Live in Chicago? Wanna ask Sam Rockwell a question after a screening of CHOKE? Capone has the details!!
Hey everyone. Capone in Chicago with an interesting and exciting opportunity for folks in Chicago. I was contacted recently to moderate a Q&A next week with Sam Rockwell after a screening of his latest film, CHOKE. I've seen the film, and naturally I said 'Yes' as fast as I could get the word out of my mouth. This wasn't meant to be an Ain't It Cool event (it's actually a more private affair), but I proposed a way to those in charge to make it fun for a select few readers. Now I know that there are more than enough of you in the Chicago area to fill an entire theater, and I'll definitely have loads of tickets to a screening of the film closer to its release date. But that's not what I'm hear to talk about. On the evening Wednesday, September 3 there will be a special screening of CHOKE at a location in downtown Chicago. The exact time and place will be given only to winners. After the screening, Sam Rockwell will answer your questions at a Q&A that I'll moderate. I'm talking about THE Sam Rockwell, one of most interesting, exciting, and diverse actors working right now. Just in the last year or so, he starring in three of my favorite recent films--JOSHUA, THE ASSASSINATION OF JESSE JAMES BY THE COWARD ROBERT FORD, and the unbelievably great SNOW ANGELS. He's also impressed me with performances in THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY, MATCHSTICK MEN, CHARLIE'S ANGELS, GALAXY QUEST, THE GREEN MILE, SAFE MEN, and his tour de force role as Chuck Barris in CONFESSIONS OF A DANGEROUS MIND. Yeah, THAT Sam Rockwell. This is going to be a smaller gathering than we usually have, and most of the audience will be made up of college students. But I've managed to score 10 VIP seats just for AICN readers. I'll give out exactly 10 tickets, each good for ONE PERSON (no guests!). Here's how to win: Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "CHOKE ON THIS!!" In the body of the email, I need your full name, and the question you are going to ask Sam Rockwell, if you get picked to ask one. I'm not promising that all of you will get selected (in fact, all of you won't get chosen), but I want to know we have at least 10 solid questions out there in that audience for this kick-ass a guest. Simple as that. I'll take entries for 24 hours, and then that's it. So at midnight (CST) Wednesday night, this contest is done. I'll look over every single email that comes in and see which questions are the 10 best. All winners will get an email from me with the details on the screening and I'll post the list of 10 winners on the site as well come Thursday morning. Good luck everyone. -- Capone email@example.com
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Aug. 27, 2008, 12:09 a.m. CST
I didn't like the book.
Aug. 27, 2008, 12:31 a.m. CST
why is no one commenting
Aug. 27, 2008, 1:07 a.m. CST
..will be great. Hopefully. It's like a baron wasteland in here. What the Eff?!!
Aug. 27, 2008, 1:22 a.m. CST
And I'll be there.
Aug. 27, 2008, 2 a.m. CST
But shit, as a fellow Portlander any success the guy has is great. Keeping Portland Weird on a national scale, way ta go Chuck!
Aug. 27, 2008, 5:48 a.m. CST
Aug. 27, 2008, 7:23 a.m. CST
by Dan the Geek
Sam Rockwell can pretty much do anything you let him sink his teeth into a'la Gary Oldman. And the book will pretty much give anyone reading it a boner (regardless of physical limitation or sexual orientation) whilst reading it from Chapter 2 on. But having only seen the trailer that was up a few weeks back, I have to wonder how much of the essence of that story makes it into the film. I really dig how Rockwell's lethargy as Victor in the trailer mirrors Edward Norton's protagonist/Jack in FC. Oh and it's fantastic to see Angelica Huston in anything these days. Cheers
Aug. 27, 2008, 9:27 a.m. CST
Question 2 - How did Mark Ruffalo get your role from ZOdiac?
Aug. 27, 2008, 3:11 p.m. CST
this is going down at my school...so its a contest i dont have to enter, for once!
Aug. 27, 2008, 3:27 p.m. CST
I thought he was fantastic in matchstick men and confessions of a dangerous mind.I'll definitely go see choke.i hear the book is great
Aug. 27, 2008, 5:09 p.m. CST
is really good. The low budget, grimy, realistic look works, different from the music video stylings of Fight Club - not knocking that movie. It's pretty funny too. Ask Rockwell about that sci-fi movie Moon he shot in the UK a few months back.
Aug. 28, 2008, 3:04 a.m. CST
- You're going to have to wait until 2017 to fly again with Hiccup and Toothless in HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON 3! -- 38 total posts 11 posts
- 1st wk of Sept 2014's PICKS & PEEKS with Universal Monsters, FIRESTARTER, Eco-Terrorism, swords & fantasy! -- 228 total posts 10 posts
- WIRE Reunion!! Clarke Peters Joins Winona Ryder, James Belushi, Daniel Stern, Alfred Molina, Catherine Keener And Oscar Isaac For David Simon’s HBO Class-Warfare Miniseries SHOW ME A HERO!! -- 19 total posts 8 posts
- Guillermo del Toro and Legendary Teaming Up with YouTube for Halloween Short Films Project! -- 38 total posts 7 posts
- A Badass GAME OF THRONES Sword Guy Has Apparently Been Cast In STAR WARS EPISODE VII!! -- 164 total posts 5 posts
- Russell Crowe and Ryan Gosling to bust some heads as Shane Black's NICE GUYS in July 2016! -- 42 total posts 5 posts
- Ridley Scott Says The BLADE RUNNER Sequel Is Written And It’s… -- 470 total posts 4 posts
- BBC Issues DOCTOR WHO: ‘Robot of Sherwood’ Promo Images!! + DOCTOR WHO EXTRAs For ‘Deep Breath’ And ‘Into the Dalek’ Are Now On YouTube!! -- 81 total posts 4 posts
-- 25 total posts 3 posts
- New Red-Band Trailer For ABCs OF DEATH 2 Ain't Fucking Around! -- 36 total posts 2 posts