Here's A Randy Lil' Red-Band Clip To Help Sell You On THE GOODS: LIVE HARD, SELL HARD!
Given the cast and the behind-the-camera talent involved, I'm ready to roll THE GOODS: LIVE HARD, SELL HARD straight off the lot without a test drive. Directed by Neal Brennan (co-creator of CHAPPELLE'S SHOW) and produced by Will Ferrell and Adam McKay (huge Steven Bauer fans), this looks like an attempt to revive the car salesman comedy - which, now that I think about it, hasn't exactly thrived over the last thirty years. There's USED CARS (classic), CADILLAC MAN (pretty damn good) and... anything else?
Jeremy Piven is a spot-on choice for a venal Roy L. Fuchs type, but I'm just as excited about the supporting cast with which they've surrounded him: Ed Helms, Ken Jeong, Tony Hale, Ving Rhames, the incomparable Charles Napier... all capable men. And then there's the lady: Kathryn Hahn. Probably best known for her brusque romancing of John C. Reilly in STEP BROTHERS, Hahn seems like she's one scene-stealing role away from a major breakthrough. Will it come courtesy of THE GOODS? Let's watch her work (with the great Ian Roberts)...
THE GOODS: LIVE HARD, SELL HARD opens nationwide on August 14th.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
July 21, 2009, 7:45 p.m. CST
by Captain Hollywood
Not amazing, but it's funny enough.
July 21, 2009, 7:46 p.m. CST
Nice to see the Upright Citizen's Brigade guys popping up in a lot of stuff. Ian Roberts is hilarious in this clip.
July 21, 2009, 7:47 p.m. CST
Ari Gold: Yellin' at People with Smaller Paychecks.
July 21, 2009, 7:53 p.m. CST
I don't wanna see him as a headline act.
July 21, 2009, 7:59 p.m. CST
Another failed comedy produced by a talentless "comedian" and a talentless "director".
July 21, 2009, 8:04 p.m. CST
Great movie news!
July 21, 2009, 8:05 p.m. CST
Did Kevin Smith direct this?
July 21, 2009, 8:05 p.m. CST
July 21, 2009, 8:22 p.m. CST
and be good in another.
July 21, 2009, 8:33 p.m. CST
by mr. smith
and has done for many many years. "Ever try to eat corn on the cob with NO FUCKING TEETH?"
July 21, 2009, 8:42 p.m. CST
by Mullah Omar
That is not hyperbole. <br> <br> If I have to judge the film on that clip, then it will be a sucking vortex of anti-comedy. <br> <br> Next time you mention USED CARS, make sure it is in reference to a comedy rather than a lecture series.
July 21, 2009, 9 p.m. CST
by The InSneider
sucked. don't watch it. i really hope the goods is better than this...
July 21, 2009, 9:01 p.m. CST
July 21, 2009, 9:05 p.m. CST
will see this, on dvd.
July 21, 2009, 9:17 p.m. CST
July 21, 2009, 9:18 p.m. CST
When Will Ferrell was making Anchorman this site posted someone's script review of Ferrell and McKay's used car salesman movie. I'm assuming this is the same film, correct?
July 21, 2009, 9:33 p.m. CST
what a tool
July 21, 2009, 9:43 p.m. CST
That's the one to go with. The other just reminded me of the Derrick Comedy youtube thing, you know, the Mystery Team folks.
July 21, 2009, 9:58 p.m. CST
And repeated props for Zemeckis' 1980 cult classic!
July 21, 2009, 10:03 p.m. CST
He is the man! No one plays anger into comedy better than Ian Roberts. One of the few people who can make you laugh as he is murdering you.
July 21, 2009, 11:01 p.m. CST
Is the funniest woman in Hollywood that no one knows about yet. She is fucking hilarious.
July 21, 2009, 11:43 p.m. CST
Now I know what Six Demon Bag looks like!
July 21, 2009, 11:52 p.m. CST
This clip sucks harder than Jeremy Piven's excuses.
July 22, 2009, 12:18 a.m. CST
by otm shank
I know. I've worked in it for 16 years.
July 22, 2009, 12:35 a.m. CST
He's really not that funny.
July 22, 2009, 12:48 a.m. CST
Somehow I misread this entire thread and thought this was another "Funny People" viral video. Bizarre. I retract everything I said because its completely unrelated to the real topic at hand: Katherin Hahn's boobs.
July 22, 2009, 1:54 a.m. CST
I'm sick of this Will Ferrell-brand comedy. God dammit. Talladega Nights was a turd, and Dewey Cox had its moments but in the end wasn't all that much better. This one will end up in the bargain bin at Wal-Mart in a year and a half.
July 22, 2009, 1:57 a.m. CST
July 22, 2009, 4:02 a.m. CST
after Entourage, he's fucked. May as well dig his grave and place down the tombstone with the name 'Ari Gold' on it.
- Hold off, Aaron Cross: Matt Damon's back as Jason Bourne! -- 146 total posts 32 posts
- Check out this MASSIVE new HOBBIT: BATTLE OF THE FIVE ARMIES banner!! -- 177 total posts 22 posts
- SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE Hires 20-Year-Old Cast Member!! -- 50 total posts 19 posts
- Copernicus is really pissed about the Stephen Hawking biopic THE THEORY OF EVERYTHING that he saw at TIFF -- 129 total posts 19 posts
- Scott Glenn Joins Charlie Cox, Vincent D’Onofrio, Rosario Dawson, Elden Henson and Deborah Ann Woll For Netflix’s DAREDEVIL Series!! -- 58 total posts 15 posts
- Here come a remake that will really make you feel old - Sony is fast tracking a remake to I KNOW WHAT YOU DID LAST SUMMER! -- 99 total posts 15 posts
- The New Trailer For THE HUNGER GAMES: MOCKINGJAY PART 1 Hints That The Movie Is Freakin’ Huge!! -- 265 total posts 12 posts
- Looks like they got the right Mann to play Audrey Griswald in the VACATION update! -- 92 total posts 10 posts
- New Poster for V/H/S: VIRAL!!! -- 25 total posts 8 posts
- Adam Wingard and Simon Barrett to take on I SAW THE DEVIL REMAKE!!!!!!!! -- 50 total posts 6 posts