Animation and Anime
The Opening Of Marc Caro’s New Film Is Online! What Is DANTE 01?!
Hey, everyone. ”Moriarty” here. Who cares what it is? The point is that Marc Caro is finally directing something! I love DELICATESSEN and THE CITY OF LOST CHILDREN, and as much as I admire Jeunet’s other films, I can’t help but feel that, like Zemeckis and Gale, he was more powerful when he was part of a team. If Jeunet is the Robert Zemeckis of that duo, then that means Caro is the Bob Gale. And like Bob Gale, Caro kind of dropped off the map there for a while. He’s back, though, with an animated science-fiction epic, and someone sent me a heads-up that Twitch had gotten hold of the film’s opening moments. Looks really lovely, but since I don’t speak French, I have no idea what’s being said during the clip. Still... it’s enough to make me anxious to see the whole film as soon as possible. See what you think...
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Dec. 13, 2007, 8:57 a.m. CST
They don't say much... Dante seems to be the name of that firey planet. and the narration is just setting up something... ''the story begins in the fires of hell'' ''it all began with the docking of shuttle #2'' ''but it was probably meant to be'' seems good. I love this guy's work. it looks like it won't disapoint
Dec. 13, 2007, 9:08 a.m. CST
glad to see them back at sci-fi
Dec. 13, 2007, 9:34 a.m. CST
... along with a whole load of other exciting movie news today. It's nice to see that the site has woken up again and little treats like this are coming our way!
Dec. 13, 2007, 9:57 a.m. CST
We get another Jeunet movie(Life of Pie) and a Marc Caro movie close together. Amazing.
Dec. 13, 2007, 10:19 a.m. CST
It all started in the fire. The primeval fire. Hell’s fire. As in a Dragon’s mouth. As in a fairy tale. And if fairy tales taught us something, it’s not that Dragons exist… It is that they can be vanquished. <p> As in a tale, I’ll start with “Once upon a time”. Once upon a time… a tiny station lost in the depths of space, close to a hell called… Dante. <p> If someone, someday, dares take a look at our story, he’ll probably states it all began with the arrival of shuttle #2. In fact, it was all written in advance. From a long time. Since the mists of time… <p>
Dec. 13, 2007, 10:24 a.m. CST
and yes, that looks fucking good. I'm far from stoked by my fellow Frenchmen's work these days... Jeunet's only good solo work is Amelie, Besson became a hack, a French Weinstein producing shitty flicks and taking credit for movies he made more than a decade ago, and Gondry is a poor-man's early Tim Burton ripping off old movies from the 60's that the younger, "hip" audience hasn't seen. So Caro being back is quite good news.
Dec. 13, 2007, 10:24 a.m. CST
Been looking foreward to this, Caro's a great talent in his own right. From what I've seen so far it looks immaculate, and the story hints at something pretty gritty and nightmarish or rather hellish.
Dec. 13, 2007, 11:02 a.m. CST
and then gotta clean his cell. THEN he can direct Conan.
Dec. 13, 2007, 11:03 a.m. CST
Dec. 13, 2007, 11:53 a.m. CST
version of Dante's Inferno then I'm not interested. If Zemeckis is going to continue that whole mo-cap thing then that's where to go next. This time you have to have an NC-17 rating.
Dec. 13, 2007, 12:21 p.m. CST
and reread the lead. It's a Marc Caro film, not Zemeckis. But now I want to see an animated version of the Inferno.
Dec. 13, 2007, 12:52 p.m. CST
http://www.allocine.fr/video/player_gen_cmedia=18767224&cfilm=110951&hd=1. html In French
Dec. 13, 2007, 1:47 p.m. CST
That was fucking amazing. And A Very Long Engagement was better than Amelie.
Dec. 13, 2007, 7:12 p.m. CST
I see great attention to detail. Let's hope it's a great French space story like an episode of the (aforementioned) Metal Hurlant.
Dec. 13, 2007, 7:18 p.m. CST
Adding it to the list of stuff to see!
- A New And Nice Clip From Darren Aronofsky’s NOAH!! + Emma Watson Introduces A New Trailer!! -- 111 total posts 111 posts
- ‘You Are Of SHIELD??’ THOR’s Hot Pal Sif Joins AGENTS!! The Premiere Of FROM DUSK TILL DAWN!! Plus New NEW GIRL, BOY, BROOKLYN, BACHELOR, BAD GIRLS, MIND GAMES, TROPHY, TOSH, ORIGINALS, GOLDBERGS, GLEE, RIZZOLI, PERCEPTION, KROLL, LIARS, COUGAR, FISHER, FIRE, CONTAINER, TEEN MOM, CAPONES & VOICE!! KING Finale!! Syfy’s MY BIG FAT GEEK WEDDING!! Lauren Cohan & Jeff Goldblum on CRAIG!! Rachel Maddow On SETH!! Ronald D. Moore On LAST CALL!! Herc’s Tuesday TV Talkback!! -- 99 total posts 99 posts
- Li Bingbing Looks Mighty Stern In Her TRANSFORMERS: AGE OF EXTINCTION Character Poster!! -- 89 total posts 89 posts
- Is one of these guys ready to play Dr. Victor Von Doom in Josh Trank's FANTASTIC FOUR?! -- 65 total posts 65 posts
- New Clip from CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER! -- 61 total posts 61 posts
- See The Flash's Full Costume For The New CW Show!! -- 60 total posts 60 posts
- Jason Sudeikis to star as the Laker lovin', disguise wearin' Irwin "Fletch" Fletcher in FLETCH WON! -- 60 total posts 60 posts
- The Rock ‘Em, Sock ‘Em Badassity Of TITANFALL Is Now Upon Us!! -- 55 total posts 55 posts
- Harry shares Day 1 of SXSW which stars Jon Favreau's utterly delicious CHEF!!! -- 340 total posts 46 posts
- Herc Is Underwhelmed By Cuaron’s Bad Robot Pilot BELIEVE!! -- 60 total posts 38 posts