Are You Ready For DEATH DEFYING ACTS!!!
Hey folks, Harry here... This film played last year at Toronto, but we haven't heard much about it since then. It's opening in the UK this August, but as of yet - it doesn't yet have a scheduled U.S. release. I'm praying that we get it though. It's directed by Gillian Armstrong (LITTLE WOMEN & OSCAR AND LUCINDA) - And with a cast including Saoirise Ronan, Timothy Spall, Catherine Zeta-Jones and Guy Pearce as Harry Houdini!!! Here's the trailer...
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
March 21, 2008, 12:38 a.m. CST
IM FUCKING READY
March 21, 2008, 12:39 a.m. CST
Duke almost lost! Oh wait...I'm not on With Leather.
March 21, 2008, 12:41 a.m. CST
I can see....CZJ is STILL a shitty actress!!!
March 21, 2008, 12:41 a.m. CST
I am REALLY FUCKING READY for that movie. <p> Shit looks tastier than Harry's wife.
March 21, 2008, 12:48 a.m. CST
by Horace Cox
CZJ may be a shitty actress, but who cares? She's a total MILF!
March 21, 2008, 1:13 a.m. CST
HvB: Requiem in this bitch. Oh, and actually the trailer didn't really sell the movie to me. I guess its just Prestige/Illusionist fatigue as I saw both of those again recently. Prestige is fucking awesome, btw.
March 21, 2008, 1:52 a.m. CST
and wait for Penn and Teller the movie. Side note, you should read Penn's book Sock Monkey. Damn good book.
March 21, 2008, 2:01 a.m. CST
Could it possibly be as cool as David Bowie as Tesla...??? This looks pretty interesting, although have to wait until a better trailer comes out...where's the glorious quicktime? <BR> <BR> Iron Man casting news! <BR> <BR> http://tinyurl.com/3dumdu
March 21, 2008, 3:01 a.m. CST
i was like really? shes directing now?
March 21, 2008, 3:48 a.m. CST
I'm so glad Guy Pearce is back. He completely ruled in LA Confidential and Memento.
March 21, 2008, 5:02 a.m. CST
The short version - it sucks.
March 21, 2008, 5:33 a.m. CST
Here's the long version of my review: <p>http://tinyurl.com/2mnm46
March 21, 2008, 6:44 a.m. CST
Any movie with this guy is worth watching. Even that one where he switches bodies with that chick.
March 21, 2008, 7:33 a.m. CST
March 21, 2008, 8:05 a.m. CST
March 21, 2008, 8:15 a.m. CST
March 21, 2008, 8:22 a.m. CST
But I can try. A psychic (Catherine Zeta Jones) sets out to scam the great Harry Houdini (Guy Pearce) who’s obsessed with learning what his dying mother’s last words were. But instead, here’s a shocker, she falls in love with him. Now, if there’s an Academy Award for best performance by a wig, I think Guy Pearce’s is a shoo-in. I mean, it takes a pretty special wig to turn a lean Australian into a stocky Jew from Appleton, Wisconsin. I’d go so far as to call it the best wig since Fletch (here’s Fletch, he’s 6’5, 6’9 with the afro). Too bad the rest of the movie wasn’t up to the wig’s high standards. In fact, the film has such staggeringly awful, trite dialogue, I got dizzy from rolling my eyes. (sample line: “the real chains were the ones on Harry’s heart”).
March 21, 2008, 8:37 a.m. CST
The fact that Tony Grisoni wrote the script is the most exciting element to me.
March 21, 2008, 3:38 p.m. CST
Sign me up.
March 21, 2008, 5:28 p.m. CST
Yeh and the word is this stinks..
March 21, 2008, 5:31 p.m. CST
sinful, no excuse! horrible trailer..
March 22, 2008, 9:56 a.m. CST
sorry, someone above praised this sucky movie, so i thought someone should counter it. might as well be me. i'm too tired to discuss why it sucks now. but trust me, it sucks. <p> no no... i love smart films. hence, prestige sucks.
March 22, 2008, 9:20 p.m. CST
- Capone loved the pure joy of discovering the GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY!!! -- 165 total posts 165 posts
- Trailer for MUDBLOODS - Documentary About Real Life Muggle Quidditch Players! -- 137 total posts 40 posts
- International BIRDMAN Trailer Is Here!!! -- 163 total posts 34 posts
- Alex Kurtzman (as in Kurtzman and Orci) to direct the MUMMY reboot...yay?!! -- 294 total posts 29 posts
- New Trailer For Christopher Nolan's INTERSTELLAR Is Here! Let's Light This Candle! -- 452 total posts 23 posts
- Disney Taking The Ol' Bait-And-Switch Route With Teaser For INTO THE WOODS! -- 117 total posts 20 posts
- Jeremy Talks GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY, ANT-MAN And Comic Con With Kevin Feige! -- 306 total posts 19 posts
- Rest In Peace Makeup Legend Dick Smith -- 113 total posts 16 posts
- Capone dances the line between loving Chadwick Boseman as James Brown and frustration with the rest of GET ON UP!!! -- 15 total posts 15 posts
- Harry says GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY is better than German Chocolate Cake & means it!!! -- 763 total posts 10 posts