Scorsese May Direct First TV Show Since AMAZING STORIES!!
I am – Hercules!!
Martin Scorsese (“The Departed”) may direct HBO’s “Boardwalk Empire” pilot, which would mark his first non-documentary directorial effort for television since the 1986 “Mirror Mirror” episode of “Amazing Stories” starring Sam Waterston.
“Boardwalk,” about the rise of gambling in Atlantic City in the 1920s, is based on the book "Boardwalk Empire: The Birth, High Times, and Corruption of Atlantic City" by Nelson Johnson. The pilot script was written by “Sopranos” vet Terence Winter.
Read all of the Hollywood Reporter’s story on the matter here.
$9.99: Serenity Collector’s Edition!!
Today's The Final Day Of
The 40% Off Disney Blu-ray Sale!!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Aug. 8, 2008, 12:49 a.m. CST
I kid, I kid
Aug. 8, 2008, 1:57 a.m. CST
He can keep directing like an asian kid makes clothes in sweatshops but his zillion of movies wil never reach the heights of Godfather 1 and 2, Apocalypse Now, The Conversation.
Aug. 8, 2008, 2:07 a.m. CST
Scorsese hasn't made a "Jack" either.
Aug. 8, 2008, 2:11 a.m. CST
by brain drill
is that just the only version on youtube?
Aug. 8, 2008, 3:30 a.m. CST
Aug. 8, 2008, 4:10 a.m. CST
Those are great films, but Taxi Driver, Raging Bull and Goodfellas are their equal.
Aug. 8, 2008, 4:13 a.m. CST
hard, and i agree he's made the better movies recently over Coppola's last ones, but his best were never as artistically ambitious as Coppola's best.
Aug. 8, 2008, 4:36 a.m. CST
Off the top of my head, I can list about twenty. C'mon,do your research.
Aug. 8, 2008, 4:52 a.m. CST
Hell, all those big directors should do it at least once.
Aug. 8, 2008, 6:22 a.m. CST
It's been a while since I've seen it, but does it not conclude with a monster, OUT OF NOWHERE, just running out of Waterson's mirror, and then bursting into flames as it runs through the window and off his balcony? And that's the ending.
Aug. 8, 2008, 6:24 a.m. CST
Youth Without Youth.
Aug. 8, 2008, 7:06 a.m. CST
Then other famous directors/actors can do ads. As long as the ads are well made, who cares if they do commercials?
Aug. 8, 2008, 7:30 a.m. CST
Scorese + a Sopranos writer = DOOM watching.<p>Plus, DOOM is grateful to Sam Waterston for tipping DOOM off to the fact that robots eat old peoples' pills for fuel!
Aug. 8, 2008, 8:24 a.m. CST
Or do you count documentaries?? Episode of documentary series "The Blues" in 2003, coshared directorial duties for "Lady by the Sea: Statue of Liberty" in 2004, "My voyage to Italy" in 2002, "The Concert for NYC" segment in 2001... and of course the music video "Bad" for Michael Jackson in 1987. (Of course, I'd rather see his feature films and detailed life of the mob. Can't go a month without Goodfellas playing. And The Departed and Gangs are doing well on multiple viewings.)
Aug. 8, 2008, 8:37 a.m. CST
by Stuntcock Mike
Aug. 8, 2008, 8:58 a.m. CST
"Gangbangs of New York" would also work.
Aug. 8, 2008, 9:36 a.m. CST
he would direct an ep of Mad Men. What a match that would be! Of course, it would open with a 5 minute tracking shot of Don leaving his car and going through the building to get to his office.
Aug. 8, 2008, 9:43 a.m. CST
by Nasty In The Pasty
The ending was kind of silly, but overall, it was pretty creepy and beautifully shot. Great Michael Kamen score, as well.
Aug. 8, 2008, 12:10 p.m. CST
That's the most original idea for a series since that new Fox show about FBI agents investigating the paranormal.
Aug. 8, 2008, 12:53 p.m. CST
for Larry David? Scorsese can direct him for real!
Aug. 8, 2008, 1:13 p.m. CST
...and he had a cameo in "Cannonball!"
Aug. 8, 2008, 3:30 p.m. CST
Everyone knows that the early mob was primarily Jewish. <p> Somehow we got sidetracked into only Italian mob.
Aug. 8, 2008, 3:36 p.m. CST
I would absolutely love to see that opening.
Aug. 8, 2008, 3:51 p.m. CST
I mean really. A story about Martin Scorsese and instead of commenting on it, the first thing is a comparison to Coppola? And the tone too. Where did that come from? Seriously. Look at that first comment. It's filled with such bitterness. Anger even. ... Anyway, right on, Marty. I'll be watching it.
Aug. 9, 2008, 1:14 a.m. CST
And then asks if it can squeeze its nutsack.
Aug. 29, 2008, 5:14 p.m. CST
Aug. 29, 2008, 6:48 p.m. CST
now that we're alone...
- Bryan Singer signals... the APOCALYPSE... X-MEN fans should be getting giddy! -- 322 total posts 29 posts
- We have the first trailer for THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 right here and it hints towards some pretty exciting things!! -- 614 total posts 19 posts
- The BBCs Confirm 'Time of the Doctor' DOCTOR WHO Christmas Special Transmit Times!! + New Promo Art And Pics!! -- 45 total posts 6 posts
- Fan Of The 2010 Paul Bettany Angry Angel Movie LEGION?? Syfy Just Ordered To Series The TV Version!! -- 27 total posts 4 posts
- Herc’s Seen Tonight’s First Two Episodes Of Frank Darabont’s New TNT Series MOB CITY!! -- 20 total posts 3 posts
- WARCRAFT is getting its cast together! Adds Ben Foster, Dominic Cooper, Toby Kebbell, and more! -- 96 total posts 3 posts
- Universal Releases A Nice Tribute To Paul Walker... -- 103 total posts 3 posts
- Watch Tom Hiddleston sway with Tilda Swinton in this clip from ONLY LOVERS LEFT ALIVE! -- 17 total posts 3 posts
- Our first clip from the VERONICA MARS movie! Plus, a release date!! -- 71 total posts 2 posts
- New Trailer and Poster for DEVIL'S DUE! -- 31 total posts 2 posts