AICN COMICS: SDCC Report - Ambush Bug hosts Friday Horror Comics/Film Event!!!
Hey folks, Ambush Bug here, hip deep in chaos at the San Diego Comic Con. The festivities are about to begin, but I just wanted to toss out a reminder that I’ll be hosting a Horror Comics/Film panel Friday night, July 24, from 6:30-7:30 in Room 30 AB at the Convention Center.
This will be a rare look into horror comics and film. I’ll be talking horror with Marv Wolfman (creator of BLADE, writer of TOMB OF DRACULA, TEEN TITANS, & VIGILANTE), Kevin Grievoux (co-writer, actor in UNDERWORLD), Tim Seely (creator of HACK/SLASH, soon to be adapted into a film by Rogue pictures), Whitley Strieber (writer/creator of COMMUNION & THE NYE INCIDENTS), Todd Lincoln (director/producer of THE NYE INCIDENTS & writer/director of THE APPARITION at Dark Castle / Warner Bros), Jeff Katz (writer of FREDDY VS JASON VS ASH), Steven C. Miller (writer/director of AUTOMATION TRANSFUSION), and Ryan Schifrin (creator of SPOOKS). It’s all been coordinated and put together by Peter Katz and hosted by me!
I can’t wait for the event and if you like horror, you shouldn’t miss this panel. But if you do miss it, fret not. The panel will be videoed and posted on AICN in the near future (plus I believe it’ll be Twittered as well). And if you all have any questions you want me to ask the panel, tap them out in the Talkbacks and I’ll try to pass on a few of the best ones to the panel.
On my way to Premiere Night, so I gotta git, but I hope to see you all on Friday!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
July 22, 2009, 8:25 p.m. CST
July 22, 2009, 8:27 p.m. CST
cliches, poor acting, and high percentage failure at the very thing it is supposed to accomplish.
July 22, 2009, 8:38 p.m. CST
...I dont wanna know
July 22, 2009, 8:43 p.m. CST
I'm sick of parody, I'm looking at you Zombieland.
July 22, 2009, 8:59 p.m. CST
I love that hokey cheesy fun movie. And that last shot, well it promised more dagnabbit!
July 22, 2009, 9 p.m. CST
from the Horror genre. Go catch a disease, or a leprechaun. In space.
July 22, 2009, 9:09 p.m. CST
July 22, 2009, 10:34 p.m. CST
filled with sexy space bitches. Fuck, the horror "genre" writes itself.
July 22, 2009, 11:29 p.m. CST
by Spifftacular Squirrel Girl
Especially because of "cliches, poor acting, and high percentage of failure"? That could be tacked onto any genre of movie besides horror.
July 23, 2009, 12:36 a.m. CST
Obviously someone hasn't seen "Let the Right One In".
July 23, 2009, 1:10 a.m. CST
http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/16823 Find out more about that!
July 23, 2009, 2:14 a.m. CST
July 23, 2009, 2:16 a.m. CST
How would a 12 year old and kiddie looking vampire evade police detection after the final murders? By travelling on train together? Wouldn't they get busted within 96 hours no matter where they went, because they left a witness ALIVE at the murder scene? FAIL.
July 23, 2009, 2:44 a.m. CST
Who says they left him alive? We only saw him alive in the last shot, not what happens after that. <p> And besides, who says you have to take the movie literally. Maybe it was all just a fantasy by Oskar and Elie was a figment of his imagination...
July 23, 2009, 2:45 a.m. CST
90% crap, 10% good.
July 23, 2009, 6:56 a.m. CST
The old figment of the imagination line, the last refuge of a deluded fan boy who can't deal with their beloved "master piece" having major flaws.
July 23, 2009, 12:14 p.m. CST
...to Gore Shriek? It was my favorite horror comic growing up, which probably explains a lot.
July 23, 2009, 4:55 p.m. CST
That is one of the things the director implied. He mentions it in several interviews.
July 23, 2009, 6:08 p.m. CST
But their are cliches, bad acting and failure to maintain tone in all genres. And as Conti pointed out, there are a small percentage of these movies that stand out, with original concepts, sincere performances, and, yeah, even some good old atmosphere of dread. It may not be everyone's cup of tea, but for some of us, it's worth sifting through all the nuggets to find the occasional gem.
- Nordling Reviews STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS! Spoilers Abound! You Are Warned! -- 622 total posts 390 posts
- The big screen adaptation of ASSASSIN'S CREED has been given a release date!!! -- 125 total posts 111 posts
- Harry gets seriously geeky on the very geeky cool STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS! Can't wait for the next one! & See this again! -- 1418 total posts 71 posts
- Capone reviews STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS and considers the art of messing with canon and why it doesn't bother him!!! -- 460 total posts 68 posts
- AVENGERS 2 might be filming in SOUTH AFRICA, does this mean that Black Panther is going to be a part of the action!?! -- 309 total posts 63 posts
- Mr. Beaks Reviews STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS! -- 1112 total posts 53 posts
- Did you guys like RED 2? Oh it's not out yet, well who cares?? Get ready for RED 3 anyways!!! -- 98 total posts 41 posts
- ‘I Am Not Fucking Like You!!’ The 3-Minute Trailer For The Rampling-Enhanced Final Season Of DEXTER!! -- 80 total posts 38 posts
- UPDATE The Friday Docback Calls 'The Name of the Doctor'!! DOCTOR WHO's S7 Finale Arrives This Weekend!! Now With Glen's Ultra-Brief, SPOILER FREE MiniReview!! -- 100 total posts 35 posts
- Christopher Nolan maybe, could be, might be, directing the next BOND film!?!?! -- 503 total posts 28 posts