The Writers Behind TV’s THE DEAD ZONE Team Plot A New Series Based On Stephen King Novella THE COLORADO KID!!
I am – Hercules!!
Five writers who worked on USA’s “The Dead Zone” -- Scott Shepherd, Lloyd Segan, Shawn Piller, Sam Ernst and Jim Dunn – are working on a new series based on the 2005 Stephen King novella “The Colorado Kid.”
Variety has the project’s title and premise:
Titled "Haven," the project centers on a spooky town in Maine where cursed folk live normal lives in exile. When those curses start returning, FBI agent Audrey Parker is brought in to keep those supernatural forces at bay -- while trying to unravel the mysteries of Haven.
Independent studio E1 is trying to mount the series as an international co-production on the model of “Defying Gravity,” which aired on channels in Germany and Canada in addition to ABC. No American channel has yet been lined up for “Haven.”
Find all of Variety’s story on the matter here.
Follow Herc on Twitter!!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Sept. 28, 2009, 11:05 p.m. CST
Interesting...but aren't there better King properties to hone in on?
Sept. 28, 2009, 11:06 p.m. CST
They've done well in promoting their original programming over the past few years and they stick with a show for a while.
Sept. 28, 2009, 11:19 p.m. CST
by the astroman
...it has nothing at all to do with the King story, then? Why not call it Stephen King's Haven?
Sept. 28, 2009, 11:24 p.m. CST
Because his stories tend to be great in concept. I just really, really hate some of his characters and dialogue.
Sept. 28, 2009, 11:26 p.m. CST
Back to Maine. I'm there.
Sept. 29, 2009, 12:11 a.m. CST
kinda like the clusterfuck we call Runningman?? THAT could use a remake. ever hear about that damon-affleck thing that was a total rip-off of the Long Walk??
Sept. 29, 2009, 1:29 a.m. CST
by Cap'n Jack
The Colorado Kid. I don't know what they're talking about here, but it is NOT The Colorado Kid.
Sept. 29, 2009, 2:20 a.m. CST
Sounds like Stephen King alright, but this has nothing to do with The Colorado Kid. Surprisingly this is one of the few books that don't have any supernatural themes to it.
Sept. 29, 2009, 2:38 a.m. CST
...an entertaining and informative podcast available on iTunes and libsyn. More than the tale of a couple of guys going to LA to follow their dream, it also is a true to life documentary of the ups and downs of being creative with a friend. Although it's been a year since the last update, I highly recommend all 44 episodes. Subscribe, download and listen to them without reading the titles and descriptions - there are some spoilers. Hope they upload a new episode soon!
Sept. 29, 2009, 6:29 a.m. CST
These guys helped ruin an amazing premise in the Dead Zone. They can rot in hell for all I care.
Sept. 29, 2009, 10:05 a.m. CST
You fucking fools. That two hour pilot was fucking awesome. What happened?
Sept. 29, 2009, 2:04 p.m. CST
by Guy Gaduois
the cover picture of the Colorado Kid. Yowsa. <p> Spoiler: didn't the Colorado Kid have a guy showing up dead on one coast with evidence that put him in an impossible time conundrum being basically alive and dead at the same time. I thought the book "The Colorado Kid" title had nothing to do with the story. But I'm easily confused by these things and seeing that illustrated woman on the cover of the book isn't helping my clarity of thought. <p> On another topic, why isn't there any talkbacks about Polanski's possible involuntary return to America? That's never a tiresome discussion and it's not a divisive issue at all. Someone should pull the pin on that grenade and then walk away. Threadkill is an underappreciated art, especially here on Ain't It Incindiary News.
Sept. 29, 2009, 10:17 p.m. CST
...since the book was one of the single worst things I've ever read, I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing.
Sept. 30, 2009, 12:21 a.m. CST
Eureka, Friday the 13th the Series, and Warehouse 13? Okay... As long as you avoided the muddle of the overall storyarc and the weird redemption of the Stillson character, The Dead Zone series wasn't too bad until they kinda just gave up on it halfway through the last season. And anything that gave Strange Luck's Karl Schaefer work can't be too bad. Although he was outta there before the last season crashed and burned.
Sept. 30, 2009, 2:14 p.m. CST
by Grammaton Cleric Binks
only. I've read the book. If any of you haven't I suggest you do. It's a good read. I read King's bio a month or so ago. I forget the details, but after a while of selling rights to his books and seeing awful movies made he came up with a solution. I don't recall the exact details, but he sell them for a low price. I think it was just a dollar even, but I could be wrong. The kicker is he gets full script approval (and director too I think, but I could be wrong) and a portion of the profits. So basiscally he's taking in way less money (like he needs it) but he gets to see his creations come to life how he sees fit. When I saw this I was thinking no wonder the King adapation movies have gotten so much better.
Sept. 30, 2009, 5:07 p.m. CST
Would make an awesome series!
- ‘He’s Worse Than Anybody!!’ Sunday Brings HBO’s Season Finale Of TRUE DETECTIVE!! -- 248 total posts 112 posts
- Harry shares Day 1 of SXSW which stars Jon Favreau's utterly delicious CHEF!!! -- 247 total posts 32 posts
- ‘We Got Six Bullets!!’ Sunday Brings WALKING DEAD 4.13!! -- 95 total posts 17 posts
- Hercules Says RESURRECTION Is Easily The Best Broadcast Pilot Of The 2013-14 Season And ABC’s Best Pilot In Years!! -- 52 total posts 14 posts
- 'We Mustn’t Disappoint Father!!' Check Out The Size Of Dany’s Dragons In The Latest Trailer For GAME OF THRONES Season Four!! -- 13 total posts 13 posts
- Darker ZORRO Reboot Finds its Writer! -- 309 total posts 8 posts
- Jeremy Returns With More Tales From The CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER Set! -- 95 total posts 7 posts
- Spring Forward With Lauren Cohen & Sonequa Martin-Green On TALKING DEAD!! Data Brokers On 60 MINUTES!! The Premieres Of Fox’s COSMOS, Lohan’s LINDSAY & Carolla’s CATCH A CONTRATOR!! The Returns Of BURGERS, SIMPSONS, GUY, ONCE & REVENGE!! New GIRLS, ISLAND, AMAZING, SHAMELESS, FIANCE, WIVES, AX!! KARDASHIANS & LOOKING Finales!! Herc’s Sunday TV Talkback!! -- 9 total posts 6 posts
- Lena Dunham Hosts SNL!! Sagan COSMOS Marathon On NGC!! New UNIVERSE, OUTRAGEOUS ACTS OF SCIENCE & BLACK SAILS!! SWAMP PAWN, RAISING WHITLEY, SCORNED, COPS & CRAZY HEARTS Finales!! Hallmark’s A RING BY SPRING!! Lifetime’s A TRIP TO BOUNTIFUL!! Herc’s Saturday TV Talkback!! -- 37 total posts 6 posts
- Papa Vinyard's Oscar Sunday: MANHATTAN MELODRAMA (1934) -- 5 total posts 5 posts