Jason Patric to be an evil mastermind in THE LOSERS?
Hey folks, Harry here... A little bird flew into my Blackberry and whispered to me of a new and exciting development with the upcoming adaptation of Vertigo's LOSERS! Sylvain White is directing and thus far the announced cast has Jeffrey Dean Morgan as CLAY, Zoe Saldana as AISHA, Idris Elba as ROQUE and Columbus Short as POOCH... But anyone that is familiar with the comic - well, the curious part of it all is who would be right for the criminal mastermind that toys with the LOSERS - my source says it is JASON PATRIC - which is really good news - as Jason is as perfect as they come! I just hope that they don't do something stupid like kill him by the end of the first film - as is traditional with villains of long running series when adapted into a feature. The word I hear is that this will be announced around Tuesday of this week. But you heard it here first, I think. Harry out
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
May 9, 2009, 8:27 p.m. CST
Jason Patrick = LOST BOYS = awesome.
May 9, 2009, 8:28 p.m. CST
or am I wrong?
May 9, 2009, 8:32 p.m. CST
Hm..must have missed that Hollywood tradition.
May 9, 2009, 8:33 p.m. CST
by nolan bautista
..in a cameo
May 9, 2009, 8:35 p.m. CST
by nolan bautista
..i thought it was a remake of the '70s film
May 9, 2009, 8:48 p.m. CST
Give me Captain Storm, Johnny Cloud, Sarge and Gunner! And maybe a cameo by the Haunted Tank!
May 9, 2009, 8:50 p.m. CST
May 9, 2009, 9:09 p.m. CST
May 9, 2009, 10:01 p.m. CST
Yup. Believe it:) <br><br> Great cast so far. I hear that Sylvian is a protégé of Michel Gondry so, I'm hoping for his 'A' game. He's got an eye for imagery.<br><br>Plus Jason Patric is brilliant in "Narc".
May 9, 2009, 10:03 p.m. CST
Have you read the Vertigo book? Andy Diggle is quite good.<br>By the way have you seen 'Narc'?
May 9, 2009, 11:20 p.m. CST
but I just can't quite see Jason Patric in the villain role - I keep picturing Jeffrey Dean Morgan as 'Max' (although that could just be a holdover from 'Watchmen').
May 9, 2009, 11:38 p.m. CST
"Reservoir Dogs meets The A-Team" is how I'd describe it...
May 9, 2009, 11:42 p.m. CST
imdb says Jeremy Renner is also cast...
May 10, 2009, 1:37 a.m. CST
...how much I loved him in Rush, but I'm afraid that if I even mention it someone from Hollywood might get a bright idea to remake it and I don't want to be responsible for that. So I'll just say he was great in that one drug/cop movie that shall remain unmentioned.
May 10, 2009, 1:59 a.m. CST
Imagine my disappointment when I read the second talkback post, went back, and realised that yes, it's the guy from Speed 2 and not the guy who has played great bad guys in Potter and The Patriot. :(
May 10, 2009, 4:32 a.m. CST
Jason apologized publicly for making Speed 2. He called it something like temporary insanity. He did Narc... please... tell me which other actor looks like Jason and would play a cop who is so fucked up on drugs that he accidentally shoots and kills a pregnant ladies baby.... the baby she's carrying. Nobody. Narc redeems the sin of Speed 2.
May 10, 2009, 7:10 a.m. CST
Sylvain White? Is there any reason to think he won't fuck it up? I say this as a big fan of Diggle's book - I have no faith in this project whatsoever. Did White direct some sort of criminal masterpiece that everyone saw while I wasn't looking?
May 10, 2009, 7:32 a.m. CST
Imo. Glad they're taking the time casting him anyway as he's far and away the best character.
May 10, 2009, 10:39 a.m. CST
Is there any actor who's ass you don't kiss?
May 10, 2009, 11:23 a.m. CST
by Julius Dithers
Maybe you don't like Neil LaBute movies. Which have Ben Stiller in them. But if you saw it, you can't deny that Jason Patric played an evil, EVIL prick in that movie. And he was awesome.
May 10, 2009, 1:08 p.m. CST
Your wife. But of course his story was better what with the gym rapping thing. Yeah, brutal movie. Narc was perfect. But he is very hit or miss. Seems sleepy at lot. Like Marc Ruffalo
May 10, 2009, 4:36 p.m. CST
The series was ok and all but fuuuuuuuccckkkk.
May 10, 2009, 8:53 p.m. CST
May 10, 2009, 8:59 p.m. CST
... and yet Supernatural cannot even get a TB? AICN mods are even censoring TBs now. The funny thing is though, these nameless chimps do not seem to be bothered about bigotry in the TB jungle, but are supersensitive about TBers jacking the Dollhouse TB. They even banned users! Bravo little men, bravo....
May 11, 2009, 3:47 a.m. CST
and wash that "okay" sequel down our colective throats. Jami Gertz should return as well. Patric is an underappreciated actor.
May 11, 2009, 12:07 p.m. CST
that guy from domino that was mickey rourkes partner
May 11, 2009, 12:12 p.m. CST
May 11, 2009, 2:17 p.m. CST
AFTER DARK MY SWEET, RUSH, YOUR FRIENDS AND NEIGHBORS, NARC, and you have to see his indie gem EXPIRED- the character is flat out diabolically hilarious. Fucking funny on ENTOURAGE as well. I hope he does LOSERS, but it's tricky to get him to work.
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 263 total posts 238 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 203 total posts 159 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 225 total posts 82 posts
- Does This X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST International Poster Get you X-Cited?? -- 563 total posts 40 posts
- Watch the Opening 3 Minutes of Joss Whedon's IN YOUR EYES! -- 187 total posts 30 posts
- Two Images From Michael Fassbender’s MACBETH Movie!! -- 115 total posts 25 posts
- HERCULES ON THE RADIO!! Learn What Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Thinks Of The First Jack Bauer 24 Adventure Since 2010!! Plus GAME OF THRONES, MAD MEN, HANNIBAL, AGENTS OF SHIELD, And More!! And The Return Of FX MOVIE DOWNLOAD Star Sasha Perl-Raver!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 8pm PT / 11pm ET!! -- 11 total posts 11 posts
- ‘There Is Only One Hell!!’ Stannis, Davos, Melissandre, Varys, Bran, Hodor, Reek And The Bastard Of Bolton Return For Tonight’s Big Second GAME OF THRONES Of 2014!! -- 357 total posts 10 posts
- REAL HISTORY OF SCIENCE FICTION Premiere!! The Return Of ORPHAN BLACK!! Hallmark’s A LESSON IN ROMANCE!! Lifetime’s A DAY LATE AND A DOLLAR SHORT!! Herc’s Saturday TV Talkback!! -- 10 total posts 10 posts
- Check Out Thomas Haden Church in this Trailer for WHITEWASH! -- 66 total posts 10 posts