Animation and Anime
Your first glimpse at Pixar's PARTLY CLOUDY short!!!
Hey folks, Harry here... Tomorrow at noon - the lucky folks that'll be attending the AICN/FANTASTIC FEST/KIDS CLUB screening of Pixar's UP will also be treated to a new Pixar Animated Short film called PARTLY CLOUDY! I love that Pixar has continued to create delightful and hilarious animated shorts even though their Feature division is the money maker of the company. They do research and development with the technology that they play with via the short films, but they also develop talent for future directing projects and material from within. Exactly as Walt Disney did throughout his run with the company. They sent a full synopsis along with this photo - but frankly - I'll just say this much. PARTLY CLOUDY is about where Storks get the babies that they deliver. In my opinion - nothing further is needed to be known. I can't wait to have this mysterious question answered - and the image below is the perfect tease. Click to make it embiggened!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
April 17, 2009, 8:01 a.m. CST
by Nasty In The Pasty
April 17, 2009, 8:02 a.m. CST
is it going to carry a message about overpopulation (exhausted storks) or global warming (dying clouds)
April 17, 2009, 8:08 a.m. CST
April 17, 2009, 8:30 a.m. CST
That one image sells it. Can't wait.
April 17, 2009, 8:51 a.m. CST
the detail of the feathers in contrast to the texture of the cloud is pretty amazing.
April 17, 2009, 9:06 a.m. CST
The concept is amazing and you can bet Dreamworks will have a movie about an old women in the next 5 years just like with there little monster film.
April 17, 2009, 9:18 a.m. CST
But explain to me how Presto, or Boundin', or Lifted preached at you. Or pretty much anythng Pixar other than (the totally brilliant) Wall-E.
April 17, 2009, 10:38 a.m. CST
zom-bot prefers Monsters vs Aliens... which preaches that it is better to be a Monster than to be normal...
April 17, 2009, 11:01 a.m. CST
That line reads like most of the spam out there.
April 17, 2009, 11:48 a.m. CST
i love pixar, don't get me wrong. i don't even mind environmental messages in children's programming, even when the theories are still up in the air...i'm still evaluating them all myself...i'm not left or right on the issues. i just wish they (and by they i mean the majority of new animated stuff) would just admit they are slipping in more and more environmental agenda. just be honest about it- 'it's a kid's movie with a humbling save the world message'. i hear more and more complaints about parents who see ads and think they are taking their kid to one thing, only to find out it was totally about something else, and aren't too pleased when everytime they get in their cars their newly brainwashed kids cry because mommy is killing a polar bear.<P>but yeah, all in all, i was being unfoundedly snarky about this little short, based on past experience.
April 17, 2009, 11:53 a.m. CST
Its a movie about fucking storks who talks to fucking clouds quit over evaluating shit---or feeling that you have to defend yerself!
April 17, 2009, 12:57 p.m. CST
A Noble Spirit Embiggens The Smallest Man.
April 17, 2009, 1:49 p.m. CST
There's is "Partly Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs". Apparently based on some childrens book. It's a bout a kid inventor who makes a machine that turns rain into food. It looks phenominally stupid, but somebody's going to have to back off on that title.
April 17, 2009, 2:47 p.m. CST
by Dr Lizardo
Nothing "Partly" about that title. I bought the book for my kids when they were much younger, and I thought it was terrific. Based on the trailer, though, I believe the movie has completely enshittified the story.
April 17, 2009, 9:29 p.m. CST
Agreed, The trailer looks like shit. I loved that book, it is sad to see what they did to it.
April 18, 2009, 2:59 a.m. CST
Thats a shame - 'tis a great book - and I though Sony animation did a pretty good job with Surf's Up a year or to back. Oh well.
April 18, 2009, 9:30 a.m. CST
but a lot of things do I suppose...
April 18, 2009, 11:24 a.m. CST
Well what do you know, big nose, bulbus eyes, fat body, a "Secret life of..." plotline. Getting a bit tired of the same-ol' from Pixar.
April 18, 2009, 12:22 p.m. CST
it is a great animation company,it has made marvelous masterpieces,but last year Kung Fu Pand should have taken the oscar over Wall-E. <p>Wall-e was a good movie,but IMHO had some serious flaws.On the other hand Kung Fu Pand did have a cliche story and a bit of scatological humour,but it had so much content,emotion and thinking to show. <p>anyway,thats just my opinion
April 18, 2009, 2:17 p.m. CST
seriously, that's the big controversial environmental message of that movie. the fact that some crabapples actually believe "don't litter" is a controversial message for kids is scary.
April 18, 2009, 5:08 p.m. CST
Was not 'don't litter'. It was 'don't consume'. Which is a direct lead in to 'don't exist'. Humans are a plague upon the world, blah, blah, blah. Didn't have a Goddamn thing to do with littering.
April 18, 2009, 5:24 p.m. CST
April 18, 2009, 5:28 p.m. CST
that the film got for being about climate change. which i guess we can both agree was not in any way mentioned in the movie. anyways -- ask any 4 year old what they learned from the movie. throw stuff away properly, or don't eat too much junk? eh, you're right, it's probably a little of both... but still, it's ridiculous to lambast the movie over such things. there's no "indoctrination" there.
- ‘He’s Worse Than Anybody!!’ Sunday Brings HBO’s Season Finale Of TRUE DETECTIVE!! -- 230 total posts 94 posts
- Harry shares Day 1 of SXSW which stars Jon Favreau's utterly delicious CHEF!!! -- 239 total posts 24 posts
- ‘We Got Six Bullets!!’ Sunday Brings WALKING DEAD 4.13!! -- 91 total posts 13 posts
- 'We Mustn’t Disappoint Father!!' Check Out The Size Of Dany’s Dragons In The Latest Trailer For GAME OF THRONES Season Four!! -- 12 total posts 12 posts
- Hercules Says RESURRECTION Is Easily The Best Broadcast Pilot Of The 2013-14 Season And ABC’s Best Pilot In Years!! -- 50 total posts 12 posts
- Darker ZORRO Reboot Finds its Writer! -- 309 total posts 8 posts
- Spring Forward With Lauren Cohen & Sonequa Martin-Green On TALKING DEAD!! Data Brokers On 60 MINUTES!! The Premieres Of Fox’s COSMOS, Lohan’s LINDSAY & Carolla’s CATCH A CONTRATOR!! The Returns Of BURGERS, SIMPSONS, GUY, ONCE & REVENGE!! New GIRLS, ISLAND, AMAZING, SHAMELESS, FIANCE, WIVES, AX!! KARDASHIANS & LOOKING Finales!! Herc’s Sunday TV Talkback!! -- 9 total posts 6 posts
- Jeremy Returns With More Tales From The CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER Set! -- 94 total posts 6 posts
- Lena Dunham Hosts SNL!! Sagan COSMOS Marathon On NGC!! New UNIVERSE, OUTRAGEOUS ACTS OF SCIENCE & BLACK SAILS!! SWAMP PAWN, RAISING WHITLEY, SCORNED, COPS & CRAZY HEARTS Finales!! Hallmark’s A RING BY SPRING!! Lifetime’s A TRIP TO BOUNTIFUL!! Herc’s Saturday TV Talkback!! -- 36 total posts 5 posts
- Quint thinks Nick Stoller's NEIGHBORS is heartfelt, hysterical and all kinds of messed up! SXSW 2014! -- 4 total posts 4 posts