Developing Three Comic Book Titles Into TV-Movies!!
I am – Hercules!!
The Cartoon Network is developing three comic book titles into TV-movies.
“Firebreather,” an Image title from creator Phil Hester (“Green Arrow”), is about a son of divorced parents who share custody – a soccer mom who wants him to pursue college and a 300-foot dragon that wants him to conquer Earth.
“Mice Templar,” an Image title from Mike Avond Oeming (“Thor: Blood Oath”) and Bryan Glass, deals with a young mouse who becomes a mystical warrior to rescue his family from rat slave-masters.
“The Vanishers,” an IDW title from author Chuck Dixon (“Batman”), is about a fifth-grader who travels back to medieval England to save his friends.
“Vanishers” will be live action; the others are envisioned as computer-animated. Read all of TV Week’s story on the matter here.
60% Off Every Episode Of
ENTOURAGE’s First Three Seasons!!
42 Episodes: $63.99!!
List price is $159.98!!
Includes Rainn Wilson Playing A Dildo-Happy Harry Knowles At Comic Con!!
Sale Expires In Less Than 24 Hours!!
Dracula’s Hilarious Return!!
Buffy's Shocking Post-Spike Romance!!
Season Eight: Volume Three!!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
July 24, 2008, 1:40 a.m. CST
I can't wait - check these titles out if you haven't read them! Thanks for the update, Herc!
July 24, 2008, 1:58 a.m. CST
I'd watch that !
July 24, 2008, 2:02 a.m. CST
C'mon. That was witty.
July 24, 2008, 3:21 a.m. CST
but the other two dont stand out has different enough or groundbreaking enough.
July 24, 2008, 3:48 a.m. CST
suck massive balls.
July 24, 2008, 5:18 a.m. CST
and the boys is already optioned for the big screen
July 24, 2008, 5:53 a.m. CST
and no, that's not a joke. That project was/is in the works.
July 24, 2008, 6:10 a.m. CST
July 24, 2008, 6:39 a.m. CST
by Judge Briggs
Brilliant cartoon! With Conroy, of course!
July 24, 2008, 6:56 a.m. CST
animated. Give me traditional animation.
July 24, 2008, 7:08 a.m. CST
would be the best choice. Anything else, just says "F You" to the audience.
July 24, 2008, 7:45 a.m. CST
Of all the comic properties out there this is the best the could come up with? How about Batman and The Outsiders? If you don't want to pay to use the Batman character have them led by Nightwing like they were in the comics for a time. Whatever happened to the Buffy cartoon? Hell if you can't do Buffy do Fray. Point is there are a million better ideas than this.
July 24, 2008, 8:34 a.m. CST
I think Fables would make a very good TV series that could even be live action.
July 24, 2008, 8:42 a.m. CST
...we must send you limeys some dentists!!!
July 24, 2008, 9:51 a.m. CST
Just make a CGI Mouse Guard and do it as real as you can. Fuck, I'd settle for a Milo & Otis sequel at this point...
July 24, 2008, 10:26 a.m. CST
who gives a fuck?
July 24, 2008, 11:25 a.m. CST
im digging this book. i like oemings art. story, while derivative of (pick your influence) is pretty cool. they should definitely use his art as a guideline.
July 24, 2008, 11:26 a.m. CST
I second this. Bring this back. I have like 20 on my DVR. OR they should at least show more than the last 2 seasons.
July 24, 2008, 12:30 p.m. CST
Well, thanks for wasting my time, Cartoon Network. Oh, and thanks so much for all these wonderful live-action shows and movies on a frickin' CARTOON NETWORK. Somebody should really start up a Live-Action Network one of these days so I can watch some cartoons on it.
July 24, 2008, 12:41 p.m. CST
Loved the original mini-series despite the flat ending, so I'm looking forward to sitting down with a nice glass of lemonade and watching this.
July 24, 2008, 12:45 p.m. CST
by Cletus Van Damme
I watch reruns nightly on Boomerang/Cartoon Network or whatever the hell.
July 24, 2008, 12:49 p.m. CST
I will pass on the other two.
July 24, 2008, 2:52 p.m. CST
by jimmy rabbitte
maybe I'm just getting old...
July 24, 2008, 3:49 p.m. CST
I have them all on dvd, that is the best cartoon series ever, DC done right! those shows make me realize how much Dark Knight sucked!
July 24, 2008, 6:19 p.m. CST
I really hope somewhere, somone is considering making IceWind Dale into a cartoon. It must happen...
July 24, 2008, 6:48 p.m. CST
Three comics nobody reads. Terrific.
July 24, 2008, 7:18 p.m. CST
July 24, 2008, 8:32 p.m. CST
No PLANETARY ... they shoul do PLANET TERRY!
July 24, 2008, 9:40 p.m. CST
They did an animated series based on Brian Jacques' Redwall novels. It was fairly faithful to the books, and the animation was decent. The stories were cleaned up and less violent than the books, though. Never heard of Mice Templar, but the plot sounds like Redwall.
July 24, 2008, 11:23 p.m. CST
I don't even know why i bother commenting here at all since you said everything I wanted to.
- 100 Lucky Ones will see AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 here in Austin on April 30th! -- 51 total posts 51 posts
- ‘I Have Something To Say To The People Of Meereen!!’ The Stormborn Returns For Tonight’s Third GAME OF THRONES Of 2014!! -- 103 total posts 26 posts
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 510 total posts 13 posts
- Papa Vinyard Saw THE HATEFUL EIGHT Script Reading Last Night And Here's His Review! -- 33 total posts 10 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 265 total posts 9 posts
- This Week's Saturday Shorts: Parkour, Compliments, and Getting Pooped on! -- 14 total posts 8 posts
- So, what's Steven Spielberg's slate looking like these days? -- 219 total posts 5 posts
- ‘Why Don’t We Just Start Our Own Agency??’ Sunday Brings One Of The 13 Final MAD MENs!! -- 22 total posts 4 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 333 total posts 4 posts
- AICN HORROR looks at PROXY! THE LASHMAN! 13 SINS! CAMP DREAD! ROULETTE! POSEIDON REX! CONFINE! DEATH DO US PART! PSYCHOPHONY: AN EXPERIMENT IN EVIL! MONSTERS TV Series! HOWLS! & WOLF CREEK 2! -- 11 total posts 3 posts