SUPERNATURAL Finale!! Don’t Forget About That Hot Winchester Boys Thread In AICN’s The Zone!!
I am – Hercules!!
Just because I don’t watch The CW’s “Supernatural” (and therefore have little to say about it) doesn’t mean AICN readers aren’t discussing it elsewhere on AICN!
For all you “Supernatural” fans, especially the vocal ones who speculate the CW drama could be better than “Lost,” “Buffy,” “Twin Peaks,” “The Twilight Zone,” “The Prisoner” and “The Wire” combined, I want to throw a little love at its ballooning thread in AICN’s The Zone, which has garnered more posts IN THE LAST 30 DAYS than it has DURING THE PRIOR FOUR YEARS – thanks in large part to all the hard work by longtime talkbacker Shermdawg and his Winchester-loving cronies.
Here’s Shermdawg's latest post in The Zone:
And tonight brings the fourth season of the CW's demon slaying cult hit to a close with 'Lucifer Rising'.
I'm gonna be honest, things haven't been all that consistent involving the season long buildup of last week's meltdown of the brothers Winchester. And Sam's vampiric addiction to demon blood has culminated in some of the most awkwardly handled scenes in the show's history. Also the loss of Executive Producer/Director Kim Manners (Rest in Peace), Katie Cassidy (Is she still alive on Harper's Island?), and the absence of Jim Beaver's Bobby (Is he still alive on Harper's Island?), as well as the cutback of the classic rock tunage, have taken their toll on the series this year.
Now even though it may not have been as strong as Season Three, it's still delivered some of the most memorable moments yet, including...
*Dean on a mission from God.
*Sam doing his best Shang Tsung impersonation.
*The debut of Misha Collin's Castiel.
*The return of Mrs.B.
*Ted Raimi bringing about the wrath of Todd and leading a teddy to suicide.
*The best titled episode ever with 'Criss Angel is a Douchebag'.
*A probable Bauer approved 'On the Head of a Pin', one of the show's all-time best.
*A prophet by the name of Chuck.
*A potential cousin Oliver situation.
*And Ackles displaying his 'Eye of the Tiger'.
Last week we saw the Winchester boys throw down after Sam escaped his demon blood detoxification and revealed that he was gonna take matters into his own hands in killing head demon bitch Lilith (no, not Frasier's) on terms that his brother wouldn't approve of, before she broke the 66th and final seal that will unleash Armageddon.
Will that lead to an all-out Angel vs. Demon Winchester family feud? Will the man downstairs make an appearance? And will he look like that guy that had that sweet harpoon mounted pickup? I mean, you can't have two Satans running around on one network, can ya???
Here's what the CW says...
The apocalypse is coming, and Sam (Jared Padalecki) and Dean (Jensen Ackles) prepare for the fight in very different ways. Sam joins Ruby (Genevieve Cortese) on a final run to kill Lilith (guest star Katherine Boecher), while Castiel (Misha Collins) and Zachariah (guest star Kurt Fuller) tell Dean it's time to play his part in stopping Lucifer.
Eric Kripke wrote and directed the episode.
Find the rest of the "Supernatural" thread here!
9 p.m. Thursday. The CW.
Follow Herc on Twitter!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- HBO Greenlights New Class Warfare Miniseries From THE WIRE Mastermind David Simon!! -- 55 total posts 19 posts
- Alex Kurtzman (as in Kurtzman and Orci) to direct the MUMMY reboot...yay?!! -- 111 total posts 12 posts
- New Trailer For Christopher Nolan's INTERSTELLAR Is Here! Let's Light This Candle! -- 251 total posts 6 posts
- Find Out How E.T. Nearly Killed Video Games In Trailer For Zak Penn's Documentary, ATARI: GAME OVER! -- 361 total posts 5 posts
- Trailer for NIGHT AT THE MUSEUM 3...yeah, you're welcome! -- 164 total posts 3 posts
- KILL BILL: THE WHOLE BLOODY AFFAIR to get a limited theatrical release in 2015?! -- 284 total posts 3 posts
- Is a New TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE Film in the Works? -- 32 total posts 3 posts
- Jeremy Talks GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY, ANT-MAN And Comic Con With Kevin Feige! -- 141 total posts 3 posts
- New Images Invite You INTO THE WOODS! -- 41 total posts 3 posts
- First Poster for THE HATEFUL EIGHT Arrives, Confirming 2015 Release! -- 126 total posts 3 posts