MEN IN BLACK’s Sonnenfeld Mounting ABC Superhero Sitcom Pilot That Sounds Like A Distaff GREATEST AMERICAN HERO!!
I am – Hercules!!
Barry Sonnenfeld, the “Men in Black” director who helmed the acclaimed pilot for “Pushing Daisies,” will direct an untitled ABC pilot about a mom who comes into possession of a costume that gives her superpowers.
Sonnenfeld’s other directorial credits include the “Addams Family” movies,” “Get Shorty,” “Wild Wild West,” “Big Trouble” and “RV.”
Learn nothing about who's writing the project in Variety’s story on the matter here.
Follow Herc on Twitter!!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Sept. 29, 2009, 12:06 a.m. CST
..now I've got tits.
Sept. 29, 2009, 12:31 a.m. CST
love it <p> Am sure she will have x-ray vision and will laugh will her friends/sister/mother about being able to see which guys are well hung. I am sure the scene will involve her in a kitchen one of them holding a cucumber or something and then laughing. <p>
Sept. 29, 2009, 12:34 a.m. CST
Sonnenfeld should do a Dortmunder movie.
Sept. 29, 2009, 12:35 a.m. CST
Sept. 29, 2009, 12:36 a.m. CST
like a lot of these shows, I am sure she will be overweight, and putting on the suit will magically result her looking in stunning shape. And guys paying attention to her again, i.e. she used to look great but became a)lazy (known in western culture as "I don't have enough time") and b) became a regular patron of the golden arches. <p>
Sept. 29, 2009, 1:12 a.m. CST
Now that's GOLD!
Sept. 29, 2009, 1:29 a.m. CST
by Bass Ackwards
As well as producing it. Superheroes are more in vogue now maybe this series will prove more succesful (with audiences I mean, The Tick was awesome).
Sept. 29, 2009, 2:01 a.m. CST
I'd love more live action TICK! Warburton is GOLD! "STICKY PINK DEVIL!"
Sept. 29, 2009, 2:38 a.m. CST
by Ronald Raygun
Series based on the Elmore Leonard novel. Lasted one season. Sonnenfeld was behind it. It was a good show. Wish it were on DVD.
Sept. 29, 2009, 4:03 a.m. CST
Warburton blew it imo. He mugged and tried too hard to be wacky, when all he had to do was be Patrick Warburton in the Tick suit...not to mention the make-up department made him look like a corpse at a viewing.
Sept. 29, 2009, 5:41 a.m. CST
by Stunt Vocalist 709
My brother watched that show and liked it ALOT. I've been keeping an eye out for the DVD ever since. Anybody out there know of it coming out on DVD... ever?
Sept. 29, 2009, 6:31 a.m. CST
I actually wondered the same thing about the show coming out on DVD and I only found a fan made set on the Sell website. The show was as good as I remembered. I would be hella shocked if a retail set is made. Seems it's been long forgotten.
Sept. 29, 2009, 6:44 a.m. CST
I'm over it. Just tell me a fucking story.
Sept. 29, 2009, 7:27 a.m. CST
And it sucked, which is why it never went any further. Just give me a solid, well-cast updating of the original GREATEST AMERICAN HERO and we'll be cool.
Sept. 29, 2009, 8:16 a.m. CST
I want to know what's going on with Balki Bartokomous and Larry Appleton! <p>Make it so, Hollywood.
Sept. 29, 2009, 9:28 a.m. CST
But RV was virtually unwatchable.
Sept. 29, 2009, 10 a.m. CST
About a hooker who gains super-powers. Now THAT would be worth watching.
Sept. 29, 2009, 11:11 a.m. CST
Oh, wait a second. This story has nothing to do with NBC.<br> <br> Can you fire Zucker anyway?
Sept. 29, 2009, 12:23 p.m. CST
This is such a bad idea. The Geico caveman are laughing at this! Why would I would feel more comfortable if Joss Whedon were attached......
Sept. 29, 2009, 1:17 p.m. CST
Actually he helmed the show throughout. If by "helmed" you mean "executive produced and had massive creative involvement." And his hands were all over it creatively, as much as Fuller's. (Note massive similarities to his Addams Family movie work.) But no, he only directed the pilot.
Sept. 29, 2009, 1:26 p.m. CST
Sept. 29, 2009, 3:51 p.m. CST
by Jamie McBain
Pale Force, The Series! Someone should look into it!
Sept. 29, 2009, 3:55 p.m. CST
It's because Dave Barry said he was influenced by Donald Westlake and Elmore Leonard when he wrote it.
Sept. 30, 2009, 6:22 a.m. CST
Sept. 30, 2009, 10:50 a.m. CST
remake Greatest American Hero: Katt Williams.
Sept. 30, 2009, 1:18 p.m. CST
Why not just make some cool Marvel-based TV shows for ABC instead of silly sitcoms based on fake heroes (althouhg I guess all superheroes are fake, aren't they?) http://nickleshi.blogspot.com
Sept. 30, 2009, 10:51 p.m. CST
Fuck, all of TV is for middle aged women, and fucking 19 year olds.
- Will there be a change of roster in Avengers: Age of Ultron and if so, who's gonna be on it? -- 224 total posts 110 posts
- Is this what Doctor Doom looks like in Josh Trank's FANTASTIC FOUR?! -- 231 total posts 76 posts
- Scream and Shout: Quint is inspired by Guardians of the Galaxy to revisit BATTLE BEYOND THE STARS (1980)! -- 134 total posts 56 posts
- New Poster for OPEN WINDOWS! -- 34 total posts 34 posts
- A Few Promo Images From EXODUS: GODS AND KINGS Bring Ridleyish Spectacle!! -- 129 total posts 27 posts
- Co-Director Anthony Russo Is Teasing, What, Exactly, Regarding CAPTAIN AMERICA 3?? -- 224 total posts 27 posts
- This Trailer For The New SHAUN THE SHEEP Movie Doesn’t Look Too Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad!! -- 21 total posts 21 posts
2012-2014 -- 48 total posts 18 posts
- AICN HORROR looks at EXTRATERRESTRIAL! SAVAGELAND! REVELATION TRAIL! THE POSESSION OF MICHAEL KING! THE LEGEND OF HELL HOUSE! SLOPPY THE PSYCHOTIC! MY FAIR ZOMBIE! THE FORBIDDEN GIRL! MOEBIUS! TWILIGHT ZONE 1985! SUFFER THE CHILDREN Book Review! & cast your vote for PRESIDENT WOLFMAN! -- 15 total posts 15 posts
- Martin Scorsese May Make A Film About One Of America's Greatest Bands! Gabba Gabba Hey! -- 232 total posts 15 posts