AICN Exclusive Peek at ADVENTURELAND!!!
Hey folks, Harry here... This is one of the films that I'm very much looking forward to in the first quarter of 2009. It's being released on March 27th opposite MONSTERS VS ALIENS 3D. The film is directed by Greg Mottola and a cast of folks, I don't really know much about. But that's kinda how I was when I stumbled into his SUPERBAD - but more than that - there's just something about the look of this film... from the trailer to the poster to these two clips below that makes me thing that this is going to be one fine time at the theater. We'll find out soon enough when it plays at Sundance on January 19th in the awesome Eccles Theatre... hoping to hear from those of you attending. Here's a pair of exclusive glimpses...
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Jan. 11, 2009, 10:02 p.m. CST
but wont disney sue?
Jan. 11, 2009, 10:03 p.m. CST
I saw this flick about 4 months ago here in NYC. I think it was one of the first screenings and saw one review here on AICN. It was a solid pic and more of a dramedy than anything else. Look forward to seeing it again after the final cut.
Jan. 11, 2009, 10:03 p.m. CST
Jan. 11, 2009, 10:11 p.m. CST
by Johnny the tackling alzheimers patient
Well there's a attraction park here on Long Island with the same name. I hear it was his inspiration for this film. Looks pretty funny...
Jan. 11, 2009, 10:14 p.m. CST
my mom has shingles too
Jan. 11, 2009, 10:38 p.m. CST
Why doesn't Martin Starr work more? Like, in everything. In fact, he should've been the wrestler. Fuck Mickey Rourke and his chihuahuas.
Jan. 11, 2009, 10:44 p.m. CST
by Balcony Fool
in Des Moines, Iowa, too. My family used to go every summer.
Jan. 11, 2009, 10:52 p.m. CST
by Cotton McKnight
Whathisface reminded me of that opening scene that took place in the underground bunker. Seriously, what was the point of that? And neither clip of Adventureland was funny.
Jan. 11, 2009, 10:52 p.m. CST
Just in case anyone doesn't know. Supporting Actor. Nolan accepted on his behalf.
Jan. 11, 2009, 11:15 p.m. CST
Jan. 11, 2009, 11:23 p.m. CST
Saw the trailer a few days ago in front of Doubt (whatthefuck?!?!) and thought it looked decent enough.
Jan. 12, 2009, 12:07 a.m. CST
your post is a complete mess, by the way. it's just "Pineapple Express" without the "The". it's not a train.
Jan. 12, 2009, 12:18 a.m. CST
Someone please point me in its direction.
Jan. 12, 2009, 12:47 a.m. CST
Did not make me laugh once. I also watched the trailer and was not impressed.
Jan. 12, 2009, 1:43 a.m. CST
no sarcasm at all! martin starr rules, as does hader.
Jan. 12, 2009, 2:03 a.m. CST
Jan. 12, 2009, 2:12 a.m. CST
That period is gonna kick this movies ass, punctuation always wins over arthouse retro comedy.
Jan. 12, 2009, 2:40 a.m. CST
and I can't wait to see this.
Jan. 12, 2009, 5:08 a.m. CST
by Kevin Bosch
I only saw PE as a bootleg embeded video, but the secret government bunker at the beginning was the drug dealer's headquarters where all the action takes place at the end.
Jan. 12, 2009, 8:31 a.m. CST
James Cameron on bridge of the ISV Prometheus in AVATAR?? <p> http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2009/01/12/business/12film01-500.jpg
Jan. 12, 2009, 8:42 a.m. CST
The same goes for BURN AFTER READING - as much as I love the Coen's. <p> I'm glad Colin Farrell won a Golden Globe for IN BRUGES - now that's what you call a film, Harry. I don't know how that wasn't in your top 10, but the two I mentioned were? <p> Must be the joke about the fat Americans. (Sorry, Harry - you're a good guy really)
Jan. 12, 2009, 10:29 a.m. CST
Does Haverchuck dance? If yes, I'm there.
Jan. 12, 2009, 10:52 a.m. CST
by future help
Jan. 12, 2009, 11:01 a.m. CST
by The Reluctant Austinite
I'm looking forward to this. I spent a whole 3 days many years ago working at Six Flags. I had lost a part time job just as school let out for the summer and I was hired to work on a rollercoaster because I seemed very "responsible." The seemly "unresponsible" kids got either games, food service or clean up patrol; the stuff where lives aren't at stake. Amazingly, this park at the time was getting away with paying kids LESS than minimum wage. I remember them explaining to me how and why they were doing this under the law, but I still don't understand it. Anyway, after 8 hours a day in the summer sun listening to people scream at the top of their lungs (this particular ride sent the cars backwards up a hill and then dropped it soaring back through the loading area) I left work with a migrain headache. After the third day, I turned in my shirt and went home to work on my resume. Anybody else have any amusing amusement park stories?
Jan. 12, 2009, 9:45 p.m. CST
Jan. 13, 2009, 11:25 a.m. CST
But I think he meant shit. Does anyone have any shit amusement park stories they'd like to share?
Jan. 13, 2009, 11:41 a.m. CST
Looks about as funny as The Brothers Solomon! Give us better clips of movies than this shit! If I worked for you DouchBags I would be able to at least get a clip of Avatar or WatchMen! Dam, post a film clip that gets your viewers excited! Not something that will make them post a comment like mine! Ugh!
Jan. 13, 2009, 8:16 p.m. CST
by Quin the Eskimo
Yes Bill, a turd.
Jan. 14, 2009, 1:46 a.m. CST
Is it exclusive when one's hosted on YouTube and the other is currently being pimped on the myspace homepage? Something to think about...
Jan. 14, 2009, 11:34 a.m. CST
I thought this was a movie adaptation of the old Scott Adams game, with Uwe Boll directing. Now my end of March plans are shot to hell...
Jan. 14, 2009, 3:13 p.m. CST
Jan. 15, 2009, 4:57 a.m. CST
Lasted all of two weeks at Adventureland on Long Island. The fat fuck who owned/ran the place was such a bastard to the poor sap teens who worked there. And there really was a Games/Rides split. I was Rides. But then I was as a teen. (Rimshot!)
Jan. 15, 2009, 12:29 p.m. CST
by dr sauch
Also, it looks run-of-the-mill.
- Who is in consideration to take the role of Snake in the ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK remake!?! -- 700 total posts 77 posts
- The Friday Docback Crawls ‘Into The Dalek’!! Reader Reaction For DOCTOR WHO S08E02 Is Here!! + HornOrSilk's 'Breaking Bubbles and Other Stories' Big Finish Audio Review, Clips, And More!! -- 409 total posts 43 posts
- DOCTOR WHO 8.2!! ‘Kelvington’ Reviews This Weekend’s Episode And Says He’s Not Sure He Enjoys ‘What The Show Is Becoming’!! -- 363 total posts 28 posts
- WALKING DEAD!! BOARDWALK EMPIRE!! AGENTS OF SHIELD!! STAR WARS REBELS!! SOUTH PARK!! NEW GIRL!! HOMELAND!! GOTHAM!! FLASH!! SURVIVOR!! RESURRECTION!! PARENTHOOD!! BURGERS!! BLACKLIST!! BANG!! VOICE!! SLEEPY!! PERSON!! UTOPIA!! ANARCHY!! Z!! More Than 200 Autumn Premiere Dates!! -- 44 total posts 27 posts
- A New Clip From STAR WARS REBELS!! -- 25 total posts 25 posts
- Abortionist Killers On PBS!! HOUDINI Hits History!! Angie Returns To THE DOME!! New DALLAS, PARADISE, WOLF, WILD, MASTERCHEF, MODEL, NINJA, HOTEL, BEACH, & RAW!! PARTNERS & MISTRESSES Finales!! UNAUTHORIZED SAVED BY THE BELL STORY!! Annaleigh Ashford On CRAIG!! Herc’s Monday TV Talkback!! -- 22 total posts 22 posts
- A Few Promo Images From EXODUS: GODS AND KINGS Bring Ridleyish Spectacle!! -- 211 total posts 21 posts
- Final PICKS & PEEKS of Aug 2014: LEGEND OF HELL HOUSE, Zombies, FOSSE, RATS, Nukes & Teens!!! -- 366 total posts 19 posts
- Fantastic Fest 2014 Trailer Wave Part 2! -- 21 total posts 13 posts
- Two More BIG BROTHER Nominations!! The Return Of ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN!! MI6 On PBS!! FALLING SKIES Finale!! New STRAIN, MANHATTAN, MASTERS, NAKED, RAY, RECKLESS, BEACHFRONT, BREATHLESS, KARDASHIANS, WIPEOUT!! No LEFTOVERS Finale!! Herc’s Sunday TV Talkback!! -- 30 total posts 9 posts