Want to Join Us For PRINCE CASPIAN at Drafthouse South?
Hey folks, Harry here - So far we've been presenting you local Texan readers of AICN with a good deal of screening events here at the Alamo South - and hopefully that run will continue. This week we have PRINCE CASPIAN lined up - and it should be something fun. Moriarty has seen it - and enjoyed it, but he can't say that due to "Embargo" - but nobody told me I couldn't say that Moriarty liked it... God forbid we tell you that. Heh. Anyway - we'll be seeing for ourselves quite shortly... Hope to see you there!
Free Screening May 15: Prince Caspian Fantastic Fest and Ain't It Cool News present A special sneak preview screening of THE CHRONICLES OF NARNIA: PRINCE CASPIAN on Thursday, May 15 at 7:30 PM. I read ALL of this series back to back as a devoted 12 year old fantasy nerd, and that early programming continues to drive my enthusiasm to a fever pitch with each new film installment. We saw a sneak preview of footage from Prince Caspian at this most recent Buttnumbathon and while most of it was nothing more than guys in green pants against a green background with rough vector renderings of swashbuckling rats, I still had chills run up and down my spine. To my fellow nerd bretheren, I have a mere few syllables that should do the same to you: "Eddie Izzard is the voice of Reepicheep." Please RSVP on the Facebook event page for this screening: Dreaded Facebook Reservation Page Here Each RSVP, unless you tell us otherwise is good for two tickets (you plus one). We only have 100 tickets available for this event, so Fantastic Fest badge holders get first crack at them. If there are still tickets available, we will open this up to the general public on Monday afternoon at 5 PM. If we get more than 100 Fantastic Fest badge holders interested, we will select the post the final names for the confirmed ticket holders on Facebook and on the Alamo Blog (you know, click here!). PRINCE CASPIAN opens at the Alamo South Lamar on Friday, May 16, and in the Alamo world, that means, midnight Thursday, May 15. If you don't get ticket to the free promo screening at 7:30 PM, we hope to see the serious fans at midnight. Tickets and info at Click Here!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
May 11, 2008, 3:43 p.m. CST
May 11, 2008, 4:02 p.m. CST
May 11, 2008, 4:03 p.m. CST
by Quake II
Not for any amount of maoney. Thanks anyways. Chronicles Of Narnia was a Zzzzzzzzzzzz-fest.
May 11, 2008, 4:25 p.m. CST
by Quake II
Is it just me or have we had too many movies since Lord Of The Rings that features huge battlefields filled with CGI soldiers doing battle in an epic struggle for survival? I have no emotional investment in these scenes. They are numbing. Can we have a 5 year hiatus before Hollywood produces another epic sword-swinging rubbery animated battle scene?
May 11, 2008, 4:35 p.m. CST
by Reynard Muldrake
Has it leaked yet? Is it playing with any film this weekend? I see it's coming to xfiles.com at midnight, but I can't wait that long! Oh yeah, sweet screening. I love Austin.
May 11, 2008, 4:35 p.m. CST
That made me chuckle. Seriously, it did. And, I agree. I also love all of the people who get psyched for said battles, fully ignoring the fact that this is a PG film. Puh-lease.
May 11, 2008, 4:39 p.m. CST
I believe Gremlins had the big CG battles...
May 11, 2008, 4:55 p.m. CST
Pull the plug on this bullshit.
May 11, 2008, 5:08 p.m. CST
You know... "Hey folks. Harry and Yoko here. Wanna join us for a... (wink wink) PRINCE CASPIAN at the Drafthouse South? Bring some drinks and some ice because it's going to get real hot real quick. And, if you've got plenty of stamina, perhaps we can try a... (wink wink) SILVER CHAIR afterwards?"
May 11, 2008, 5:08 p.m. CST
It was like an amateur version of Lord of the Rings. Truly dreadful.
May 11, 2008, 5:15 p.m. CST
(1) People went to see the first because almost everyone in the world has read or heard of The Lion, The Witch And The Wardrobe. Prince Caspian is less well known.<p>(2) People have seen the first one and, as Kwisatzhaderach pointed out, it was like an amateur version of Lord Of The Rings (although I wouldn't go so far as to label it 'truly dreadful'. Just mediocre). It doesn't matter if they've made this movie darker and more adult, the first one wasn't brilliant and the public will remember that.<p>(3) People are getting tired of all these big budget attempts to recapture the LOTR spark. Look at all the recent failures in this area (The Darkness Is Rising, The Golden Compass etc)<p>(4) I said so. I'm always right.
May 11, 2008, 5:42 p.m. CST
That may well be true but did either make enough money to ensure their sequel gets made? I think not.
May 11, 2008, 5:52 p.m. CST
There are thousands of pervs making websites with a countdown feature for the 18 birthday of the actress that plays Lucy.... "mmmm, look how her hands hold the bow, mmm.."
May 11, 2008, 7:47 p.m. CST
he is apparently very ill...i dont know if i can take another comic book giant dying this year
May 11, 2008, 8:18 p.m. CST
Despite all the bashing of Narnia here, I just wanted to say I like you a hell of a lot for simply having these events and making them possible. I can't go, but I like that there is an event out there to begin with. I hope one day I can join one.
May 11, 2008, 8:25 p.m. CST
and ya sure weta is doing the special effects and what not, not the cg, but still, LOTR pretty much coined large epic CG battle and did it well, but now every god dman movie has to have the same camera movements and evrything, its getting on my fucking nerves
May 11, 2008, 8:35 p.m. CST
want to see Prince Caspian
May 11, 2008, 9:14 p.m. CST
by I Dunno
May 11, 2008, 10:56 p.m. CST
Hopefully we can just get this one over with and move on to some of the better books....
May 11, 2008, 11:04 p.m. CST
by Jawa 007
I'M SO BRAH BAH!!!!!!!
May 11, 2008, 11:22 p.m. CST
May 11, 2008, 11:54 p.m. CST
That Oliver Stone George W. Bush movie talkback was certainly raging, and i think it already can be scientifically proven that the movie will suck and tank at the box office. Also, I think we learned not to overestimate the power of AICN when, despite its extreme hype for King Kong, even with PJ directing, it pretty much flopped. On the flip side, the first Narnia film did great at the box office with virtually no hype from AICN, and obviously no love from the cynical fanboy crowd.
May 12, 2008, 1:45 a.m. CST
What the hell happened to his accent?
May 12, 2008, 6:43 a.m. CST
think I'll wait for dvd.
May 12, 2008, 8:19 a.m. CST
I'll keep that 2 hours of life for something more important.
May 12, 2008, 8:49 a.m. CST
by Sith Witch
I absolutely LOVED TLTWTW, and Prince Caspian can't come fast enough! It's a pity so much bile has to be spewed forth on this site all the time. Such bitter, bitter folk...
May 12, 2008, 12:10 p.m. CST
May 12, 2008, 1:08 p.m. CST
I watched this film a couple weeks ago and thought it was not bad. I did not see the first one but i was surprised how violent it was for as family film.
May 12, 2008, 2:17 p.m. CST
That's because it had a "Christian message." Pointless violence is A-OK with most people as long as it is backed by "good Christian values." Just look at the Bible, it's chock full of it.
May 12, 2008, 3:52 p.m. CST
by Nate Champion
That would actually be more enticing than suffering through this piece of CGI shit.
May 12, 2008, 4:21 p.m. CST
You skipped it after Speed Racer and went straight to Indy! No offense, but I think Narnia is going to clean Speed's clock, and I'm kinda sorry it's not getting singled out in the Harry Summer movie cameo series you got going! BTW, looking forward to a "Why So Serious?' animation when The Dark Knight gets closer.
- Is this our first look at The Thing from Josh Trank's FANTASTIC FOUR reboot!?! -- 91 total posts 76 posts
- "The walrus is far more evolved than any man I've ever known...present company included." Trailer for Kevin Smith's TUSK has arrived! -- 51 total posts 42 posts
- SDCC '14: James Gunn to write and direct the GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY sequel!! -- 88 total posts 36 posts
- UPDATED! Has Marvel's DOCTOR STRANGE Casting Search Gone To Phoenix? -- 266 total posts 28 posts
- Footage of discarded concept art, interviews with Tim Burton and Kevin Smith, and Nicolas Cage in flight in this trailer for THE DEATH OF SUPERMAN LIVES! -- 115 total posts 19 posts
- Capone believes HERCULES does a Rock-solid job demystifying and reinforcing the myth!!! -- 19 total posts 19 posts
- Patrick Wilson drops out of ANT-MAN!! -- 103 total posts 15 posts
- Learn Which STAR TREK Icon Joins GAME OF THRONES Next Season!! (Hint: Not Nimoy!!) -- 13 total posts 13 posts
- The Guy Who Directed CAPTAIN AMERICA And The Guys Who Directed CAPTAIN AMERICA II Are Directing Episodes Of Marvel’s New ABC Series AGENT CARTER!! -- 23 total posts 11 posts
- SDCC '14: Quint discusses the HORNS panel featuring Daniel Radcliffe's first Hall H Appearance! -- 11 total posts 11 posts