Live in Chicago? Wanna see Chan-wook Park's vampire epic THIRST? Capone has the details!!!
Hey everyone. Capone in Chicago here. It's difficult to believe that less than a year after the game-changing vampire film LET THE RIGHT ONE IN that the movie gods have given us another radically new look at the world of vampirism from the filmmaker who gave us JOINT SECURITY AREA, LADY VENGEANCE, and the masterpiece OLD BOY. The film in question is Chan-wook Park's THIRST, a vampire movie that strips away all the Gothic nonsense and romantic syrup that has been piled on the world of the blood-thirsty undead and gives us a stark, unflinching look at what would happen if this terrible curse were placed upon a priest who already has guilt issues. Best yet is that I've got a nice handful of tickets to THIRST to give away. The screening of THIRST takes place Thursday, August 13 at 7:30 pm at a theater in Chicago (the exact location will only be given to contest winners). Yes, the screening is THIS week, and I've got 40 passes good for two people each to this event. Here's how to secure a pass good for you and one guest: Send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "I'M THIRSTY!!!" In the body of the email, I need your Name, whether or not you're bringing a Guest (guests' names are not required), and the answer to the following question (read carefully): What movie, TV show, or publication changed the way you look at the world of vampires? I need a title. feel free to add a little blurb defending your choice, but for the love of God, keep your answer BRIEF--75 words or less (no matter how tempted you are to go over the limit). Winners will receive an email from me very, very soon. If there's even the slightest chance you can't make this screening, do not enter this contest. And since this is NOT an exclusive AICN screening, you need to arrive early to make sure you get in. If you don't think you can get there early, do not enter this contest. You are not guaranteed a seat if you don't arrive early. I'm being told the film is not grossly overbooked, but you should still get there early. Did I mention arriving early is good thing? Good luck, everyone! -- Capone email@example.com
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Aug. 11, 2009, 7:02 a.m. CST
Aug. 11, 2009, 7:03 a.m. CST
Encore was necessary...
Aug. 11, 2009, 7:07 a.m. CST
when its a forign language movie with subtitles!!!
Aug. 11, 2009, 7:51 a.m. CST
Aug. 11, 2009, 8:55 a.m. CST
I didnt think let the right one in was that good.
Aug. 11, 2009, 8:56 a.m. CST
you just don't think.
Aug. 11, 2009, 10:11 a.m. CST
Let the hyped one in wasn't that good! for anyone that still hasn't seen it.. LOWER YOUR EXPECTATIONS!!
Aug. 11, 2009, 12:44 p.m. CST
I just hope they don't remake it in 2 years starring Will Smith....poor Oldboy
Aug. 11, 2009, 2:01 p.m. CST
Shit, people here will think it's the best of the year.
Aug. 11, 2009, 9:46 p.m. CST
by Darth Thoth
Pretty good. Not Oldboy but then again what is? You will not be disappointed. Easily one of the better films of 2009. It's a weird movie that only now hours later is starting to really sink in. Chud.com has a pretty good review on it. Enjoy!
Aug. 12, 2009, 3:53 p.m. CST
by Dapper Swindler
Movie is tomorrow
Aug. 12, 2009, 4:36 p.m. CST
where's that list? My friend already received an e-mail. Not I, though. sigh....oh well
Aug. 12, 2009, 5:01 p.m. CST
by Dapper Swindler
Capone's screenings are damaging my fragile self esteem.
- 100 Lucky Ones will see AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 here in Austin on April 30th! -- 51 total posts 51 posts
- ‘I Have Something To Say To The People Of Meereen!!’ The Stormborn Returns For Tonight’s Third GAME OF THRONES Of 2014!! -- 103 total posts 26 posts
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 510 total posts 13 posts
- Papa Vinyard Saw THE HATEFUL EIGHT Script Reading Last Night And Here's His Review! -- 33 total posts 10 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 265 total posts 9 posts
- This Week's Saturday Shorts: Parkour, Compliments, and Getting Pooped on! -- 14 total posts 8 posts
- So, what's Steven Spielberg's slate looking like these days? -- 219 total posts 5 posts
- ‘Why Don’t We Just Start Our Own Agency??’ Sunday Brings One Of The 13 Final MAD MENs!! -- 22 total posts 4 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 333 total posts 4 posts
- AICN HORROR looks at PROXY! THE LASHMAN! 13 SINS! CAMP DREAD! ROULETTE! POSEIDON REX! CONFINE! DEATH DO US PART! PSYCHOPHONY: AN EXPERIMENT IN EVIL! MONSTERS TV Series! HOWLS! & WOLF CREEK 2! -- 11 total posts 3 posts