL Scribe Tony Burgess! -- 17 total posts 10 posts
- Mowgli to have friends like Scarlett Johansson and Lupita Nyong'o in Jon Favreau's JUNGLE BOOK! -- 44 total posts 8 posts