AICN Exclusive! The Flaming Lips - CHRISTMAS ON MARS Score - For Your Instant Satisfaction!!!
Hey folks, Harry here... Every now and again we get something cooler than Ain't It Cool should be permitted to be. Today is one of those days! I'm sure a lot of you know and love THE FLAMING LIPS... and still less of you know about their gloriously bizarre and awesome film, CHRISTMAS ON MARS!!! Actually, if you're a FLAMING LIPS fan, there's no way you don't know about it. But just in case, here's the trailer:
And you're probably aware that this supremely bizarre Christmas film is due to hit DVD shelves tomorrow:
Flaming Lips' CHRISTMAS ON MARS!!!
AND - right now - Exclusively on AICN - you can listen to the entire Flaming Lips Score for CHRISTMAS ON MARS!
Also - right now - this second you can pop over to Flaming Lips' Myspace page to take part in a Live Chat with Wayne!
This is just way too cool!
Flaming Lips' CHRISTMAS ON MARS!!!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Nov. 10, 2008, 8:14 p.m. CST
Remember that scene at the end of Ghostbusters where Mr Staypuft explodes and marshmallowy goodness falls down on everyone below? That's what it was like.
Nov. 10, 2008, 8:37 p.m. CST
I saw this at Lollapalooza a few months ago, and it was easily the worst movie I've seen all year. And this is coming from a Lips fan.
Nov. 10, 2008, 8:41 p.m. CST
by Hikaru Ichijo
Always a visual component, even today. How long have they been making this movie? Seems like ten years. Very cool soundtrack.
Nov. 10, 2008, 9:02 p.m. CST
Or at least that's the first time I remember hearing them. Now it's like 1 out of 3 bands you go see live include robots, bubbles, and a guy in a Santa suit on stage...
Nov. 10, 2008, 9:13 p.m. CST
by Sith Witch
it seems every week they're doing some sort of official event as Oklahoma's resident darlings.
Nov. 10, 2008, 9:14 p.m. CST
one of the greatest nights of my life. i am usually paralyzed with an inability to dance. not that night. also check out wayne's guitar hero guitar. heeelarious. also. he looks like afonso cuaron.
Nov. 10, 2008, 9:30 p.m. CST
Damn You, Bret Ratner
Nov. 10, 2008, 9:55 p.m. CST
Their newer shows... pretty boring. I left the last one I went to, because I was bored to tears. They played in a small baseball field near my house way back when, and melted my fucking eyes off!
Nov. 10, 2008, 11:04 p.m. CST
Go straight to the source http://www.flaminglips.com/christmassplash/#
Nov. 11, 2008, 12:27 a.m. CST
... they keep coming up with better and better media experiments. What other band does this nowadays AND actually makes good music?! LOVE THEM!
Nov. 11, 2008, 12:57 a.m. CST
But I missed it because The Cure played four three hours. Wayne Coyne and pals were walking around that day at the Sasquatch festival up in Washington, handing out tickets to their movie, which would debut in a circus tent they rented at midnight. I didn't really regret missing the movie since I got to see their concert the next day. Plus, The Cure was way better than I thought The Cure could be.
Nov. 11, 2008, 1:23 a.m. CST
Those without dance find it on stage with the Lips while dressed as giant stuffed dogs.
Nov. 11, 2008, 1:28 a.m. CST
by Napoleon Park
about a Life On Mars Christmas Special? Too bad, the Blackadder and Dr. Who Christmas Specials were pretty cool.
Nov. 11, 2008, 6:35 a.m. CST
by jack scagnetti
that trailer looked like excrement.
Nov. 11, 2008, 11:15 a.m. CST
by eric haislar
But i think i need to trip acid to enjoy this film.
Nov. 11, 2008, 11:21 a.m. CST
Adam Goldberg's scene is the best part of this film.
Nov. 11, 2008, 4:09 p.m. CST
by Mosquito March
...but CHRISTMAS ON MARS isn't. It screened in Orlando after I made the local art house theater aware of it. After sitting through the film, I felt embarrassed. I didn't expect it to be great, but I expected it to at least be entertaining in a quirky way. It just wasn't. It played like a wannabe hybrid of DARK STAR and ERASERHEAD, and the acting and pacing were pure torture. Even Adam Goldberg was terrible as a result of the cockeyed editing.
Nov. 11, 2008, 7:04 p.m. CST
Just bought my copy and can't wait to watch it!
Nov. 11, 2008, 10:43 p.m. CST
Nov. 11, 2008, 11:34 p.m. CST
Nov. 12, 2008, 10:38 a.m. CST
... and I have to say I've never met more cool, down to earth rock stars (with the possible exceptions of Sonic Youth and Go Go Bordello.) These guys absolutely rock in the purest sense of the word, and they're pretty damn hilarious to boot. I wish them success with the film. It looks interesting but I'm willing to bet the soundtrack is the thing.
Nov. 12, 2008, 8:18 p.m. CST
I love the Flaming Lips, even if they suck life (I went to one of their shows - the presentation is great but Wayne's voice was totally dead). Definitely going to pick this one up.
Nov. 13, 2008, 9:32 a.m. CST
It was years before I could get the title song from 'Duck Dodgers' out of my head. Oh, wait, it's back....
- 1st wk of Sept 2014's PICKS & PEEKS with Universal Monsters, FIRESTARTER, Eco-Terrorism, swords & fantasy! -- 166 total posts 162 posts
- A Badass GAME OF THRONES Sword Guy Has Apparently Been Cast In STAR WARS EPISODE VII!! -- 84 total posts 84 posts
- See Luke Evans' Kinect Bats In This New DRACULA UNTOLD Trailer!! -- 41 total posts 41 posts
- BBC Issues DOCTOR WHO: ‘Robot of Sherwood’ Promo Images!! + DOCTOR WHO EXTRAs For ‘Deep Breath’ And ‘Into the Dalek’ Are Now On YouTube!! -- 35 total posts 35 posts
- This New Trailer For MONSTERS: DARK CONTINENT Is Looking Promising!! -- 34 total posts 34 posts
- The Friday Docback Crawls ‘Into The Dalek’!! Reader Reaction For DOCTOR WHO S08E02 Is Here!! + HornOrSilk's 'Breaking Bubbles and Other Stories' Big Finish Audio Review, Clips, And More!! -- 431 total posts 18 posts
- Who is in consideration to take the role of Snake in the ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK remake!?! -- 730 total posts 16 posts
- AICN COMICS PODCAST reviews GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY! WAYWARD! SUNDOWNERS! & More! -- 16 total posts 16 posts
- The DRUNK HISTORY Finale!! HOUDINI Finale!! ROYAL PAINS Finale!! RIZZOLI & ISLES Finale!! HARD KNOCKS Finale!! New TALENT, CARTER, GEAR, LITTLE, LIARS, MATADOR, WIZARD!! The Chenbot On LETTERMAN!! Brienne Of Tarth On CRAIG!! Herc’s Tuesday TV Talkback!! -- 15 total posts 15 posts
- Final PICKS & PEEKS of Aug 2014: LEGEND OF HELL HOUSE, Zombies, FOSSE, RATS, Nukes & Teens!!! -- 385 total posts 13 posts