AICN COMICS SPECIAL CONTEST & PREVIEW FOR THE NIGHTMARE FACTORY VOLUME 2!!!
Hey folks, Ambush Bug here. Just wanted to pop in and let you all know about a contest we have going on. To commemorate the release of THE NIGHTMARE FACTORY Volume 2 from FOX Atomic, we want to give away a copy of the book to five lucky Talkbackers.
I haven’t been able to take a look at this new anthology, but I remember loving the first volume of this horror series from some of the industries top writing and artistic talent adapting tales of terror by Thomas Ligotti. Check out this one page preview from three of the stories featured in this book.
Spooky stuff. THE NIGHTMARE FACTORY VOLUME 2 features stories by Stuart Moore and Joe Harris with art from Nick Stakal, Toby Cypress, Vasilis Lolos, and Bill Sienkiewicz and will be available at cooler comic shops on September 2nd.
Oh yeah, the contest. All you have to do is send me your most pee-inducing, toe-curling, spine-tingling nightmare. Last time we did this, we got some genuinely frightening entries. Hopefully, you guys can top yourselves with this one. Deadline for this contest is next Friday and the five lucky dreamers will be announced in a future AICN Comics SHOOT THE MESSENGER Column. Be sure to check out THE NIGHTMARE FACTORY VOLUME 2 when it hits the shelves next week. Good luck and remember those nightmares.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Aug. 29, 2008, 8:16 a.m. CST
Aug. 29, 2008, 8:28 a.m. CST
A True Dream: I dreamt that I was The Hulk (Only I was being played by Jim Carrey. [Eeeeeek!]) And a mysterious nemesis had somehow affected my powers. Bruce Banner could now only become The Hulk when made angry specifically by his girlfriend. (What will become of Metropolis?!) However, Bruce Banner still continued turning into the Hulk far too often with this plan in action. My unseen villain tried a second time: He reduced Banners capabilities of Hulking yet again. Now I could only turn into the Hulk by yelling at a woman the key phrase "Hey! Blow my load!" at them. (What HORROR!) Bruce Banner, the loneliest man in the world, was reduced to whoring himself around the city shouting "Hey! Blow my load!" at every tramp he could find. (Please, PLEASE NO MORE! I CANNOT FATHOM SUCH TERROR!) And finally, my hidden antagonist revealed himself to be.....None other than the one-eyed, dreadlock-clad Samuel L. Jackson. (GASP) Who quickly turned in the final moments of dreamworld to a ceiling-standing Spider-Man and demanded - likely for some forthcoming nefarious scheme - that the ensalved webslinger "Finish that math problem!"........To be continued?
Aug. 29, 2008, 8:31 a.m. CST
Aug. 29, 2008, 8:38 a.m. CST
Someone cut my front teeth off with toenail clippers.
Aug. 31, 2008, 11:40 p.m. CST
Not only somehow manages to get movies like Hillhave Eyes 2: Die Harder, and Touritas into more theaters then Fox Searchlights Daywatch and Sunshine, but they also do comics? WHAT? crazy.
- Harry shares Day 1 of SXSW which stars Jon Favreau's utterly delicious CHEF!!! -- 17 total posts 17 posts
- Darker ZORRO Reboot Finds its Writer! -- 218 total posts 14 posts
- Fox Renews For Next Season THE MINDY PROJECT, THE FOLLOWING, BROOKLYN NINE-NINE And NEW GIRL!! -- 26 total posts 9 posts
- Learn What Happens Next On HBO’s GAME OF THRONES!! -- 85 total posts 9 posts
- Quint eats up Jon Favreau's CHEF, opening night flick of SXSW 2014! -- 7 total posts 7 posts
- Karen Gillan has Night Terrors in this First OCULUS Clip! -- 6 total posts 6 posts
- Will the sun come out tomorrow!?! The first trailer for the remake of ANNIE is here! -- 568 total posts 6 posts
- New Trailer for Jim Jarmusch's ONLY LOVERS LEFT ALIVE! -- 5 total posts 5 posts
- Eric Bana Wants to DELIVER US FROM EVIL in this New Trailer! -- 48 total posts 5 posts
- SXSW 2014: Jeremy Finds THAT GUY DICK MILLER A Warm, Worthy Tribute To A National Treasure! -- 11 total posts 5 posts