Learn How Comedy Central’s KROD MANDOON AND THE FLAMING SWORD OF FIRE Begins Its Mystical Rampage!!
I am – Hercules!!
“Krod Mandoon and The Flaming Sword of Fire,” a looming series that appears to make sport of “The Lord of the Rings,” “Xena,” and their ilk, hits Comedy Central April 9.
The channel describes the premise:
Krod Mandoon and The Flaming Sword of Fire" is a groundbreaking action-comedy set in an ancient fantasy realm. The new Comedy Central series follows reluctant hero Krod Mandoon a thin-skinned and underconfident freedom fighter, who is the last great hope in the struggle against the evil ruler, Chancellor Dongalor. To help fight the great fight, Krod has assembled a band of remarkably ineffectual freedom fighters: Aneka, the beautiful Pagan warrioress whose weapon of choice is sex, Loquasto, the oafish servant with bad aim, Zezelryck, the young warlock whose greatest magical gift is spinning BS, and Bruce, who's simply fabulous. Together, they must overcome a myriad of evil obstacles in their quest to save the world, including name-calling, hired assassins and bad hair days.
The pilot was written by Peter Knight, whose credits include UPN’s “Sweet Valley High” and “Breaker High” and Fox Family’s “Big Wolf On Campus.”
Krod is played by Sean Maguire, star of the short-lived CBS sitcom “The Class.” He also played King Leonidas in 2008’s big-screen “300” parody “Meet The Spartans.”
The first eight pages of the pilot script:
Discover Simple, Private Sharing at Drop.io
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Dec. 19, 2008, 3:31 p.m. CST
Dec. 19, 2008, 3:33 p.m. CST
completely horrible. All signs point to shit.
Dec. 19, 2008, 3:42 p.m. CST
I mean...wow. That's not exactly a 'buzz' generator. Better to bring The Guild to the network. Or better yet, Dr. Horrible. Or The Guild and Dr. Horrible in a weekly hour-long serial where each takes half an hour of an hour-long slot. Or just Shamwow commercials with Vince for half an hour instead of that tedious dreck.
Dec. 19, 2008, 3:49 p.m. CST
I'll just stick to watching The Guild thank you very much. This looks like utter crap, unless they improv the whole show like Reno 911.
Dec. 19, 2008, 3:50 p.m. CST
Hey Krod IS dork spelled backwards, maybe it has some promise....
Dec. 19, 2008, 3:58 p.m. CST
The pilot aired on Adult Swim years ago and was miles better than the first pages of this stinker.
Dec. 19, 2008, 4:13 p.m. CST
The killed both of the Coreys off (Haim and the other one) so I'm really interested to see how this shapes out. Shows like Xena are practically parodies anyway.
Dec. 19, 2008, 4:32 p.m. CST
and it's better-written too!
Dec. 19, 2008, 4:40 p.m. CST
by future help
too. (even though Aku is dead (voice)
Dec. 19, 2008, 4:41 p.m. CST
by Anna Valerious
Something has to fill the void of "Saul of the Molemen"...
Dec. 19, 2008, 5:54 p.m. CST
Drawn Togethers gay Link. I miss songs like Black Chicks Tongue.
Dec. 19, 2008, 6:48 p.m. CST
I was actually kind of pumped for this, up until the description of the last guy. Maybe it'll be good in spite of a character who bugs the shit out of me, who knows.
Dec. 19, 2008, 7:14 p.m. CST
Dec. 19, 2008, 8:21 p.m. CST
by the milf lover
syndicated show of the late 90s? That's how crappy it looks. What a shitty show Sinbad was.
Dec. 19, 2008, 9:13 p.m. CST
Comedy Central.... hmmmm no I don't sense anything funny coming from there. Till at least march or Drawn Together is resurrected.
Dec. 19, 2008, 10:30 p.m. CST
...and then i shake my head.
Dec. 20, 2008, 12:58 a.m. CST
...and then i shake your spit from my cockeye
Dec. 20, 2008, 1:02 a.m. CST
i'm off my meds. and My meds.
Dec. 20, 2008, 3:21 a.m. CST
You need them. Lost doesn't suck. Period.<p> We want to help you. Do you remember where you last put the pills?
Dec. 20, 2008, 5:10 a.m. CST
from atom.com to TV instead.
Dec. 20, 2008, 5:36 a.m. CST
all i recall is that oceanic86 kept begging me to shove them up his ass. i'm not sure if there still there, but i AM sure that i no longer want them.
Dec. 20, 2008, 5:47 a.m. CST
i like lost, i only said that other stuff cuz the other guy said the other thing. hahahahahbooooooooooooooooooooz
Dec. 20, 2008, 10:31 a.m. CST
I miss Xena.
Dec. 20, 2008, 4:58 p.m. CST
nyaaa I don't think so. That script read lamer than a quadriplegic sloth.
Dec. 20, 2008, 5:42 p.m. CST
or even animate some of the Groo books
Dec. 21, 2008, 2:51 a.m. CST
by JT Kirk
As that script falls far short of "epic", so it's just "fail". Hey, look, now I'm funnier than this show. I'm picturing Comedy Central giving it a 5 episode run then dumping it hard, and with no fanfare or marketing support whatsoever. Still, with the painful lack of new material out there lately, I'll probably give this a shot because I'm a masochist.
Dec. 21, 2008, 9:53 p.m. CST
It looks like something I would write, then go back and look at later , and then realize that it sucks.
Dec. 22, 2008, 11:25 a.m. CST
Between this and Bitches, those manatees are hard at work coming up with new shows.
Dec. 27, 2009, 4:42 p.m. CST
The articles referring to this post are offered by the essay writers thus, some people can <a href=" http://www.gogetessays.com">buy essay</a> or term papers about this.
- ‘He’s Worse Than Anybody!!’ Sunday Brings HBO’s Season Finale Of TRUE DETECTIVE!! -- 261 total posts 125 posts
- Harry shares Day 1 of SXSW which stars Jon Favreau's utterly delicious CHEF!!! -- 250 total posts 35 posts
- ‘We Got Six Bullets!!’ Sunday Brings WALKING DEAD 4.13!! -- 99 total posts 21 posts
- Hercules Says RESURRECTION Is Easily The Best Broadcast Pilot Of The 2013-14 Season And ABC’s Best Pilot In Years!! -- 54 total posts 16 posts
- 'We Mustn’t Disappoint Father!!' Check Out The Size Of Dany’s Dragons In The Latest Trailer For GAME OF THRONES Season Four!! -- 13 total posts 13 posts
- Darker ZORRO Reboot Finds its Writer! -- 310 total posts 9 posts
- Lena Dunham Hosts SNL!! Sagan COSMOS Marathon On NGC!! New UNIVERSE, OUTRAGEOUS ACTS OF SCIENCE & BLACK SAILS!! SWAMP PAWN, RAISING WHITLEY, SCORNED, COPS & CRAZY HEARTS Finales!! Hallmark’s A RING BY SPRING!! Lifetime’s A TRIP TO BOUNTIFUL!! Herc’s Saturday TV Talkback!! -- 39 total posts 8 posts
- Spring Forward With Lauren Cohen & Sonequa Martin-Green On TALKING DEAD!! Data Brokers On 60 MINUTES!! The Premieres Of Fox’s COSMOS, Lohan’s LINDSAY & Carolla’s CATCH A CONTRATOR!! The Returns Of BURGERS, SIMPSONS, GUY, ONCE & REVENGE!! New GIRLS, ISLAND, AMAZING, SHAMELESS, FIANCE, WIVES, AX!! KARDASHIANS & LOOKING Finales!! Herc’s Sunday TV Talkback!! -- 10 total posts 7 posts
- Papa Vinyard's Oscar Sunday: MANHATTAN MELODRAMA (1934) -- 7 total posts 7 posts
- Jeremy Returns With More Tales From The CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER Set! -- 95 total posts 7 posts