Alexandre Aja lines up a CONTRACTOR for his next project!
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here. I wasn't a big fan of MIRRORS (save for a few key moments, either involving Amy Smart's gory and very naked death or Jack Bauer yelling at his reflection like it was a terrorist that knows where the suitcase nuke is), but I really love what Aja did with THE HILLS HAVE EYES and still think HAUTE TENSION was an almost masterpiece of horror. Looks like he's going to follow up his PIRANHA 3-D (can't wait, by the way) with a drama, taking him out of the horror realm. The flick will be called THE CONTRACTOR and be about a sort of alternate or near-future world where the US can't afford going to war anymore and instead hires out private contractors, elite soldiers, to fight on its behalf. Ian Jeffers (last to polish up CASTLEVANIA) is scripting, per Variety. Other than that info, I don't have much knowledge of the property. I'll keep my ear to the ground, though. Anything Aja's involved in of interest to me. I'm especially curious as to what the tone of this is going to be. Is it a political message movie, a talking head drama, or do we follow the soldiers as they fight? Could go in a lot of different ways. Let's see what develops.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
March 12, 2009, 4:45 a.m. CST
in Iraq. Contractors = Contract Killers
March 12, 2009, 4:48 a.m. CST
it didn't work out for them at all.<p>and mirrors fucking sucked. i set the bar low, i enjoy most films, but it was a dog turd.
March 12, 2009, 4:49 a.m. CST
"this isn't in my job description!"
March 12, 2009, 5:54 a.m. CST
Of course this is not saying much about his next movie(s), especially when he is just directing them, but damn, P2 sucked hard on so many levels.
March 12, 2009, 6:28 a.m. CST
March 12, 2009, 8:41 a.m. CST
by Spandau Belly
Then go back and do P1: Parking Begins.
March 12, 2009, 9:26 a.m. CST
if people want to go kill people or just fight for their country, join up. If they wanna make money killing people or fighting for their country, they should get the fuck out of our country. They are worthless cunts. They make life hell for real soldiers, ruin their reputations. Not only that, but if you work for Blackwater, you're working for religious extremist nutbags. What's that I hear about the end of no bid contracts? Boo fucking hoo. So sorry. No more raping teenage Iraqi girls at 3 am before bible study. Them's the breaks, bub. I now return you to your regularly scheduled overlooked talkback.
March 12, 2009, 9:33 a.m. CST
Or which work by a talented director will he remake? At least the tapeworm knows he can't create, only plagiarize... I hope he makes the mistake of ripping off Harlan Ellison one day.
March 12, 2009, 10:28 a.m. CST
by mighty boosh
...be a shit action movie. Why expect anything else?
March 12, 2009, 11:25 a.m. CST
...Cause whoever gets to finally make that film has a masterpiece on their hands. This sounds fairly interesting I guess. Although I could swear the U.S. already pays Black Water huge amounts of money to fight its wars and illegally raid medical clinics in california.
March 12, 2009, 12:23 p.m. CST
March 12, 2009, 12:53 p.m. CST
like to see what aja can come up with in a non-horror film
March 12, 2009, 3:18 p.m. CST
I think he's a good director. High Tension would've been a pretty good film except for the stupdity of the ending - I would've enjoyed it if it made sense to what happened the first 2/3rds of the movie, but quite frankly it didn't. I thought his remake of The Hills Have Eyes was quite good, though. Mirrors was bad, though. I'm looking forward to Pirahna 3D and this new feature, though.
March 12, 2009, 3:19 p.m. CST
Yes, I'm bright, too!
March 12, 2009, 3:38 p.m. CST
Ever hear of Blackwater?
March 12, 2009, 4:02 p.m. CST
...and convinced me that Aja isn't the right guy to direct anything involving the supernatural.
March 12, 2009, 4:05 p.m. CST
March 12, 2009, 5 p.m. CST
by Itto Ogami loses Daigoro
Just needs a Solid Snake
March 12, 2009, 8:08 p.m. CST
March 12, 2009, 8:58 p.m. CST
Is because Aaron Stanford was in it, and I liked him as Pyro in Xmen 2. And the girl that played Ruby, Laura Ortiz. When I first saw her, I actually thought she was deformed. When I looked her up on imdb I was surprised that she was actually in that old tmobile commercial with the pretty, young, talkative cheerleader who talked ultrafast about shallow stuff.
March 13, 2009, 1:52 p.m. CST
So this is good news.
- 3rd Official X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST trailer hits - and it is a big one!!! -- 229 total posts 219 posts
- ‘A Gift From The Clairvoyant!!’ Patton Oswalt Joins Joss Whedon’s AGENTS OF SHIELD!! Seinfeld On PIONEERS OF TELEVISION!! The Returns Of NEW GIRL, AWKWARD & WIFE SWAP!! The Premiere Of FARGO!! Plus New BOY, STORAGE, SCHUMER, PERSON, TOSH, NCIS, GLEE, FIRE, CONTAINER, MINDY, DUSK, ORIGINALS, SUPERNATURAL & VOICE!! TEEN MOM Finale Special!! DANCE MOMS 100!! HARDCORE PAWN Finale!! Nathan Fillion & Tatiana Maslany on CONAN!! Herc’s Tuesday TV Talkback!! -- 138 total posts 32 posts
- Jaden Smith will dress like a girl to avoid slavery in THE GOOD LORD BIRD! -- 72 total posts 20 posts
- Everyone thinks Elizabeth Banks is a hooker in this red-band WALK OF SHAME trailer! -- 45 total posts 19 posts
- The Composer For That BATMAN / SUPERMAN Movie Is… -- 234 total posts 12 posts
- David Fincher wants more money to do his JOBS! -- 177 total posts 12 posts
- MAGIC MIKE XXL gets a release date! -- 21 total posts 9 posts
- Matthew Vaughn to get SUPERIOR to stay in the Mark Millar business for Fox! -- 24 total posts 8 posts
- 3rd week of April 2014's PICKS & PEEKS: Welles,Wilder,Svankmajer, Mann,Jeong, Sirk,Trier & more!!! -- 110 total posts 7 posts
- THE SIGNAL and V/H/S co-director David Bruckner to direct the found footage FRIDAY THE 13TH reboot?! -- 65 total posts 6 posts