Are You Ready For DEATH DEFYING ACTS!!!
Hey folks, Harry here... This film played last year at Toronto, but we haven't heard much about it since then. It's opening in the UK this August, but as of yet - it doesn't yet have a scheduled U.S. release. I'm praying that we get it though. It's directed by Gillian Armstrong (LITTLE WOMEN & OSCAR AND LUCINDA) - And with a cast including Saoirise Ronan, Timothy Spall, Catherine Zeta-Jones and Guy Pearce as Harry Houdini!!! Here's the trailer...
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
March 21, 2008, 12:38 a.m. CST
IM FUCKING READY
March 21, 2008, 12:39 a.m. CST
Duke almost lost! Oh wait...I'm not on With Leather.
March 21, 2008, 12:41 a.m. CST
I can see....CZJ is STILL a shitty actress!!!
March 21, 2008, 12:41 a.m. CST
I am REALLY FUCKING READY for that movie. <p> Shit looks tastier than Harry's wife.
March 21, 2008, 12:48 a.m. CST
by Horace Cox
CZJ may be a shitty actress, but who cares? She's a total MILF!
March 21, 2008, 1:13 a.m. CST
HvB: Requiem in this bitch. Oh, and actually the trailer didn't really sell the movie to me. I guess its just Prestige/Illusionist fatigue as I saw both of those again recently. Prestige is fucking awesome, btw.
March 21, 2008, 1:52 a.m. CST
and wait for Penn and Teller the movie. Side note, you should read Penn's book Sock Monkey. Damn good book.
March 21, 2008, 2:01 a.m. CST
Could it possibly be as cool as David Bowie as Tesla...??? This looks pretty interesting, although have to wait until a better trailer comes out...where's the glorious quicktime? <BR> <BR> Iron Man casting news! <BR> <BR> http://tinyurl.com/3dumdu
March 21, 2008, 3:01 a.m. CST
i was like really? shes directing now?
March 21, 2008, 3:48 a.m. CST
I'm so glad Guy Pearce is back. He completely ruled in LA Confidential and Memento.
March 21, 2008, 5:02 a.m. CST
The short version - it sucks.
March 21, 2008, 5:33 a.m. CST
Here's the long version of my review: <p>http://tinyurl.com/2mnm46
March 21, 2008, 6:44 a.m. CST
Any movie with this guy is worth watching. Even that one where he switches bodies with that chick.
March 21, 2008, 7:33 a.m. CST
March 21, 2008, 8:05 a.m. CST
March 21, 2008, 8:15 a.m. CST
March 21, 2008, 8:22 a.m. CST
But I can try. A psychic (Catherine Zeta Jones) sets out to scam the great Harry Houdini (Guy Pearce) who’s obsessed with learning what his dying mother’s last words were. But instead, here’s a shocker, she falls in love with him. Now, if there’s an Academy Award for best performance by a wig, I think Guy Pearce’s is a shoo-in. I mean, it takes a pretty special wig to turn a lean Australian into a stocky Jew from Appleton, Wisconsin. I’d go so far as to call it the best wig since Fletch (here’s Fletch, he’s 6’5, 6’9 with the afro). Too bad the rest of the movie wasn’t up to the wig’s high standards. In fact, the film has such staggeringly awful, trite dialogue, I got dizzy from rolling my eyes. (sample line: “the real chains were the ones on Harry’s heart”).
March 21, 2008, 8:37 a.m. CST
The fact that Tony Grisoni wrote the script is the most exciting element to me.
March 21, 2008, 3:38 p.m. CST
Sign me up.
March 21, 2008, 5:28 p.m. CST
Yeh and the word is this stinks..
March 21, 2008, 5:31 p.m. CST
sinful, no excuse! horrible trailer..
March 22, 2008, 9:56 a.m. CST
sorry, someone above praised this sucky movie, so i thought someone should counter it. might as well be me. i'm too tired to discuss why it sucks now. but trust me, it sucks. <p> no no... i love smart films. hence, prestige sucks.
March 22, 2008, 9:20 p.m. CST
- Has STAR WARS EPISODE VII Landed Its First Non-OT Cast Member? -- 325 total posts 27 posts
- Steven Seagal might be joining THE EXPENDABLES 3!! -- 180 total posts 27 posts
- Harry dives into STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS' spoilers to reveal the truth behind the blockbuster we're seeing! -- 1121 total posts 20 posts
- John Ary's Video Review Of The New CAPTAIN AMERICA (1990) Blu-ray!! -- 184 total posts 12 posts
- Very Funny Red-Band Trailer Makes A Profanely Convincing Case For THE KINGS OF SUMMER! -- 26 total posts 8 posts
- Trailer For Alejandro Jodorowsky's THE DANCE OF REALITY Is Filled With Hauntingly Surreal Imagery! -- 35 total posts 6 posts
- NBC To Launch This July 13-Episode Scripted Series SIBERIA, About Strange 21st Century Happenings At The Site Of The 1908 Tunguska Meteor!! -- 35 total posts 5 posts
- ‘Darkness Will Devour Them All!!’ Sunday Brings Antepenultimate GAME OF THRONES For HBO!! -- 308 total posts 4 posts
- Sean Penn In Talks To Join Increasingly Awesome Cast Of Paul Thomas Anderson's INHERENT VICE! -- 16 total posts 4 posts
- First trailer for A CHRISTMAS TALE director Arnaud Desplechin's next film, JIMMY P. starring Benicio Del Toro!!! -- 12 total posts 4 posts