Jason Patric to be an evil mastermind in THE LOSERS?
Hey folks, Harry here... A little bird flew into my Blackberry and whispered to me of a new and exciting development with the upcoming adaptation of Vertigo's LOSERS! Sylvain White is directing and thus far the announced cast has Jeffrey Dean Morgan as CLAY, Zoe Saldana as AISHA, Idris Elba as ROQUE and Columbus Short as POOCH... But anyone that is familiar with the comic - well, the curious part of it all is who would be right for the criminal mastermind that toys with the LOSERS - my source says it is JASON PATRIC - which is really good news - as Jason is as perfect as they come! I just hope that they don't do something stupid like kill him by the end of the first film - as is traditional with villains of long running series when adapted into a feature. The word I hear is that this will be announced around Tuesday of this week. But you heard it here first, I think. Harry out
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
May 9, 2009, 8:27 p.m. CST
Jason Patrick = LOST BOYS = awesome.
May 9, 2009, 8:28 p.m. CST
or am I wrong?
May 9, 2009, 8:32 p.m. CST
Hm..must have missed that Hollywood tradition.
May 9, 2009, 8:33 p.m. CST
by nolan bautista
..in a cameo
May 9, 2009, 8:35 p.m. CST
by nolan bautista
..i thought it was a remake of the '70s film
May 9, 2009, 8:48 p.m. CST
Give me Captain Storm, Johnny Cloud, Sarge and Gunner! And maybe a cameo by the Haunted Tank!
May 9, 2009, 8:50 p.m. CST
May 9, 2009, 9:09 p.m. CST
May 9, 2009, 10:01 p.m. CST
Yup. Believe it:) <br><br> Great cast so far. I hear that Sylvian is a protégé of Michel Gondry so, I'm hoping for his 'A' game. He's got an eye for imagery.<br><br>Plus Jason Patric is brilliant in "Narc".
May 9, 2009, 10:03 p.m. CST
Have you read the Vertigo book? Andy Diggle is quite good.<br>By the way have you seen 'Narc'?
May 9, 2009, 11:20 p.m. CST
but I just can't quite see Jason Patric in the villain role - I keep picturing Jeffrey Dean Morgan as 'Max' (although that could just be a holdover from 'Watchmen').
May 9, 2009, 11:38 p.m. CST
"Reservoir Dogs meets The A-Team" is how I'd describe it...
May 9, 2009, 11:42 p.m. CST
imdb says Jeremy Renner is also cast...
May 10, 2009, 1:37 a.m. CST
...how much I loved him in Rush, but I'm afraid that if I even mention it someone from Hollywood might get a bright idea to remake it and I don't want to be responsible for that. So I'll just say he was great in that one drug/cop movie that shall remain unmentioned.
May 10, 2009, 1:59 a.m. CST
Imagine my disappointment when I read the second talkback post, went back, and realised that yes, it's the guy from Speed 2 and not the guy who has played great bad guys in Potter and The Patriot. :(
May 10, 2009, 4:32 a.m. CST
Jason apologized publicly for making Speed 2. He called it something like temporary insanity. He did Narc... please... tell me which other actor looks like Jason and would play a cop who is so fucked up on drugs that he accidentally shoots and kills a pregnant ladies baby.... the baby she's carrying. Nobody. Narc redeems the sin of Speed 2.
May 10, 2009, 7:10 a.m. CST
Sylvain White? Is there any reason to think he won't fuck it up? I say this as a big fan of Diggle's book - I have no faith in this project whatsoever. Did White direct some sort of criminal masterpiece that everyone saw while I wasn't looking?
May 10, 2009, 7:32 a.m. CST
Imo. Glad they're taking the time casting him anyway as he's far and away the best character.
May 10, 2009, 10:39 a.m. CST
Is there any actor who's ass you don't kiss?
May 10, 2009, 11:23 a.m. CST
by Julius Dithers
Maybe you don't like Neil LaBute movies. Which have Ben Stiller in them. But if you saw it, you can't deny that Jason Patric played an evil, EVIL prick in that movie. And he was awesome.
May 10, 2009, 1:08 p.m. CST
Your wife. But of course his story was better what with the gym rapping thing. Yeah, brutal movie. Narc was perfect. But he is very hit or miss. Seems sleepy at lot. Like Marc Ruffalo
May 10, 2009, 4:36 p.m. CST
The series was ok and all but fuuuuuuuccckkkk.
May 10, 2009, 8:53 p.m. CST
May 10, 2009, 8:59 p.m. CST
... and yet Supernatural cannot even get a TB? AICN mods are even censoring TBs now. The funny thing is though, these nameless chimps do not seem to be bothered about bigotry in the TB jungle, but are supersensitive about TBers jacking the Dollhouse TB. They even banned users! Bravo little men, bravo....
May 11, 2009, 3:47 a.m. CST
and wash that "okay" sequel down our colective throats. Jami Gertz should return as well. Patric is an underappreciated actor.
May 11, 2009, 12:07 p.m. CST
that guy from domino that was mickey rourkes partner
May 11, 2009, 12:12 p.m. CST
May 11, 2009, 2:17 p.m. CST
AFTER DARK MY SWEET, RUSH, YOUR FRIENDS AND NEIGHBORS, NARC, and you have to see his indie gem EXPIRED- the character is flat out diabolically hilarious. Fucking funny on ENTOURAGE as well. I hope he does LOSERS, but it's tricky to get him to work.
- HERCULES ON THE RADIO!! Learn What Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Thinks Of Fox's Batman-Free GOTHAM, Woody’s MAGIC IN THE MOONLIGHT, The Final Season Of BOARDWALK EMPIRE, And The Latest MARVEL, DC, STAR WARS & STAR TREK News!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 8pm PT / 11pm ET!! -- 253 total posts 138 posts
- DOCTOR WHO 8.2!! ‘Kelvington’ Reviews This Weekend’s Episode And Says He’s Not Sure He Enjoys ‘What The Show Is Becoming’!! -- 268 total posts 15 posts
- Who is in consideration to take the role of Snake in the ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK remake!?! -- 524 total posts 11 posts
- The Friday Docback Crawls ‘Into The Dalek’!! Reader Reaction For DOCTOR WHO S08E02 Is Here!! + HornOrSilk's 'Breaking Bubbles and Other Stories' Big Finish Audio Review, Clips, And More!! -- 252 total posts 9 posts
- Amazon To Bring Back Patrick Warburton As Ben Edlund’s TICK?? -- 38 total posts 3 posts
- Final PICKS & PEEKS of Aug 2014: LEGEND OF HELL HOUSE, Zombies, FOSSE, RATS, Nukes & Teens!!! -- 345 total posts 3 posts
- Scream and Shout: Quint is inspired by Guardians of the Galaxy to revisit BATTLE BEYOND THE STARS (1980)! -- 199 total posts 2 posts
- A Few Promo Images From EXODUS: GODS AND KINGS Bring Ridleyish Spectacle!! -- 157 total posts 2 posts
- Harry may be crazy about SIN CITY: A DAME TO KILL FOR - but so may you -- 551 total posts 2 posts
- The Gathering On OUTLANDER!! Into The Dalek On DOCTOR WHO!! Monsters On BEWARE THE BATMAN!! SOLE CUSTODY On LIFETIME!! New INTRUDERS, POL, CHIMA, HILLBILLY, FLIPPING, WHEELS And OUTRAGEOUS ACTS OF SCIENCE!! Herc’s Saturday TV Talkback!! -- 6 total posts 1 post