Have you signed up for Fantastic Fest's EAGLE EYE Scavenger Hunt
Hey folks, Harry here - wanted to make sure you folks saw this! There's some pretty sweet prizes being given at the end of this Scavenger Hunt including a mini HD Panasonic HDCSD5 camera - and just general fun! SO read up below and enter if you feel you're up to the challenge!
As it was attached in front of INDIANA JONES AND THE KINGDOM OF THE CRYSTAL SKULL, I assume that everyone in the world has seen the heart-pounding trailer for EAGLE EYE, a race-against-time thriller starring Shia LaBeouf, Michelle Monaghan, Rosario Dawson, Anthony Mackie and Billy Bob Thornton. In EAGLE EYE, Jerry Shaw (LaBeouf) and Rachel Holloman (Monaghan) are two strangers thrown together by a mysterious phone call from a woman they have never met. Threatening their lives and family, she pushes Jerry and Rachel into a series of increasingly dangerous situations - using the technology of everyday life to track and control their every move. As the situation escalates, these two ordinary people become the country's most wanted fugitives, who must work together to discover what is really happening - and more importantly, why. Fantastic Fest has teamed with Paramount Pictures to create the EAGLE EYE SCAVENGER HUNT. Sign up for the hunt and sometime between the hours of 2 PM and 3 PM on Friday, September 19, your cell phone will ring, the first step in your own intricate and diabolical adventure. The scavenger hunt is free. All you need to play is a text enabled cell phone and a digital camera. Teams can be from one to four persons. The hunt will be geographically limited, in and around the Long Center/Lamar area, so you do not need a vehicle of any kind to complete the hunt. In fact, once you arrive on scene for the first clue, it will be faster to complete it on foot. Anyone is welcome: you do not need to be a Fantastic Fest badge holder to compete. This scavenger hunt is suitable for participants 12 and up. We recommend that out-of-towners include at least one local resident on their team. The winner of the scavenger hunt will receive a mini HD Panasonic HDCSD5 camera. We will have 2nd and 3rd place prices for the runners up. Everyone who enters the contest will get free tickets for all of their team members to a special sneak preview screening of EAGLE EYE introduced by D.J. Caruso at 7:00 PM on Friday, September 19, immediately following the hunt. Prizes will be awarded after the screening. Don't just watch the movie, completely immerse yourself in the experience, enter the EAGLE EYE SCAVENGER HUNT. To sign up your team, email us at EagleEye@FantasticFest.Com and include a list of your 1-4 team numbers and your team's cell phone. We will send you a text to confirm the number prior to the start of the hunt. As the sneak preview of EAGLE EYE will be full from Fantastic Fest VIP badge holders, the scavenger hunt may very well be your only chance to get into the show! EAGLE EYE, released through DreamWorks/Paramount Distribution, hits screens nationwide on September 26, 2008.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Sept. 17, 2008, 1:58 a.m. CST
Sept. 17, 2008, 2:17 a.m. CST
Sept. 17, 2008, 5:53 a.m. CST
is it just me or does the woman's voice on the phone sound like one of those Apple computer voices?
Sept. 17, 2008, 7:10 a.m. CST
by John L Raiser
Where the hell is that? Maybe put something in the title instead of letting the fact that this is only for a tiny amount of people only come out when you're 3/4 of the way through the article?
Sept. 17, 2008, 8:19 a.m. CST
Well it says FANTASTIC FEST'S Scavenger Hunt... It doesn't take much to figure out this is for Fantastic Fest goers. If you're at the fest, you'll be near the Long Center and Lamar. I'm just upset I cannot participate, I'm working during the fest, only get to enjoy the movies at night (when the real action is anyways...)
Sept. 17, 2008, 8:41 a.m. CST
Not sure why you do this to yourself, Harry. Haven't you noticed by now that talkbackers aren't exactly fond of Mr. LaBeouf? Advertising a contest related to a Shia LaBeouf movie on here seems like going to a PETA meeting wearing a leather trenchcoat and eating a Big Mac. But hey, I'm sure you've done that too.
Sept. 17, 2008, 9:28 a.m. CST
"You've changed things. Forever." Indeed.
Sept. 17, 2008, 5:27 p.m. CST
My review from the premier that I sent to Moriarty hasn't been posted, probably because of this whole Fantastic Fest tie-in. AICN doesn't want fest-goers to know how big of a disaster this thing really is. http://shumwayscorner.blogspot.com/
Sept. 17, 2008, 10:47 p.m. CST
Played it at eagleeyefreefall DOT com and was (a touch) better than your average viral/game promo. FYI if you like that type of stuff...
- BARBIE. The Movie. -- 148 total posts 18 posts
- There Will Soon Be No More Orci / Kurtzman Movies!?!? + One Of Them Is Pushing To Direct The Third JJVerse STAR TREK Film!! -- 352 total posts 15 posts
- The First Official BTS Shots From JURASSIC WORLD Are Here!! -- 82 total posts 14 posts
- They're going to have to look for another MIDNIGHT RIDER, because after that tragedy, William Hurt ain't stickin' around! -- 42 total posts 13 posts
- UPDATED (21:55): Trailer taken down by IFC! The trailer for BOYHOOD takes us through a decade-plus of the life of young lead actor Ellan Coltrane! -- 20 total posts 12 posts
- Tom Hardy (as twins) and Emily Browning to star in Brian Helgeland's gangster flick, LEGEND! -- 19 total posts 10 posts
- Robert Downey Jr. seems to be tweeting a picture a day from the set of Avengers: Age of Ultron... -- 111 total posts 10 posts
- "Where do you stand on Michael Buble?" "His windpipe?" Steve Coogan and Rob Brydon have more celebrity impressions up their sleeves in THE TRIP TO ITALY trailer! -- 30 total posts 8 posts
- Director Colin Trevorrow Talks The Bigger Picture Of JURASSIC WORLD!! -- 71 total posts 7 posts
- Check Out the Trailer for EJECTA - From PONTYPOOL Scribe Tony Burgess! -- 13 total posts 6 posts