Animation and Anime
The Opening Of Marc Caro’s New Film Is Online! What Is DANTE 01?!
Hey, everyone. ”Moriarty” here. Who cares what it is? The point is that Marc Caro is finally directing something! I love DELICATESSEN and THE CITY OF LOST CHILDREN, and as much as I admire Jeunet’s other films, I can’t help but feel that, like Zemeckis and Gale, he was more powerful when he was part of a team. If Jeunet is the Robert Zemeckis of that duo, then that means Caro is the Bob Gale. And like Bob Gale, Caro kind of dropped off the map there for a while. He’s back, though, with an animated science-fiction epic, and someone sent me a heads-up that Twitch had gotten hold of the film’s opening moments. Looks really lovely, but since I don’t speak French, I have no idea what’s being said during the clip. Still... it’s enough to make me anxious to see the whole film as soon as possible. See what you think...
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Dec. 13, 2007, 8:57 a.m. CST
They don't say much... Dante seems to be the name of that firey planet. and the narration is just setting up something... ''the story begins in the fires of hell'' ''it all began with the docking of shuttle #2'' ''but it was probably meant to be'' seems good. I love this guy's work. it looks like it won't disapoint
Dec. 13, 2007, 9:08 a.m. CST
glad to see them back at sci-fi
Dec. 13, 2007, 9:34 a.m. CST
... along with a whole load of other exciting movie news today. It's nice to see that the site has woken up again and little treats like this are coming our way!
Dec. 13, 2007, 9:57 a.m. CST
We get another Jeunet movie(Life of Pie) and a Marc Caro movie close together. Amazing.
Dec. 13, 2007, 10:19 a.m. CST
It all started in the fire. The primeval fire. Hell’s fire. As in a Dragon’s mouth. As in a fairy tale. And if fairy tales taught us something, it’s not that Dragons exist… It is that they can be vanquished. <p> As in a tale, I’ll start with “Once upon a time”. Once upon a time… a tiny station lost in the depths of space, close to a hell called… Dante. <p> If someone, someday, dares take a look at our story, he’ll probably states it all began with the arrival of shuttle #2. In fact, it was all written in advance. From a long time. Since the mists of time… <p>
Dec. 13, 2007, 10:24 a.m. CST
and yes, that looks fucking good. I'm far from stoked by my fellow Frenchmen's work these days... Jeunet's only good solo work is Amelie, Besson became a hack, a French Weinstein producing shitty flicks and taking credit for movies he made more than a decade ago, and Gondry is a poor-man's early Tim Burton ripping off old movies from the 60's that the younger, "hip" audience hasn't seen. So Caro being back is quite good news.
Dec. 13, 2007, 10:24 a.m. CST
Been looking foreward to this, Caro's a great talent in his own right. From what I've seen so far it looks immaculate, and the story hints at something pretty gritty and nightmarish or rather hellish.
Dec. 13, 2007, 11:02 a.m. CST
and then gotta clean his cell. THEN he can direct Conan.
Dec. 13, 2007, 11:03 a.m. CST
Dec. 13, 2007, 11:53 a.m. CST
version of Dante's Inferno then I'm not interested. If Zemeckis is going to continue that whole mo-cap thing then that's where to go next. This time you have to have an NC-17 rating.
Dec. 13, 2007, 12:21 p.m. CST
and reread the lead. It's a Marc Caro film, not Zemeckis. But now I want to see an animated version of the Inferno.
Dec. 13, 2007, 12:52 p.m. CST
http://www.allocine.fr/video/player_gen_cmedia=18767224&cfilm=110951&hd=1. html In French
Dec. 13, 2007, 1:47 p.m. CST
That was fucking amazing. And A Very Long Engagement was better than Amelie.
Dec. 13, 2007, 7:12 p.m. CST
I see great attention to detail. Let's hope it's a great French space story like an episode of the (aforementioned) Metal Hurlant.
Dec. 13, 2007, 7:18 p.m. CST
Adding it to the list of stuff to see!
- The Friday Docback Crawls ‘Into The Dalek’!! Reader Reaction For DOCTOR WHO S08E02 Is Here!! + HornOrSilk's 'Breaking Bubbles and Other Stories' Big Finish Audio Review, Clips, And More!! -- 382 total posts 16 posts
- A Few Promo Images From EXODUS: GODS AND KINGS Bring Ridleyish Spectacle!! -- 203 total posts 12 posts
- WALKING DEAD!! BOARDWALK EMPIRE!! AGENTS OF SHIELD!! STAR WARS REBELS!! SOUTH PARK!! NEW GIRL!! HOMELAND!! GOTHAM!! FLASH!! SURVIVOR!! RESURRECTION!! PARENTHOOD!! BURGERS!! BLACKLIST!! BANG!! VOICE!! SLEEPY!! PERSON!! UTOPIA!! ANARCHY!! Z!! More Than 200 Autumn Premiere Dates!! -- 21 total posts 4 posts
- Who is in consideration to take the role of Snake in the ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK remake!?! -- 627 total posts 4 posts
- Will there be a change of roster in Avengers: Age of Ultron and if so, who's gonna be on it? -- 303 total posts 4 posts
- Is this what Doctor Doom looks like in Josh Trank's FANTASTIC FOUR?! -- 312 total posts 3 posts
- Two More BIG BROTHER Nominations!! The Return Of ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN!! MI6 On PBS!! FALLING SKIES Finale!! New MANHATTAN, MASTERS, NAKED, RAY, RECKLESS, BEACHFRONT, BREATHLESS, KARDASHIANS, WIPEOUT!! No STRAIN This Week!! No LEFTOVERS Finale Either!! Herc’s Sunday TV Talkback!! -- 23 total posts 2 posts
- Final PICKS & PEEKS of Aug 2014: LEGEND OF HELL HOUSE, Zombies, FOSSE, RATS, Nukes & Teens!!! -- 349 total posts 2 posts
- Don't count Andy Serkis' JUNGLE BOOK out just yet! He's scored Batman, Galadriel, Moneypenny, and Smaug for his cast! -- 97 total posts 2 posts
- Abortionist Killers On PBS!! HOUDINI Hits History!! Angie Returns To THE DOME!! New DALLAS, PARADISE, WOLF, WILD, MASTERCHEF, MODEL, NINJA, HOTEL, BEACH, & RAW!! PARTNERS & MISTRESSES Finales!! UNAUTHORIZED SAVED BY THE BELL STORY!! Annaleigh Ashford On CRAIG!! Herc’s Monday TV Talkback!! -- 1 total post 1 post