Here's A Randy Lil' Red-Band Clip To Help Sell You On THE GOODS: LIVE HARD, SELL HARD!
Given the cast and the behind-the-camera talent involved, I'm ready to roll THE GOODS: LIVE HARD, SELL HARD straight off the lot without a test drive. Directed by Neal Brennan (co-creator of CHAPPELLE'S SHOW) and produced by Will Ferrell and Adam McKay (huge Steven Bauer fans), this looks like an attempt to revive the car salesman comedy - which, now that I think about it, hasn't exactly thrived over the last thirty years. There's USED CARS (classic), CADILLAC MAN (pretty damn good) and... anything else?
Jeremy Piven is a spot-on choice for a venal Roy L. Fuchs type, but I'm just as excited about the supporting cast with which they've surrounded him: Ed Helms, Ken Jeong, Tony Hale, Ving Rhames, the incomparable Charles Napier... all capable men. And then there's the lady: Kathryn Hahn. Probably best known for her brusque romancing of John C. Reilly in STEP BROTHERS, Hahn seems like she's one scene-stealing role away from a major breakthrough. Will it come courtesy of THE GOODS? Let's watch her work (with the great Ian Roberts)...
THE GOODS: LIVE HARD, SELL HARD opens nationwide on August 14th.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
July 21, 2009, 7:45 p.m. CST
by Captain Hollywood
Not amazing, but it's funny enough.
July 21, 2009, 7:46 p.m. CST
Nice to see the Upright Citizen's Brigade guys popping up in a lot of stuff. Ian Roberts is hilarious in this clip.
July 21, 2009, 7:47 p.m. CST
Ari Gold: Yellin' at People with Smaller Paychecks.
July 21, 2009, 7:53 p.m. CST
I don't wanna see him as a headline act.
July 21, 2009, 7:59 p.m. CST
Another failed comedy produced by a talentless "comedian" and a talentless "director".
July 21, 2009, 8:04 p.m. CST
Great movie news!
July 21, 2009, 8:05 p.m. CST
Did Kevin Smith direct this?
July 21, 2009, 8:05 p.m. CST
July 21, 2009, 8:22 p.m. CST
and be good in another.
July 21, 2009, 8:33 p.m. CST
by mr. smith
and has done for many many years. "Ever try to eat corn on the cob with NO FUCKING TEETH?"
July 21, 2009, 8:42 p.m. CST
by Mullah Omar
That is not hyperbole. <br> <br> If I have to judge the film on that clip, then it will be a sucking vortex of anti-comedy. <br> <br> Next time you mention USED CARS, make sure it is in reference to a comedy rather than a lecture series.
July 21, 2009, 9 p.m. CST
by The InSneider
sucked. don't watch it. i really hope the goods is better than this...
July 21, 2009, 9:01 p.m. CST
July 21, 2009, 9:05 p.m. CST
will see this, on dvd.
July 21, 2009, 9:17 p.m. CST
July 21, 2009, 9:18 p.m. CST
When Will Ferrell was making Anchorman this site posted someone's script review of Ferrell and McKay's used car salesman movie. I'm assuming this is the same film, correct?
July 21, 2009, 9:33 p.m. CST
what a tool
July 21, 2009, 9:43 p.m. CST
That's the one to go with. The other just reminded me of the Derrick Comedy youtube thing, you know, the Mystery Team folks.
July 21, 2009, 9:58 p.m. CST
And repeated props for Zemeckis' 1980 cult classic!
July 21, 2009, 10:03 p.m. CST
He is the man! No one plays anger into comedy better than Ian Roberts. One of the few people who can make you laugh as he is murdering you.
July 21, 2009, 11:01 p.m. CST
Is the funniest woman in Hollywood that no one knows about yet. She is fucking hilarious.
July 21, 2009, 11:43 p.m. CST
Now I know what Six Demon Bag looks like!
July 21, 2009, 11:52 p.m. CST
This clip sucks harder than Jeremy Piven's excuses.
July 22, 2009, 12:18 a.m. CST
by otm shank
I know. I've worked in it for 16 years.
July 22, 2009, 12:35 a.m. CST
He's really not that funny.
July 22, 2009, 12:48 a.m. CST
Somehow I misread this entire thread and thought this was another "Funny People" viral video. Bizarre. I retract everything I said because its completely unrelated to the real topic at hand: Katherin Hahn's boobs.
July 22, 2009, 1:54 a.m. CST
I'm sick of this Will Ferrell-brand comedy. God dammit. Talladega Nights was a turd, and Dewey Cox had its moments but in the end wasn't all that much better. This one will end up in the bargain bin at Wal-Mart in a year and a half.
July 22, 2009, 1:57 a.m. CST
July 22, 2009, 4:02 a.m. CST
after Entourage, he's fucked. May as well dig his grave and place down the tombstone with the name 'Ari Gold' on it.
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 479 total posts 198 posts
- HERCULES ON THE RADIO!! Learn What Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Thinks Of The First Jack Bauer 24 Adventure Since 2010!! Plus GAME OF THRONES, MAD MEN, HANNIBAL, AGENTS OF SHIELD, And More!! And The Return Of FX MOVIE DOWNLOAD Star Sasha Perl-Raver!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 8pm PT / 11pm ET!! -- 299 total posts 149 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 328 total posts 82 posts
- ‘I Have Something To Say To The People Of Meereen!!’ The Stormborn Returns For Tonight’s Third GAME OF THRONES Of 2014!! -- 56 total posts 56 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 255 total posts 35 posts
- Watch the Opening 3 Minutes of Joss Whedon's IN YOUR EYES! -- 223 total posts 33 posts
- Does This X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST International Poster Get you X-Cited?? -- 590 total posts 24 posts
- Papa Vinyard Saw THE HATEFUL EIGHT Script Reading Last Night And Here's His Review! -- 21 total posts 21 posts
- ‘Why Don’t We Just Start Our Own Agency??’ Sunday Brings One Of The 13 Final MAD MENs!! -- 16 total posts 16 posts
- So, what's Steven Spielberg's slate looking like these days? -- 208 total posts 15 posts