Director Of The FRINGE Pilot Will Tackle NBC’s DAY ONE!!
I am – Hercules!!
Alex Graves, who helmed the literally jaw-dropping “Fringe” pilot, will direct the NBC sci-fi pilot “Day One,” “Alias”/“Lost” writer-producer Jesse Alexander’s tale of survivors of a mysterious global disaster.
Graves also directed the “Journeyman” pilot.
Find all of The Hollywood Reporter’s story on the matter here.
Who Watches The Watchmen Tie-Ins??
The Watchmen Film Companion!!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Feb. 12, 2009, 5:48 a.m. CST
i'll give the usual fuck you nbc, but really, what do you have now? heroes is in the crapper, knight rider? c'mon.
Feb. 12, 2009, 5:53 a.m. CST
journeyman DVD wtf?
Feb. 12, 2009, 5:53 a.m. CST
by The Ringwraith
Television directors are often seen as dime-a-dozen, since they work within a pre-determinded style and tone and have little input into the performances or characters. But Alex Graves is not dime-a-dozen - he is not only the best director working in television, he is, I believe, one of Hollywood's best kept secrets. In addition to his well-known Pilots for Journeymen, The Nine and Fringe, he also directed countless episodes of The West Wing. His work is always distinctive from his that of his peers, with extensive use of uncut masters and dynamic set-ups as well as interesting tonal deviations. His "King Corn" from The West Wing is one of the best-directed hourlongs I've ever seen. The concept sounds interesting and with Graves involved I'm sure this will kick a lot of ass.
Feb. 12, 2009, 7:23 a.m. CST
by Kid Z
...on about 3, 4 years back... called Jericho? Wasn't it pretty lame? (To avoid being irradiated by nuclear fallout, just stay in your house with towels shoved under the front door until it rains)
Feb. 12, 2009, 8:23 a.m. CST
for The Nine and of course Journeyman were pretty good. Thinking about...you can't even blame Graves for Fringe. It was a good directors job. The script was weak.
Feb. 12, 2009, 8:50 a.m. CST
you mean, not the guy who got fired from "Heroes"?
Feb. 12, 2009, 8:52 a.m. CST
Feb. 12, 2009, 8:56 a.m. CST
This will probably be something I start to watch and then it gets shit canned 13 episodes in. On that note, can't wait to check it out.
Feb. 12, 2009, 10:09 a.m. CST
As in awful, pure trash. The whole series is a bowl winder.
Feb. 12, 2009, 10:49 a.m. CST
Feb. 12, 2009, 7:01 p.m. CST
The biggest waste of 10 million dollars ever. It looked cheaper than the average episode of 24, and had the lamest excuse for a car chase I've ever seen.
Feb. 12, 2009, 8:47 p.m. CST
was pretty cool, the rest not so much....but I've bought into the show for now and look forward to at least the pilot of Day One - holding on to the usual massive load of skepticism until a season is in the can.
Feb. 13, 2009, 2:48 p.m. CST
by David Lazarus Long
was probably one of the weaker episodes (script/content-wise). I barely finished the second hour the first time I watched it. Thankfully, since then it has been consistently getting better and better. As for this Day One... yea, I smell a 13-episode DVD coming out about 3 months after this gets canned. Maybe a 5 episode DVD if it's REALLY good, 'cuz, you know... the better a show is, the faster it gets canceled. However mediocre shows will go on for-FUCKING-EVER.
- 100 Lucky Ones will see AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 here in Austin on April 30th! -- 91 total posts 91 posts
- ‘I Have Something To Say To The People Of Meereen!!’ The Stormborn Returns For Tonight’s Third GAME OF THRONES Of 2014!! -- 126 total posts 49 posts
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 526 total posts 29 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 280 total posts 24 posts
- Papa Vinyard Saw THE HATEFUL EIGHT Script Reading Last Night And Here's His Review! -- 38 total posts 15 posts
- ‘Why Don’t We Just Start Our Own Agency??’ Sunday Brings One Of The 13 Final MAD MENs!! -- 32 total posts 14 posts
- Two Images From Michael Fassbender’s MACBETH Movie!! -- 138 total posts 9 posts
- This Week's Saturday Shorts: Parkour, Compliments, and Getting Pooped on! -- 14 total posts 8 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 336 total posts 7 posts
- Watch the Opening 3 Minutes of Joss Whedon's IN YOUR EYES! -- 233 total posts 7 posts