Fox Goes With Shaun Cassidy's INSEPARABLE...In A Strikey Sort Of Way!!
Fox has given the go-ahead to cast Shaun Cassidy's latest genre entry, called INSEPERABLE, even though it won't be able to actually make the show for a while.
a modern-day Jekyll and Hyde tale about a partially paralyzed forensic psychiatrist with a split personality whose alter ego is a charismatic criminal
...says THIS ARTICLE in Hollywood Reporter.
The project was pitched before the WGA strike beagan. Fox asked for changes to the pilot script that weren't able to be made before the strike started.
In lieu of a shootable draft of the pilot script, Fox opted to work backwards on production so that it's kinda/sorta ready to roll when the strike is resolved.
Despite the casting order, Fox won't officially order a pilot until it has perused the revised draft of the pilot script.
Cassidy's previous genre work includes ABC's INVASION and CBS's AMERICAN GOTHIC.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Jan. 11, 2008, 10 a.m. CST
Jan. 11, 2008, 10:16 a.m. CST
Someone saw Jekyll on BBC America, didn't they Mr Cassidy? Well, a modern update of J&H isn't anything new, and this sounds different enough to the BBC mini-series. Looking forward to it, mainly because his mid-90s American Gothic was way ahead of its time.
Jan. 11, 2008, 10:32 a.m. CST
INSEPARABLE. Jesus. And yeah, JEKYLL was awesome -- may Cassidy & Co. find that kind of tone and tension!! AMERICAN GOTHIC, we hardly knew ye...
Jan. 11, 2008, 10:55 a.m. CST
Just add a wheelchair? B.S.
Jan. 11, 2008, 11:01 a.m. CST
and fox will cancel this before it airs episode 1.
Jan. 11, 2008, 11:01 a.m. CST
me watching whatever it is he wants to do next. Two great shows that were tragically aborted by impatient studios.
Jan. 11, 2008, 11:07 a.m. CST
but I heard good things about Invasion (even though I hated it).
Jan. 11, 2008, 11:21 a.m. CST
I wish they'd have a second season. I think that it would be nice to see Cassidy do something good again like American Gothic. Point Pleasant was poop.
Jan. 11, 2008, 11:31 a.m. CST
. . . I'll be generous and give it 10 episodes before its shitcanned.
Jan. 11, 2008, 11:55 a.m. CST
by xsi kal
Glad I'm not the only person that was bugged by the incorrect spelling.
Jan. 11, 2008, 12:04 p.m. CST
but i'll be surprised if Fox, Cassidy and Co. can pull it off.
Jan. 11, 2008, 1:32 p.m. CST
he hides it from peops cuz he's a whacked out killa
Jan. 11, 2008, 2:27 p.m. CST
I'm a huge spelling stickler. C'mon guys...if uncertain, use spell check.
Jan. 11, 2008, 3:57 p.m. CST
by Baron Karza
The Hardy Boys guy?
Jan. 11, 2008, 5:49 p.m. CST
Don't forget Roar. Heath Ledger, Vera Farmiga and all. Look, the guy actually makes good, interesting shows that just happen to get cancelled.
Jan. 11, 2008, 5:53 p.m. CST
although it was followed up with "strikey" *shrugs*
Jan. 11, 2008, 6:04 p.m. CST
by Alice Cooper Stalker
Yess, Baron Karza, It is THAT Shaun Cassidy. I hope he found some creative way to have himself sing 'That's Rock and Roll' or 'Da-Do-Run-Run' in the pilot. It's been so long since I've heard him perform those!
Jan. 11, 2008, 7:30 p.m. CST
His shows suck.
Jan. 12, 2008, 3:03 a.m. CST
Jan. 12, 2008, 3:11 a.m. CST
by nolan bautista
Remember? That was his catch-phrase as one of the Hardy Boys.. Well..Gotta go..its almost time for "The Donny and Marie Show" (Remember the Star Wars episode?)..Fuck im an old nerd
Jan. 12, 2008, 7:17 a.m. CST
to prevent Invasion from being cancelled..he didn't speak up at all for it because he had other shows he wanted to get on the damn networks..fuck him.
Jan. 12, 2008, 11:47 a.m. CST
by Baron Karza
But that name jarred my brain..
Jan. 12, 2008, 12:02 p.m. CST
by Grammaton Cleric Binks
Jan. 12, 2008, 3:14 p.m. CST
when I was two. I find it interesting that they're getting something going. I don't know what it all means, but anything that signals an end to this nonsense is good news.
Jan. 13, 2008, 7:04 a.m. CST
by Sledge Hammer
...Invasion wasn't bad either, mainly due to the great William Fichtner, but it did meander a bit too much for a bit too long. Still, would have been nice to see a second series to wrap things up better. As for this, I'll give it a shot, and doesn't sound anything like BBC's recent Jekyll to me (which was a lot of fun, though hardly perfect).
Jan. 13, 2008, 7:23 a.m. CST
by Virtual Satyr
Was one of the greatest shows ever. Any fan of Stephen King..especially fans of Randall Flagg need to watch this show. Gary Cole as Lucas Buck was one of the greatest TV performances of all time.
Jan. 14, 2008, 10:07 a.m. CST
but that doesn't make them bad or wrong. Invasion was a retelling of Invasion of the Body Snatchers and I'm pretty sure everyone knew that going in, and said, "well okay - thats a story I'd like to see updated and refreshed a bit." And in my opinion, he did a fantastic job of pumping new life into a tired, worn-out movie script.
Jan. 14, 2008, 6:09 p.m. CST
"You know, Sean Cassidy, from the Hardy Boys? He's a private eye. Plus he had like...10 eyes."
- Nordling Reviews THE GRAND BUDAPEST HOTEL! -- 29 total posts 27 posts
- "Just another Saturday night" Marv and company are back in the first trailer for SIN CITY: A DAME TO KILL FOR!! -- 155 total posts 13 posts
- Idris Elba to voice a great, big, bloody Bengal tiger by the name of Shere Khan in Jon Favreau's JUNGLE BOOK! -- 38 total posts 12 posts
- A newly remastered 4K print of THE TEXAS CHAIN SAW MASSACRE is coming just in time for its 40th anniversary!! -- 34 total posts 9 posts
- Are You Primed For Optimus’ TRANSFORMERS: AGE OF EXTINCTION Character Poster?? -- 154 total posts 9 posts
- Will the sun come out tomorrow!?! The first trailer for the remake of ANNIE is here! -- 541 total posts 9 posts
- Sam Raimi to produce an adaptation of THE LAST OF US!!! -- 112 total posts 8 posts
- New PARKS, PARENTHOOD, PORTLANDIA, COMMUNITY, ELEMENTARY, HALF, CRAZY, MILLERS, VIKINGS, VAMPIRE, REIGN, GREY’S, SCANDAL, NERDS, IDOL, RAKE, BOO BOO, SEAGAL!! The Returns Of SUITS & WONDERLAND!! Bob Mould On LETTERMAN!! Herc’s Thursday TV Talkback!! -- 22 total posts 7 posts
- SNOWPIERCER finally gets a U.S. release date in its full, un-Weinstened glory! -- 23 total posts 6 posts
- Jude Law spies a role alongside Melissa McCarthy and Jason Statham in SUSAN COOPER! -- 18 total posts 6 posts