Here's A Randy Lil' Red-Band Clip To Help Sell You On THE GOODS: LIVE HARD, SELL HARD!
Given the cast and the behind-the-camera talent involved, I'm ready to roll THE GOODS: LIVE HARD, SELL HARD straight off the lot without a test drive. Directed by Neal Brennan (co-creator of CHAPPELLE'S SHOW) and produced by Will Ferrell and Adam McKay (huge Steven Bauer fans), this looks like an attempt to revive the car salesman comedy - which, now that I think about it, hasn't exactly thrived over the last thirty years. There's USED CARS (classic), CADILLAC MAN (pretty damn good) and... anything else?
Jeremy Piven is a spot-on choice for a venal Roy L. Fuchs type, but I'm just as excited about the supporting cast with which they've surrounded him: Ed Helms, Ken Jeong, Tony Hale, Ving Rhames, the incomparable Charles Napier... all capable men. And then there's the lady: Kathryn Hahn. Probably best known for her brusque romancing of John C. Reilly in STEP BROTHERS, Hahn seems like she's one scene-stealing role away from a major breakthrough. Will it come courtesy of THE GOODS? Let's watch her work (with the great Ian Roberts)...
THE GOODS: LIVE HARD, SELL HARD opens nationwide on August 14th.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
July 21, 2009, 7:45 p.m. CST
by Captain Hollywood
Not amazing, but it's funny enough.
July 21, 2009, 7:46 p.m. CST
Nice to see the Upright Citizen's Brigade guys popping up in a lot of stuff. Ian Roberts is hilarious in this clip.
July 21, 2009, 7:47 p.m. CST
Ari Gold: Yellin' at People with Smaller Paychecks.
July 21, 2009, 7:53 p.m. CST
I don't wanna see him as a headline act.
July 21, 2009, 7:59 p.m. CST
Another failed comedy produced by a talentless "comedian" and a talentless "director".
July 21, 2009, 8:04 p.m. CST
Great movie news!
July 21, 2009, 8:05 p.m. CST
Did Kevin Smith direct this?
July 21, 2009, 8:05 p.m. CST
July 21, 2009, 8:22 p.m. CST
and be good in another.
July 21, 2009, 8:33 p.m. CST
by mr. smith
and has done for many many years. "Ever try to eat corn on the cob with NO FUCKING TEETH?"
July 21, 2009, 8:42 p.m. CST
by Mullah Omar
That is not hyperbole. <br> <br> If I have to judge the film on that clip, then it will be a sucking vortex of anti-comedy. <br> <br> Next time you mention USED CARS, make sure it is in reference to a comedy rather than a lecture series.
July 21, 2009, 9 p.m. CST
by The InSneider
sucked. don't watch it. i really hope the goods is better than this...
July 21, 2009, 9:01 p.m. CST
July 21, 2009, 9:05 p.m. CST
will see this, on dvd.
July 21, 2009, 9:17 p.m. CST
July 21, 2009, 9:18 p.m. CST
When Will Ferrell was making Anchorman this site posted someone's script review of Ferrell and McKay's used car salesman movie. I'm assuming this is the same film, correct?
July 21, 2009, 9:33 p.m. CST
what a tool
July 21, 2009, 9:43 p.m. CST
That's the one to go with. The other just reminded me of the Derrick Comedy youtube thing, you know, the Mystery Team folks.
July 21, 2009, 9:58 p.m. CST
And repeated props for Zemeckis' 1980 cult classic!
July 21, 2009, 10:03 p.m. CST
He is the man! No one plays anger into comedy better than Ian Roberts. One of the few people who can make you laugh as he is murdering you.
July 21, 2009, 11:01 p.m. CST
Is the funniest woman in Hollywood that no one knows about yet. She is fucking hilarious.
July 21, 2009, 11:43 p.m. CST
Now I know what Six Demon Bag looks like!
July 21, 2009, 11:52 p.m. CST
This clip sucks harder than Jeremy Piven's excuses.
July 22, 2009, 12:18 a.m. CST
by otm shank
I know. I've worked in it for 16 years.
July 22, 2009, 12:35 a.m. CST
He's really not that funny.
July 22, 2009, 12:48 a.m. CST
Somehow I misread this entire thread and thought this was another "Funny People" viral video. Bizarre. I retract everything I said because its completely unrelated to the real topic at hand: Katherin Hahn's boobs.
July 22, 2009, 1:54 a.m. CST
I'm sick of this Will Ferrell-brand comedy. God dammit. Talladega Nights was a turd, and Dewey Cox had its moments but in the end wasn't all that much better. This one will end up in the bargain bin at Wal-Mart in a year and a half.
July 22, 2009, 1:57 a.m. CST
July 22, 2009, 4:02 a.m. CST
after Entourage, he's fucked. May as well dig his grave and place down the tombstone with the name 'Ari Gold' on it.
- SDCC '14: Quint talks about the surprisingly good 5-ish minutes of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles shown at the Con! -- 74 total posts 74 posts
- SDCC '14: Another snap of Batfleck from BATMAN V SUPERMAN! -- 302 total posts 73 posts
- Mark Hamill referred to his beard for STAR WARS: EPISODE VII as "contractually-obligated"!! Does that confirm what we've been hearing?? -- 245 total posts 60 posts
- FIFTY SHADES OF GREY Trailer Is Like Daaaaayuuuuuuum! -- 299 total posts 52 posts
- SDCC '14: Quint has seen the new Interstellar trailer! Plus The Rock and Spongebob stuff! -- 49 total posts 49 posts
- "This is a classic alternate reality situation...like FRINGE!" Get wet with the red-band trailer for HOT TUB TIME MACHINE 2! -- 101 total posts 48 posts
- There's a new awesome filming location for STAR WARS 7!!! -- 246 total posts 13 posts
- The Bat Cowl from BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE is in the hall! -- 287 total posts 12 posts
- Check Out this New Poster for HORNS! -- 36 total posts 9 posts
- AICN Austin's GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Screening at Alamo Lakeline is set! Come join the fun! -- 64 total posts 7 posts