Chicago's 3-D Action Continues--Wanna meet director Henry Selick at the Chicago premiere of CORALINE? Capone has the details!!!
Hey everyone. Capone in Chicago here, with our second 3-D screening event of next week--something really, really special for folks in and around my city of the unpredictable weather. Please keep in mind these two screenings are unconnected, so if you want to go to both, you have to enter both contests. Waaaaay back in December, one of the many presentations of footage those of us at Butt Numb-a-Thon X were privy to was 15-20 minutes of glorious scenes of CORALINE (in 3-D!), the latest animated work from writer-director Henry Selick (THE NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS and JAMES AND THE GIANT PEACH), who adapted the famed children's book by one Mr. Neil Gaiman. The footage was beyond cool, and the 3-D was subtle but still breathtaking. Vocal talents include the likes of Dakota Fanning (as Coraline), Ian McShane, Teri Hatcher, Keith David, and the re-teaming of Dawn French and Jennifer Saunders. I haven't seen the film yet, but I'm a tad on the desperate side to finally drink this in, and I'm guessing a few of you are as well. Now, Harry mentioned at BNAT X that he'd have an advanced screening of the film in Austin later this month, but what I'm here to announce is that we'll have the exclusive Ain't It Cool News Chicago premiere of CORALINE in 3-D on Thursday, January 15 at 7:30 at a theater in downtown Chicago, AND Henry Selick himself will be on hand for a post-screening Q&A with yours truly. And I've been given the task of filling every one of the 240 seats where this is going to happen. We want a great turn out for Henry Selick, so to make sure that happens I'm going to overbook this event slightly. So if you win, you still have to show up early or there's a chance you won't get in for this once-in-a-lifetime event. And please keep in mind, we're getting this screening three weeks before the film actually opens on February 6. As a side note, I know women who love sewing and otherwise crafting stuff, and they are dying to see this film, since it celebrates all things handmade. So, wanna be a part of this? Here's how to secure a pass good for you and one guest. Send me an email at email@example.com with the subject line "I WANT BUTTON EYES!!!" In the body of the email, I need your full name (your guest's name is not required, but let me know if you're bringing one), and the answer to this question: "What makes your Other Mother so very special?" (If this question doesn't make sense, go seek out the trailer on the ridiculously great CORALINE site.) I want to encourage those of you with youngsters (the film is rated PG, so not too young) to bring them along as your guest, but more importantly I want Chicago to make a good showing when it comes time for the Q&A. Selick is animation royalty in my book, and I want you guys to flood him with great questions. I'm not setting a deadline for this contest, but I'm shutting it down when it's clear we have more than enough people to fill the theater. I'll update this posting when the contest is closed, but I wouldn't wait longer than a day or two to get your entry in. Winners will receive an email from me with the location of the screening and details about how to exchange your email for passes. THERE WILL NOT BE A STAND-BY LINE FOR THIS SCREENING! Good luck, everyone! Hope to see you there. -- Capone firstname.lastname@example.org
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Jan. 8, 2009, 1:20 a.m. CST
Well, I sent my entry in already. Hope I win. Coraline is coming out nationwide on my Birthday, but I really want to see it beforehand, especially with Selick present.
Jan. 8, 2009, 1:29 a.m. CST
nice shout out Ebert gave you in his most recent movie answer man. You're big time baby.
Jan. 8, 2009, 2:10 a.m. CST
by White Goodman
It must be the speed.
Jan. 8, 2009, 9:02 a.m. CST
Way to keep coming through with the screenings Capone!
Jan. 9, 2009, 11:16 a.m. CST
I feel lucky to be involved in some of the stuff going on in Chicago. Thanks Capone for bringing us some of the best.
- 3rd PICKS & PEEKS of Sept 2014: Crichton Blus, THE PARTY, Bloody Entertainment, GODZILLA 3D & More!!! -- 163 total posts 163 posts
- Check out this MASSIVE new HOBBIT: BATTLE OF THE FIVE ARMIES banner!! -- 250 total posts 95 posts
- A New Poster For Christopher Nolan’s INTERSTELLAR!! -- 83 total posts 83 posts
- Behold The Cool(ish) IMAX Poster For DRACULA UNTOLD!! -- 76 total posts 76 posts
- Hold off, Aaron Cross: Matt Damon's back as Jason Bourne! -- 188 total posts 73 posts
- Here come a remake that will really make you feel old - Sony is fast tracking a remake to I KNOW WHAT YOU DID LAST SUMMER! -- 122 total posts 38 posts
- SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE Hires 20-Year-Old Cast Member!! -- 68 total posts 37 posts
- Promo Images From DOCTOR WHO S08E05 - ‘Time Heist’!! -- 34 total posts 34 posts
- 2nd Sept 2014 PICKS & PEEKS Column: CAP 2, Pumpkinhead, Toho, Addams, Star Trek, Slashers, Comedy & Action+ -- 1781 total posts 28 posts
- Scott Glenn Joins Charlie Cox, Vincent D’Onofrio, Rosario Dawson, Elden Henson and Deborah Ann Woll For Netflix’s DAREDEVIL Series!! -- 69 total posts 26 posts