Live in Chicago? Want to be the first to see the sci-fi greatness of MOON, starring Sam Rockwell? Capone has the details!!!
Hey everyone. Capone in Chicago here. One of the biggest and best surprises for me at this year's SXSW Film Festival was Duncan Jones' superb one-man, science fiction tale MOON, starring Sam Rockwell and the voice of Kevin Spacey. MOON is simply put one of the best science fiction films I've seen in the last five years, but it's so unlike anything else I've seen in this genre that I'm not sure it's fair to compare. The film plays out like great sci-fi literature, and now I'm ready to show the film to the people of Chicago. We've got 200 seats to fill, so let's get to it. And I'm going to say at this point, that if you've decided to enter this contest and don't know that much about the film yet, leave it that way. The less you know about the plot of MOON, the better the experience of watching it will be. This exclusive AICN screening of MOON takes place Monday, June 15 at 6:30 pm at a theater in downtown Chicago (the exact location will only be given to contest winners). PLEASE NOTE THE EARLIER-THAN-NORMAL START TIME! If you have trouble getting to a 7:00 pm screening, don’t even think about entering this contest, even though it would totally be worth it. Here's how to secure a pass good for you and one guest (if you stray from any portion of this, your entry will get tossed in the rubbish pile): Send me an email at email@example.com with the subject line "MOON ME!" In the body of the email, I need your Name, whether or not you're bringing a Guest (guests' names are not required), and the answer to the following question (read carefully): Tell me the name of the film, TV show, or book that forever turned you on to science fiction. You can provide a short explanation if you wish (it would probably help), but I'm talking about science fiction that transformed you and the way you think about storytelling, technology, the future, etc. I’m talking about science fiction that not only blew your mind, but also opened it. Keep your answer BRIEF--75 words or less. Winners will receive an email from me before the end of the week. Good luck, everyone! Hope to see you there. -- Capone firstname.lastname@example.org
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
June 8, 2009, 9:10 a.m. CST
June 8, 2009, 9:11 a.m. CST
in green mile
June 8, 2009, 9:12 a.m. CST
June 8, 2009, 9:14 a.m. CST
"Guy, you have last name"! "DO I?! DO I?!" Well, Sam's in space again, so I hope this doesn't give us Galaxy Quest flashbacks. Somehow, I'm completely unable to muster any enthusiasm about this thing whatsoever. So it's basically like, "The Shining", except on the Moon, right? Yep, that's original...
June 8, 2009, 9:15 a.m. CST
June 8, 2009, 9:15 a.m. CST
canada wants free movies too please
June 8, 2009, 9:18 a.m. CST
June 8, 2009, 9:26 a.m. CST
June 8, 2009, 9:29 a.m. CST
wish i was in chicago this week
June 8, 2009, 9:52 a.m. CST
Im in new york but cant get to chicago..im new to this site,harry write's pretty good....great comments...keep it up...any body here of jaws remake...sick of remakes...allmovienews.net broke that story...site sucks,no comment..but good writing..But ill stay here..
June 8, 2009, 10 a.m. CST
David Carradine was killed by Kung Fu assassins.
June 8, 2009, 10:01 a.m. CST
It is probably very well made but it is likely not very entertaining. Yes, I have to be entertained. I always use Master and Commander as an example with this subject. It's a very well made movie, but also very boring and not exactly fun to watch.
June 8, 2009, 10:14 a.m. CST
June 8, 2009, 10:39 a.m. CST
by Nice Marmot
June 8, 2009, 1 p.m. CST
Hope I qualify.
June 8, 2009, 1:27 p.m. CST
of a 40-year old Twilight Zone episode wherein Jack Klugman and Ross Martin see duplicates of themselves crashed on a distant planet, turning into a "Flying Dutchman" scenario.
June 8, 2009, 2:17 p.m. CST
THAT WOULD TRULY BE A GENRE RE-DEFINING MOMENT. OTHERWISE, IN ALL HONESTY, THIS LOOKS LIKE A SERIES OF BAD OUTTAKES FROM 2001.
June 8, 2009, 2:17 p.m. CST
June 8, 2009, 2:18 p.m. CST
FUCK ME. TOTAL SEXY NESS. I HOPE THEY WONT CHANGE THE DESIGN OF THE EAGLES AT ALL. SERIOUSLY.
June 8, 2009, 3:25 p.m. CST
Ah yes, "Death Ship"...I believe it was actually going to be turned into a big-screen version a few years back called "Countdown", but that seems to have been "aborted", as it were...the original was creepy if a bit overly-long in the style of most TZ Season 4 episodes...still great, of course.
June 8, 2009, 3:33 p.m. CST
I'm surprised at all the hate for this here. Many critics are calling it the best sci-fi film in years. You'd think the people that frequent this site would have interest in such a thing...
June 8, 2009, 3:34 p.m. CST
by The Boz
He doesn't like one man shows, except for HIS OWN! Plus ZERO FOREVER!
June 8, 2009, 6:45 p.m. CST
I came here specifically to do the M-O-O-N joke... now not only has it been pre-empted, this whole thread seems dead. Oh well, may as well do it:
June 8, 2009, 6:46 p.m. CST
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 479 total posts 198 posts
- HERCULES ON THE RADIO!! Learn What Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Thinks Of The First Jack Bauer 24 Adventure Since 2010!! Plus GAME OF THRONES, MAD MEN, HANNIBAL, AGENTS OF SHIELD, And More!! And The Return Of FX MOVIE DOWNLOAD Star Sasha Perl-Raver!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 8pm PT / 11pm ET!! -- 299 total posts 149 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 328 total posts 82 posts
- ‘I Have Something To Say To The People Of Meereen!!’ The Stormborn Returns For Tonight’s Third GAME OF THRONES Of 2014!! -- 56 total posts 56 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 255 total posts 35 posts
- Watch the Opening 3 Minutes of Joss Whedon's IN YOUR EYES! -- 223 total posts 33 posts
- Does This X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST International Poster Get you X-Cited?? -- 590 total posts 24 posts
- Papa Vinyard Saw THE HATEFUL EIGHT Script Reading Last Night And Here's His Review! -- 21 total posts 21 posts
- ‘Why Don’t We Just Start Our Own Agency??’ Sunday Brings One Of The 13 Final MAD MENs!! -- 16 total posts 16 posts
- So, what's Steven Spielberg's slate looking like these days? -- 208 total posts 15 posts