Moriarty’s Appearing At Fangoria’s Weekend Of Horrors: FEAR ITSELF Writer’s Panel On Saturday!
Hey, everyone. “Moriarty” here.
Okay... time for a wee bit of shameless self-promotion. If you’re in the Los Angeles area this weekend and you’re a horror fan, I’m going to assume you already plan to attend the Fangoria Weekend of Horrors convention. If not, you should. They’ve moved to the LA Convention Center this year, and it’s going to be a fairly huge event.
And somehow, someone thought having me as part of a panel was a decent idea. I’m as surprised as you are.
Turns out Scott Swan and I will be appearing with some of the other writers for the upcoming NBC series FEAR ITSELF, which is a rebranding of MASTERS OF HORROR. It’s an anthology show, and ours is being directed by the great Larry Fessenden (HABIT, WENDIGO, THE LAST WINTER). We’ll be on-hand from 3:00 to 3:45 for the panel, which will include the first footage from the series, and then we’ll be signing mini-posters afterwards until 4:30.
If any of you stop by, feel free to say hello. Ryan Rotten of ShockTillYouDrop.com is going to be moderating the panel, so we’re in good hands, and I’m sure it’ll be just one of about a bajillion fun things you can do at the convention.
You can check out a full line-up here, but with a headliner like me, I’m sure you don’t need to know anything else before you decide to buy a ticket. Am I right?
FEAR ITSELF premieres on Thursday, June 5th, at 10:00 PM, on NBC. The Fangoria Weekend of Horrors kicks off today at the Los Angeles Convention Center.
Drew McWeeny, Los Angeles
Drew McWeeny, Los Angeles
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
April 25, 2008, 6:14 a.m. CST
by Motoko Kusanagi
April 25, 2008, 6:16 a.m. CST
by Motoko Kusanagi
April 25, 2008, 6:21 a.m. CST
I heart Shannon Sossomyn. And Jeanette Goldstein from the James Cameron films is one of the most underrated actresses out there - she needs to get more work.
April 25, 2008, 7 a.m. CST
Or were they geared to air on network television from the get go? (Just wondering if I should wait for a DVD or something, though I probably won't anyway.)
April 25, 2008, 7:06 a.m. CST
April 25, 2008, 7:11 a.m. CST
Glad to hear it's been moved to a bigger venue since last year's convention took up the size of a small hotel lobby and was totally cramped for space. FEAR ITSELF sounds promising, I miss the days of horror television. I remember as a kid flipping through the channels and seeing FREDDY'S NIGHTMARES, TALES FROM THE DARKSIDE and FRIDAY THE 13th: THE SERIES on a Saturday night. There's nothing like that out there right now.
April 25, 2008, 7:21 a.m. CST
by Jonah Echo
I remember commenting back when the synopsis for this ep was revealed, that Fessenden seemed to be working through different iterations of the Wendigo legend. I think it's pretty awesome he's the one who showed up for it. I'm looking forward to it, and will be tuning in when it airs.
April 25, 2008, 11:07 a.m. CST
The Wendigo guy is making your film. I hope the monster looks like a human being and not a Jackalope. <P> I was picturing blue skin similar to the colloidal silver poisoning effect. <P> Over stretched elongated limbs, fingers, and torso. All of these areas are completely covered in stretch marks. <P> Cataracts develop in his eyes eventually turning them white and causing him to go completely blind. His teeth break, becoming real sharp shards. <P> His fingers keep breaking but they heal very quickly. Too quickly in fact, and when the bone is remodeled it forms tons of spurs. Essentially his hands are turned into twisted freaky long looking claws. <P> All his hair falls out. Think Chemo effect. Whatever the guy is going through it is destroying his body very quickly, and he is becoming a monster, but he doesn't look like a deer or a rabbit or both. <P> Please tell me you guys are doing something like this.
April 25, 2008, noon CST
on the Fangoria's Frightful Fiction website. To my total shock, it's still there. Wish I could be at the panel. I just got back from Vegas and it would have been worth the trek to LA to see it. Best of luck.
April 26, 2008, 2 a.m. CST
by birdy birdman
as if masters of horror wasn't enough of an implosion...now they're moving it to NBC...how are you going to fit in the 'gritty hard snuff' deush bag CIGARETTE BURNS AND PRO-LIFE WERE REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY FUCKIN BAD MAN...REALLLLL fuckin bad...but you know that
April 26, 2008, 2:04 p.m. CST
It was once driven by passion for genre-related stuff. But that was a long time ago. Now it's just a slick press release for corporate turkeys. I'm among the 8 people who listened to their radio show and it's just a lot of cackling and plugging. Amateur. Bring back the old Fango. Then again, it's already been eclipsed by "Rue Morgue" (a superior magazine) and the equally superior "Horror Hound".
April 26, 2008, 3:03 p.m. CST
As opposed to that abortion (and I use the term advisedly), "Pro-Life"?
April 26, 2008, 4:42 p.m. CST
Unlike "Fangoria", the "Rue Morgue" mag doesn't exclusively pitch studio commerce. As an example, the staffers did a retro piece on THE FLESH EATERS (an underrated, near-surreal movie that adheres to a pulp-ish hubris). Another example: Daniel Horne, a classic illustrator/sculptor, was engaged to render a killer cover for WAR OF THE WORLDS (which was NOT linked to the Spielberg movie). Horne and other genre icons have been invited to this year's Rue Morgue convention (which makes the lame Fango conventions look like tea parties). And "Rue Morgue" circumvented commercial prospects by doing a cover story on H.P. Lovecraft while Fango selects from studio slides to promote the latest horseshit (ever notice that a movie dies at the boxoffice whenever Fango runs it as a cover story?). "Rue Morgue" caters to a love of horror films: Fango is just a very minor studio franchise.
- The Friday Docback Crawls ‘Into The Dalek’!! Reader Reaction For DOCTOR WHO S08E02 Is Here!! + HornOrSilk's 'Breaking Bubbles and Other Stories' Big Finish Audio Review, Clips, And More!! -- 382 total posts 16 posts
- A Few Promo Images From EXODUS: GODS AND KINGS Bring Ridleyish Spectacle!! -- 203 total posts 12 posts
- WALKING DEAD!! BOARDWALK EMPIRE!! AGENTS OF SHIELD!! STAR WARS REBELS!! SOUTH PARK!! NEW GIRL!! HOMELAND!! GOTHAM!! FLASH!! SURVIVOR!! RESURRECTION!! PARENTHOOD!! BURGERS!! BLACKLIST!! BANG!! VOICE!! SLEEPY!! PERSON!! UTOPIA!! ANARCHY!! Z!! More Than 200 Autumn Premiere Dates!! -- 21 total posts 4 posts
- Who is in consideration to take the role of Snake in the ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK remake!?! -- 627 total posts 4 posts
- Will there be a change of roster in Avengers: Age of Ultron and if so, who's gonna be on it? -- 303 total posts 4 posts
- Is this what Doctor Doom looks like in Josh Trank's FANTASTIC FOUR?! -- 312 total posts 3 posts
- Two More BIG BROTHER Nominations!! The Return Of ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN!! MI6 On PBS!! FALLING SKIES Finale!! New MANHATTAN, MASTERS, NAKED, RAY, RECKLESS, BEACHFRONT, BREATHLESS, KARDASHIANS, WIPEOUT!! No STRAIN This Week!! No LEFTOVERS Finale Either!! Herc’s Sunday TV Talkback!! -- 23 total posts 2 posts
- Final PICKS & PEEKS of Aug 2014: LEGEND OF HELL HOUSE, Zombies, FOSSE, RATS, Nukes & Teens!!! -- 349 total posts 2 posts
- Don't count Andy Serkis' JUNGLE BOOK out just yet! He's scored Batman, Galadriel, Moneypenny, and Smaug for his cast! -- 97 total posts 2 posts
- Abortionist Killers On PBS!! HOUDINI Hits History!! Angie Returns To THE DOME!! New DALLAS, PARADISE, WOLF, WILD, MASTERCHEF, MODEL, NINJA, HOTEL, BEACH, & RAW!! PARTNERS & MISTRESSES Finales!! UNAUTHORIZED SAVED BY THE BELL STORY!! Annaleigh Ashford On CRAIG!! Herc’s Monday TV Talkback!! -- 1 total post 1 post