Animation and Anime
Brand new UP poster for your eyeballs, plus some info for you guys attending WonderCon!
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here. I've been lucky enough to see the beginning of UP in two different forms... One is a shorter form comprised almost completely of storyboards, which I saw April of 2008 and then the opening 45 minutes that played at BNAT which was mostly finished. Both times Carl's heartbreaking story got to me and I felt that UP looked to be classic Pixar.
They're doing a panel at WonderCon on UP and then 250 lucky WonderCon attendees will get to see that 45 minutes we all got to see at BNAT.
I'll get to those details in a minute, but first let me give you the first look at the UP bus stop poster (click to make big):
Not mind blowing in design, but I think Carl is going to be a character that sticks with us if the opening of the movie is any indication.
For those, like me, attending WonderCon, here's the info on the screening. You must have a WonderCon badge to get in. The theater is the Metreon, near the Moscone Center and the presentation starts at 7:30pm, with director Pete Doctor and producer Jonas Rivera in attendance. It's first come first serve, but no line is allowed to form before 5:30pm.
I will probably abstain from the screening even that I'd love to see the footage again... but I just think it'd be a dick move to take the seat from someone who hasn't seen it yet.
Hope to see a lot of you in San Francisco. I leave bright and early in the mo'nin'! Speaking of, I better get my shit together!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Feb. 25, 2009, 8:08 p.m. CST
Feb. 25, 2009, 8:08 p.m. CST
It had to happen . . .
Feb. 25, 2009, 8:15 p.m. CST
by Baron Karza
Is this the first whiff?
Feb. 25, 2009, 8:30 p.m. CST
Quint has a heart....
Feb. 25, 2009, 8:34 p.m. CST
A man that old simply does not have the upper body strength to hold himself up with such ease.
Feb. 25, 2009, 8:49 p.m. CST
It is too weird or hard to pronounce in any language except English, and Pixar films are very international - most of the text seen on Pixar films is usually translated into several languages. So, NOT a good sign. Also, topping WALL-E will be impossible, so we might be disapointed with this one.
Feb. 25, 2009, 9:02 p.m. CST
I feel like pixar has been hitting us with amazing films but sometimes in between one great film to another they throw in a some what good film. Hence in between'er. This comes after Walle and before Toy story 3. Its the in between'er until the next great pixar film. Just like Cars was.
Feb. 25, 2009, 9:11 p.m. CST
by Carl XVI Gustaf
Are you saying Carl (Karl) is an english name?
Feb. 25, 2009, 9:20 p.m. CST
Look at the detail on the fabric of his clothing. You can even see the pockmarks on his hands for christssakes.
Feb. 25, 2009, 9:26 p.m. CST
Yabbut, what about that Marx guy?
Feb. 25, 2009, 9:29 p.m. CST
Feb. 25, 2009, 9:32 p.m. CST
The trailer actually underwhelms me. When he slams the door in the kids face, I chuckle momentarily. Let's be honest. We're excited because this is Pixar. If I saw that trailer with a Dreamworks logo, I'd skip it.
Feb. 25, 2009, 9:33 p.m. CST
Would you like to respond to that, Avatar?
Feb. 25, 2009, 9:37 p.m. CST
alpha maps and image overlays. Nothing new. Pixars more than the look of the character in my humble opinion. They know how to make the character a character.
Feb. 25, 2009, 10:14 p.m. CST
But come on, I don't want some old foogie hanging out on my background. I'll keep my Crazies re-make poster on which is pretty sweet and should have been given a link on here.
Feb. 25, 2009, 10:37 p.m. CST
I have very little interest in seeing. Monster's Inc was sort of painful, and this? just an old dude in a house full of balloons? oh fuck me.
Feb. 25, 2009, 10:57 p.m. CST
Feb. 26, 2009, 12:13 a.m. CST
Based on a poster and name (WTF?) the Talkbackers - in their infinite wisdom - already know this one is going to disappoint ....
Feb. 26, 2009, 12:26 a.m. CST
Don't get how people could dislike that movie. Its so balls out imaginative, unlike the usual talking toys/fish/ants. Here we have a completley unique vision, so many cool visual gags, and I mean comeone, that chase with the thousands of doors is one of the best bits out of all of pixar's movies.
Feb. 26, 2009, 12:36 a.m. CST
Feb. 26, 2009, 1:31 a.m. CST
not so unique -- "Aaahh!!! Real Monsters" (which was good), and "Little Monsters" (which sucked), had a similar concept, years before.
Feb. 26, 2009, 1:31 a.m. CST
Feb. 26, 2009, 1:48 a.m. CST
btw, if any of you attending the con have a little time, and dont mind even more massive crowds, get your asses over to golden gate park and the brand new academy of sciences and steinhart aquarium...truly amazing
Feb. 26, 2009, 8:56 a.m. CST
Have you forgotten how to embiggen ?
Feb. 26, 2009, 9:06 a.m. CST
take off those glasses and you've got aged Indy from Crystal Skull!!!
Feb. 26, 2009, 11:49 a.m. CST
Welsh and Scottish, I guess: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl_(name)#Male_given_names
Feb. 26, 2009, 11:50 a.m. CST
Hard is had to spell
Feb. 26, 2009, 11:58 a.m. CST
is close to being the best pixar, if it isnt. That, Incredibles and Nemo are the best. Only negative is that Monsters really doesnt look very good these days.
Feb. 26, 2009, 12:45 p.m. CST
Of course, if you throw THE INCREDIBLES in there, every one of the others gets pushed down a slot.
Feb. 26, 2009, 7:18 p.m. CST
Rameses got it! And Indy wore glasses when he taught at college! It all fits! Eat that subliminal kick in your groonies, Lucas!
Feb. 26, 2009, 7:30 p.m. CST
Feb. 26, 2009, 7:33 p.m. CST
Sure, fluid comes out of it, but the ladies still call my cock "The Whip", so my comparison is none the less accurate.
Feb. 26, 2009, 7:36 p.m. CST
and then in order to avoid prosecution put a bunch of balloons on his house like that Roman Polanski guy did?
- Who is in consideration to take the role of Snake in the ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK remake!?! -- 713 total posts 90 posts
- The Friday Docback Crawls ‘Into The Dalek’!! Reader Reaction For DOCTOR WHO S08E02 Is Here!! + HornOrSilk's 'Breaking Bubbles and Other Stories' Big Finish Audio Review, Clips, And More!! -- 413 total posts 47 posts
- WALKING DEAD!! BOARDWALK EMPIRE!! AGENTS OF SHIELD!! STAR WARS REBELS!! SOUTH PARK!! NEW GIRL!! HOMELAND!! GOTHAM!! FLASH!! SURVIVOR!! RESURRECTION!! PARENTHOOD!! BURGERS!! BLACKLIST!! BANG!! VOICE!! SLEEPY!! PERSON!! UTOPIA!! ANARCHY!! Z!! More Than 200 Autumn Premiere Dates!! -- 50 total posts 33 posts
- A New Clip From STAR WARS REBELS!! -- 29 total posts 29 posts
- DOCTOR WHO 8.2!! ‘Kelvington’ Reviews This Weekend’s Episode And Says He’s Not Sure He Enjoys ‘What The Show Is Becoming’!! -- 363 total posts 28 posts
- Abortionist Killers On PBS!! HOUDINI Hits History!! Angie Returns To THE DOME!! New DALLAS, PARADISE, WOLF, WILD, MASTERCHEF, MODEL, NINJA, HOTEL, BEACH, & RAW!! PARTNERS & MISTRESSES Finales!! UNAUTHORIZED SAVED BY THE BELL STORY!! Annaleigh Ashford On CRAIG!! Herc’s Monday TV Talkback!! -- 25 total posts 25 posts
- Final PICKS & PEEKS of Aug 2014: LEGEND OF HELL HOUSE, Zombies, FOSSE, RATS, Nukes & Teens!!! -- 370 total posts 23 posts
- A Few Promo Images From EXODUS: GODS AND KINGS Bring Ridleyish Spectacle!! -- 211 total posts 21 posts
- Fantastic Fest 2014 Trailer Wave Part 2! -- 23 total posts 15 posts
- Will there be a change of roster in Avengers: Age of Ultron and if so, who's gonna be on it? -- 312 total posts 13 posts