Be A Part of Chicago's Two-Part 3-D Extravaganza Next Week!!! First up--MY BLOODY VALENTINE 3-D!!! Capone has the details…
Hey everyone. Capone in Chicago here. OhManOhManOhManOhManOhManOhManOhManOhManOhManOhMan, am I excited!!! Partly by coincidence and partly by design, I've got two events lined up for Chicago-area folks next week that are both 3-D in nature and both sublimely awesome. Perhaps the biggest surprise at Butt Numb-a-Thon X was how incredibly well the remake of the '80s horror film MY BLOODY VALENTINE went over with the crowd, a group that frankly has been burned by horror offerings at past BNATs. The blood, body parts, and weapons hurled at the screen in rapid succession, all in glorious 3-D didn't hurt the new film's case. But the current movie has a lot more going for it than just gore. The diverse cast is terrific, the scares are well earned, and MBV 3-D has what might be the single greatest nude scene in the history of the horror genre--it's certainly one of the longest. ("That's what she said.") And I've got the exclusive Chicago premiere of the film just for AICN readers. The screening takes place Tuesday, January 13 at 7:00pm at the Kerasotes City North 14 theaters, 2600 N. Western Avenue (just south of Diversey). Please note the venue, because it's one we have not used before. (The venue we often use was already booked--part of that is my fault.) I happen to love the City North theater because, among other reasons, parking is dirt cheap and it's located across the street from one my my favorite Bar-B-Q places in the city. But most importantly, they have a lovely 3-D-capable screen for us. We've got 260 seats to fill, so here's how to win. To secure a pass good for you and one guest, send me an email at email@example.com with the subject line "PICK ME, VALENTINE!" You know, because the killer has a pick and all…never mind. In the body of the email, I need your full name (your guest's name is not required, but let me know if you're bringing one), and the answer to the following question: What was your most horrific date? Perhaps it was a blind date, first date, last date, date night with the wife. Give me the gory details, but keep your answers to less than 75 words, and don't try to be funny. Just speak the horrific truth. Oh, and NO ONE UNDER 18 CAN ENTER THIS CONTEST. Sorry, kiddies. Winners will receive an email, probably over the weekend. Good luck, everyone! And hope to see you there. And let's give Lionsgate a big group hug for letting us do this. You guys are going to freak out at this movie; trust me on this. And remember, this is only the first 3-D film of the week I have for those in Chicago. Keep your button eyes peeled for the second offering… -- Capone firstname.lastname@example.org
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Jan. 7, 2009, 11:36 p.m. CST
BLOODY 3-D, BABY!!!!!!!!!!
Jan. 7, 2009, 11:53 p.m. CST
Is a synonym for speed racer, an underrated awesome movie.
Jan. 7, 2009, 11:57 p.m. CST
Or i'm gonna see a shitty 2D version cuz i live in smalltown BC?
Jan. 7, 2009, 11:58 p.m. CST
I never had a horrible date and I'm too lazy to come up with a good enough lie. I'll save this movie for Valentine weekend with the girlfriend. She's so not going to be up for it though.
Jan. 7, 2009, 11:58 p.m. CST
Jan. 7, 2009, 11:59 p.m. CST
City North is awesome, aside from the guests who are on the ghetto side but Fat Willy's across the street freakin' rocks. Love to see some love for a Chicago BBQ joint.
Jan. 8, 2009, 1:13 a.m. CST
was it shot in 24p or a higher rate to get rid of shitty 3D strobing?
Jan. 8, 2009, 1:32 a.m. CST
ive been to a few of your chicago premiers, and i appreciate them, so this makes me happy.
Jan. 8, 2009, 2:06 a.m. CST
by Some Dude
Highly recommended to genre fans.
Jan. 8, 2009, 3:53 a.m. CST
by White Goodman
and that show kicks ass. So I'll probably watch it.
Jan. 8, 2009, 11:10 a.m. CST
- Disney can now make new Indiana Jones Movies!!! But what about Paramount? -- 488 total posts 18 posts
- Big SPOILERS for X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST and APOCALYPSE as new rumors suggest a familiar face will be playing the role of APOCALYPSE!! -- 443 total posts 16 posts
- The Annual Official Fake BUTT-NUMB-A-THON 15 List!!! Plus other things like STANDBY news! -- 189 total posts 5 posts
- Penultimate HOMELAND!! New BURGERS, SIMPSONS, GUY, DAD, MENTALIST, ONCE, REVENGE, BETRAYAL, TREME & SEX!! Mandela On 60 MINUTES!! AMAZING RACE Finale!! Last MENTALIST Of 2013!! BONNIE & CLYDE Premiere!! Herc's Sunday TV Talkback!! -- 33 total posts 3 posts
- Fox To Dabble In Shared X-MEN / FF Movieverse!?!? -- 220 total posts 3 posts
- Jerry Bruckheimer has returned to Paramount and Brett Ratner's BEVERLY HILLS COP IV is now on the way (again)! -- 211 total posts 2 posts
- LIFE OF PI Scribe David Magee to Pen New NARNIA Film! -- 137 total posts 2 posts
- Harry's 49th Picks & Peeks of 2013: OCTAGON, THE WOLVERINE, more Ninjas, Serpico & Saturn 3, NASHVILLE & more! -- 194 total posts 1 post
- The Friday Docback Rounds Up This Week's DOCTOR WHO News!! 50th Celebration, 'Time of the Doctor,' HornOrSilk Reviews 'The Assassination Games' Big Finish Audio, And More!! -- 68 total posts 1 post
- The BBCs Confirm 'Time of the Doctor' DOCTOR WHO Christmas Special Transmit Times!! + New Promo Art And Pics!! -- 96 total posts 1 post