AICN COMICS SPECIAL CONTEST & PREVIEW FOR THE NIGHTMARE FACTORY VOLUME 2!!!
Hey folks, Ambush Bug here. Just wanted to pop in and let you all know about a contest we have going on. To commemorate the release of THE NIGHTMARE FACTORY Volume 2 from FOX Atomic, we want to give away a copy of the book to five lucky Talkbackers.
I haven’t been able to take a look at this new anthology, but I remember loving the first volume of this horror series from some of the industries top writing and artistic talent adapting tales of terror by Thomas Ligotti. Check out this one page preview from three of the stories featured in this book.
Spooky stuff. THE NIGHTMARE FACTORY VOLUME 2 features stories by Stuart Moore and Joe Harris with art from Nick Stakal, Toby Cypress, Vasilis Lolos, and Bill Sienkiewicz and will be available at cooler comic shops on September 2nd.
Oh yeah, the contest. All you have to do is send me your most pee-inducing, toe-curling, spine-tingling nightmare. Last time we did this, we got some genuinely frightening entries. Hopefully, you guys can top yourselves with this one. Deadline for this contest is next Friday and the five lucky dreamers will be announced in a future AICN Comics SHOOT THE MESSENGER Column. Be sure to check out THE NIGHTMARE FACTORY VOLUME 2 when it hits the shelves next week. Good luck and remember those nightmares.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Aug. 29, 2008, 8:16 a.m. CST
Aug. 29, 2008, 8:28 a.m. CST
A True Dream: I dreamt that I was The Hulk (Only I was being played by Jim Carrey. [Eeeeeek!]) And a mysterious nemesis had somehow affected my powers. Bruce Banner could now only become The Hulk when made angry specifically by his girlfriend. (What will become of Metropolis?!) However, Bruce Banner still continued turning into the Hulk far too often with this plan in action. My unseen villain tried a second time: He reduced Banners capabilities of Hulking yet again. Now I could only turn into the Hulk by yelling at a woman the key phrase "Hey! Blow my load!" at them. (What HORROR!) Bruce Banner, the loneliest man in the world, was reduced to whoring himself around the city shouting "Hey! Blow my load!" at every tramp he could find. (Please, PLEASE NO MORE! I CANNOT FATHOM SUCH TERROR!) And finally, my hidden antagonist revealed himself to be.....None other than the one-eyed, dreadlock-clad Samuel L. Jackson. (GASP) Who quickly turned in the final moments of dreamworld to a ceiling-standing Spider-Man and demanded - likely for some forthcoming nefarious scheme - that the ensalved webslinger "Finish that math problem!"........To be continued?
Aug. 29, 2008, 8:31 a.m. CST
Aug. 29, 2008, 8:38 a.m. CST
Someone cut my front teeth off with toenail clippers.
Aug. 31, 2008, 11:40 p.m. CST
Not only somehow manages to get movies like Hillhave Eyes 2: Die Harder, and Touritas into more theaters then Fox Searchlights Daywatch and Sunshine, but they also do comics? WHAT? crazy.
- First Trailer for EDGE OF TOMORROW, Starring Tom Cruise and Emily Blunt! -- 234 total posts 234 posts
- Sony has hired a writer for BAD BOYS 3, plus updates on the MEN IN BLACK and GHOSTBUSTERS franchises!! -- 283 total posts 203 posts
- Is Jason Clarke Our New John Connor? -- 181 total posts 181 posts
- A Poster For The Badass Looking GODZILLA!! -- 139 total posts 139 posts
- Ohmygod Ohmygod, you guys! The Godzilla trailer! -- 677 total posts 120 posts
- Our First Sense Of Uni's FAST AND THE FURIOUS 7 Strategy?? -- 118 total posts 118 posts
- DAWN OF THE PLANET OF THE APES Teaser Posters Portend The Arrival Of Next Week's Trailer!! -- 114 total posts 114 posts
- WORLD WAR Z 2 is a go and Paramount has found a director to helm the sequel. -- 159 total posts 88 posts
- Samuel L. Jackson in Talks for David Yates' TARZAN! -- 75 total posts 75 posts
- Trailer for LEGENDS OF OZ: DOROTHY'S RETURN! -- 143 total posts 69 posts