Fox Goes With Shaun Cassidy's INSEPARABLE...In A Strikey Sort Of Way!!
Fox has given the go-ahead to cast Shaun Cassidy's latest genre entry, called INSEPERABLE, even though it won't be able to actually make the show for a while.
a modern-day Jekyll and Hyde tale about a partially paralyzed forensic psychiatrist with a split personality whose alter ego is a charismatic criminal
...says THIS ARTICLE in Hollywood Reporter.
The project was pitched before the WGA strike beagan. Fox asked for changes to the pilot script that weren't able to be made before the strike started.
In lieu of a shootable draft of the pilot script, Fox opted to work backwards on production so that it's kinda/sorta ready to roll when the strike is resolved.
Despite the casting order, Fox won't officially order a pilot until it has perused the revised draft of the pilot script.
Cassidy's previous genre work includes ABC's INVASION and CBS's AMERICAN GOTHIC.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Jan. 11, 2008, 10 a.m. CST
Jan. 11, 2008, 10:16 a.m. CST
Someone saw Jekyll on BBC America, didn't they Mr Cassidy? Well, a modern update of J&H isn't anything new, and this sounds different enough to the BBC mini-series. Looking forward to it, mainly because his mid-90s American Gothic was way ahead of its time.
Jan. 11, 2008, 10:32 a.m. CST
INSEPARABLE. Jesus. And yeah, JEKYLL was awesome -- may Cassidy & Co. find that kind of tone and tension!! AMERICAN GOTHIC, we hardly knew ye...
Jan. 11, 2008, 10:55 a.m. CST
Just add a wheelchair? B.S.
Jan. 11, 2008, 11:01 a.m. CST
and fox will cancel this before it airs episode 1.
Jan. 11, 2008, 11:01 a.m. CST
me watching whatever it is he wants to do next. Two great shows that were tragically aborted by impatient studios.
Jan. 11, 2008, 11:07 a.m. CST
but I heard good things about Invasion (even though I hated it).
Jan. 11, 2008, 11:21 a.m. CST
I wish they'd have a second season. I think that it would be nice to see Cassidy do something good again like American Gothic. Point Pleasant was poop.
Jan. 11, 2008, 11:31 a.m. CST
. . . I'll be generous and give it 10 episodes before its shitcanned.
Jan. 11, 2008, 11:55 a.m. CST
by xsi kal
Glad I'm not the only person that was bugged by the incorrect spelling.
Jan. 11, 2008, 12:04 p.m. CST
but i'll be surprised if Fox, Cassidy and Co. can pull it off.
Jan. 11, 2008, 1:32 p.m. CST
he hides it from peops cuz he's a whacked out killa
Jan. 11, 2008, 2:27 p.m. CST
I'm a huge spelling stickler. C'mon guys...if uncertain, use spell check.
Jan. 11, 2008, 3:57 p.m. CST
by Baron Karza
The Hardy Boys guy?
Jan. 11, 2008, 5:49 p.m. CST
Don't forget Roar. Heath Ledger, Vera Farmiga and all. Look, the guy actually makes good, interesting shows that just happen to get cancelled.
Jan. 11, 2008, 5:53 p.m. CST
although it was followed up with "strikey" *shrugs*
Jan. 11, 2008, 6:04 p.m. CST
by Alice Cooper Stalker
Yess, Baron Karza, It is THAT Shaun Cassidy. I hope he found some creative way to have himself sing 'That's Rock and Roll' or 'Da-Do-Run-Run' in the pilot. It's been so long since I've heard him perform those!
Jan. 11, 2008, 7:30 p.m. CST
His shows suck.
Jan. 12, 2008, 3:03 a.m. CST
Jan. 12, 2008, 3:11 a.m. CST
by nolan bautista
Remember? That was his catch-phrase as one of the Hardy Boys.. Well..Gotta go..its almost time for "The Donny and Marie Show" (Remember the Star Wars episode?)..Fuck im an old nerd
Jan. 12, 2008, 7:17 a.m. CST
to prevent Invasion from being cancelled..he didn't speak up at all for it because he had other shows he wanted to get on the damn networks..fuck him.
Jan. 12, 2008, 11:47 a.m. CST
by Baron Karza
But that name jarred my brain..
Jan. 12, 2008, 12:02 p.m. CST
by Grammaton Cleric Binks
Jan. 12, 2008, 3:14 p.m. CST
when I was two. I find it interesting that they're getting something going. I don't know what it all means, but anything that signals an end to this nonsense is good news.
Jan. 13, 2008, 7:04 a.m. CST
by Sledge Hammer
...Invasion wasn't bad either, mainly due to the great William Fichtner, but it did meander a bit too much for a bit too long. Still, would have been nice to see a second series to wrap things up better. As for this, I'll give it a shot, and doesn't sound anything like BBC's recent Jekyll to me (which was a lot of fun, though hardly perfect).
Jan. 13, 2008, 7:23 a.m. CST
by Virtual Satyr
Was one of the greatest shows ever. Any fan of Stephen King..especially fans of Randall Flagg need to watch this show. Gary Cole as Lucas Buck was one of the greatest TV performances of all time.
Jan. 14, 2008, 10:07 a.m. CST
but that doesn't make them bad or wrong. Invasion was a retelling of Invasion of the Body Snatchers and I'm pretty sure everyone knew that going in, and said, "well okay - thats a story I'd like to see updated and refreshed a bit." And in my opinion, he did a fantastic job of pumping new life into a tired, worn-out movie script.
Jan. 14, 2008, 6:09 p.m. CST
"You know, Sean Cassidy, from the Hardy Boys? He's a private eye. Plus he had like...10 eyes."
- Fox has hired a pair of writers to get a FLASH GORDON movie off the ground! -- 357 total posts 278 posts
- BARBIE. The Movie. -- 103 total posts 103 posts
- Robert Downey Jr. seems to be tweeting a picture a day from the set of Avengers: Age of Ultron... -- 88 total posts 88 posts
- Today's STAR WARS: EPISODE VII Status Report: Casting "Almost Complete", Second Unit Shooting Underway! -- 340 total posts 84 posts
- There Will Soon Be No More Orci / Kurtzman Movies!?!? + One Of Them Is Pushing To Direct The Third JJVerse STAR TREK Film!! -- 328 total posts 80 posts
- IT'S A SMALL WORLD: THE MOVIE directed by Jon Turteltaub is a real thing Disney wants to make! -- 93 total posts 73 posts
- 100 Lucky Ones will see AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 here in Austin on April 30th! -- 422 total posts 65 posts
- ‘So Who Wants To Go First??’ Amy Acker Is The Cellist In Joss Whedon’s AGENTS OF SHIELD!! ELSEWHERE & ER On PIONEERS OF TELEVISION!! New AWKWARD, SWAP, BOY, STORAGE, SCHUMER, TOSH, GLEE, FIRE, MINDY, DUSK, ORIGINALS, SUPERNATURAL, FARGO, FISHER & VOICE!! CONTAINER Finale!! Don Rickles On KIMMEL!! Natalie Dormer On SETH!! Stephen Colbert On LETTERMAN!! Elizabeth Warren On THE DAILY SHOW!! Herc’s Tuesday TV Talkback!! -- 191 total posts 63 posts
- The First Official BTS Shots From JURASSIC WORLD Are Here!! -- 55 total posts 55 posts
- Director Colin Trevorrow Talks The Bigger Picture Of JURASSIC WORLD!! -- 55 total posts 55 posts